• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

The United Nations last stand to retake control of the worlds energy supply depends on YOU.

Entries in this City Journal

Need4Camaro

ProjectBH_zpsd48c3f71.png

Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen.

I have a few features for this update that I will cover.

The first is the introduction of Blue Hope newspapers. These will show current ongoing region occurrences and will be separated from the actual City Tours. On top of which, any Blue Hope member will be allowed to submit these updates onto the Forum. I will state that I personally am currently working 7 days a week, although I will continue to post images and tours of BluePort and perform news updates, I will probably have to can the story line as it will take too much time and energy to develop it. Instead the story line will play in the background of my Mayor Interactions with Blue Hope as you will see in the story and newspapers.

The second will be the introduction of Blue Port Civil Engineers. You will be able to join Blue Hope as an engineer of one of several categories such as a:

• Suburban or Rural Zoning & Development official
  • Utility & Energy Management official
  • Newark State Transit Authority & Department of Transportation official
  • Unclaimed Territory Management
  • News Petitioner
  • Blue Hope Technical Management Team

There will be more details on the Main Page and the Membership page will hold its listings...

Meanwhile, here is our awaited News Paper Update.

BlueHopeNews120114.png

feeroz123

Bangalore city has grown in Blue Hope Region... Many businesses have thrived and residents are happy for all the facilities available within the city ! The mayor has done a really good job in this city. Looking at the growth over these years, it is predicted that Bangalore will expand much more in near future. Mayor has already laid out good road networks and transportation options to support the growth. Have a look !

Bangalore-Mar51031415116573_zpsca335a0a.jpg

Bangalore-Mar51031415116618_zps0d94d225.jpg

Bangalore-Mar51031415116654_zps0eaec33e.jpg

Bangalore-Mar51031415116672_zps8902a904.jpg

Bangalore-Mar51031415116690_zps897b57b9.jpg

Bangalore-Mar51031415116711_zps19df4030.jpg

Bangalore-Mar51031415116724_zpsba8c02e3.jpg

Bangalore-Mar51031415116756_zps59f444f0.jpg

Bangalore-Mar51031415116771_zps800fe26b.jpg

Bangalore-Mar51031415116810_zps0b7f76bc.jpg

Bangalore-Mar51031415116822_zps26dc6302.jpg

Bangalore-Oct101031415117158_zpsa27638eb.jpg

Bangalore-Mar51031415116835_zps91b5c80e.jpg

Bangalore-Oct51031415117142_zps8ecadff5.jpg

Bangalore-Sep161031415116905_zps8d9039e5.jpg

Bangalore-Sep161031415116959_zpsc24dede9.jpg

Bangalore-Sep161031415116975_zps5769fda0.jpg

Bangalore-Sep161031415116987_zps5ab3edb9.jpg

Bangalore-Sep251031415117073_zps2753d90c.jpg

Bangalore-Sep161031415117000_zpsf2303685.jpg

Bangalore-Sep301031415117126_zpsd4ef9a03.jpg

What do you suggest for the vicnity of the airport? How do you think it will look good in future?

Inviting all of you to join and become a part of the Mega Multilpayer region - Project Blue Hope ! Very huge region with lots of spce to build around your city. Come and be the part of the Megalopoilis !

For getting access to the region, send request to Need4Camaro.

Need4Camaro

The Capital Central Business District.

In my Previous Update, we covered North BluePort which primarily served as a dense residential peninsula coated with shopping plaza's here and there and a large mall, but for the most part it remains a dense upper class area.

Today I will cover the prime of BluePort, the Central Business District, and being the financial capital of the island it has nothing less than a stunning skyline littered with banks and monopolies attempting to gain control of the island. Infact you could say, the beauty behind it, is the beast.

BluePort-Jan123391413085658.png

Pictured above is the skyline of which makes for the capital city, Blue Port. We are looking due North and the highway that follows the coast to the west is I-B101 which leads northward to SR 808 as soon in the North BluePort update earlier. The suspension bridge coming from the west heading due east is SR 805 as it cuts North and South just south east of Downtown.to go toward North BluePort.

BluePort-Jan123391413086181.png

Interstate B101 just Northwest of Downtown follows the bank of the peninsula, There's a small strip of land occupied by an avenue just to the west of I-B101 which for the entire length of the central BluePort runs parallel with the coast providing access to several condominiums and high rises, as well as a small seaport which provides industrial access to BluePort's inland.

BluePort-Mar103391413087739.png

Just west of Downtown we are left off to the Harbor which provides access for goods to enter the state. Aside from the exit to the north, I-B101 for the most part diverts around it and provides access to I-B2 which provides eastbound access into BluePort and the remaining chamber of commerce and the rest of the Island.

BluePort-Mar243391413087787.png

Further south, just west of downtown, the harbor to the west approaching the interchange for SR-808 which is toll-free upon this section and provides outer access to the downtown district before proceeding to the Tri-cities turnpike.

BluePort-Mar303391413087820.png

I-B101 interchanging SR-808 via dual trumpet interchanges due to space constrictions of the heavily developed area.

BluePort-Apr93391413087850.png

Further south the interstate proceeds away from the Downtown district towards southern BluePort and toward its terminus much further south at I-B1.

BluePort-May13391413087963.png

University Square just east of downtown

BluePort-May143391413088053.png

BluePort-May243391413088086.png

Downtown Grande Station. The hub of all passenger heavy rail service for BluePort. It is located North and Central in Downtown BluePort.

More downtown photos below...

BluePort-Jan293391413086255.png

BluePort-Jun163391413088213.png

BluePort-Jan243391413086235.png

BluePort-Jan243391413086235.png

BluePort-Jun103391413088183.png

BluePort-Jun43391413088159.png

BluePort-May53391413088015.png

BluePort-May243391413088086.png

I do appoligize for not being as descriptive as normal but time is very very short for me as I am often multi-tasking 90% of the day, and even now I am typing this from work as I really want to continue this city journal and for Blue Hope to grow. If any of you are interested in joining, please do not hesitate, I will provide edit access to user's who desire to contribute, allowing them to show their CJ in this thread contributed to Blue Hope.

Hope you've enjoyed.

Need4Camaro

Things going a little rougher than intended but I found a fool proof sync tool.

Before Blue Hope was launched I hadn't had a chance to test OwnCloud over the WAN (Internet). It worked fine over my LAN but I ran into several MySQL errors that only got worse every time I attempted to resolve them. I wanted to fix them but I honestly only get two days out of my entire week to deal with technical difficulties and sometimes more rest would be nice so I forfeited the OwnCloud server idea and implemented the new "BitTorrent Sync". It is already up and syncing and so far I have no problems. I have posted the settings onto the Home Page but I will update them here as well.

I have simplified this process. The only thing necessary to join is to add me on Skype (formerly Live Messenger) and send a message tochristforbluehopecj@live.com requesting to join. Secondly you will need the BitTorrent Sync client for your Operating System. Please follow the instructions below.

1. Message me on skype at: christforbluehopecj@live.com and request to join, Even if I do not respond immediately, you are clear to proceed to step 2.

2. Download and install BitTorrent Sync.

3. At the top right corner of the client, will will see a symbol that looks like a gear. This is your settings menu. Select it and then select "Enter a Key"

4. Enter the key ABGW5V5NVM75C5UK4WUKNWM37ENT3ORLN and select a folder to dump the Blue Hope contents.

5. This is IMPORTANT for accurate up to date syncing: Select the "Gear" button at the top right corner and then select "Preferences". Now select "Advanced" and "More Options" at the bottom of the list. You MUST change the following fields to 0 or there will be syncing errors. "folder_rescan_interval" and "sync_max_time_diff" both MUST be set to 0.

6. You will need to create a special shortcut to route Sim City 4 to open the shared region from the specified sync folder instead of your My Documents/Sim City 4 folder. To do so follow these instructions:

• Make a copy of your current Sim City 4 shortcut and rename it to Blue Hope.
  • Right click the shortcut and select Properties
  • The Target Field must be in this syntax: "C:\Directory\to\SimCity 4.exe" -UserDir:"C:\Directory\to\BlueHope Folder/" so for example mine is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\SimCity 4.exe" -UserDir:"D:\BlueHope\Storage\BluePort/"
  • IMPORTANT - MISCONFIGURATION CAN RESULT IN COMPLETE LOSS OF REGION AND PLUGINS! I would highly recommend you have Bit TorrentOFF before testing this shortcut and if you have problems contact me. ALSO... the "/" is NECESSARY at the end of the UserDir string!

If you have problems, please contact me on Skype at [email protected], it would be advisable to have Team Viewer ready as well.

Need4Camaro

Welcome to Project Blue Hope.

About Blue Hope:

It's been a bit of a struggle with Blue Hope as some of you may have noticed it tends to come and go. I will admit I am working full time and my "real life" takes up a lot of my time and energy. I have also encountered major problems with the FTP sync tools we have been using to synchronize the region causing me to temporarily forfeit the idea until I had a new method. That day has come however as I have designed a self-maintained server (meaning it incur's no additional costs apart from the ISP) with its own sync client and will allow us to sync files real time and unlike the FTP protocol, it does not have to scan through every single file to sync, but only the ones that are updated. The server has already deployed and the system seems intact so I am prepared to launch it. This means Blue Hope City Journal is BACK ONLINE and user's can join, or share their regions if they so wish to do so. The instructions are also on the Home Page but I will re-post them here as well.

How to Join Blue Hope:

I have simplified this process. The only thing necessary to join is to add me on Skype (formerly Live Messenger) and send a message to christforbluehopecj@live.com requesting to join. Secondly you will need the BitTorrent Sync client for your Operating System. Please follow the instructions below.

1. Message me on skype at: christforbluehopecj@live.com and request to join, Even if I do not respond immediately, you are clear to proceed to step 2.

2. Download and install BitTorrent Sync.

3. At the top right corner of the client, will will see a symbol that looks like a gear. This is your settings menu. Select it and then select "Enter a Key"

4. Enter the key ABGW5V5NVM75C5UK4WUKNWM37ENT3ORLN and select a folder to dump the Blue Hope contents.

5. This is IMPORTANT for accurate up to date syncing: Select the "Gear" button at the top right corner and then select "Preferences". Now select "Advanced" and "More Options" at the bottom of the list. You MUST change the following fields to 0 or there will be syncing errors. "folder_rescan_interval" and "sync_max_time_diff" both MUST be set to 0.

6. You will need to create a special shortcut to route Sim City 4 to open the shared region from the specified sync folder instead of your My Documents/Sim City 4 folder. To do so follow these instructions:

• Make a copy of your current Sim City 4 shortcut and rename it to Blue Hope.
  • Right click the shortcut and select Properties
  • The Target Field must be in this syntax: "C:\Directory\to\SimCity 4.exe" -UserDir:"C:\Directory\to\BlueHope Folder/" so for example mine is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\SimCity 4.exe" -UserDir:"D:\BlueHope\Storage\BluePort/"
  • IMPORTANT - MISCONFIGURATION CAN RESULT IN COMPLETE LOSS OF REGION AND PLUGINS! I would highly recommend you have Bit Torrent OFF before testing this shortcut and if you have problems contact me. ALSO... the "/" is NECESSARY at the end of the UserDir string!

Blue Hope Jobs:

Blue Hope is intended to be a Multiplayer City Journal, and due to the complexity of the system, it's far too large to manage on my own especially with my time constraints so due to this, I am opening positions of which players may join at will. Also. Keep in mind that you are not required to be a mayor to have a job, infact its encouraged that you specialize in said job as it makes it more effective.

If you are a Mayor: You may have 1 additional job.

If you are NOT a Mayor: You may have up to 2 jobs.

• Suburban or Rural Zoning & Development official

• This team is responsible for the development of non-incorporated areas which are either empty tiles or tiles without a mayor. Areas of which are unincorporated are limited to nothing greater than medium zoning and may contain no more than 40% of its zoning as medium. These areas will be developed according to the RCI demands unless other demands are stated otherwise by Project Blue Hope. The player(s) developing these areas will not in any way retain ownership of the tiles developed meaning an active Mayor can overtake the development as his own city and remold it as he see's fit. DOT and Utility Officials can also make necessary modifications without permissions as well.

[*]Utility & Energy Management official

• This team is responsible for meeting the needs of Newarks Energy and Resource demands while maintaining a "NIMBY" ideal for mayors and suburban districts. They are responsible for Power, Water, and Trash Disposal and all the necessary means of transporting these resources. For Power, High Tension Lines MUST be connected from the source until it reaches its destination INCORPORATED city without any interruptions, meaning zones are not allowed to carry power from source to destination.

[*]Newark State Transit Authority & Department of Transportation official

• This team is responsible for creating and maintaining a transportation infrastructure throughout the region of Newark. This includes the creation and route signing of roads or highways, determination on whether routes will be tolled or free, the creation and routing of trains, airport placement, and seaports. This group will also be responsible for signing main corridors with their respective signage (meaning BAT'ing will be required) and implementing them on their corresponding routes.

[*]Unclaimed Territory Management

• This team is to continue the development of cities that mayors have abandoned while finding a permanent mayor to fill its place. Abandoned cities are not to be demolished.

[*]News Petitioner

• This team is responsible for gathering news events and on-goings through the Blue Hope region and post a weekly News Paper due by Sunday of every week upon the forum to keep visitors abroad of knowledge of the current events in Blue Hope.

[*]Investors and Commisioners

• If you want to own a chain, such as Wal-Mart, Fredy Meyers, Staples, Krogers, McDonalds, BP, or any other Franchise, even your own custom one, you are more than welcome to sign up as an investor. Investors will also have Updating privileges to the City Journal. Your job would be to select up to three chains and find suitable locations to place these chains. If you wish to place them within incorporated areas, you must gain permission from the Mayor of that city. If the city is unclaimed by anyone or a suburban / rural district with no mayor then no permission is necessary. I will keep record of the amount of locations you open throughout the region and report it in the city journal statistics for your corporate competition.

[*]Blue Hope Technical Management Team

• Your goal is to ensure this stuff is actually working. If you see brown boxes we need to find the name of the building and search for its corresponding plugin and make sure its properly installed. If necessary re-download. If you are unable to find it, then notify the mayor of its current location and get permission to delete the building and its corresponding plugin. You will also handle technical difficulties such as sync errors and "DAMN" issues, all of which I will show you how to do.

The Future of Blue Hope

Now that this is settled, I would also like to advise what my real objective for Blue Hope is. Because Sim City 4 did not include a way to provide multi-player functionality, organizing a functioning shared region is very tedious, time consuming, and out-right difficult as there's many factors to consider. In fact in my previous attempts, maintaining Blue Hope became more like a chore than a game as I actually rarely ever had the time to develop anything, I was either constructing the infrastructure of the system or fixing errors. I also acknowledge most people are not in favor of the multi-player cities as presented in the concurrent games, Sim City 2013, Cities XL, ect however I believe a Sim City 4 shared region done right can be quite fun as you will NOT need to be connected to any server to develop your region and you will still reap the benefits of others able to view and interact with your region as soon as your PC connects to the internet as it will automatically share your work with the rest of the sync'd cloud. You also can share any region you want to and allow user's to develop upon it. I am simply put trying to broaden the limits on our current favorite title of SC4 which, in my opinion has yet to be surpassed in game-play by the concurrent titles such as XL and 2013.

However, unlike before... This launch of Blue Hope, must be simple and straight forward. Simple so that I too can actually enjoy the game, and straight forward so that users will need to make the minimal adjustments to connect and enjoy the online experience. I want Blue Hope to be a game, not a chore. For that reason I am imposing as few rules and regulations as possible as I want people to come and enjoy this experience. The only things I ask are the obvious is that you don't interfere with other user's developments. Later on, I do intend on designing another web-based self-hosted forum which will allow users to collaborate developments but while Blue Hope is still small, the City Journal forums will suffice. Members who join will gain access to this thread to post or update their developments.

I hope this has covered everything... In summary, Blue Hope is alive again and awaiting members to join,

Need4Camaro

BluePort is the financial capital of the Island of Newark and is currently located in the largest metropolis on the island of Newark, the Tri-Cities Region. The United States wishes to proclaim BluePort the capital of Newark due to its financial control over the rest of the island. BluePort also has the largest sea port on the island of Newark importing and exporting more goods than any other city of the region.

Although minescule in retrospect to the island of Newark, BluePort itself is still a large city and will have to be broken down into sectors to fully cover. The first sector I will cover is the North Sector of BluePort, Just North of Downtown.

NorthBP0_zps382c4c7c.png

Just to the north of Downtown we find Blue Peninsula which is separated by the Blue River and Central Gulf. A very high dense community densely packed onto the land convenient to Downtown. It is mostly populated by residential structures as all the commerce is located South in Downtown. This area is also the terminus of I-B101 where it turns into SR-808 Toll Road. The State could not afford an interstate alignment along the current route of SR-808 due to the higher price to purchase land here.

NorthBP3_zps90b47aad.png

Further North along SR808 we find the last tolled interchange into the northern suburbs along Blue Peninsula before it terminates at SR804 - The BluePort bypass.

NorthBP4_zpsb7fd9f2b.png

The Western Side of Northern BluePort as 804 proceeds West.

NorthBP2_zpsdaaff3e3.png

Moving to the East Side of Northern BluePort on the east side of the Gulf we find sprawling towers of residents lined between the Beach and SR805 - The toll road to Downtown BluePort. The lifestyle of Northern BluePort is very upscale but it comes at a pricey cost. Expect to pay to get around, if you take the highway, the train, or the bus.

NorthBP15_zps7c2971ce.png

Central East we find the northern railway terminus for passenger services, freight services continue Northward into NorthPort. admittedly, the rail system in BluePort isn't the most strategic but it gets the job done.

NorthBP17_zps0e72250c.png

The terminus of the Northern Line.

NorthBP7_zps559b1122.png

To the east, The Downtown Connector - SR 806 departs Northward from Downtown BluePort as a tolled expressway with free access roads.

NorthBP6_zps7a9b2e71.png

North Peninsula Mall located between The Downtown Connector and Tri-Cities Turnpike. This is the northern terminus of SR-805 where it leaves traffic to continue onto the turnpike. At this point, Northbound (up) will take you to NorthPort and Southbound (down) will take you to Dabbersburgh. Right of way for roads in this sector is expensive due to limited land availability, hence the need for tolled expressways.

NorthBP5_zps4b20faef.png

The northern Terminus of SR804 - The BluePort bypass which follows the island around the western bay until its southern terminus at I-B1.

Thats all for now. Stay tuned for more.

Need4Camaro

Button_JoinBH_zps7f3b7d45.png Button_BHRegions_zps103c7bde.pngBH_VideoTours_zps4687d000.png

Button_Members_zps7206d4f2.pngButton_BHCities_zps3a5e48f1.pngButton_BHStory_zpsbf48dc0c.png

Blue Hope Regions

This section is dedicated to the Regions of Blue Hope. All participating members will have region maps hosted here. The region maps will be automatically updated upon development of said region as they are literally synced to this forum from our server. This means no more going back and forth between the Region Census and Photobucket, a trouble free system which allows members and viewers alike to view real time updates as they occur before we even post them.

Region Name: Blue Port

Region Description: The Blue Port region is known for two attributes. It contains the largest harbor which imports and exports goods to and from the state of Newark, and it also currently contains the most commercialized districts due to the presence of multiple banks which all own stock and share in the regions abundant natural resource supply. Due to its convenient access to multiple harbors and less political distress than the city of Newark it currently houses the largest cities in Newark, namely the Tri-Cities District which contains three major cities:

BluePort - Containing the largest Harbor in the state of Newark and home to several warehouses, commercial banks and a sprawling central business district. Housing is hard to find as most of BluePort is high dense due to most of its city limits being occupied by water but engineering was very creative with its transportation structure with highways of which are not timid of crossing large masses of water to complete their journey.

Dabbersburgh - Containing several among several suburban municipalities, some with larger business districts, others built for residents, including but not limited to: Bangalore, Roma, Huntsville, and Dabbersburgh itself. Dabbersburgh is a city much like a county, containing several cities within its boundaries and by far encompasses the most land in the region of Blue Port. It is even home to Blue Ports international Airport and the most complex highway system in the region, such as the Tri-Cities Dual Way which is a shared right of way between the Tri-Cities Turnpike and the multiplexed I-B1 / B2

NorthPort - A dense and metropolis to the north of BluePort and the northern most Tri-Cities entity, The focus was dense architecture although suburban development was planned the city kept much of its business to itself. When innercity space ran out the mayor looked toward minimizing road structures which initiated a large scale project to build much of its interstates underground.

There are other cities aswell, such as Strathpine, a small countryside town to the northwest of the providence, and finally Tesoropolis which is a growing metropolis located off of the BluePort river.

Remember you can click each map for the full scale image.

Region of BluePort: (Click for full size)

Region_Thumbnail_zps9ad61b4f.png

Map of BluePort: (Click for full size)

Map_Thumbnail_zpsed382a25.png

Route Sign Legend:

SR811.jpg

All freeways and tollways alike in the BluePort region are either signed with, or multiplexed with an 800 series route. White and Blue banners are non tolled freeways while Yellow and Blue banners are tolled expressways. Interstates cannot be tolled so they will never multiplex with a yellow and blue signed 800 series state route.

SR801.jpg

800 series routes with a Yellow and Blue banner are always tolled. They are never cosigned with interstates and they are entirely funded by the tolls they collect. These routes can be built by the state or private organizations and still obtain a state route number. The name in the yellow portion of the banner represents what the tollway is built to service.

I-B1_zps77b09b1e.png

The Interstate has come to the state of Newark funded by the Federal Government. The come with the codename "B" before their route number, standing for Project Blue Hope and therefor even within the Newark district they are still labled as B. Just like in the mainline U.S.A, Odd digits go north and south with the lowest digit being on the western side of the island, and even digits go East and West with the lowest digit being on the most southern side of the island. Due to financial crysis and the overwhelming funding it takes to keep Project Blue Hope a reality, unfortunately Interstates will be the rarest form of freeway in the region and will only serve major areas, more primitive routes were handed off to the state government whom due to lack of funding and organization, sold the plans off to banks who built them as toll roads.

I-B1-B2_zps01fe48fd.png

Multiplexed interstates typically occur in dense areas or areas where the roads are so close together and share a similar path for so long that there is no need to build more than a single right of way. The most known multi-plex occurs in Dabbersburgh for approximately 10 miles, as known as the Tri-Cities DualWay, which carries I-B1 / I-B2, and The Tri-Cities Turnpike (on a separate tolled alignment) through BluePort approach channel in Dabbersburgh. 800 series routes also multiplex for similar reasons as it save money and resources.

B302_zps6bcf2596.png

3dgi interstates also exist in Newark much like they do in the mainland U.S.A - and are designed in the same fashion. The first number represents the type of 3dgi. If it is an even number the route returns to its parent route at one specific point or another and typically carries the role of a bypass. If it is an Odd number, it will never return to its parent route and is typically considered a Spur. The second two numbers represent its parent route. So I-B302 originated from I-B2. I-B101 originates from I-B1 and travels several miles into BluePort and eventually into its central business district while I-B1 completely avoids BluePort and proceeds Northward into Dabbersburgh and NorthPort.

TTP_zps677235cb.png

And finally, Personal Heralds. Users are permitted to create special heralds for their own roadways, in this case this one is dedicated to a member whom in retribution to his dedication to the RHW system of which has completely evolved SC4, has earned a special alignment in the state of Newark, further known as the "TTP" or... Tarkus TurnPike.

;)

Need4Camaro

AboutBH_zpsb7661f92.png

Blue Hope is no longer just a City Journal, but a massive Sim City 4 Multi-player system that converts the versatile single player game into a multi-player system which allows multiple users to share their creations, and create among each other. The focus of Blue Hope is to transform the robust single player game into a multi-player network for multiple users to enjoy each other’s creation and content. Users will be able to share Regions, Cities, Plugins and create content for each other. They will ALSO be able to develop in other users regions and contribute toward their growth and success. Users will be able to design from distinct districts to suburban cities to urban jungles that will each link to the contribution of a multi-region server.

HowBHWorks_zpsc2d5fdeb.png

Blue Hope is no longer a region or a city journal but a system of regions users are allowed to develop and contribute to. Users are also allowed to import their own regions and plugins for other uses to assist in development upon. There is no score system or limitations in Blue Hope any longer. The process is simple.

· Blue Hope is hosted on a Cloud Server of which I am personally hosting. This will grant members access to sync real-time by installing Blue Hope, the plugins and regions to their PC and automatically update them when changes are made.

o
Users will be able to select which regions and plugins they wish to play and sync so we are capable of supporting multiple regions and multiple plugin packages.

o
Users will also be able to share and sync their own regions and plugins for other players enhancing our multiplayer experience to expand beyond the original Blue Hope map

o
Unlimited sync server space and unlimited bandwidth making this for a large scale project

· Players will use specially designed shortcuts to determine which region and plugin packs are loaded at one time to keep plugins from cluttering and mismatching between regions. Some regions will share plugin packs however, and you CAN choose to create a region within a certain plugin pack.

o
Shortcuts will be organized by the region name and the plugin packs will be coded so you will know what they contain.

· Players will develop upon each others region, whether it be entire cities or suburban districts, depending on the development mode of the region.

o
The Region’s owner will determine the mode of the region, whether players are authorized to build entire cities or just suburban districts around a city, or both.

o
Players will be given the ability to join certain departments depending on the region type, whether it be DOT, Utilities, Or Civil Engineering. Their goal is to look at the region as a whole and propose and design improvements.

HowToJoinBH_zps271d7ee1.png

I have simplified this process. The only thing necessary to join is to add me on Skype (formerly Live Messenger) and send a message at christforbluehopecj@live.com requesting to join. Secondly you will need the BitTorrent Sync client for your Operating System. Please follow the instructions below.

1. Message me on skype at:christforbluehopecj@live.com and request to join, Even if I do not respond immediately, you are clear to proceed to step 2.

2. Input the following URL into your browser to download both BitTorrent Sync as well as the Blue Hope Region Files.

[code=nocode:0] https://link.getsync.com/#f=BlueHope&sz=38E8&i=CBMZ7TJA5QQBQ37XZTCCW3NJDYYT434JU&p=CALXWWUIG3OJ27WQBXINDFLR7IDLXR5Y [/code]

3. At the bottom of the page you will see something along the lines of "Please make sure Sync 1.4 is running to receive this folder." - If you do not already have BitTorrent sync running - select the download for Sync 1.4 and it will download the BitTorrent Sync client to your PC. After it downloads then refresh the page and proceed to step 4.

4. Your browser in some way will prompt you to run the BitTorrent sync program. Allow it to, afterward; BitTorrent Sync will ask you your display name - please use your Simtropolis name so I can identify you. It will also ask you which folder you wish to store the files in. You can choose whichever folder you please.

5. If you have problems with the link properly opening BitTorrent sync, you can also use this key:

[code=:0] ABGW5V5NVM75C5UK4WUKNWM37ENT3ORLN [/code]

and then open the BitTorrent Sync program. At the top right corner you will see a button that looks like a gear. Select it and then select "Enter Key.." input the key and then select the folder you wish to sync with.

6. This is IMPORTANT for accurate up to date syncing: Select the "Gear" button at the top right corner and then select "Preferences". Now select "Advanced" and "More Options" at the bottom of the list. You MUST change the following fields to 0 or there will be syncing errors. "folder_rescan_interval" and "sync_max_time_diff" both MUST be set to 0.

7. You will need to create a special shortcut to route Sim City 4 to open the shared region from the specified sync folder instead of your My Documents/Sim City 4 folder. To do so follow these instructions:

A. Create a NEW Shortcut to SimCity 4.exe

B. Right click that shortcut and select "Properties"

C. The target field must follow the following syntax: [
"Directory to SimCity 4.exe" -UserDir:"Directory to BlueHope region folder/"]
Without the brackets.
It is IMPORTANT to include the forward slash "/" after the directory in the -UserDir: path or it will NOT work.

D. For example a typical install should look like this:
"C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\SimCity 4.exe" -UserDir:"C:\Users\[AccountName]\ownCloud\BluePort/"

E.
Thats all! Just launch the shortcut and you have
SC4
online!

BHRequirements_zps5522e788.png

1. At least 10 Gigabytes of Free Hard Disk Space.

2. BitTorrent Client

3. Skype or Yahoo Messenger

4. Live or Yahoo Account

feeroz123

I would like to introduce a well maintained and nicely running multiplayer region, Blue Hope.

Thanks to tremendous efforts by Need4Camaro, the multiplayer region is now live and working fine !! He has been putting much effort to make it happen and I feel immense pleasure to let you all know that it definitely is now working !

Here's my first city under progress from the Blue Hope Region, Bangalore.

Bangalore-Nov21691399915173_zps6d6d9864.png

We are in process of finding more players for an amazing experience of mixing up different cultures and ways of playing by multiple players. All are welcome to join us and help make it big success !

Slowly we are adding custom contents and make it a fun place. Watch out for more progress !

Blue Hope Region thread:

Blue Hope website : http://bluehopecj.freeforums.org/index.php