• Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A look into the Capital of Zwo's United States

Entries in this City Journal

Zwo

The Old City - Just a teaser

Hello everyone,

This is my first City Journal, and although I've been playing Sim City for a lot, this is actually the first city where I played with mods and BATs provided by Simtropolis and Sc4Devotion.

So, this is the city of Zvondon (no relation to London whatsoever, I just like naming cities after myself). It is the Capital of Zwo's United States and this pictures show the city's oldest part - the upper city. While old in its nature, many parts of it have been built and rebuilt through the centuries. Many of the old medieval buildings gave way to bigger, sturdier and more lavish buildings of the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries so this part (and the city in general) has a certain mish-mash of styles. Nevertheless, the old city spirit is very much alive in this part of the city. So let's begin...

The eastern gate is the main entrance to the upper city

Zvondon-Aug1.jpg

One of the bigger squares in the upper city is dominated by these medieval army barracks (one of the earliest structures in the city), as well as the church of St. Egidium. To the south, the internal part of the southern gates can be seen.

Zvondon-Dec1.jpg

Further west, the building that served as the city's first seat of power can be seen. It is said that it was located right next to the western walls so the city rulers could remain always vigilant and be promptly alerted about incoming invaders.

Zvondon-Jul.jpg

That is all for now, if you happen to like it, let me now and i'll continue with it and make a proper city journal (and a backstory too).

P.S.

The city is still developing and I'm still learning what mods there are and how to use them, so if you happen to have any suggestions or criticisms, you're more than welcome to share them.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0