Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A picture and video experience to your linking.

Entries in this City Journal

jacob814

So for those who care, this series is not dead, ive just been more busy than ever with school and work. Not to mention City Skylines came out so any free time I did have normally went to that. Good knew though it that things are starting to settle down for the time being. I do plan to resume the simcity 4 journal/youtube series soon. I just dont have an exact time. The next journal will come out with episode 6 of my youtube series. Im only at video 4. If you do enjoy this series and would like to see another journal post sometime soon, motivation will help from the comments. I got great comments from all of you and I thank all that commented. I do hope I can do something soon.

Newest youtube video and spoilers for next journal:

Youtube playlist:

Have any ideas on how to make my city better, just tell me, I am happy for any feedback.

jacob814

So for those who care, this series is not dead, ive just been more busy than ever with school and work. Not to mention City Skylines came out so any free time I did have normally went to that. Good knew though it that things are starting to settle down for the time being. I do plan to resume the simcity 4 journal/youtube series soon. I just dont have an exact time. The next journal will come out with episode 6 of my youtube series. Im only at video 4. If you do enjoy this series and would like to see another journal post sometime soon, motivation will help from the comments. I got great comments from all of you and I thank all that commented. I do hope I can do something soon.

Newest youtube video and spoilers for next journal:

Youtube playlist:

Have any ideas on how to make my city better, just tell me, I am happy for any feedback.

jacob814

Replies:

Mymjp- Those can be found along with other fillers I use for industry. I have the Industrial Revolution mod installed so these filler work really well with any growable industry.

Hello everyone

I am going to start off by explaining what I plan for this multi city tile. The tile you see in this journal post is Ashbouro Crossroads, which is an area of Ashbouro City. This city is name Ashbouro Crossroads because of the major road/highway that runs through it and the major interchange I plan to create in another journal entry. The city is a transition from high/medium density to large neighborhoods and with a little bit of industry that supports the main city. Of course as of this journal post, that "main city" has not been finished. I plan to show it off in its own little series sometime soon along with this one.

In this journal post I show you some of my industrial area.

Just a reminder - This journal like many others will be filled with many pictures about a city in a making. The difference is that you can also follow this series on my YouTube channel on the build process. The journal will be different though because I will be giving more detailed pictures of the area rather than the process of me building the area.

An Overview:

fKLET.png

The main freight yard for Ashbouro City:

fKM3d.png

Every city needs a few good old stinky power plants, right? Well here's one:

fKLSP.png

fKLSf.png

We all love a good filler:

fKM0z.png

fKLW3.png

One of the main track junctions of the area:

fKLZh.png

And to finish this off here is a nice highway exit:

fKM2p.png

That would do it for this journal entry but you can always watch the series of me building what you see on https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOkbaIFbwzvUBITtvVd_MJLkyeFG8hV_5!

Comments a feedback are appreciated. I would love to make this journal/series better for all you watchers.

jacob814

Ashbouro CrossRoads

This is an Index and area to find my video side of the journal on Youtube.

This is my first journal and I am most pleased on what I have gotten done with the city tile I am on. I plan to release a journal entry every three episodes to keep in tie with my youtube series. The pictures will go over my favorite areas and are to showcase what I have gotten done in better detail with points of interest. The youtube series is only showing me building the city as it goes. This journal and YouTube series will be different. I plan to post in this journal at least once a week, hopefully more ;)

Youtube Playlist:

Index- will feature all links and description of each of them and their pictures.

1.N/A - Coming up soon

If you like what you see, videos/journal please leave me feedback and/or constructive criticism. This is my first real attempt to trying to build a full blown multi-tiled city. This is also my first journal so if I am doing something wrong or there is someway I could improve, let me know.

Sneak-peak:

Ashbouro%20Crossroads-Sep.%201%20001423532125_zpsnpavzqbl.png

Sign in to follow this