Blue Hope is no longer just a City Journal, but a massive Sim City 4 Multi-player system that converts the versatile single player game into a multi-player system which allows multiple users to share their creations, and create among each other. The focus of Blue Hope is to transform the robust single player game into a multi-player network for multiple users to enjoy each other’s creation and content. Users will be able to share Regions, Cities, Plugins and create content for each other. They will ALSO be able to develop in other users regions and contribute toward their growth and success. Users will be able to design from distinct districts to suburban cities to urban jungles that will each link to the contribution of a multi-region server.
Blue Hope is no longer a region or a city journal but a system of regions users are allowed to develop and contribute to. Users are also allowed to import their own regions and plugins for other uses to assist in development upon. There is no score system or limitations in Blue Hope any longer. The process is simple.
· Blue Hope is hosted on a Cloud Server of which I am personally hosting. This will grant members access to sync real-time by installing Blue Hope, the plugins and regions to their PC and automatically update them when changes are made.
Users will be able to select which regions and plugins they wish to play and sync so we are capable of supporting multiple regions and multiple plugin packages.
Users will also be able to share and sync their own regions and plugins for other players enhancing our multiplayer experience to expand beyond the original Blue Hope map
Unlimited sync server space and unlimited bandwidth making this for a large scale project
· Players will use specially designed shortcuts to determine which region and plugin packs are loaded at one time to keep plugins from cluttering and mismatching between regions. Some regions will share plugin packs however, and you CAN choose to create a region within a certain plugin pack.
Shortcuts will be organized by the region name and the plugin packs will be coded so you will know what they contain.
· Players will develop upon each others region, whether it be entire cities or suburban districts, depending on the development mode of the region.
The Region’s owner will determine the mode of the region, whether players are authorized to build entire cities or just suburban districts around a city, or both.
Players will be given the ability to join certain departments depending on the region type, whether it be DOT, Utilities, Or Civil Engineering. Their goal is to look at the region as a whole and propose and design improvements.
I have simplified this process. The only thing necessary to join is to add me on Skype (formerly Live Messenger) and send a message at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to join. Secondly you will need the BitTorrent Sync client for your Operating System. Please follow the instructions below.
1. Message me on skype at:email@example.com and request to join, Even if I do not respond immediately, you are clear to proceed to step 2.
2. Input the following URL into your browser to download both BitTorrent Sync as well as the Blue Hope Region Files.
3. At the bottom of the page you will see something along the lines of "Please make sure Sync 1.4 is running to receive this folder." - If you do not already have BitTorrent sync running - select the download for Sync 1.4 and it will download the BitTorrent Sync client to your PC. After it downloads then refresh the page and proceed to step 4.
4. Your browser in some way will prompt you to run the BitTorrent sync program. Allow it to, afterward; BitTorrent Sync will ask you your display name - please use your Simtropolis name so I can identify you. It will also ask you which folder you wish to store the files in. You can choose whichever folder you please.
5. If you have problems with the link properly opening BitTorrent sync, you can also use this key:
and then open the BitTorrent Sync program. At the top right corner you will see a button that looks like a gear. Select it and then select "Enter Key.." input the key and then select the folder you wish to sync with.
6. This is IMPORTANT for accurate up to date syncing: Select the "Gear" button at the top right corner and then select "Preferences". Now select "Advanced" and "More Options" at the bottom of the list. You MUST change the following fields to 0 or there will be syncing errors. "folder_rescan_interval" and "sync_max_time_diff" both MUST be set to 0.
7. You will need to create a special shortcut to route Sim City 4 to open the shared region from the specified sync folder instead of your My Documents/Sim City 4 folder. To do so follow these instructions:
A. Create a NEW Shortcut to SimCity 4.exe
B. Right click that shortcut and select "Properties"
C. The target field must follow the following syntax: [
"Directory to SimCity 4.exe" -UserDir:"Directory to BlueHope region folder/"]
Without the brackets.
It is IMPORTANT to include the forward slash "/" after the directory in the -UserDir: path or it will NOT work.
D. For example a typical install should look like this:
"C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\SimCity 4.exe" -UserDir:"C:\Users\[AccountName]\ownCloud\BluePort/"
Thats all! Just launch the shortcut and you have SC4
1. At least 10 Gigabytes of Free Hard Disk Space.
2. BitTorrent Client
3. Skype or Yahoo Messenger
4. Live or Yahoo Account