RULES AND FIRST TOURNAMENT (T1)
Welcome! What is this all about, you ask? Well, to sum it up, this is a tournament competition open to all SC4 players, with different creation criteria for each tournament. Keep reading for more details!
- You may submit only two images that you wish to enter into the current tournament. In order to qualify, the images must contain the elements outlined in the tournament criteria below.
- The photos must be of your own, original SC4 work.
- You may NOT post your photos elsewhere, or in a CJ of yours. If you do so, your submission will be disqualified. However, once the winners are announced at the end of each tournament, then you may post your creations in your own CJ, etc. The SC4 scene you create must be created solely for the purpose of this competition.
- Your name, or any other identification, must not be on the photo. When everyone votes in each round, nobody will know WHO the images belong to. This way there will not be positive or negative bias toward any certain member's submission.
HOW WILL SOMEONE PROGRESS THROUGH THE TOURNAMENT?:
- Everyone will get to vote in each round of the tournament. The first round of the tournament will begin at the end of the submission deadline, and more voting instructions will be announced at that time. The scene with more votes than the scene it is directly competing against will win that round.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE END OF EACH TOURNAMENT:
- Everyone who submits a scene that is accepted into the competition will receive a certain amount of points at the end of each tournament, depending on what position they place in the tournament. The winning person will receive the most points, and the last-place person will receive the least amount of points.
- All players who compete in the tournament will be featured in the blocks to the right, with their total amount of points since the beginning of this competition. It will be sorted so that the players with the highest amount of points are listed at the top. And, the top ten players with the most points will be featured with a direct link to their profile! The more total points you get, and the higher you place in tournaments, the more recognition you get among the ST community!
- Oh, and the person who wins each tournament gets to pick the entry criteria for the next tournament!
CRITERIA FOR TOURNAMENT 1 (T1):
- Entry must be a nature scene only. Cities are not allowed to be seen. However, roads, cars or other objects that you feel give additional awesomeness to the scene are acceptable.
- Entry MUST contain the use of the PARIS Quais de Seine Summer Tree, which can be found at this link: . This tree can only be used ONCE in your entry, which means that your scene only contains one individual tree of this type. You may use more trees in your scene as long as they are a different kind.
- Entry must be two images of 2048x1536 pixels each. If need be, you must crop your photos to match this resolution. You may NOT enlarge a photo to this resolution. If you do, it will not be accepted. Therefore, the two images of your scene are each made of a mosaic that is 2 1024x786 images wide, and 2 1024x768 images high.
- Images must be taken from Zoom Level 6, and daytime scenes only.
- You MUST submit another mosaic image of the same scene, with the second image having been taken from the opposite direction in-game. For example, North & South, or East & West. If you choose to photo-manipulate your photos, the scene from both directions must have the SAME photo-manipulation effects applied. Even if you don't choose to photo-manipulate, both pictures must be of the exact same scene and look, just viewed from the opposite direction.
- You may mirror your images if you choose, but if you do so then both images must be mirrored.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY:
- PM me (spursrule14) a link to both images. Do not send it as an attachment. That is all that is required. If it does not meet the criteria, or will not be accepted for some other reason, I will message you and let you know why.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS:
- Post them here in the comments section, and I will respond here. Others are free to respond to questions or comment about anything else related to this competition.