Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Part of the Bassa Series

Entries in this City Journal

U7UTZNR.png

These were the only images that Bassan investors had available when they made the decision to go into the former Soviet Union, namely Lithuania.

What they found was quite different:

hckipxs.png

bhqM4i9.png

Bassan investors acquired and rehabbed over 1,200 units of Stalinist-era housing, painting them in cheery colors.

o94QwGH.png

w0Q2vC1.png

Great profit was to be had.

E4DED3I.png

As were tightly-packed buildings at unnatural angles.

Navarre

In this entry

http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/5165/entry-24970-welcome/

you saw my island of Navarre. I tried to recreate and expand it in Skylines and am pretty proud of the result:

6jkWUKN.pngThe historic Port of Navarre. With an Old European (Dutch and Spanish) flavor, this is where all the Midwestern and European cruise tourists go and get overpriced drinks.

SLZPxCu.pngMore of the Port.

iT5dW5x.png

The Banhammer Bank complex. Bassa, like most other Caribbean islands, is no stranger to unethical banking practices and Banhammer had the good fortune to pick up these colonial-era structures (former police station and gaol) at a discount.

o7lbJEi.png

Club Red: touristic bungalows and a mall. Enough said; yuck!

JXfegkZ.png

Club Red and the national university complex.

iz286xi.pngChinatown, with Old Port in the distance.

Nd5YdrH.png

The Favelas. In spite of their name and dirt roads, their incredible views have attracted a mix of incomes, from tar paper shacks to modern villas.

4tRtPnf.png

New development in The Favelas.

JOz21Ue.png

New development in The Favelas and the beginnings of Chinatown. All the yellow buildings share a slumlord.

EDKeIDd.pngCondos in The Favelas.

gFxcifE.png

Lots for sale in The Favelas from $20,000 USD.

MIaISVN.png

Looking up...

CNAFJ7E.png

And down. Crystal City (that complex of Level 5 buildings) is the most expensive address in town.

RYvd3Ne.png

A slightly dated overview

zeRAyhV.png

Europlaza, an upscale mock-European shopping mall "town center" in The Favelas.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0