• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Visit the booming nation of Mikenstein, in SimCity 4!

percent_0

Entries in this City Journal

_Michael

Some Winter Scenes

For the ST Winter Scene challenge, I was working on three images, and I just wanted to share them here. You'll see more of both the City of Niederbauen and the resort of Hörnli over the coming months, but in the meantime, I hope you enjoy these Christmas and Winter themed images. smiley.gif I really wanted to post more in the run up to Christmas but RL and school got in the way unfortunately. I hope I'll be able to post more in 2017. I'm especially sorry for the lack of entries since October.

----------------------------------------------{--------}----------------------------------------------

1. - The new resort of Hörnli.
Zkg53vP.jpg
2. - A brand new city of Niederbauen.
aWjjwDF.jpg
3. - Hoch-y-Brig revisited in a winter storm.
yesTXnw.jpg

Hope you enjoyed! grin.gif Have a great Christmas and a New Year!

----------------------------------------------{--------}----------------------------------------------

Replies for "Schwyz"

Spoiler

I visited CH in the summer, with Schwyz and the landscape there being one of the places I visited. It more of the natural landscapes that inspired the name. You'll see those later ;) Thanks for the comment @Akallan

Thanks @tankmank!

So glad you like it @Ln X:D 

@kschmidt Thanks or the comment and feedback!

Thank you @kingofsimcity

Thank you very much @rathefalcon

@juguesal, the canals are here, but this diagonal addon is also recommended. Thanks for the comment! :) 

Thanks for the comment @feyss, and I'll keep the tips in mind.

@TakingyouthereThanks for the comment. I might enter it into something... :P 

Thanks @sunda!

Really do love Switzerland - in case you couldn't tell ;). Glad you liked it @tariely!

Thanks @JP Schriefer!

Thank you very much @TekindusT.

Thank you very much for the praise @Schulmanator!

Thanks for the comment @slickbg56!

@Nexusfire Thanks for the comment, I'm working on a Winter resort, not a recreation of Innsbruck by any means, but it will be up for the AIN games. :) Hörnli is part of this resort. You'll see more in the run up to the games.

percent_0.png

_Michael

Dt42wgY.jpg

So welcome to a new town of "Schwyz". There is loads to explore, both urban and rural, so expect a busy few entries. The first is in the Old Town. Enjoy! :) 

l0NLKYl.jpg

7NTRvWY.jpg

vuL9MTN.jpg

gKjeXQp.jpg

YhAfdta.jpg

LZJ4PeF.jpg

LLxqnhm.jpg

LM80WTF.jpg

x8a7M06.jpg

HsUpL7O.jpg

8xKFQLw.jpg

OdcWw51.jpg

1MQMMTf.jpg

E22yGIt.jpg

M4NzwOp.jpg

WpScDiJ.jpg

ksVlrr4.jpg

kPw1kXl.jpg

W8ARIJU.jpg

Spoiler

@ThemistoklesThank you very much for the comment. :) 

Thank you for the comment @kschmidt!

Thanks @Ln X:D 

Thanks for the comment @raynev1:D 

Oh @Cyclone Boom, have you read my mind? ;) 

Thank you very much @feyss:D 

Thanks for the comment @tariely. Sorry to disappoint but they aren't MMPs. They are in fact Pedals. Found below. The tables are actually Maxis props I believe. :)

@Dreadnought Thanks for the comment and the note about the stairs - I'll fix those! :) 

Thanks for the comment @vinlabsc3k, but I already use RUM, I'm not sure what else you think it could add. Also, there is a hill that impeded your proposed route for the tram (It is out of the image) The area is also well served by bus. Thanks for the idea though! :) 

It is a fantastic BAT! Thanks for the comment @Akallan!

@Takingyouthere Thanks for the comment. Glad you're back and feeling better! :) 

percent_0.jpg

The City of Schwyz is dedicated to John Winterton, A Nonny Moose. Rest in Peace, dear friend.

_Michael

Hoch-y-Brig

Welcome back,

I have been busy working on a small town, which was inspired by my recent visit to Switzerland and elements were inspired by the work of @Themistokles.  There are some huge mosaics, so be sure to view it in full resolution. I tried to focus less on functionality, and more on looks, so used loads of Pedmalls and other fillers. I hope you enjoy it! :)

Replies for "Wolfskreut Mosaics"

Spoiler

Thanks for the comment @jmsepe:) 

Thank you @Ln X:) 

Thank you @raynev1!

@RandyETotaly agree about the terrain mod, thanks for the comment! 

@tarielyI think it was intentional! :???::D Thanks for the comment. 

Thanks for the comment @CMinVA!

Thanks for the ideas and the comment @kschmidt

Thank you for the compliment @hotChocolate!

Think you might be right! :D Thanks for the comment @kingofsimcity!

Thank you very much for the comment and the info @Fantozzi, I'll check that link out! 

@Hafiz173 It's a custom mod that I made myself. :) 

Thanks for the comment @Artimus:) 

Thanks @sunda

Thank you very much @InvaderNat. I tried to focus on expanding my diagonal skills in this city, so I'm glad you think I did them well! :) 

@TekindusTThanks for the comment; they are such good lots, I could keep but using them; a lot of them! :D 

:D @Akallan Thanks!

EcuYoHn.jpg

LVX9Nkh.jpg

fdffSUM.jpg

FtrP0q4.jpg

OVYQCpI.jpg

ZHgvpY3.jpg

8hmdqGB.jpg

u02APmD.jpg

JCRAD7f.jpg

xH9bcmf.jpg

FNCoWJo.jpg

eKhdP6x.jpg

Hope you enjoyed. Feel free to leave comments and feedback, and "like" if you enjoyed! 

See you next time. :D 

percent_0.jpg

_Michael

Wolfskreut (Mosaics)

Hi,

I'm away for two weeks from tomorrow and wanted to post something to cover that time way. So I had a look round at the parts of Wolfskreut that I have just finished and thought these two mosaics might be quite good. The first is goes past the main train yard, anindustrial area and then onto farms and a country park. The second features one of the most open areas in the city centre - great in summer, but today we visit it in winter.

Since Gobias' terrain mods have been made available again, I've been busy changing from Meadowshire to the fantastic Bernese Oberland. This involved changing my override scripts which keep everything consistent; more work than you think - I think it's worth it though. What do you think?

I must credit @Ln X for inspiring me in the MMP work; his CJ helped a great deal in providing ideas!

Hope you enjoy!

Replies for "Kammersburg"

Spoiler

@matias93Thank you ever so much for the lovely compliment! 

Hi @kschmidt. I actually already use that mod, but a conflict with it and my own sidewalk texture and other sidewalk additions (Such as trees) cause it to not always be displayed properly. Thanks for the comment, however!

Thank you for the compliment @MushyMushy!

@tarielyI'm glad your ok about the contrast, I was a little worried I'd overdone it a bit. 

Thank you very much @korver:D 

@jmsepe , thanks for the comment. I've been working hard to improve the automatic prevalence, and have been trying a variety of things to fix it, including changing the NAM Traffic simulator, however, this city was mainly plopped, due to the tight diagonals etc, so there are less residents, therefore less automata. I've been trying my best to fix it, although sometimes the game doesn't like to co-operate!

@takemethere Thanks for the comment. I actually, despite the lack of canals, took some inspiration from Venice, with small secluded plazas, between buildings, accessed only by arches in other buildings. Glad you liked it! :) 

@Akallan, thanks for the ideas. I guess realism is somewhat subjective, and based on what you have seen. I have looked at the tram terminus you have linked to and actually think that a 'terminating in road' is much less realistic for a European city. Trams often terminate in large plazas from what I've seen and I've actually never seen a straight road stop in a European city. I've only seen loops on plazas or other places, but not a dead terminus on a road. I'm sure they exist in some situations, but I'm confident that they are not preferred in Europe. 

I'm not sure exactly what you are specifically referring to in image 9, although I will say, that that W2W fronts never need to be flush. Different positions of fronts adds character and personality to the street, because remember, few European cities were 'planned' like many US/new cities. They tend to be very organic, and buildings built across different historical periods will be different distances from the street. 

And for the cul-de-sac, that was originally a road that went into the avenue, but I decided to stop it short, and replace it with a small pedestrian area. I guess I could have pulled it back further, thanks for the idea.

@citycowboyThanks for the comment, I'm not sure exactly what building you mean, so I've linked the two most likely ones:

@vortextThanks for the compliment! I might add that heath warning! :D 

Thanks for the comment @lesgaz:D 

@Linoa06Thanks for the comment; I explained the lack of automata to Jmsepe one the first page, but will also put it here. Basically " I've been working hard to improve the automatic prevalence, and have been trying a variety of things to fix it, including changing the NAM Traffic simulator, however, this city was mainly plopped, due to the tight diagonals etc, so there are less residents, therefore less automata. I've been trying my best to fix it, although sometimes the game doesn't like to co-operate!" :) 

Thanks for the comment @AESLT!

Thanks for the comment and suggestion @Fantozzi:) 

Thanks for the comment @sunda.

JpQoSOd.jpg

rH6tNDw.jpg

Hope you enjoyed! Please leave feedback and so forth in the comments!

percent_0.png

_Michael

Kammersburg

UPDATE: I am currently experiencing some issues with Imgur.com. I'm not sure if this issue is specific to my network, my ISP or a wider issue. If the images don't load, do not fear, the links are valid and I'm sure they'll be visible to you shortly.

I'm still working on Wolfskreut and have some interesting things to show you, but unfortunately they're not quite ready. In the mean time, I re-discovered a city I had been working on a few months ago, and thought I would show you. I made some changes since I rediscovered it, and thought it was worth showing. Here is Kammersburg.

Hope you enjoy it!

Replies for "Wolfskreut (CBD and some More images)"

Spoiler

Thanks @v701 for the comment! :) 

Thanks for the comment @BugeyedDragon!

Opps! @gviper666. I've noticed, I'll have to re-plop. It's sometimes hard to keep track of all of these little things in such a large city!

@kschmidt, Thanks for the comment! :) 

Thanks for the comment @kingofsimcity:) 

Thanks for the comment @matias93! I've been perfecting the use of levels over about 5 different cities, it is hard to get right! I haven't got round to adding in a river boat system, but thank for the idea! RE: the sidewalk, it is a custom texture. :) 

Thanks for the comment @Ng_pillow:) 

Thanks for the comment @coolwiththecool2:) 

Thanks for the comment,@matias93answered your question. 

Thanks for the comment @sonofsim

Thanks for the tip, @vinlabsc3k. I did not know that! And thanks for the comment! :) 

@Irishmuse I would hate for anyone to quit! Thanks for the compliment and comment though! :) 

@takemethereThank you very much for the comment! I assume this is building you mean? http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3058

@Lord Branham Thanks for the comment!

I3G8sn8.jpg

gSQgZAQ.jpg

2bKu55x.jpg

AwbShQt.jpg

zoLpzOs.jpg

t8HPNDr.jpg

2IbtoV9.jpg

K4QVOT6.jpg

hoYqTXo.jpg

SZRb9l8.jpg

liegv68.jpg

NHO2xf8.jpg

i9WnfL2.jpg

MRnNEyN.jpg

tQkb9Pt.jpg

zZI0FFG.jpg

GnNX2P6.jpg

jmWYqYz.jpg

Hope you enjoyed! Please leave feedback in the comments! Thanks for reading. :) 

percent_0.png

_Michael

Well, thanks for all the feedback on the first entry of Wolfskreut. I have changed things up a bit since then, modifying my NAM controller, so more automata should appear. Since quite a lot of the city is plopped, not as much appears as I'd like, so I'm still tweaking settings; let me know what you think.

I also change the embankments in the centre, to make them more pedestrian friendly, and finally, this entry is in spring, rather than autumn! (green trees!)

Hope you all enjoy!

Replies for "Wolfskreut (Historic Centre)"

Spoiler

Thanks @gviper. Do you mind pointing out the image number, so I can investigate and fix. Thanks! :) 

Thanks for the comment @nos.17:) I tried, this entry, to get a much higher automata level in the pictures, but my 500k population just didn't want it. How would you recommend increasing the level of automata? 

@sunda, do you mind writing in English please, since this is an English site. But with the help of Google Translate, thanks for the comment! :) 

Thanks very much for the comment @korver:) 

@tariely The pavement is custom. I designed it based on pavements in London and other European cities. I assume these are the buildings you are asking about:? RE the automata: I loaded up the Traffic Simulation Controller and modified the capacities and Mass Transit usage. I opened the game, and it was full of automata! Thanks for the pointer. :) 

Thanks for the comment @kschmidt! And thank for the feedback. :) 

@BugeyedDragon , thanks :) 

Thanks for the comment @takemethere! I see that in no. 12, ops. The park is actually the front of the following buildings, but I'm sure it could be re-lotted to just contain the park. http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3124.

The parking set is here, and yes, I do quite like it. ;) 

@vortext, I usually always play with the shadows on, so I assumed they were on this time, but clearly not! Thanks for pointing it out. I'll double check there on now. And thanks for the other comments. :) 

Thanks for the comment @rockslag:) 

Thanks @tankmank!

jSBb2g3.jpg

eyhh5TS.jpg

TuQ8taH.jpg

qV3LS3f.jpg

yEb0dNy.jpg

OhxMF3G.jpg

NnxdkNF.jpg

GhFmalo.jpg

Rp410hQ.jpg

hVMrNOA.jpg

qM6Uzjf.jpg

KscHzLI.jpg

wMY3OOe.jpg

xKkAz8R.jpg

i5QllUb.jpg

GZlQu3K.jpg

f7Eaohc.jpg

M1v6tSl.jpg

6h7abr9.jpg

1cEqBYL.jpg

Bpy9Slk.jpg

VcM9p0a.jpg

MUNGtb0.jpg

fqSzYRr.jpg

yaRgZtb.jpg

flYnkoe.jpg

ioZMfGk.jpg

1WVTXLG.jpg

zgb8FhO.jpg

Hope you enjoyed! Please leave feedback in the comments, if you have any! Thaks for reading.

percent_0.png

_Michael

Once I posted the first instalment of Bassenheim, back in March, I'd actually already finished the city, and was working on the next one.

It's still nowhere near finished, but the centre is more or less complete.

There will likely be lots of entries for the new city, but to start with, we have the historic centre and a brief overview of the CBD.

(As wells as some night-shots and some mosaics. ;)

Hope you enjoy!

Replies for "Bassenheim (Part 3)"

Thanks @Ln X!

Thanks @tariely. I've been working on improving my MMP skills recently.

Thanks for the comment @gviper!

Thanks. I've been trying to improve my MMP skills, @takemethere

Thanks @feyss:) 

@kschmidtThe fillers are either custom or just the NAM pedmalls, and the parking is here: Thanks! :)

@sundaThanks :) 

rmBnWUE.jpg

BXkH4JY.jpg

8ykosaD.jpg

OTFJHGG.jpg

a06danx.jpg

WBqrReO.jpg

SHLkyWN.jpg

RCpL2fO.jpg

5UhcwoB.jpg

FAz7ogE.jpg

DSGpM2D.jpg

2jVyZeE.jpg

qUjX2TO.jpg

QvHRdPZ.jpg

bN5sj9u.jpg

30upMkq.jpg

PzF13uu.jpg

PZNk9AI.jpg

KFBbBku.jpg

AJq0s8z.jpg

W2JtnHh.jpg

kS3hahH.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this first entry. Hope you look forward to the next entry of Wolfskreut! :)

.png

If you enjoyed, please remember to comment, and if there is any feedback on Wolkskreut that you have, please let me know, so that I can improve!

Thanks

Hope you all enjoyed! :) 

_Michael

Hi again,

This is a small village outside of Bassenheim. I haven't though of a name, but I'll show it to you anyway.

Replies for "Bassenheim (Part 2)"

@MissVanleiderThat interchange is part of Project Symphony, and a NAM default. Glad you liked it! :) 

@Ln XThanks for the comment! :)

@raynev1Apologies for that confusing, glad you liked this entry! :0

Thanks for the comment @jmsepe:) 

Thanks for the comment @kschmidt! I'll have a look into those landmarks!

Great idea for the MMP @tariely! I'll have a go at that. I don't know about the RRW stuff, you should probably ask @Tarkus. Thanks for the comment! :) 

Thanks for the comment @MilitantRadical:)

Thank you for the comment @gviper:) 

Opps! I've just seen that @kingofsimcity! Sorry about that and thanks for the comment! :) 

Thanks for the comment @korver! I tend to just put down building that look right, rather than just those that are geographically correct. :) 

Thanks @sunda:) 

JDugd0Y.jpg

WzDtGH4.jpg

cTSlI8d.jpg

iQV7znH.jpg

GUD5RmX.jpg

aIELZ9S.jpg

mqaoqo0.jpg

0hvdaFM.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this! See you soon! :) 

.png

_Michael

Bassenheim (Part 2)

Hi,

So I've been working on some new cities, and have been meaning to share some more pictures of Bassenheim, so here they are! (No mosaics this time, sorry!)

Replies for "Bassenheim":

@Ln XSorry! That was an earlier version of image 13 (old 14) and was uploaded in error, I've corrected that now! Thanks for the complement about the sidewalk, it's custom and took me ages to get right!; @Ln XI'll consider uploading the sidewalk. ;)

@tarielyI didn't think i could compete with the MMP queen! Thanks for the comments and suggestions! ;)

@kelistmac Thanks for your comment! Your buildings do look great! :) 

@gviperThanks for the comment!

@kschmidtI tried to add some parks to break it up, I might add some more now! Thanks for the comment!

@philforhockey51I like that new acronym! Thanks for the comment! :) 

@MilitantRadicalThanks for the highest complement! :) 

@raynev1Thanks for the comment! Can I ask, what specifically is confusing about the rail textures? :) ; @raynev1Picture 19 has rural GLR and heavy rail. :) 

@kingofsimcityThanks for the comment! :) 

Thanks for the comment @f3cs:) 

Thanks @Bastet69008:) 

@Abrams124Even with a high level persistent automata plugins, cars can be hard to come across! Thanks for the comment! :) 

Thanks for the lovely comment @antsel

@kaka2Thanks for the comment!

p8URmzG.jpg

TssYZjH.jpg

Nv8N4FG.jpg

mFHMX9a.jpg

8adlL0T.jpg

h462CzS.jpg

Ydmt4GK.jpg

ybqgedb.jpg

TzbtYFG.jpg

Y5Zi68B.jpg

P09SGfr.jpg

aKfT830.jpg

swKM3lJ.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this! See you soon! :) 

.png

_Michael

Bassenheim

Hi,

So a couple of weeks ago, I finished the main part of a new city, Bassenheim. I tweaked the city a bit, edited images and am now ready to present to you, the city of Bassenheim.

Hope you enjoy! ;) 

Replies for "Niesen":

Thanks @gviper! I understand the comment about the rocks!

Thanks for the comment @MissVanleider:)

Thanks for the praise @Ln X:)

Thank you for all the comments @LexusInfernus:) 

I do try to improve the world! :D Thanks for the comment @Dreadnought

Thanks for understanding @takemethere. And thanks for all of the comments! :) 

Thanks for the comment @kschmidt! The RHW and Rail make such wide curves in order to stay smooth, as the terrain is quite steep. There is one station, but as the rail is much higher up due to the cliff, than the other parts of the village, as second station was not practical. As for RHW access, there is a interchange that can be accessed by juts going about 200m into an adjacent tile. :) 

Thanks for the comment @kelistmac! I've nearly finished on the content for the next entry! I think you'll enjoy it! :) 

AASg8wF.jpg

yKYsp9k.jpg

gFABKXi.jpg

JgrJfF3.jpg

MmN7yHO.jpg

uxEDiFc.jpg

IXphxCq.jpg

dgaqtis.jpg

vJzRBCQ.jpg

lX30ZXX.jpg

KjDPrgy.jpg

gYygmMo.jpg

TtNph4y.jpg

FzuQDg3.jpg

6k2TLDg.jpg

zBhv4eq.jpg

HLPRzqy.jpg

NpFGRLp.jpg

UQFXWXN.jpg

lpDG7y7.jpg

.png

Hope you enjoyed the entry! :) 

_Michael

Niesen

Hi again,

Sorry for the long absence, but I've been working on several cities, with nothing quite ready to show you until now.

But first replies for the two entries on Glambeck.

Glambeck Part 1:

Spoiler

Thanks for the praise @kschmidt!

Thanks for the comment @LexusInfernus. I take your comment about the trees. Most of them are on the edge of roadside parking lots, and I feel this is quite realistic of serval     European cities. However, I understand some areas are perhaps a little too green! :) 

Thanks for the praise @dabadon5! And trust me you will be seeing more! ;) 

Thanks for the comment @feyss. I thought that streets looked a little dead when I was editing the pictures, but couldn't find a way to make them busier. The tram textures were changed by a mod from MGB204. It's quite complex, but changes all Nam textures and is customisable for your terrain, sidewalk and dirt textures. Here is the link. http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=16938.msg495250;topicseen#new Hope this helps! :) 

Thanks for the comment @Ln X.That building is "La Samaritain" from Paris, and can be found here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2747.

Thanks for the comment @tariely! The castle is on a hill. You might just be able to see the retaining walls behind the trees. As for the river, the map had curves like that, and I wanted to keep it like that, even with the walls. And for the columns, I just like them. ;) 

Thanks @sejr99999! I can assure you, many hours were spent in this city. ;) 

I'm glad that you've found stuff to steal which inspires you, @MissVanleider:) 

Thanks for the comment @BugeyedDragon! The level tool is my best friend! ;) 

Glambeck Part 2:

Spoiler

Thanks for the comment @raynev1:D

Thanks for the comment @GoKingsGo:D

Sorry about that @Ln X! But thanks for the praise! :) 

Thanks for the comment @gviper:) 

Thanks for the comment @takemethere! All of the diagonal buildings are plopped, most of the orthogonal building are grow, but if one doesn't grow how I want it, I will plop instead. I'd say its around 50/50 in all! :) In all, I was working on the city from beginning of September to mid-December. A lot of hours!

Thanks for the comment @feyss:D I realised about the level, and learned to raise the city first. This is evident in the cities I'm working on at the moment. Thanks again! :)

Thanks for the comment @slickbg56!  

Thanks for the praise @MilitantRadical:) 

Thanks for the comment @kingofsimcity:) 

Thanks @rbro125! A lot of time went into considering the placement, so I'm glad you like it! :) 

Thanks for the comment @lucasfg3!

:party: Thanks @Benedict!

Thanks for the comment @jeagtesa.There is no one place where I get all of the buildings from. Some can be found here on ST, others on the LEX, some on Simcitypolska and others on Simcitykurier. You just have to look around and see what you want. Once you have loads of different buildings installed, (You'll probably need hundreds to prevent unnecessary duplication) I recommend you instal this mod, which will block all of the default buildings for a specific category, (R$, R$$, R$$$, CS$, CS$$, CS$$$, CO$$, CO$$$, I-D, I-A, I-M, I-HT). 

Hope this helps! Good luck.

And now to the small village of Niesen, split over three parts, and nestled in a valley, surrounded by mountains. Hope you enjoy! :) 

UFk0knW.jpg

UC0Of7E.jpg

P7rG4kv.jpg

jQd8suZ.jpg

jeeJc11.jpg

bSWtev9.jpg

iOG0E2W.jpg

zX3nuWF.jpg

Hope you enjoyed! :) 

.png

_Michael

Glambeck (Part 2)

The City of Glambeck, that I showed to you last entry (http://community.simtropolis.com/journals/entry/26622-glambeck-part-1/), also features an Island ;). Hence, I edited some pictures to show you "Glambeck Insel"! I also realised I didn't have any night shots in the last entry, so I'm doing that today. Hope you enjoy it all! :) 

TbA6GUS.jpg

Lhu0R0B.jpg

vLkobUG.jpg

coJspOf.jpg

pQbvlAu.jpg

nTbXIqt.jpg

d04A84X.jpg

YD65fxa.jpg

0QvlUFj.jpg

KcoQHea.jpg

opTAfVZ.jpg

HkNtF9h.jpg

7HW8Zc8.jpg

5tJQf9O.jpg

Ze8SITo.jpg

EdxWNoO.jpg

0y9ykXi.jpg

ICVRHvO.jpg

C1QDIOU.jpg

Z161UuY.jpg

JJbFmNb.jpg

n8C2ewa.jpg

V9gd2Gr.jpg

Hope you enjoyed it! :) 

.png

_Michael

Glambeck (Part 1)

After many months work, and several teasers, I present to you, the city of Glambeck. I took so many screenshots, that I'm going split this into 3 parts. (I took nearly 150!) Hope you like the city! Any feedback, as always, is appreciated.

sEcCEZW.jpg

pQnatK3.jpg

asuzUzr.jpg

jacSg7p.jpg

CrYoAIi.jpg

NtMwMDZ.jpg

0uzIgJH.jpg

KGyPJ2m.jpg

DfPcKPD.jpg

dWXklxW.jpg

LvcIHsD.jpg

fueFUPR.jpg

ObrCf8V.jpg

xAaoGxa.jpg

sjecqGW.jpg

P9MBJyg.jpg

jeRYnLP.jpg

liNIDxP.jpg

CevNnps.jpg

mpoU7nD.jpg

4KyRO14.jpg

wHemjdu.jpg

KLJowGI.jpg

8mMvksb.jpg

lLt3cqo.jpg

8s2DXN6.jpg

2uQ74Fw.jpg

u5xrNWD.jpg

Thanks so much for reading! ope you enjoyed Glambeck. More to come!

.png

_Michael

SimCity 4: Teaser 5

Firstly, I'm really sorry.

I've been trying really hard to get a full city entry up by this week, but family events and school got in the way. I didn't want to rush the city, and wanted the highest quality for you guys.

I've posted this image in the "Show Us What You're Working On" thread, but didn't want to leave the CJ empty. 

I don't know when the city will be finished, hopefully soon, but as I said, I don't want to rush.

Enough waffle though, here is that one image.

IxOpRnM.jpeg

Sorry for no full entry, but it will be up next. ;) 

.png

_Michael

I realised that I hadn't done replies in an entry for ages, so I thought that I do it now.

A Scrapbook Entry No3

Thanks for your comments @GoKingsGo! :)

Thanks for the comments @Kim Sunwoo! I use Inkscape. It's free and you can get it here: https://inkscape.org/en/download/

Thanks @Ultimate. They are 1920x1080 images. The server should be fine. Is it your internet connection?

Thanks for the comment @PhatHead!

Thanks @Tonraq!

Thanks for your comment @IL.. I don't understand what you mean my "Pointed images". If you let me know what they are, then I'll try and tel you how I avoided them! Thanks!

A New Project

Thanks for the ideas @tariely

Building Mikenstein in Skylines: 1. Highways

Thanks for the comment @Mrsmartman. I just though it looked quite cool when I was building it. :)

Thanks for the comment @takemethere. I thought so too! :)

Thanks for the comment @Liszak! I agree, the last pictures look very European! :P

Thanks for the awesome comment @Linoa06! :) 

Building Mikenstein in Skylines: 2. Airport

Thanks @amazona! I had a entry on a SimCity 4 airport in this journal, but I'm glad you liked this one! 

Thanks @Linoa06. I plan to redo the entry and carpark at the airport, and populate it with that, so more change is to come!

The Terminals are by BaskB on Steam, and then runways and taxiways are made dragable by a mod called "Airport Roads". That's also avalilbe on Steam. Hope this helps and thanks for the comment. @kegocandy:) 

Thanks for the comment @Titanicbuff. I can assure you you'll love the game!

Building Mikenstein in Skylines: 3. University

Distinctivness is good, isn't it? :yes: Thanks for the comment Kim!

Thanks for the comment @TitanicBuff

Building Mikenstein in Skylines: 4. Old Town

Thanks for the comment @Kim Sunwoo. I it just think about getting rid of that disclaimer in future. :thumb:

Thanks for the comment @TekindusT! Glad you liked the simple money maker! Thanks for the comment 

@Ln X. The station is all new, and I guess I can bulldoze everything now? ;)

Building Mikenstein in Skylines: 5. Public Transit

Thanks for the comment @LnX

Thanks for the comment @city89!

Thanks for the comment @Linoa06! I never thought about it that way, but now that you mention that, it is so very true!

Thank you very much for your comment @Kim Sunwoo!

Thanks for the comment @PhatHead

Building Mikenstein in Skylines: 6. Parks and Shops

Thanks for the comment @TitanicBuff. Looking forward to seeing it. 

Thank you for the comment @Mascalzone

Thanks for the comment @slickbg56.

Building Mikenstein in Skylines: 7. Industry

Thanks for the comment @kschmidt.  

Thanks for the comment @Ln X. I'm glad you like the roundabout; it took ages to get right! 

Did someone mention a SC4 return?

Thanks @pinkindustry! I'm glad that you're glad! ;)

Thanks for the comment @pioneer1011! Suggestion taken and it will be rectified! ;)

Indeed! Thanks for the comment @varrick!

Quite possibly! Thanks for the comment @Pax00!

Well, I didn't create the plugins, but with about 10-20 collections of plugins from a few sites, you can create great-looking airports like the one I designed. Is there anything you're specifically interested in? Thanks for the comment anyway @ThaunLy!

SimCity 4: Teaser 2

Thanks for the comment @tariely! Glad you like it! :) 

Thanks for the comment @gviper! I'll have a go at blending them in a bit more. If not I'll get rid of them. :)

Thanks for the comment @kschmidt! I can't wait for the full release either!

Thank you for the the comment @Ln X:) 

Thank you for the comment @Prophet42:)

Thanks for the comment @takemethere. I'm looking forward to building more of it. ;)

SimCity 4: Teaser 3

Thanks for the comment @kschmidt:)

Thanks for the comment @SC4B! :) 

Thanks for the comment @PhatHead:)

@MattHecker:  Thanks for your comment! Do you mind being a little more specific, just there are a lot of different buildings! 

Ok, that's this building:

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/29691-state-library-of-victoria-melbourne-australia/

Check out Reddonquixote's other work, he has done some really good BATs in the past. 

Thanks again for you're comment. ;)

SimCity 4: Teaser 4

Thanks for the comment @dabadon5;) 

Thanks for the comment @tariely;)

Thanks for the comment and feedback @kschmidt;)

Thanks for the positive comments @PhatHead;) 

Thanks for the comment @Mymyjp! And welcome back ;)

Thanks for the comment @El Argentino. The highway is empty as I haven't connected it yet! :) 

I apologise that there is no proper content, but this needed to be done, and I've been very busy building what will be shown next, and finished the things I've already teased.

Stay Tuned!

Michael

.png 

_Michael

SimCity 4: Teaser 4

I'm going a bit mosaic mad, but this interchange took me days to get right, so I thought it deserved two mosaics! ( ;) )

Hope you like it!

(BTW: I know that one of the RHW4 was not overridden when I took the mosaics, but that's fixed now!)

f3ohyA5.jpeg

e9zSdQt.jpeg

Thanks for looking!

.png

_Michael

SimCity 4: Teaser 3

Hello Guys,

So this week, I've just been continuing to add more to the city, and so, for your enjoyment, I present to you, the very first mosaic in this CJ! (You might have to click on it for the full size!) The city is by no means finished, but it's getting there!

Hope you enjoy! :D

bEH1NgD.jpeg

.png

_Michael

SimCity 4: Teaser 2

To keep the #HypeTrain rolling (or the #HypePlane flying ;) ) I'm going to show you too images from the capital of the new region. It's south of the airport I showed you a fortnight ago. Enjoy the images.

jaiApKV.jpg

CHZn8T4.jpeg

BTW, I expect a full city tour to be in about a month. I'll continue to provide small updates like this until a larger one is ready! ;)

.png

_Michael

Well guys, since April, the CJ has been solely focused on CSL, due to technical issues with getting SimCity 4 to run. I am now delighted to announce, after 5 months, SimCity 4 will again become the primary content in the CJ. I'm extremely excited, and I hope you guys are too. To get the #hypetrain rolling, here is one, just one teaser shot.

Screen_Shot_2015-09-06_at_09.40.17.thumb

.png

_Michael

DISCLAIMER: Nothing here is final. Anything is subject to change.

So far, the city has generic and forestry industry, as well as commercial agriculture.

Here is the forestry, south of the city.

KMmHVJP.png

lbRWZ8M.png

HRwDyXf.png

And here is the commercial agriculture, located in the plains to the North.

oATJSz8.png

mHtOLSb.png

lBGq73z.png

And here is generic industry, directly south of the city, with its own highway system.

MaTLcd4.png

RoOzYBG.png

Wq4NnFF.png

And that concludes the first section of 'Building Mikenstein'. I hope you have enjoyed it, and I will be back hopefully next week with the first update in the second section. 

Hope you have enjoyed this entry and the first section of 'Building Mikenstein'.

.png

_Michael

The Cathedral is surrounded by a park, filled with trees and paths.

ezL6svz.png

d7CdNYk.png

TnYDrxl.png

A small park is situated between the Old Town and Office District.

uXtz5Ds.png

There is a larger park near to the Bus Complex.

gRXW3TY.png

j59pfH3.png

YEYVtMT.png

There are plenty of shops, including the main department store.

wptFUTi.png

AISeSX0.png

CCIRDw8.png

NSb4myS.png

Hope you enjoyed this entry! Thanks for reading!

.png

_Michael

As we saw last entry, Old Town has a large Bus Station.

16dkwWi.png

But New Town has a larger complex.

5ce8CMD.png

It also features the bus depots that serve the city.

KmKJadf.png

There are over 200 buses that operate in the city.

tz72rgu.png

vUebkS6.png

RcF1OKC.png

ly3HTGo.png

KgXeCSK.png

The buses also serve the industrial districts.

MgIjRfK.png

YviJrqN.png

Trains also serve the industrial areas, as well as the city.TAsJJhV.png

A6iADWj.png

sS394Sz.png

The city also has a metro network.

IbbmNQr.png

e247wIh.png

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed this entry!

.png

_Michael

Although most of the city features the same architecture, there is a distinct Old Town that features Governmental Buildings, the Cathedral and Main Station. 

BzbRKO4.png

The City Hall, Opera House and Cathedral are set in the Central Square.

hp0TiHB.png

CQlDB9g.png

GrZRJdO.png

F87OySP.png

The Main Station, with its Bus Station connects the city with the surrounding settlements.

8oLWmJB.png

q3lWdjQ.png

uS5QiNZ.png

The Old Town has many commercial buildings for the tourists.

5knqMQY.png

kqZKoOl.png

Hope you enjoyed this entry!

.png