The Story of Englewood
Today is a very special day for the modern Aurylian people. Deep inside an underground safe within the National Museum of Aurylian History in the capital city of Portsmouth, lies some very interesting documents.
Unknown by the CIA, for hundreds of years, the Aurylian government has been aware that alien life exists. Proof?
High resolution satellite images of the foundation of Englewood in 1787 have been kept away from the public since their discovery in 1801. Hundreds of images and documents written in plain English of the founding people, working, constructing, unknowingly living their lives while being spied upon by... something. The history of Aurylia is very clear thanks to a downed alien space craft inside Aurylian territory carrying these printed documents. (Apparently they had not discovered digital storage yet.)
On this day, those images will be shared with the world... While the story those images will tell, will be narrated from the first to the last.
Now without further adieu, let's get started.
We start in 1779, the English have recently lost the 13 colonies. Desperate to regain it's strength, the English look for new grounds to colonize. We see here the Shelby (top) and the Hazel (bottom) sailing in the ocean heading east.
So why are these images all old-looking you ask? Especially if taken by an advanced alien satellite? Well stick a piece of paper in a wooden box and leave it there for 250 years and there's you answer! hehe Anyways.
They stumble upon a very appealing chunk of land in the middle of the Atlantic.
The crews of both ships dock on the beach and begin exploring the land.
Both crews did not stay long, only a few weeks as winter was approaching. They return to the motherland to spread the news and wouldn't return until 1781, 2 years later.
Upon hearing the news, the ruler of England approves the plan to colonize the land... That land was voted to be called Aurylia!
England created a plan to continue to explore Aurylia and incorporate more cities wherever may be suitable. It was decided that the first Aurylian establishment be called Englewood. That's where the name was born.
After arriving to Englewood, Aurylia for the second time, construction immediately began. Small shacks were built to house families and workers.
A port was needed in order to import more supplies as the population of Englewood grew. More families were constantly being shipped in. People wanting to start new lives, people who were rebellious to the American colonies. Population doubled from about 150 settlers to about 300 in 1 year.
Workers hustled day and night to finish the port before winter struck in 1783.
Sadly, many died in the process due to work injuries.
That's all for today! But the story continues!
Stay tuned for more shortly! Thanks for viewing!