Hello! Today is the 29th of September. There have passed many days since that momentous day, and the lives of local residents have long been returned to normal. All they are working, go to the theater, to restaurants, to shoping at supermarkets. In three words - they are living. And they live a life much the same as before.
But not for the authorities. After independence, the money stopped coming out of the capital - the Cenin, because now their capital - is the Viszni Berag. In the dependent times, Dzingalia was a relatively backward republic, among other republics of Latagnia. Agricultural lands were located in the most southern territory of the present Dzingalia. That the reaped from those fields after independence, was not enough to feed properly even the capital. But need to feed properly the whole country. Dzingalia requested a loan from the League of Developing States to buy enough grain not only to feed the country but in the next spring to plant anything what remained. All that can help the Kisztow for Dzingalia - is a Machine-Building Plant, which produces trams. Those trams can be sold to another cities abroad. Of course, throughout the Dzingalia there are enough factories to earn money to normaly survive in the winter, but this money is not enough to enable the country to develop. It was decided that taxes will not be raised, but all the products went up by 5%, which was not very good impact on the mood of the population. Two days ago, the Kisztow's tranportwas was sold for 23000000 dollars (or 15 million Ztat, by local money). This are shuttle trains, trams, buses, rails, stops, the contact network.
All that state can is only produce, sell manufactured abroad and wait for spring, when country can start to develop agriculture. By Latagnia, Dzingalia was lagged behind in development for 10 years, and the events of recent days are suggesting that Dzingalia will fall behind for another one or two years from the developed world.
And all that I can do, while the country lagged behind in development, is to show the sights of Kisztow. So, welcome!
Here is Oldcity square (Staraměscká placa) where is located a small market, where residents or small businesses can sell what they had grown in their gardens. The market appeared almost immediately after Dzingalia became independent, and it's the same - 1983. Earlier in this place was nothing, just an area paved by cobblestone, the same as around the market. To the south you can see the old town hall, which now functions as a church. Until the 1578 there sat the Senior Pope. Functions of the Senior Pope were almost the same as that of the Mayor of the city after 1578. In 1578 there was a Church Revolution, when the indignant masses throughout Latagnia overthrew the King and all the church leaders, who ruled the lands of the country (cities, regions, villages). It was declared that the from this day only those could manage the lands of this country, who have nothing with religion. Now a small part of this building is a museum "Old Town Hall" ("Stará Ratuša"). The Middle Town Hall ("Siarědniá Ratuša") is located near the church, to the east of the square, and you can see it. This Middle Town Hall served from 1578 to 1752. In 1752 it was decided that this building is not enough and decided to create a New Town Hall (about which will be discussed later), make it placed away from all churches and a new square for this New Town Hall. Now in the Middle Town Hall is located the Main Historical Museum of the city. Near is a tram station "Staraměscká placa" of 5 and 6 lines.
Here you can see the Oldcity (Starý Grad). Unfortunately, there are some buildings that have not survived to the present day, and in their place were built new ones, such as the building of hospital, school, office building with an observation deck. The oldest building in this place was built in 1273 and it is, of cource, the Church, or the "Old Town Hall". Most new building - is in 1982, this is an office building.
Here you can see the Old Water Tower ("Stará vadaciagová věža"). This building was builded in 1685.
Finally, here you can see the building of the New Town Hall ("Nová ratuša"), which is located 250 meters from the Middle Town Hall. This building had been built from 1752 to 1754 and still performs its function. However, apart from the mayor's office, the 40% of this building occupies the Government of the Eastern Dzingalia.
Shortly about that. Dzingalia is divided into two main parts: Western and Eastern. So, the capital of Western Dzingalia is Viszni Berag (and this city is a capital of whole Dzingalia), and Eastern is Kisztow. Also, Dzingalia is divided into regions ("Ziemi"), but speech is not quite about that.
Here is a New Water Tower (Nová Vadaciagová věža). Built in 1755.
In the center of this picture is a Suburb Park. It was built in 1798 on the orders of Alexandr Kauniszkiu, a former mayor of the city. He ruled the city from 1796 to 1815. There is a fact that differs him from all the other mayors, that he loved nature more than others, so his goal was to make the city the most "green" in Dzingalia.
Here you can see a unique park designed in the form of a ring that encircles the Old City. Its name - Round Park ("Kruglový park"). It is also a merit of Alexandr Kauniszkiu. Although the creating has just begun only from 1799, and it was built right up to 1811.
And this is Prince's Palace (Kniažeskí Dvorěc) with the Grand Princely Park (Boljšý Kniažeskí Park). The palace was built in 1817 and was the residence of the prince - Adri Klianiszka, who loved to visit this city and to walk, both in Round Park, and the Grand Princely Park. Behind the palace is the forest and field, where the prince loved to hunt and, just, ride a horse.
Here is a Kisztow Philarmonia. Was built in 1819.
Here in the center is the building trade exchange. Built in 1835. Now is the largest shopping mall in the city with boutiques, restaurants and other shopping pavilions.
This is a Central Railway Station. Was third in Latagnia. Built in 1857.
This is a Western coal power station. It was built in 1884. It works today.
And this one is a North coal power station. Was built in 1885. It works today too.
This is the pride of the city. To the left of the center of the image is a Museum of Tram Transport of Kisztow. It was the first depot in the city, which served horsecar, then trams. It was built in 1901. Since this year began the development of the tram as a transport in the city. On the right is a new depot, which was built in 1936. Currently the city has 11 lines of transport, 4 depots, 112 stations, one museum.
First park has these cars:
then, after electrification of this transport, this:
then such as here:
And finally a year ago, these cars were produced by local tram manufacture:
This is a Television Tower of the city with the management buildings near. It is located in the north-west of the city, in an area called Makonaupila. Built in 1975. The first houses were built in the area Makonaupila since 1952. Near the TV Tower is located a concert stage, where are taking place rock-festivals and other musical events or writers evenings.
That's a bigest square of this city of squares. It's Lenina Square. Were built, when Dzingalia were under Latagnian communistic government, in 1978. Now it has no any cultural value. It's located in south-east of the city, in the area called Ziekalps. First house here were built in 1975. Now Ziekalps is a biggest sleeping quarter not only of the city, but of Dzingalia. There are living 20% of population of Kisztow. But we digress from the topic. In the image lower is the center of Lenina Square closer:
Here is a branch of National Library. This design were very much liked by local architectors, so their projects were built more such libraries across the city. The such building was built in 1982.
And finally here is an office building with observation deck in the last floor. Were built in 1982 instead of old decrepit building, which were demolished in 1976, so 6 years this place were empty.
Thanks to everybody who commented entry before!