- Greetings once more dear friends, I am glad to present to you entry number two of this journal -
Entry Soundtrack (Need to have Spotify)
Aprus Radio - Reggae Program - Courtesy of LaGrosseRadio.com
Your browser does not support the audio element.
Journal Announcements - Open Spoiler
- I've spent the past week looking at everyone's journals ! What a wealth of inspiration, hours of entertainment! Keep up the great work everyone.
- I've also been busy making an illustration and a flyer for my real life part-time gardening and home-maintenance activity that I do with my girlfriend. We've named this activity Aprus too, which is the name for a Roman Goddess of Gardens, she who watches over the budding and flowering of spring. I took this perfect chance to incorporate this illustration into the Flag of Aprus that you see above. My GF and I made it, she drew the original on paper, then we scanned it and I translated it into a vector image : ) Hope you like it.
- Image Map. I'm trying my hand at making Image Maps for your enjoyment : ) In the first overview image below, you can click on each of those circled areas to open a close-up picture of that spot in a different tab.
- Soundtrack. This will be either a selected song from Spotify or a radio station from Shoutcast, or both , which I will pick to go with the entry, enjoy!
- Replies. Comment replies will be hosted on the relevant entry page, at the very bottom of the entry,
and inside spoiler tags. This is to keep all discussion about a specific entry on the same page. It also has the added benefit of keeping older posts alive longer!
- If possible, leave critical feedback about the entry, such as what aspect you think could be improved, what you didn't like, suggestions on better usage of any aspect of my game are welcome. Of course, positive feedback is IMMENSELY appreciated as well and thank you all very much for your input.
- I would like to take this opportunity to gently remind everyone to remember about the Rating system, don't forget to rate our journal entries, try to be objective, not just +5 everything This is very useful for the creator to see how we are doing, and can give real pointers to users browsing the forums as well. I've noticed people are generally shy about rating and I think that's a real shame. Also don't forget to give reputation whenever you feel it is deserved, this is also a greatly welcomed and effective incentive to keep improving our work.
Ok, let's get on with the story!
2. Aprussian Pioneers
Since arriving at the beach a couple of weeks ago, our adventurer have been furiously at work to prepare for the imminent arrival of more settlers:
Note: Click on circles to see LARGE images of each part!!
" shape="poly" style="outline:none" target="_blank" title="Logging Continues." rel="lightbox" /> " shape="poly" style="outline:none" target="_blank" title="Some of our friends have taken a moment to relax by the beach." rel="lightbox"/>
If you rather not use the Image map, and/or to read the commentary, open the spoiler.
A camp-site has been set up on the beach, larger boulders cleared to create path borders:
Work has begun on felling of a section of forest, looks like it will take a very long time to clear a decent strip for landing.. huge boulders don't help!
Logs are being stock-piled here, ready for building. A large bonfire is constantly fed by the excess branches, litter, leaves and shrubs they need to burn to clear the forest.
In preparation for the winter and to make sure their electrical equipment doesn't spoil, they quickly raise a rudimentary shed. Some corn fields have been prepared next to the shed.
Some of the team are on break, enjoying some fishing, sunbathing and kayaking in a quiet spot.
Finally, as promised here is a new video, in HD720 for your viewing pleasure! Don't forget to turn off Aprus Radio or the Entry Soundtrack above before viewing the video : ) Rate, Comment, Follow; have a good day and see you next time!
Replies to this entry
Sexysark:P: Thank you for commenting, although I'm not so sure it's a masterpiece! But thank you for your appreciation.
Mymyjp:: Thank you for the compliments! Glad you are liking it so far. Did my best to keep it short this time
Ln X:: Thank you for commenting, much appreciated.
Kim Sunwoo:: Wow, that is a huge compliment, thank you! I hope to live up to those expectations.
89James89:: Thank you! It was easy to make as the beach was there from last update
Schulmanator:: Thank you very much for your comment!
Akerbeltz::Thank you, I am pleased you mentioned the music too! Glad you like it.
47ply:: Thanks! I take that as a very big compliment coming from you, sir. You are among my favourite MMP'rs.
NMUSpidey:: Thank you for your comment! As mentioned in previous update, this journal will have little "urban development" as such, at least for the time being! Hopefully this wont put you off of visiting though! I'll try my best to speed things up and get to the city part asap