• Moose
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

(Cities XL): A small island city with big growth!

Entries in this City Journal

Munchiez

I really enjoy the look of the aircraft that arrive in St.Marteen.

The detail is notable.

lPPTX42.jpg

1T0Fbtc.jpg

They modeled the ATR-42 pretty well here.

MQyJNO7.jpg

As you approach St.Marteen for a landing you will see the beautiful looking shoreline.

oOGzmbd.jpg

Munchiez

More growth, let me show you what's been built and what is being planned. The shoreline is looking at more of a vacation type thing, and some offices. It has become very attractive to the executives and skilled workers, all in high density.

The skyline is filled with tall towers, homes and offices alike...

ESLq1FC.jpg

From downtown St.Marteen:

lHyuTwD.jpg

More..

zDTwlyu.jpg

Look at how much of the Island has developed!

QnkpPQB.jpg

The shoreline attracts these things, I swear.

v6hi5O6.jpg

This area here is being planned and zoned for elite homes and executives, they're very demanding in their needs.

8lIuKjT.jpg

Tall!

wWE5Yye.jpg

There are parts in the suburbs that these high rises develop because of need.

6UfYGKh.jpg

As you can see, this area is going to be made into much more.

XfbMqhJ.jpg

xRA66jy.jpg

Development:

BdcdbrF.jpg

It seems that the Elites like a Kodak print shop.

uUuP0ig.jpg

Also a Kodak Theatre

aLNb7fg.jpg

Moar..

oKbsOfr.jpg

Here is a nice shot at night:

ncdqCAF.jpg

I suppose this "Recycling University" or something is helping with the trash?

e8dFSuZ.jpg

I've been trying to satisfy their need for things to do, they always seem "bored"

eFkoy0T.jpg

Things are starting to look more and more developed!

1M45f20.jpg

Munchiez

I've gone in depth with the development of the shoreline here in St.Marteen. It's looking great so far, and I enjoy the addition of the boat houses as well as the ocean front hotels and homes. I keep thinking about the shores of Miami Beach and the real island of St.Maarten when I am placing zones and building streets. I added parks to the nearby ocean homes to add to the beauty and the vacational type effect. The thing I love about this small island city is that it mixes offices and corporate business with oceanside homes and vacation type atmosphere all in one.

I'll also note that the population is now at 250,000 people. St.Marteen is looking at a very strong and growing economy with income of 49,000 coming in to keep utilities running and schools open. I'm only bothered that I can't figure out why the message "Something is wrong with hotels, you should fix it" is coming up regularly?

Take a look for yourself:

The coast!

IUi5aU8.jpg

N2C6OYc.jpg

The development of the shoreline is expected to become BIG:

oGqc7Tr.jpg

The roads are in place and ready to be zoned.

PO7I5Iv.jpg

Downtown St.Marteen:

i6mUsTQ.jpg

Ocean homes before I placed the green grass parks behind them:

yAwOG2f.jpg

Another reason why I love Cities XL is for the amazing views and time of day combinations you can see your city in. This one really looks amazing:

it2h3QD.jpg

skfsBqp.jpg

y4sWzXM.jpg

More to come!

Munchiez

With well over 200,000 people living on this small Island there is no room to waste! St.Marteen is NOT St.Maarten. I liked the name, so I changed it up!

I figured that it would look stunning to add homes close to the water and especially the high density homes. Towering apartments dot the shoreline and remind me of Miami Beach or some coastal city.

This is an introduction to St.Marteen. It's far from being done! There's so much going on in this city that there will be a lot more to post as well. The details amaze me and I am sure that St.Marteen will grow even bigger in time. Enjoy!

kzObSTI.jpg

From above

d76fJWU.jpg

The shoreline looks good here:

OU91amF.jpg

Towers!

4buadiz.jpg

My favorite view in CXL

HVpcEzj.jpg

GROWTH!

HHb99SR.jpg

Where it all began at, the port of entry...

TscX72g.jpg

The farms could only grow in the center of the Island where the land was fertile.

mekBL5W.jpg

It provided the first jobs in St.Marteen

YiZWHyw.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0