• Moose
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entry
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

This is my first test CJ. Hope you like it.

Entries in this City Journal

KonstantinII

First City

This is my first test CJ. It is also my first aesthetically pleasing city that I built. As seen from the title, it is a futuristic city I attempted to create. Please give feedback! If I get good comments on this I will proceed to show my main region. This city I built in the Maxis region. And it's called Peterburg (very unoriginal :uhm: ) I didn't figure out how to change my city's name. I think I'll use outlandish futuristic sounding names next time. Anyway here's a lot of pictures. They might tame much time to load so grab a snack while... No demand mods were used.

And none of these images are edited in any way. I'm a purist. Pure sc4 pictures are much better. :D Whole city by day:

cityoverview2.jpg

And by night:

cityoverview1.png

First we're going to visit the low density area in the center. It's actually the first area of my city I built, believe it or not! :P

Now I think of it as the suburbs. The terraces are to the west, downtown in the south, and industrial area in the east.

It's a good place to live but it's not the best in the city.

districta1.jpg

Apartments here

districta2.jpg

districta3.jpg

districta4.jpg

To the south this district joins up with the downtown. I have two versions of duke mall.

districta5.jpg

Next we go to the west where the terrain becomes hilly and terraces have been built.This area is one of the best communities.

districtb1.jpg

districtb2.jpg

districtb3.jpg

I have a library and a soccer (football) field in one of the terraces.

districtb4.png

This is one of the many vertical farms where all the crops are grown thanks to Petrograd Seed Storage in Russia.

The seeds are planted and grown specifically in trusted vertical farms. On the next terrace there is a large indoor park for skateboarders and some apartments to the left.

districtb5.jpg

On the highest terrace there is a big church.

districtb6.jpg

Another vertical farm and my house are also located here.

districtb7.jpg

districtb8.jpg

districtb9.png

This is what the whole terraces look like.

districtboverview.jpg

Next we visit the east-south area where the new suburbs are. This district is in fact just south of the industrial zone. Many people grow gardens here.

districtc1.jpg

districtc2.jpg

districtc3.jpg

The industrial district which is north of the suburbs is umm...highly industrialized. toko_borg.gif

Most of the factories here make robots,nanotech,or chemicals. The most vertical farms are also here.

districtd1.jpg

This is one of the new neutrino communicators which is a relatively new innovation!Notice the big underground driveways.

districtd2.jpg

In spite of all this industrialization,rules and regulations require that the factories keep the air clean.

districtd3.jpg

Not all industries obey however. :P

districtd4.jpg

These buildings on the right and left are the so called industrial arcologies which employ a great number of workers.

districtd5.jpg

districtd6.jpg

districtd7.jpg

Robots are making a rocket.

districtd8.jpg

Why are there so many underground ramps in the industrial zone?Unauthorized vehicles are not permitted to enter here.

districtd9.jpg

It is rumored that some of the factories make war stuff for the military.

districtd10.jpg

Although the factories themselves have never confirmed this...

districtd11.jpg

...Actually some of the factories have underground areas where military stuff is made.

districtd12.jpg

districtd13.jpg

districtd14.jpg

The downtown in the south is the most interesting part of the city. Here are sports stadiums,the main library,and corporations of many companies.

districte1.jpg

districte2.jpg

districte3.jpg

The headquarters of New Horizons is located here.

districte4.jpg

This is the central park.

districte5.jpg

Swimming Center

districte6.jpg

districte7.jpg

This is one of my favorite buildings!

districte8.jpg

districte9.jpg

Apartments in this area have a landing pad on the roof for UFO's! :party:

districte10.jpg

A little suburb here.