• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A journal that shares with the community the current districts and documents the development of the city...

Entries in this City Journal

gviper

JKFb27A.png

Well, it's been a long time...I've been working primarily on my city Capistrano...of which now several versions exist. My large-scale projects have largely ceased. These images represent a variety of "flavors" from past work and the first version of Capistrano's CBD.

Thank you to all those who graciously commented on the previous entry.

Hope you enjoy!

The following picture represents the ONLY time I tried out Dark Night. In fact, this is the only image using it I have. The city is an old one called Belle Glade.

63GY75H.png

This image represents a close-up of a really early version of Capistrano's CBD...

mRepJ8o.png

Another shot of an early version of Capistrano's CBD...

LIoiVZm.png

Retouch to a lighthouse picture...

PJZIEWz.png

Mandarin Avenue--An early version of Capistrano's CDB...

xJKfCrt.png

"Thunderstorm clearing at the coast"

c6ViDjo.png

Early version of Capistrano's CBD (Joint work with myself and Militant Radical)...

bqmzD2v.jpg

Goodbye for now...

.jpg

gviper

untitled.PNG.38003a552544b249d67e060808c

Hello Everyone! Thank you for the comments on my previous entry! I hope all are well...

For this entry I reached back into the archives of a work I began but never (and likely won't) finish. Though it won't ever see completion, I wanted to share with the community what I had done. It was a Riviera-esque inspired theme and contained a fair amount of lot editing.

Here it is:

ORIGINALLY ENVISIONED BOARDWALK/HARBOR GREENWAY...                                      

56d8dd554da58_yCmzspw1.thumb.png.0a32ece

EAST END OF GREENWAY....

J0VAmjb.png

MUSEUM OVERLOOKING GREENWAY...

C8eGfzh.png

PERFORMING ARTS CENTER...

a3rhKwA.png

SOME MORE OF THE MUSEUM AND SURROUNDING AREA...

AI7vcXX.png

WEST END OF THE HARBOR AREA...

19SzEhq.png

PARK PATHS IN THE RESIDENTIAL AREA...

hgP7qlS.png

NOW, IT'S TIME FOR THE "LADIES" OF THE RIVIERA....

R8wItTV.png

p2QuE9E.png

eheOlkH.png

dbQlHS2.png

s5JHkAd.png

j0r9VqM.png

BKg4uh3.png

Ndml1vT.png

PLUS! As a Special thank you for those that helped this journal reach 8000 views; a teaser shot from the entertainment district of Capistrano! Oh, there's much more and hopefully it reaches 10,000!!!

N8VfCOC.png

That's all for now, I am slowly winding down my SC4 activity, but hopefully can bring to completion my last project outside Capi..we'll see...

Til next time...Take care!

.jpg

gviper

jST2wdC.png

Well, it's been a while and this presentation is based off of the airport I created for my city Capistrano. Unfortunately this city file was saved corrupted so I no longer play it and the airport area has been "re-purposed" in the playable Capistrano save.  Nonetheless, here it is, obviously it's not to scale (as I didn't want to dedicate an entire large tile solely for such) and isn't entirely polished. I've included a couple of misc shots with some new image editing software I am working with (though it's not Photoshop, which I can't afford right now) to add a little extra flavor to some work I've done in the past. Interestingly, the portion of Capistrano seen in these pics has largely been reworked as well. So in a way this will be a glimpse into the city's past.

On to the pics!

Here we have the two largest gates serving the largest of the Boeing and Airbus fleets conveniently located across from the Capistrano Convention Center!

srWtve1.png

Runway approach south...

giumvgu.png

Runway approach north

pyQxy6Z.png

Northeast perimeter of the airport:

1UIzPdc.png

Daytime shot:

gssAv1t.png

Similar shot a little further north of those above...

AtCgk4e.png

Night shot of the terminal:

dXod0II.png

Day operations north terminal section:

tT09Gbp.png

Overall panorama of the airport at night:

7kemHWo.png

Miscellaneous Shots:

"Thunderstorm on the course"

tsKiHsc.png

"Ocean's Embrace"

u5wV4BT.png

Well, that's all. Unfortunately, my span of activity in SC4 has markedly dwindled (still love the game) I only have one other project in the works and still hoping my journal reaches 10k views at which point I'll showcase the current city of Capistrano (which I think is my best work)...who knows what'll be next! hope you have enjoyed!

Thanks for the comments!

.jpg

gviper

NfP6qAz.png

And and season greetings, hello, buenos dias, Happy New Years (to come) to those that do and don't celebrate it.  The city of Capistrano and various landmarks have jumped into the holiday season with lights aplenty. Not to mention the gushing public works department who just began operation of their new combined water supply/treatment facility. Enough of the blabber...here's a look..

Capable of serving the city for years to come it's modern to the hilt...

bLxn3MW.jpg

RIrTkQM.png

Now onto the holiday decor...

Looks like the fire department's main station personnel are getting into the act:

Qvsh60G.png

Oh, and Capistrano Square downtown is all hustle and bustle with the fervor of the season:

ZMwRV6k.png

Even at night:

H3RLgVs.png

The city's sports arena is showing its season spirit too:

qQdVIWY.png

Game on under the lights! Oh, and egg nog from the concession stand will only cost you 8.00USD a glass!

lhVxFrV.png

And what would the season be without a Christmas greeting from mayor Scott Jackson and his wife:

NQusDPS.jpg

Oh, what's this?

T0hVaO3.jpg

Looks like the Christmas party at city hall is the place to be!

They've got the place all adorned in holiday decor:

AW2w3u1.png

The mayor even appropriated funds to light the place in holiday decor at night!

ucVzDEG.png

Bonus pic of the city's stadium:

vsfMdzd.png

Well Happy Holidays everyone, hope everyone here at Simtropolis has a great 2016!

-City of Capistrano

Oh, pass the egg nog will ya!

.jpg

gviper

Port of Capistrano

ggE3fbJ.png

Well to those that celebrate it, Happy Thanksgiving (tomorrow). One place that won't get much sleep: the port of Capistrano. A barometer of economic activity in the growing city and these guys and gals will be running around the clock to serve the industries of Sim Nation. And YES, there is pollution man, cuz this is a gritty, dirty, bustling port! Hope you enjoy! Please comment and rate.

Port of Capistrano:

BRK6gcS.png

zW6fQ1G.png

QeKQiK5.png

51jFe98.png

North and south jetty protecting the entrance to the port:

oiQrU9l.png

MFyADDI.png

OI5rap0.png

gUaGN3E.png

GRn6nmV.png

oOB7RZZ.png

OI5rap0.png

kzxUdxa.png

Z2TmNaD.png

qYQUbrh.png

Panorama wide-shots:

3trpRMu.png

8ezurD8.jpg

The port authority planted more trees, now they need to clean up the water pollution!

.jpg

gviper

EHonJ7G.png

Well, this one has been a long time in coming. I originally set out to rebuild Vista Del Mar's CBD hill area. While working on the new vision for the area, I encountered a fatal save error (likely the result of moving the mouse before the game had resumed from a save).  Thus, I ended up with bad sectors in the city tile that wouldn't hold saved work...period. So here's a one-shot presentation of work I wasn't able to save since it would only result in a good portion of it graphically disappearing on reload.

This is the revision in its entirety...

Here we are along the Del Mar Channel featuring plush bayside condos...

eWLqug8.png

Working our way north from the image above:

t0f8MA7.png

One of the roundabouts in the area surrounding a local residential/commercial area:

vXFZKrH.png

A panoramic shot of the reworked bayfront featuring the arena district, city hall and waterfront condos:

9qzb8DI.png

Bayfront condos as the sun goes down:

fcVJ9Cn.png

Close-up of an intersection in the area:

5piJg6H.png

Residential terraces and canal system along the westside:

U7ZX3bd.png

Harborview tower at night:

pz1hZb4.png

Hotel, office tower and intersection on the outskirts of the new CBD:

BooU0ks.png

Residential tower & bridge connecting central district to westside island:

PcoBedL.png

Same area by night:

0ZRo9mp.png

Waterfront area where canal meets sea:

2pNmDqz.png

Soccer park and access area toward the southeast area of the district:

TmDe6OF.png

East side of new CBD with tunnel avenue that bypasses the congestion for thru traffic:

wyUQBXL.png

Residential & office tower along in the southwest area:

fgDxqMN.png

Same area by night:

suGlwQd.png

One of the city's tallest office towers standing proud along the western fringes of the area:

G6L6OBv.png

And now the redesigned CBD:

zBrM3zh.png

IX9q0nQ.png

zKZLN7H.png

dnb85mE.png

The finale: A comparison shot of CBD 2.0 & 1.0:

p9Pl7nl.png

PoksHVb.png

Which do you prefer?

As always, thanks for viewing, rating, and commenting, I hope you have enjoyed the presentation.

.jpg

gviper

From the Picture Archives comes a re-imaged world...

Vista Del Mar: fantasy

These images (some not shown before) represent the physical world and works created only with a new and different perspective.  I hope you enjoy this presentation of fantasy...

" Neon Oasis"

J0bkWL1.png

"Extra Innings"

3Li7eQm.png

"Cosmopolitan"

qXrynzC.png

"Evening Escape"

TU3b1fA.png

"Aquarian"

wGMRnUf.png

"Midnight Madness"

f5yHWkn.png

"Laser Lagoon"

xE2FXzQ.png

"Silent Voice"

406LzYw.png

"Crystal Cahalane"

eBRkTnb.png

"Faces"

NykjWEM.png

"Neon Heights"

uEFpYnG.png

"Paradise"

QhaQqdc.png

"Resting Place"

NxSfn30.png

"Autumn at the Lighthouse"

jhh17Kc.png

Thank you for viewing, rating and commenting!!

.jpg

gviper

GipcnBO.jpg

And Simcity 4 creators and players thought that Jenquai merely specialized in alchemy! NO WAY! This entry presents the massive urban aqueduct they built to serve the city of Edison Shores with water and wastewater treatment all while functioning as a park and development space. 

As always thanks for the comments and I hope you enjoy this piece I've had in my files for a while...

First up, a series of panoramic zoom shots to capture the entire essence of the massive structure:

WcxlyGy.png

Ow2DFZQ.png

This is a functional monument with water pumps toward the bottom of the picture and a wastewater treatment plant at the top.

Now for a closer look around the structure and its water pumps:

c4yEYS1.png

A look at the terracing of the aqueduct and development on the lower level of the structure:

cLWz4uX.png

Another view in a different sector:

QFZsJlX.png

A night shot of a corner of the aqueducts:

pfYIZos.png

Here we see the top of the aqueducts where people can rest and take in the breathtaking view:

c6UpLR3.png

A night shot featuring one segment of the aqueduct making its way down with the highway that runs inside the structure:

Oops forgot to take out the interface! Sorry :)

QKjpmRx.png

Proof positive that those crafty guys at Jenquai Alchemy have branched into architecture and engineering projects that serve a community in more ways than one!

Till next time!

Good day or Good night!

.jpg

gviper

VhdC7zQ.png

I hope viewers enjoyed the last presentation. Thank you very much for the comments!!

In this entry I decided to showcase the lighthouses of the region (new and old) alike.

First up: A daytime shot of Oswander Beach lighthouse

DHNpkNU.png

Oswander Beach lighthouse by night as it guards the coast:

tefxLm9.png

Next up: an artistic featurette of the Del Mar Bay lighthouse:

cMo9PSv.png

Next up is a currently unnamed lighthouse that was created to serve the coastline of this MMP project tile I am working on:
(Ooops, sorry about the game interface blooper)
uTOG1gn.png

The same work by night:

7ahziXL.png

Finally, the newest addition to the fleet: Capistrano Lighthouse. This lighthouse serves as the beacon to the Capistrano harbor and is a part of the new city of Capistrano I have been working on.

4zZ1n5U.png

Capistrano Lighthouse at night:

xAXS7jK.png

Well, I hope you have enjoyed this presentation of the guardians of the region's oceans and shoreline! Please leave comments and rep if so inclined!

.jpg

gviper

Del Mar Gardens

boj2qnt.png

The next entry from the archives was inspired by the Hanging Gardens of Haifa, Israel.

Thanks for the previous comments...

First up, the central area of the gardens and terraces at fall:

Apcy527.png

Chinden and Emereth fountains, as well as the central gazebo and amphitheatre of the gardens:

rWelirq.png

Night shot of Evangelist park in the gardens:]

WwX4RvD.png

Panoramic night shot of the entire garden during the fall season:

CHP3XOz.png

Spring has sprung at the gardens as we look at Scott Pagoda:

l3HL8Ij.png

Hendricks Fountain & terraces:

E47w92m.png

Central area of the gardens at spring:

WCXis4d.png

Evangelist Park during the springtime:

TtFy7sE.png

Finally a parting panoramic night shot of the gardens and terraces:

nTyQwtj.png

Hope you have enjoyed this presentation.  Please rate and comment!

-Gviper

.jpg

gviper

Please Read:

My city journal has been retitled as I move out of featuring my city Vista Del Mar and move toward showcasing side projects, artwork that I am trying to produce with Simcity 4, and a few other urban areas in the region. I still have a few pics of Vista Del Mar to feature in the gallery or on an entry here.  I'm trying to really push the boundaries of the game and produce some artwork for the visually-minded folks of the community to enjoy,

Gviper

With that in mind here's one of the projects in my archives, it's a spin on a ziggurat please comment and rate...

ox3ogJ4.png

First up, an all-around panorama of the ziggurat (many hours of time spent in MMP here)

Y6dZW9A.png

northwest area of the ziggurat...

bWw3BDs.png

Eastern entrance steps featuring Simcoug's awesome stairs!!

v0Wmyoi.png

Northern falls of the ziggurat...

iUszfCR.png

Close up of the falls and vegetation adorning the staircases...

vMfvY7Y.png

View of the falls descent down the ziggurat from its peak...

nNt9LCJ.png

Night shot of the peak of the ziggurat...

Y6dZW9A.png

Sunset on at the ziggurat...

po1rbLv.png

Hope you have enjoyed this artistic presentation!!!

.jpg

gviper

6vc9r4L.png

It has been some time since I last posted an entry on this journal. Since then I have been spending my time deciding which direction I want to take this city and my SC4 work in general, beginning such work, and sorting out very significant game bug while doing so.  Nevertheless, we were reaching the finale of this city anyway and I have decided to appropriately make this the last entry for this series.  I have much more work to share with the community under a new title for my city journal: "Gviper Presents:" Which will follow soon.

Hope you enjoy this last feature...

Let's take a look...

Here we see a shot of the central park area of the business district...

IvZGyoz.png

Here we have a shot of the dense development that really permeates the area...

s3pgzJk.png

Another night shot as we move south along the district (w/ business and residential towers)...

taimRUX.png

Day shot of the area...

NjMu0CO.png

And of course my signature night shot of the same area...euMrm4G.png

Here we see the waterfront area of the business district with some residential towers as well...

Eo0PYus.png

Bikell residential (GROW) featured in this area that is due east of the shot above...

EZu912b.png

This area was inspired by Times Square. I sought in my city to incorporate a lot of night color and to create a significant city space for citizens to congregate and socialize as well as seek entertainment, dining, and shopping...

bW3fCeV.png

More of the area moving east...

NceTBAm.png

Finally, the eastern perimeter of what I call "Citizens' Square."

IQlh3Wd.png

Panoramic shot featuring most of the CBD that we have been looking at over the past entries...

PoksHVb.png

And a bonus night shot of another building I really like: Atlantis (grown)

taimRUX.png

Well, I hope you have enjoyed the presentation of Vista Del Mar! My future entries will showcase some of the side projects and creations I have undertaken, as well as the Vista Del Mar 2.0 that I created (renovating & recreating a large chunk of the city) even though the game tried to quash my work!  PLEASE RATE AND LEAVE COMMENTS!!

AS ALWAYS: THANK YOU TO THE CONTENT CREATORS THAT MADE THIS POSSIBLE!!!

GVIPER

.jpg

gviper

w4l45F2.png

Welcome back to part 2 of Vista Del Mar's CBD! As always, thank you for the comments! In this entry we move from the east/northeast section of the CBD to the west/northwest and central areas of the district. I start this entry once again with a picture of the zoning (for those that like to know what's been plopped and grown, and a chart for the folks that would like some figures on what I have going on here commercial-wise.

First up: zones and charts...

KQGov64.png

Population and total jobs levels for the city...

6XRThLp.png

Now the better stuff!!

This is the north-central area of the CBD where west meets east featuring Optus (grow) and mixed res and commercial development w/ the city's municipal stadium as well...

HEqIO4I.png

Same location by night...

wKnQpc1.png

Here we see another dense area of high-rise development, this shot is just east and south of those above..

pkIIXu2.png

This shot is toward the Northwest section of the CBD and features perhaps the city's largest capacity skyscraper: DMScopio's tower with about 11,200 CO$$$ jobs, with the Jenna Lynn R$$$ tower (grow) nestled behind it...

LesoZ2e.png

Here we see the northwest boundary of the CBD as it meets the bay...

3gdbkaI.png

Same area by night...

lMJoaDT.png

If we move just a little father north of the shot above we come to the eastern span of the city's second bridge which supports traffic heading into and out of the central business district...

lQ9DuDn.png

Bonus shot of the bridge from my archives...

d7nlYSs.png

This is a shot of the bridge and surrounding area looking south...

Y5BBUv5.png

Another dense central area of the CBD, a dividing line between the northern and southern areas featuring Summit (grow) and various other towers (plopped and grown)...

p0h60zF.png

Finally, how about an overall wide shot to provide a broader perspective of the area. This is the northern extent of the CBD...

HbyklWQ.png

Hope you have enjoyed the tour! In part 3 we'll continue our move south and west in the CBD...

Please comment and rate!!! THANKS!

.jpg

gviper

XymFgWD.png

So, we have navigated around most of the central city area, Tranquility cove, Sentinel Island and some of the waterfront. Now, in the first part of a 3 or 4 part series we move into the core of the city's business and residential highrise district. The city's most prominent buildings reside here. With next entry I'll look to provide some stats of the city's job via screen shot of graphs for those who care. The state of the CBD as it is now has taken many hours of work, and I certainly hope the community enjoys. Some repetition of buildings, but I did strive to get a variation of styles...

First off, a look at the RCI composition of a good chunk of the area. We have some plops but most of this has been grown. Yeah, the brown boxes only show in this overlay and are due to a problem between the street light mod and road mod conflict I haven't been able to locate.

kyw1Dd9.png

Starting at the southeast fringe of the CBD we see a collection of commerce, apartments, and night spots that dot the northern edge of Citizen's Square...

F3GHjKD.png

Here we have a day shot a little farther north of the area featuring several residential towers...

c2fyYee.png

And a night shot of the area above...

dvMNrG8.png

Continuing north from the shots above we move back into some medium density transition zoning at the northeast edge of the CBD...

nvr2s29.png

Night shot of the location above...

qINXn3G.png

West-southwest of the image above we find ourselves moving back into the CBD's eastern boundary with a shot of Cahalane office tower at sunrise...

afBZs0L.png

Moving a bit north from the shot above we see more of the CBD area featuring Catullus Tower and Cobb Atlantic residential grow as well as the city's opera house...

n6ZKzRi.png

This shot is of the northeast transition zone of the central business district...

D1PRnKj.png

Well, hope you have enjoyed the tour. Stay tuned as we explore other areas of the CBD in future entries.

.jpg

gviper

M1CqiGl.png

As we move west and north from the East Esplanade the waterfront greenway continues and we begin to see the first skyscrapers and mid-rise commercial and residential towers that makeup a large portion of the central district of Vista Del Mar.

Note: I do take a measure of pride in growing as many buildings as I can, so as we move closer to the CBD and the city's most prominent buildings I'll feature pics of the growth patterns for those interested. I'd say my percentage of growth overall is about 80-85%. This is one for this entry:

63JkZCF.png

An aerial view of the East Esplanade moving west along Tranquility Cove to use as a reference...

9nLOUml.png

An area of denser commercial and residential buildings at the head of the cove...

BwmlUlm.png

The same location by night...

xsJcZD0.png

Looking at the east side of the cove...

Wm0Fwwv.png

A couple residential and commercial highrises occupy the area (not considered part of the CBD area though)

EvuRFhk.png

Different view of the area...

RuTm4XN.png

Moving north from the cove into the city we see one of the highways leading to points west and north...

eNTewWK.png

Same area by night...

xHVn1t8.png

View from the north (looking south) of the highway...

XZIoq7L.png

First interchange that collects highway traffic from the eastern areas of the city to that moving west and south...

iWs4qcI.png

Second interchange that allows commuters coming from various directions to move west toward the central business district...

65vGdZ3.png

Note: I stick with standard interchanges to maximize space available and to enable me to avoid trouble with slope modifications...not to mention the headache of trying to customize them.

I hope you have enjoyed this entry! Thank you for your comments!

.jpg

gviper

nysMYwA.png

This city journal reached a milestone and I wanted to thank the community in a way I hope it enjoys: some pictures of side work and art pictures capturing features (past and present) of Vista Del Mar.

Guardian of the Night

sKf6L22.png

Golf course Compositions

tAencNC.png

0d1enAN.png

Cool Latitudes

tfYa6TL.png

Now if only I could get my hands on Photoshop and begin to learn it! I have many more pieces of development art. I sincerely hope you have enjoyed this presentation.

Thank you for your comments and views!!

We will return to regularly scheduled journal presentations with the next entry!!

Stay tuned!!

.jpg

gviper

L3111js.png

This second feature of the central city district of the city features the esplanade that runs east in the district and extends north of the airport. It serves as a greenway for nearby residents and workers on breaks to get up close and personal to the shore of the bay. It moves north and forms the eastern leg of a continuous greenway that spans a significant portion of the district.

Hope you enjoy! As always, thanks for the comments and rep points...

Here we have the southern extent of the east esplanade...

JEPNmoR.png

Here we see the esplanade as it makes it way north (with one of the city's treatment plants serving the nearby area)...

O4vr4qz.png

A closer look at some of the development along the path...

3O0UT6O.png

Development and a mid-rise apartment mark the northern extent of this portion of the path...

l2uZnCt.png

Sunset along the esplanade...

9E4TGlO.png

Night along the path w/ a few residents out enjoying an evening sail...

6Orlsvy.png

Yes...we are rapidly approaching the beginning of the central business district...

.jpg

gviper

rZW4w04.png

First off: A big thank you to all commenters, I hope that you enjoy watching the story of this city unfold.

This next entry finally details (in several parts) the central city district of Vista Del Mar. In part I we look at some of the facilities that supply power and water, a snapshot (or two) of one of the bridges that span the district connecting Del Mar Island to the eastern and western areas of the city.

Note: this is a hilly terrain, I understand that frequently the foundations for some residences will stand out, I like them the way they are and simply let them develop the way they did. This city was built Pre-slope mod, after installing I found it both a tool and a at times cumbersome and inauthentic way to develop on uneven terrain. Most streets have been contoured for gradient (via monorail) but it is what it is enjoy!

District population: approx 406,000 or 66% of the city's total.

This is the east span of the Sentinel Bridge coming in on the east side of Del Mar Island

42ITXXT.png

Apartment tower looking east down Rochester Street as it makes it way down to the shore of Cook Channel...

CTaUZgB.png

Night shot of same picture...

0YTzHWj.png

Retail and office area on Del Mar Island near University of Vista Del Mar...

CBXJ5C2.png

West of the retail and office area we reach the eastern shore of the Pierce Channel on the western side of Del Mar Island...

kPz9oeS.png

Arena district and some residential towers (both grows) at the north end of Del Mar Island...

35glHJn.png

Mid-rise apartment tower/office/retail space near the city hall in the northern area of Del Mar Island...

PKVOmyn.png

Moving further west off of Del Mar Island we find the city's primary water sourcing and treatment facility though there are other treatment facilities this is the only one that both treats and provides water for residents in the central city district.

Ufx2dtj.png

Night shot of same picture...

uT9FJVr.png

Here we find Vista Del Mar's power supply facility for the district.

Number of buildings powered: 11,514

44,217 megawatt hours consumed/month

jOd3zsF.png

Here we see the east span of the Sentinel bridge as it leaves the eastern section of the city taking commuters west toward Del Mar Island...

xeZFYoq.png

And the eastern area of the district is also home to the city's international airport. A short freeway drive from the central business district...

Note: for commercial demand to be maintained the default game airport had to be kept (I tried a modded airport and it tanked my demand).

cQw9vGu.png

Hope you have enjoyed part I....

More to come including a district-wide shot...

.jpg

gviper

laW35Z7.png

Having spent a lot of time developing through city development Vista Del Mar, I have reached many of the dreams I had since returning to SC4; I attained the dream CBD I always wanted, and have a fairly large city. So, I have become interested in spending more of my time developing artistic work using the tools graciously provided by content creators and the game more so than laying down new city buildings. This work is one of the many pieces I have that I'd like to share. The concept was simply inspired by a quiet moon-lit night at a isolated desert oasis.

Here we see the oasis by day...

D4vGLst.png

The sun is setting...

I2a6CLu.png

Nighttime has nearly arrived...

CkDwVRp.png

But this oasis is unlike any other!

For here exists the colored palm; their trunks adorned by various vibrant colors that only appear after dark...

7rHbwbk.png

Here we see the green palms...

zeSbTRR.png

And several other colored palms as well...

ztEBfbB.png

The moon is full and bright tonight!

bSmbXPY.jpg

By day, the oasis is a quiet, tranquil setting in an otherwise barren desert, awaiting the coming of another night, and the return of the midnight light!

OLWFUPM.png

Additional:

Here's a piece I did as a pun on life up in the "glass world" of skyscrapers. (In case you didn't catch it in the forums).

BOZ4dZI.png

Till next time...

.jpg

gviper

Vista Del Mar Presents: Monkey See Park and a new citywide picture...

DcQ3ZyR.png

An updated shot of the entire city of Vista Del Mar. I kicked out the beach mod and have been slowly working on adjusting the flavor of the beach and vegetation.

Monkey See Park

l79Qoul.png

Anyone who has followed my work thus far knows I like parks. So, this one started out with no direction whatsoever. After completing it (just some minor vegitation work remains) I noticed it looked a bit like the face of a monkey!

Any resemblance?

UvOErvy.jpg

Hmmm...the ponds as noses, the eyes up above, and some "hair" forming to the outside?

MN0ELJY.png

How about a night shot of the park...

And one looking upon the park as it descends the hill:

wEiFbiD.png

Yeah, regardless of whether you see the monkey in it or something else, this guy sure loves to do this when he visits:

zbSN8WR.jpg

One more shot of the park at night for you folks:

Rn8AJ2O.png

Hope you enjoyed my presenting of the city's newest park. What did you see? Or did you go...

JYA0Taj.jpg

BANANAS!!!!

.jpg

gviper

d3WRsQb.png

As promised, this entry presents the most prestigious and cutting-edge of the three universities in Vista Del Mar. The MIT of Simcity, this university is ultra-selective, and focuses on the disciplines of mathematics, engineering, and the sciences...

Vista Del Mar Institute of Science

BpssF5F.png

The east side of the campus we see Grenner Hall (Engineering) and Marshall S. Scott Computer Science Center and Kirkland Library...

mWVQhcN.png

Here's another view of the east side of the campus...

Before we proceed, Emeritus Professor of Nanoscience Dr. Victor Volsaing has a message for prospective students:

8cWM0GH.png

Continuing on..

0EKf9tY.png

Nighttime descends on the campus. From the eastern perimeter we see the student commons located in Edison Science Center and a side view of Fields Administration Building...

gsUB9WV.png

Another perspective of the road along the eastern campus perimeter...

v3EnlWR.png

Here's a shot of the southern perimeter of the campus featuring Edison Science Center. Looks like some students are conversing on their meal brakes in the Durango Student Plaza...

Let's take a peek in on one of the lectures...

dOUhocF.jpg

Dr. Rubenstein is very passionate about what he teaches...

dUcMofO.png

Western perimeter of the campus...

So, what do the labs look like in the Edison Science Center? I'll show you:

WPmM2oc.jpg

All that public and private funding provides the tools professors and students work with...

And finally, an overall night shot of the entire campus:

0Udur5C.png

Do you have what it takes to study here?

.jpg

gviper

Ivy League: Part I

4PGSz3F.png

Vista Del Mar boasts several technical and vocational colleges as well as a couple universities. These three represent the "Ivy League" of the city and region; prestigious, highly selective, and at the forefront of education, science, technology and innovation...

Zamora University

ZP1XnbO.png

Aptly named for the hospital on its campus, this university primarily focuses upon medical education and technology...

K8pECP3.png

YBuB23w.png

The university boasts a wild compliment of athletic programs and a state-of-the-art arena for its basketball team...

OyFj0ED.png

The campus by night...

Next up:

University of Vista Del Mar

3mJo6A8.png

The second of the triad "Ivy League" this university focuses on a broader scope of disciplines including: law, psychology, arts, and politics...

QINysqP.png

Interior shot:

MxI9MUM.jpg

(Study library in Ballard Hall)

cK7m9cs.png

Even in the evening the campus is still bustling with comatose student's meandering their way to and from classes...

Well, that's 2 of the 3 Ivy League universities...the last (and perhaps most prestigious of the three) I am saving for part II...Don't miss it!!!

.jpg

gviper

Arts and Entertainment

e5HNC23.png

tc7AWdQ.png

Basketball anyone? The citizens of Vista Del Mar are ravenous fans of their basketball team! So are the city's political leaders HA!

nGuZqhO.png

The arena by night. Hot dog and a cold brew: only 55 Simoleans!

Perhaps baseball is more your flavor?

TPMP6Sg.png

Yeah Vista Del Mar has that too!

pVfZWfQ.png

By foot, by car, or by yacht; come one come all...

What's that? Oh, you prefer the theatrical arts and concerts...got you covered!

8AA32hZ.png

bfV94Cr.png

Concert hall by night as a catamaran cuts the evening waters of Del Mar Bay...

.jpg

gviper

PGA comes to town!

Thank you for the gracious comments on my previous journal!!!

This entry follows upon the teaser I posted two journals ago. Pebble Creek Country Club has been completed and is now playing host to a regional PGA tournament for its inauguration. Note: some graphical glitches may be visible, this is due to the overlapping of rocks necessary to complete the landscaping idea. Let's take a look at the tournament!

V5GoX8T.png

The tournament commences at the club house as players tee off...

MqgJlxp.jpgC1nj8NW.jpg

GlpTKZD.png Here we are looking at the competition on the tee for hole 3 and the bunker on hole 2...Ooops! Looks like one of the players is trying to get out of the sand...let's get a closer look...

fIFDfvl.jpg

Whoa! That's going to hurt his chance to make par!

X0dodWU.png

Looks like a couple players are looking to tee off on hole 6 as a player and his caddies discuss strategy on the bridge over Pebble Creek, let's go course side for some action...

52aM5FM.jpg

STOP ALL ACTIVITY! What does this guy think he's doing on the course?!!?

p8TnL08.jpg

A three way tie on the final hole of the last round!!! What's going to happen?

bOYYa8Z.png

orhyslO.jpgOOoX319.jpgZorlTl3.jpg

Oh yes!

7W6Ev0t.jpg

ON THE MONEY!

Congratulations to the winner of the inaugural Pebble Creek Country Club Tournament!!

t7aoFl0.jpg

Additional Picture: Only a few select estates dot this most prestigious course in Vista Del Mar and here's one:

mDd8IaL.png

.jpg

gviper

Thank you to all commenters on previous entries for your kind responses!!!

The beaches of Vista Del Mar are getting a facelift as it moves toward a Mediterranean-esque landscape...and the beachcombers, surfers, boaters and diverse love it!

Here's what the citizens are enjoying:

5Bdy8Ve.png

Coast along the northern districts of the city...

uMJ9TgI.png

Marriott hotel overlooking the beach...

lrm857W.pngScuba divers off the coast of the southern district of the city...

What are they seeing? Here's a peak:

ZT5Fqim.jpg

41ro7EE.png

Surfers catching some waves along Talladega Beach...

Here are some shots of the action:

oNKerUS.jpg

8yy4GEZ.jpg

wvsCqsK.jpgL9zNHyY.png

Got that right!!! This surfer doesn't see what's coming for him!!!!

No problem though...

4EloElJ.jpg

This surfer is prepared!!

.jpg