• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

Entries in this City Journal

Belfastsocrates

The Royal Victoria Hospital in Passau is located in the Illford district of the city and is close to the University of Passau’s first campus buildings.

The history of the site dates back to 1801 and was originally home to the Fever Hospital and General Dispensary, the site was cleared in 1885 and a new general hospital constructed. It was afforded a Royal Charter in 1900 and was renamed the Royal Victoria Hospital in honour of the Monarch. 

The Victorian buildings were demolished in the late 1950’s after years of successive structural damage, the result  of the seismic instability of Perseus. 

The site is restricted in scale due to the presence of a major motorway to the south and extensive residential, commercial and light industrial development to the north and east. The site has however expanded over the years and now comprises six buildings tasked with the provision of healthcare services. All sites and buildings are connected via an extensive service tunnel and lift network, staff have access to the tunnels and can use bicycles or electric carts to travel between buildings and to/from the car park. The tunnels and lifts are also utilised by a fleet of battery-powered AGV robots which act as porters for the transport of linen, waste and supplies. AGV’s are permanently designated to certain roles to prevent cross-contamination. 

The Royal Victoria is one of four major hospital sites within the Greater Passau Area and is the second largest. The site recently completed a 5-year phased upgrade of all buildings, infrastructure and facilities. Thanks to the recent investment the hospital is one of the most technologically sophisticated of its kind. Connectivity is important for modern medical facilities and the large multi-storey car park is linked to all hospital buildings via skywalks that incorporate moving walkways, the hospital is also located beside a GLR line and the Emergency Department building has access to the Passau Metro. Emergency patients arriving by private car or ambulance can avail of a dedicated underground reception area, access via road ramps, and receive immediate care.

1 (Overview of site)

ADgT2V.jpg 

2 (Emergency and Critical Care)
99S9RB.jpg

3 (Accident and Emergency Waiting Area)
y4p8mu.jpg

4 (Patient Check In Terminals)
PuqMGS.jpg

5 (Cancer Treatment Centre and park access)
y3tkvv.jpg

6 (Hospital Services and Ambulance Station)
Hw3v2D.jpg

7 (Maternity and Regional Trauma units)
JLcltj.jpg

8 (AGV waste transport)
P6LQgi.jpg

9 (Stores and workshops)
1KYEJJ.jpg

10 (Staff and Visitor car park)
oTRepu.jpg

11 (Automated Pharmacy)
NGZsNV.jpg

Le3giS.jpg

13 (Emergency and Critical Care Access)
cPc7wM.jpg

14 (Surgical Theatre)
1yQpUr.jpg

15 (Maternity Unit)
bjrPBS.jpg

16 (Emergency Department)
si6kIy.jpg

17 (Orthopaedics drop-off area)
2iRoj7.jpg

18 (Gases supply and water treatment facilities)
pj1r3Y.jpg

19 (Emergency Department)
G3KAyK.jpg

20 (Proton Therapy Suite)
UGAxpu.jpg

21 (Cancer Treatment Centre)
pc18nb.jpg

22 (Underground services area)
WiCD1T.jpg

23 (Radiotherapy Suite)
KSbsu7.jpg

24 (Emergency and Critical Care Helipads)
Vl1Znf.jpg

cF7Rdj.jpg 

Belfastsocrates

A selection of views from across the West Illford area of Passau. 

West Illford is dominated by large scale retail and social housing. Social housing in Persus is well-funded and well-maintained, the country has a strong ethos of quality and affordable home provision for social housing tenants. Unlike the United Kingdom the purchase of social housing by tenants, known as 'right to buy' is not permitted and that has allowed the supply and quality of housing to be controlled. 

West Illford also encompasses some private residential areas, mainly comprising semi-detached and detached housing that was built between the 1940's - 1970's. The area is also home to the new University of Passau Centre for Sporting Excellence, which will be shown at a later date ;) 

The M50 Motorway, an orbital route around Passau, also transects the area.

Images have been split into two updates :)

37qfS6.jpg

GhKAp4.jpg

KsP8cv.jpg

1C2DbG.jpg

rFODlJ.jpg

q1SDyf.jpg

zxRlkh.jpg

9JKY1b.jpg

gNyxhh.jpg

FpqbvL.jpg

MN7Hil.jpg

YztRzc.jpg

BYnfvo.jpg

CGpCA9.jpg

ZpEht8.jpg

Mcq5bj.jpg

2qOc22.jpg

sxo32E.jpg

fmrSTI.jpg

2FNTSC.jpg

YvqAW0.jpg

ptzlAL.jpg

TUCQhI.jpg

4ZpxHn.jpg

4SVQ9W.jpg

Belfastsocrates

Hey everyone. I've been so busy with work and life recently that I haven't had the time to post many updates. I have however now finished the area and will post images over the next day or two. 

In the meantime, personal replies below to those I didn't respond to at time of the updates and a teaser of the area I've been working on and will showcase. I've taken about 45 in-game shots of the area so I'll maybe spread them across two posts 

Also....I know some people hate the Maxis highways but I haven't quite found the patience to build compact RHW just yet in my urban areas. I will however be using RHW in some new city tiles this year that will be more suburban and rural and I'm looking forward to using it for the first time. (Just pre-empting the Maxis highway hate :D )

REPLIES

@Ln X - Thank you. I do worry a little about duplication but in the case of housing it's hard to avoid as it happens in the real world and is unavoidable. 

@lucasfg3 - I'm glad you liked the pictures!

@slickbg56 - Bacon on a pizza! I'm all for that, you have me craving a chicken, pancetta, pepperoni and salami pizza now!! I'm glad you liked the update

@Shingure - Thanks, the long awaited update is almost ready, hopefully that'll satisfy your shopping fix :D

@gviper - I absolutely hate surface car parking!! lol But....I also appreciate they exist and I like to bring in some elements of realism to Perseus now and then

@MilitantRadical - Well here's another taster teaser, only a day to go though lol

@cmdp123789 - Not too much longer to wait :D

@kelistmac - Thank you! Hopefully you like this teaser also :)

@kschmidt - There's a massive difference between US and UK retail scale, it's just a shame we lack realistic UK retail warehousing, Thankfully people like @mattb325 and @rsc204 are working to address that :)

@tariely - Sorry.....just one more tease before the full update! :P

@tankmank - Thanks Josh! Glad you liked the teaser

@jmsepe - No offices in this particular area, just retail and housing, lots of offices though on the other side of the motorway

@tariely - Less dense areas are definitely on my priority list. This current large city tile is almost full so I'm then going to move to another tile and that will be mainly low density housing that begins to merge with parkland, forests and farmland. I also plan to start on the airport tile and progress work on Passau Island, but the latter is a much denser and urban project.

@Ln X - Passau doesn't have much industry, it's a clean tech and research city with some logistics thrown in, some of more that is planned. Rural is most certainly on my list, I'm just gathering ideas on how to plan that and the best way to blend it seamlessly with the urban area of Passau.

@raynev1 - I suppose same response to Ln X given you asked for the same thing lol :D

@tankmank - Is it difficult with too much repetition but some new content is planned by people like @Bipin that could help break up that repetition. There's always going to be that though as UK housing in the real world is very repetitive any way.

WXBzus.jpg

ep2K86.jpg

Belfastsocrates

Just a quick post to say I haven't forgotten about my promised update. I was away skiing so time somewhat restricted me and I couldn't find the time to finish a few things and post the update before heading off. The update will however be uploaded this weekend! I'll also reply to everyone individually as well. Thank you all for your on-going support

HrGHDn.png

This post has a dual purpose though. I'd like to hear your suggestions for what you'd like to see more of from Passau and wider Perseus. I have tended to post 'complete' and pretty things from Passau, which I am aware of. Primarily that's because in my head the place exists as a functioning country and so I rarely post 'in-progress' images of the city. I also know Passau has a tendency to look a bit too 'clean', there are reasons for that but I would like to experiment with creating some rougher areas.   

I would like to create new and different updates for 2016 and I welcome suggestions or requests. I also hope to start work on the less dense areas that surround Passau and these will comprise lower density housing, parkland and some aspects of rural.

I'll do my best to progress any ideas, so please make as many suggestions as you like.

Belfastsocrates

I've been working on a massive shopping area and retail park that brings together a large shopping centre/mall as well as lots of other retailers and some cafés and restaurants. It's also located alongside a residential area which is comprised of affordable and higher density housing as well as some social housing, which is a UK term for housing normally allocated to those on lower incomes. Passau doesn't really do dingy and such housing is well maintained to afford those living there a good standard of accommodation. More of that though when the proper update is posted. 

For now.....just a little taster :)

mPIeck.jpg

Xc2dWN.jpg

Belfastsocrates

I've been finishing off a residential area close to the University of Passau and the logistics area shown previously. I've also been working on other areas but they'll be shown later in the month :)

I haven't really shown much residential development before so I'm hoping this satisfies, I'm open to constructive comments as well. 

This area of the large tile will be further developed with more residential and it'll border a large regional hospital which I'm lotting various things for and a modern GLR depot, which will utilise MGB's new depot building.

z7Zsp1.jpg

niRR2Z.jpg

BB7qPS.jpg

Wp7z1i.jpg

Z65gXz.jpg

IE4Tst.jpg

SaklfX.jpg

egXZ0d.jpg

hVqWFK.jpg

OhiYZH.jpg

6IFfov.jpg

0BBTIQ.jpg

m7KR3V.jpg

oKQJZh.jpg

29Vyk7.jpg

xjDphk.jpg

AbFpAI.jpg

Jt3UgE.jpg

Belfastsocrates

The linen trade played a pivotal role in the social and economic development of Passau. The manufacture of linen was the catalyst that allowed it to grow from a town into the region's pre-eminent city. It grew most rapidly during the late 1700’s and early 1800’s – by the end of the 19th century Passau was one of the largest linen producers in the world.

One of the largest producers of linen in Passau was Beal’s. Founded in 1728 by Daniel Beal it grew to become one of the most important and largest linen manufacturers in the world. Located on the western bank of the Carrick River on what was originally farmland it grew over the years and at its peak was the largest mill in Perseus.

Despite the development of the city around the site production at Beal’s continued unabated until the general decline of the Persusian linen industry in the 1950’s. The majority of the mill buildings were demolished and the land redeveloped for light industrial use. Not all of the original mill buildings were demolished however and in 1990 after many years of dereliction the last remaining buildings were given protected status and restoration commenced, conservationists were also able to save the last remaining chimney.

The conservation project included the restoration of the buildings and their conversion into a range of uses including a linen heritage centre, offices, cultural space and a hotel. The area also benefitted from the construction of new riverside walls and walkways as part of the city’s river enhancement and flood protection programme. The new complex opened in 1997 and was subsequently updated again in 2010. The complex is managed by the Beal’s Mill Preservation Trust and is one of a handful of restored mills across the city.

7cr1g3.jpg

ATU9T2.jpg

vTGimI.jpg

8pmMkT.jpg

1zLEpd.jpg

rB7jHg.jpg

FlHKl9.jpg

H4ogiW.jpg

2rvsMp.jpg

CDB2RJ.jpg

KyD4JR.jpg

G0SQI2.jpg

X9J24P.jpg

LOkHnL.jpg

Bie8si.jpg

s2fw8P.jpg

Belfastsocrates

Replies

So much positive feedback and comments from the last logistics update! Thank you to everyone that took the time to 'like' or comment on the update it's really appreciated.

All of the images should also now be fixed following the Imageshack server issues. 

REPLIES

@tariely - Thank you very much! I'm pleased you liked the rail junction also, I'm not a talented railway builder so I hope they look realistic within current limitations :)

@raynev1 - Jaw dropping eh? That's the sort of impression I like to hear. Thank you for your kind words

@zlotka - Thank you :)

@kschmidt - I'm so pleased you enjoyed it so much. Thank you for stopping by and taking time to comment

@gviper - Thanks :D

@tankmank - Thanks Josh, it is very different to what I normally build and show but I'm enjoying this. I'm glad you liked it.

@crushproff - Thank you for stopping by. I'm pleased you found it realistic, I did try to keep it as such with the odd creative licence ;)

@Ln X - I'm thrilled you liked it, as a master of realistic industry your comments mean a lot.

@Moerp - Well I hope I'm doing the namesake proud?

@Ernestmaxis - Thank you very much! Thanks also for taking the time to comment :)

@dabadon5 - If you need any advice feel free to ask me. I've no issue providing any assistance in your own city building endeavours. 

Belfastsocrates

Sl8PqZ.jpg

I took over 40 images of this area so I'm breaking it up and will do two updates as loading 40 images is asking a bit much. I also had to drop the 6-lane NMW road and revert to standard avenue as I couldn't get automata to appear on it, which is a shame. 

Passau does not have dirty industry or much heavy manufacturing, most of the latter is confined to the second city of Axehaven. Passau does however have a very large clean and high-tech manufacturing and research sector as well as sizeable logistic and distribution capability. This distribution area below is only part of that and it will extend onto the neighbouring tile where I'm working on tasty lots such as the massive Perseus Post Mail Centre for the Passau city region, that'll be a huge lot and Mushy is working on some custom vehicle props for that also. 

This type of building is relatively new to me, so I welcome feedback and constructive criticism :)

HBrD29.png

7xCvNQ.png

uDCall.png

UD8JEM.png

01cEcp.png

nd6oK0.png

RfR6m6.png

ebPmf5.png

WeE8I5.png

ocZxTw.png

LMyXDh.png

dseiwH.png

pB2LG2.png

m4riff.png

e30AVW.png

2oHZvk.png

EbPzZh.png

qAJxi0.png

x1XI2S.png

liVUEg.png

Belfastsocrates

7w9LJH.jpg

Situated in the Illford District of Passau City is Perseus Rail's Illford Depot. This depot is owned and managed by Perseus Rail and is the largest in the country. Its primarily role is to maintain, clean and service the large custom-designed Bombardier Electrostar commuter train fleet. The depot is also utilised as a marshalling yard for trains when not in use.

The depot comprises a range of buildings and areas with specific purposes. The largest area is dedicated to train servicing and maintenance. The two large depot buildings are capable of accommodating eight 4-car trains simultaneously. Two of the eight maintenance tracks are designated for heavy maintenance (overhaul) and typical maintenance tasks such as repairs, bodywork and repainting. In addition it will be used for maintenance work on rail-borne wayside maintenance vehicles. The 30 ton overhead crane moves large sub-assemblies, e.g. bogies, motors, couplers, to and from the respective repair areas. The maintenance building also contains facilities for inventory storage, workshops, staff offices and amenities.

In addition to these maintenance buildings this area also benefit from a large parking hanger which allows for the night time cleaning of the trains and lighter maintenance work. 

The second important area of the depot is that set aside for external cleaning. Train pass through a modern and sophisticated washing and drying system to ensure trains are clean and fit for service. Trains are washed every day before they are despatched for service on the network. The washing system is split into two sections, the first contains pressurised water jets which mix with biodegradable and non-harmful detergent to clean the exterior of the trains, waste water is collected, filtered and recycled for reuse on-site. The second section incorporates compressed air jets which dry the surface before the train departs the washing area. 

In addition to the washing and maintenance area the site contains a plethora of warehouses, storage units and workshops which serve the Perseus Rail network and particularly requirements of the network in the Passau metropolitan area. The depot also has electrical generation capability and is connected to the national electrified rail network, however, while in the depot area trains do not have access to catenaries and use their on-board batteries for off-grid movements, upon leaving the depot trains reconnect to overhead lines.

The facility is also home to some research and engineering companies which focus on rail development. Perseus Rail also have administrative and research offices as well as the Passau Central Signalling Centre, which controls railway signalling within the Passau Metropolitan area

Jhwp8J.jpg

QLhoxR.jpg

uomSCy.jpg

hBANSO.jpg

DQmp2b.jpg

ZfYfPl.jpg

et62tu.jpg

e8e8xd.jpg

momJNT.jpg

rqWXI0.jpg

UiQWwO.jpg

ruiOXK.jpg

ZhzWy4.jpg

LQgNry.jpg

GXegJ8.jpg

5ThfrO.jpg

cDbJXL.jpg

9RfoEB.jpg

UxWVWD.jpg

P7Q7kG.jpg

Belfastsocrates

Replies

Thank you to everyone that continues to comment and read my CJ entries, the feedback and comments are much appreciated. 

I've been having a complete nightmare in regard to stability recently, despite my attempts to resolve it. I've no idea what's causing it but it's making progress slow and somewhat saps my enthusiasm when I lose nearly created areas when trying to save. Any time I get a successful save, generally after only small changes to the tile, I then re-load the game and if it's corruption free I close the game and I make a back up of the city tile. It's very time consuming but it's the only way to prevent losing significant progress. It is somewhat disheartening but that's life I suppose

As a result of that instability I'm probably going to have to postpone further work on the industrial area but that does give me some time to enhance the existing lots in LE and create some new ones. In the meantime I'm probably going to start detailed work on Passau Island, showcased previously, and progress that significantly. As for further updates from this part of the city I'm afraid I'll likely have to restrict those to the already established university parts of the tile. I know that may be disappointing for those hoping to see more than just pretty buildings and parks but I am working on trying to resolve the stability issues. I may start showing work in-progress images of Passau Island to break up the potential monotony of pretty campus pictures  :D

Now for long overdue replies :)

@michae95l - What a wonderfully kind comment, thank you so much! I'm thrilled you enjoy the updates so much.

@shingure - Thanks Shingure, always lovely to see you drop by!

@89james89 - Well.....Perseus is a very regal country :D

@MilitantRadical - I'm going to try and finish some of those areas and provider from wider shots. I'm pleased you like it thus far.

@MushyMushy - Lots more to show! Thank you so much for commenting :)

@nos. 17 - Thank you! I will be going back to LE and adding more 'stuff' I agree it's too 'clean' looking currently

@tariely - Oh lots more to see from this area and depot and many angles :D

@michae95l - I am trying to make it realistic, within limits ;) I do love some creative licence though so not everything will be realistic, but I'll try to strike a balance.

@patfirefgthr - That's very kind of you to say, I really appreciate your comments Pat.

@Themistokles - Thank you! The streets are from PEG's truck stop set

@Ln X - Wacky? Well that's one word I suppose :D I don't plan to have a lot of dirty or grungy industry in Passau as it's more focused on research, development and clean tech but I am trying to bring in some grittiness, some expect more wacky industrial lots! I agree about having more stuff and less empty concrete. I'm going to work on that aspect and still try to achieve a balance.

@Kim Sunwoo - Hopefully I get current issues resolved quickly and get this area shown in much greater detail

@crushproof - Thank you. I'm looking forward to developing more of it and showcasing it :)

Belfastsocrates

I've been soooo busy with work and real life the past couple of weeks so I've not had a lot of opportunities to load the game. In the time I have had I've been lotting and creating a new railway depot incorporating a maintenance and train washing area for Perseus Rail's commuter trains. This depot will be located within a semi-industrial area which is home to some distribution centres/warehouses as well as high-tech industry and research facilities. It'll be my first foray into the creation of 'industrial areas' so I'm still learning and experimenting. 

Here's just a small teaser of the railway depot......more to come though ;) 

x0Gs0u.png

Belfastsocrates

Free time for game play has been really restricted lately but with the time I get I've been working on developing a light industrial area around the existing Perseus Rail depot. It'll be a mix of buildings devoted to research, some high-tech engineering/manufacturing and distribution/warehousing. This sort of development is out of my normal comfort zone but I'm hoping to have some preview images and possibly some finalised shots in the next week or so. The area I'm working on will actually be spread over the 'edge' of two tiles.

In the meantime I'm wary of inactivity and so I've also been working on adding new buildings and density to the area around the oldest parts of the University of Passau and the area to the west of the rowing club seen in previous updates. Here's just a small selection of images from that area. I'm having some rather frustrating CTD issues so I try to snap a few images when I can :)

4uLenI.png

DkoL3z.png

Y4DPd8.png

ZkBrff.png

nItK7W.png

H9oHkw.png

SK25lQ.png

pMuoCa.png

5A50Ur.png

RA5l4v.png

Belfastsocrates

Replies

Thank you for all your continued support and wonderful comments. I have also went though all of the CJ updates and fixed any formatting issues due to the site update, everything should be appearing as normal now :)

@Sexysark:P - Thank you! :thumb:

@Kim Sunwoo - I thought it would be a little different and interesting :P

@gviper - That's very kind, thank you

@Mymyjp - Well....you know me....I do like to have stunning public spaces :lol:

@slickbg56 - Passau is a great place for a jog! We like to give us walkers, runners and jogging pretty things to look at :D

@TeKindusT - I spend most of my time lotting, it's ridiculously time intensive but I'm very pleased you like it all. Thank you

@Tonraq - Thank you, I love them. I'm just trilled I can make the sandstone texture just about match the existing sandstone mod....thanks to a mod by @vortext

@Fox - That's incredibly kind and humbling, especially given your own supremely excellent city building skills 8)

@Ace❤ - I suppose excruciating is one word I could use now and then :lol:. Thank you for taking the time to comment and for the very kind words

@michae95l - Oh the citizens ceertainly agree! Not sure they approve of the expensive maintenance bills for such spaces....but you can't have everything I suppose lol

@Tonraq - It's uncanny! I think they copied us lol

Belfastsocrates

LzwGiJ.jpg

The Victoria Library is one of the University of Passau's greatest treasures. It was initially constructed to serve as the library of Victoria College, a college established to provide university education to women in Perseus. Victoria College was amalgamated with the University of Passau in 1915 and its students became full members of the University. The library was retained and today continues to serve its role as a library and reading room. The library's collection comprises 600,000 items, covering hundreds of years of history.

The main reading room rises to a vaulted ceiling and the walls and stacks are lined with white pine panelling carved into a variety of textures, flowers, masks, and mythical creatures. Standing directly in the centre of the room is a white marble statue of Queen Victoria, whom the college and library were named after.

The library has been augmented and renovated a number of times since its construction in 1860, the last between 2008 and 2012, though the form and decor remain essentially authentic. 

Y3WtEN.jpg

LFzCsE.jpg

Y7Ol3Y.jpg

QM0y18.jpg

2ZonDO.jpg

d1URhM.jpg

WT0TyE.jpg

aqPQZa.jpg

Belfastsocrates

Firstly my apologies for such a long delay between updates, real life has a tendency to monopolise my time rather frequently.

A fellow member previously commented on the marina that was featured in earlier updates, as such, I have taken such advice on-board and decided to completely redesign the marina area and instead assigned the area to act as the University of Passau's Boat Club.

LzwGiJ.jpg

The University of Passau Boat Club was founded formally in 1850, although rowing at the University of Passau has a history which dates back to 1820. The Boat Club's current building was constructed in 1955 and is located on the River Carrick, it provides extensive boat storage, maintenance and rower training facilities including state-of-the-art fitness and body analysis equipment. The University of Passau's Women's Boat Club share the facility but have separate training, fitness and club rooms.

The University of Passau Boat Club has a distinguished heritage and has training several Olympic and Commonwealth rowers for the Persusian National Rowing Team.

The University of Passau boat club races against the Axehaven Boat Club in The Annual Boat Race, currently supported by Atlantis First National Bank on the River Carrick in Passau each year. The race covers a 4 mile route along the Carrick River and has been held annually since 1885. The event is well-established and popular locally with upwards 60,000 people lining the river to watch, the event is also broadcast live by Persus' public broadcaster PBC

YTr6pm.png

n4EPit.png

GAFO4G.png

u4jjSL.png

KzoSOq.png

rNe20u.png

Belfastsocrates

lz5xEX.png

Passau City Council launch public design competition for the Perseus Mall

Passau City Council has launched a public design competition and is inviting ideas and concepts for the redevelopment of the Perseus Mall and surrounding public realm. The Perseus Mall was constructed in the late 1980's and incorporates a range of gardens, public squares and artwork. However Passau City Council have been concerned that the area focuses too much on hard landscaping and have discussed a reorganisation of the area following discussions with the Department for Regional Development. Consideration will also be afforded to submissions which include the area to the front of Danesfort Palace and the current setting of the Persusian Legislative Palace

qeUZqT.jpg

The Council would like to see the roads reorganised and a greater emphasis on parkland and soft landscaping. The aim will be the creation of a new city centre park while maintaining the setting of important buildings such as the Supreme Court, Persusian Legislative Assembly, Danesfort Palace and St. Brigid's Cathedral.

No stipulations have been set in regard to style or paving material however the council would like to see native trees used where possible and the inclusion of flowered areas to assist with the Passau Bee Project, which aims to provide the growing number of rooftop hives with access to flowering plants for as much of the year as possible. The Department for Regional Development has already stated that the current road layout, particularly the diagonal avenues, is overbearing and will consider potential mitigation measures as part of this project.

R80qrm.jpg

The deadline for prospective design submissions is September 1st 2015. After this date the submissions will be narrowed down to 5 and the citizens of Passau will be given the right to decide on the final design. It is expected that work will commence in January 2016 and take up to 24 months to complete.

Belfastsocrates

Replies

Apologies for my tardy appreciation of your comments. I welcome all comments and I'm so pleased people take the time to do so, it really means a lot to me an a CJ Author to have such feedback.

@Kim Sunwoo - Thank you, I do try to add some info along with the images. I try to give people an idea of what's in the image and why this part of the city looks the way it does.

@v701 - You're absolutely correct, perfection does not exist :) A city-builder's life is never done, always time to improve or change. I am however thrilled with a 9/10....I'll take that! :)

@Ln X - Thank you! I know....diagonals can be a nightmare and hard to work with so I generally beautify them with trees and pathways. I'm pleased you liked them.

@89James89 - That's very kind, thank you for your supportive comment

@Mymyjp - I have tried to create an idealistic and prosperous nation, I'm glad that comes across in the images, we do have some 'less rich' areas as well, which I look forward to showing in the future.

@Schulmanator - I wish I went there myself! lol

@Kim Sunwoo - Yeah I thought something different might work. It was a stab in the dark but I'm glad I did it.

@Mymyjp - I love that texture as well! It's not my own creation no. I'll try to find out where it's from. I'll PM you if I can find out more details.

@feeroz123 - I'm pleased with the riverside walk as well, has a nice natural and relaxed feel to it. Thank you for your kind comment.

@Kim Sunwoo - You certainly did but you can never say it too often IMO! lol :)

@SylvioJ - Thank you, I really love the warmth of the sandstone texture and I think having a seamless paving texture in some areas works well. I'm pleased you liked it

@MilitantRadical - Why thank you! It's not the most detailed BAT but I do like it and felt it deserved a nice setting and a nod to history as well.

@amazona - Well you're certainly commenting on the right CJ. Plenty of history to come and I hope you enjoy those updates just as much

@Kim Sunwoo - Thank you! The first image is my favourite as well. I'm so pleased you liked it

@SylvioJ - Thank you!

@Mymyjp - We have a large Irish community in Perseus......best not to annoy them and ensure we celebrate the day properly lol :)

@47ply - Thank you so much. I've worked hard on Passau and I'm thrilled you liked that mosaic.

@gviper - Thank you :)

@Kim Sunwoo - Thanks, I hope to showcase those and other suburban areas in the coming months.

@Ultimate727 - Oh the birds always get the best views! I'm glad you liked it, thank you

@michae95l - Thank you so much, it means a lot to read such comments

@Schulmanator - SC4 is my hobby and canvas, I love what it's become and I'm attached to it so I try my best to make the best use of it and create wonderful things.

@Mymyjp - That really means a lot, thank you :)

@jmsepe - It's pretty large but still not complete, so much work still to do!

@Sexysark:P - An 'artist'....why thank you! I'm so pleased you liked it

@takemethere - Oh plenty of close ups to come. I hope you'll like those just as much!

Belfastsocrates

I've been working on Passau City for many years and it's no where near finished with lots of empty areas to fill, tweaking to complete and new development/areas to plan and populate.

Passau is also my SC4 canvas and as such the city is almost entirely plopped which is a massive undertaking, combined with a significant amount if individually lotted buildings, plazas and so on you can see why it's taken so long and is yet unfinished.

I thought it'd be nice though to have an idea of how the city currently looks. I do plan to change a few areas over the coming months but I hope this gives you a better idea of what Passau encompasses. The black area is a game tile I haven't opened yet.

6ndtZs.jpg

Click here for larger size

Belfastsocrates

LzwGiJ.jpg

FaioBz.jpg

Located at the heart of Carrick Island is the Gilbert Scott Building. Designed by, and named after, the renowned British architect George Gilbert Scott, it was one of his last buildings with construction commencing in 1874 and completed on August 10th 1884, six years after his death.

HNMkg5.jpg

The building is a 144m (472 ft) long by 75m (246 ft) deep, and six storey high, symmetrical structure built in the modern Gothic Revival style. As such, it displays a multitude of stone carvings, including gargoyles, grotesques, and friezes, keeping with the Victorian High Gothic style of the period.

BpKTMT.jpg

1Qojqi.png

The building was constructed to serve as the new administrative centre of the expanding university and provide ceremonial space for graduations and offices for the University’s leading staff. A role it retains to this day hosting the offices of the University Chancellor, Vice-Chancellor’s and Registrar. It also continues to host graduations in the magnificent Great Hall and the various other rooms serve as venues for special events, meetings, conferences and lectures.

f224El.jpg

jbtdJU.jpg

The building was completely destroyed as a result of the 1906 Passau Earthquake, the largest ever recorded in Persusian history, forcing a complete re-build. The building was re-built to the original plans with the exception of the central tower which was made taller and had clock faces and bells added. The taller tower was dedicated to the memory of university staff and students that died in the earthquake and resulting fires. The foundation stone of the new building was laid on March 15th 1907 and the new building was due for completion in 1914, however, the onset of the First World War delayed construction and the building was finally completed in 1919 and dedicated on March 15th 1919, twelve years after construction had commenced.

3SBYCl.jpg

In 1995 the front plaza was redesigned following the introduction of a new light-rail system and incorporated new gardens, road access and the construction of a tram stop. As a result of aging and technological advances the building was closed in 2012 for a period of internal renovation to repair stonework and decorative features as well as to facilitate the replacement of old plumbing, electrics and install a new fibre-optic network to all parts of the structure. The exterior stonework was also cleaned and repaired, the building re-opened in 2014

Kxv9XY.png

MutKbl.jpg

ltpP7f.png

FaioBz.jpg

7EqKzb.jpg

VRAnbq.jpg