• Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A Dutch city in the province of Friesland

Entries in this City Journal

Kruness

Nijedyk

Replies:

Jeffrey500: Haha thanks :P But it was actually inspired by Franeker, but the stuff you will see here will be mostly inspired by Leeuwarden, but unfortunately in Leeuwarden a lot of companies (Ici Paris, C&A, Cool Cat, etc.) kinda screwed up the buildings :(

Koenvh: Thanks! and Idk man... :'( We have probably been infected by the Brits, lets blame them :P

Jayguum, Lord Branham, Spursrule14: Well, now theres more! :)

Hiigara, TowerDude, Sejr99999, Cennaro, Sylvio Jorge: Thanks all! :D

Welcome to Nijedyk, a city in the North of The Netherlands. In the province of Friesland.

Sorry that ik took me so long, but school started again a few weeks ago. :(

I hope you'll enjoy it :D

xM0pkVu.jpg

This is the Nieuwstad market, the building in the middle of the square is the old markethouse. But now, its a café.

SWlJOFN.jpg

843093-tulpen-van-6-bonte-kleuren-rood-paars-geel-roze-lila-en-steeg-in-het-voorjaar-van-bloemenmarkt.jpg

922813_654205787928148_1330958140_n.jpg

oyVGotL.jpg

"De Grote Kerk" stands in the middle of the former Jewish quarter, afront of the old Jewish school and near the old synangogue. Unfortunately, the Jewish school got closed by the Nazi's during World War 2, and the synagogue closed in 1964 because the Jewish community had shrunk too much in World War 2. Now, the school is a public elementary school, and the synagogue is a dance academy. After the Second World War they placed a memorial for all the victims who died in the holocaust.

NeuyYtW.jpg

GqcBNEl.jpg

I hope you liked it! :D

comment or rate won't be bad :P