• Moose
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Realistic City Building Style While Making the Most Out of What Little I Have, Follow My Return CJ.

Entries in this City Journal

Wreckingball Man

Newport Harbor Marine-Naval Air Station

Draft Prepared by: Wreckingball Man

Item 1

Terraforming has been smooth and went along ahead of schedule. This phase is now complete.

Item 2

Development of the airport is far behind schedule. Hope and motivation is in short supply among the work force. We need to finish this project soon. Detail in the lots may suffer along with the removal of certain sections due to lack of time and budget.

Item 3

Custom lots are also slow to develop. Finding and procuring suitable props (military planes) has not been as succesful as hoped.

Outlook is bleak, morale is low. This airfield, ladies and gentlemen, needs to be complete. Currently reaching out to new subcontractors. Leave your resume in the comments section, all criticism is welcome.

jerc.jpg

qz6z.png

mpez.png

766z.png

Wreckingball Man

Development of Newport Harbor - Part 3

Item 1

In an attempt to speed along the process of port construction and development, I have prepared a crude visual aid.

Drawing 1: Itemized and named the varying sectors of the Port and established boundaries as well as highway routes.

Drawing 2: The surrounding cities' names and borders, RR routes, and highway routes (yet to be delivered).

Port Sectors

• Marine Naval Air Station Newport
  • Newport Harbor Container Processing Docks
  • Newport Harbor Break Bulk Docks
  • Blackie's Fishing LLC
  • Vandy Shipping Company
  • Newport Refineries and Importation inc.
  • Newport LNG inc.
  • Overton-Newport Power Company

Legend

White Line - City Boundaries.

Brown Line - Port Boundaries

Dark Red Line - Proposed City expansion

Black Line - Highway

Black Circles - Highway Interchanges

blogentry-268886-0-33655400-1386089249_t

Wreckingball Man

Development of Newport Harbor - Part 2

Item 1

A few more mods/plugins were added to add some more detail and realism.

Item 2

A list of demands was developed:

• Decide on the water mod
  • Decide on the beach texture
  • More detailed ground and blank space (nature items)
  • Replace maxis trees
  • PEG farms and lots
  • Marine Naval base lots
  • Demolish center island in port
  • Achieve road access to the Port lots so they will function
  • Transition to RHW (likely won't see this for a while)
  • Build power plants
  • Parking Lots

C/N

Several other cities are also in development. This port city is the big project and the most time consuming. Additional Resources and Suggestions are desired.

tets.png

9ipt.png

ox7e.png

gwv2.png

zf0h.png

Update 1:

infamousjbe - Thank you. Still haven't settled on a water mod yet lol.

Casper3141 - Thanks, it's nothing to dread, just takes some patience.

Update 2:

Jesus_Wept - Thank you

Basilins - Alright alright, I did 1024 this time. ;)

Wreckingball Man

Development of Newport Harbor - Part 1

Draft prepared by: Wreckingball Man

Item 1

Here is the Port District as it is currently developing.

Item 2

There was trouble with abandonment in the port lots. The cause is believed to be no road access to the lots. A redesign is warranted to remedy the problem in order for all lots to be fully functional.

Item 3

Developers are seriously considering using RHW. The Maxis Interchanges are limited, even with the NAM. Extra development time should be granted to compensate for the additional work on the RHW.

Item 4

The water mod still sucks.

The map behind the port.

wdq4.png

xmth.png

Adding Farms

7e91.png

Growing

7l0d.png

The south side of the map

hgh5.png

Developing and Growing

ad82.png

Developing and Growing

l02z.png

Wreckingball Man

:party: It's been several years since I've played SC4. In this thread I'm making a city with whatever I had in my Plugin folder from years ago, plus whatever I feel like adding to it now. I'll definitely be taking suggestions. There will be no RHW as of yet, so don't even say it. I'm just kidding, RHW takes too much time for me to build right now. My time is limited as I'm a busy University Student. I'll be constantly revising old cities and building new ones, so maybe you'll see RHW in the future. I sure hope so!

The format of the updates will be progression pics, I'll show a blank region, a plan, it's development and in the next update a finished picture. So you'll see a lot of before and afters, and I'll share with you anything you would like to know.

The goal of this region is to make the most realistic city I can while still "playing" the game and keeping it relatively kosher. Like I said, time spent in-game will be very brief. Every building will be grown, everything will be functional (for the most part). I like playing the game more so than I like "modeling" or making artistic scenes. So strap yourselves in, this is purely for fun. Quick and realistic cities.

Alright, now to immediately contradict myself, here's a teaser of the Port that is currently in development. I'm still a newbie at taking pics by the way.

blogentry-268886-0-17561800-1385004282_t

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0