• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

japan, rural, city, metropolitan, rail, street, industry, harbour, airport, network, nature, lance

Entries in this City Journal

Lance83

Mutsu Bay Preview

This is a small sneal-peak, the pictures will be replaced maybe or changed when its time...

Once its all set ill post more and drop in a feature. Just wanted to give everyone whos interested a small

preview on what im working right now :)

This tile is straight next to Kiatkami, so it was close to take that idea and go a bit further, it will be a smaler town, less industrie, bigger castle area more nature

and i wanted to do some navy stuff this time since i never used this stuff before and there are some really cool things in the pack!

So, my progress on this tile is a bit slow, i got a new job and im quite exhausted in the evening and i only can spend a few hours

per week on building,..

still i have some new pics for everyone who is interested in this preview,...

i reworked the city seaside and took a seperate location for the navy supply, i like this solution better because the navy stuff has a quite clean setting...

i like it more chaotic close to the city,..

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

the castle area is about twice as big as shown here, i keep the rest till release :P

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

i like the reworked stuff better, more chaotic!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

the new navy supply base... the piers, patrolboats, uboats and the helicopter carrier are from sc4devotion, the destroyers are

from hide&seek...

hope i could quicken your appetite :D

see you soon,

your Lance :)

Lance83

Kitakami

Kitakami Update

Hello everyone, thanks for coming back here,

I finnished Kitakami and want to show you the corners you have not seen yet.

Lets start with a topdown:

image.jpg

As you can see there is a huge variety of stuff, rural, nature, city and traffic, i think it went out pretty well, but decide for your self :D

Unbenannt.jpg

image.jpg

here is the lighthouse area, its very popular by the tourists and a must see if you come here :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Here is the river that turns to a city channal, its my first real river, so dont be too harsh :)

Now come a few closeups of other riverspots

image.jpg

image.jpg

The bridge didnt fit exactly, but still looking good i think...

image.jpg

Here you can see how the river turns into the channel. It goes over the reservoir...

image.jpg

The city tunnel i already wanted to show in the last update :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Northern commuter station, i feel like it was worth to show...

11_2.jpg

image.jpg

13_2.jpg

image.jpg

Some slopes, there are quite alot...

Oh, Now comes another sightseeing stuff:

image.jpg

It doesnt really come out on that resolution so i made a few closeups :)

image.jpg

The park,

image.jpg

The castle, or temple maybe,... im not sure :uhm:

image.jpg

image.jpg

And the spa-hotel straight below.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ok, what to say, its some pics of the farming area arround,.... the fields hug the small valleys between the tops of the mountains,

i tried o make it look cool :D

Thats it for today, and for Kitakami, i think i showed you all areas of interest, combined with the old contend below it gives a pretty compleete overview

as you can see on the topdown image.

I hope you enjoyed, i at least had a lot of fun crating this city, also by its diversity and some stuff i never did before,

like that camping stuff, the beach and the river, the lighthouse and so on.

So, thanks for watching, you may comment again if you feel like,... have fun,...

your Lance

OLD CONTENT

Unbenannt.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The natural harbour is a bit limited, so some ships have to be unloaded anchored

image.jpg

:)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

From peak to shore...

Now one of my favorite areas:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

some pics of the "central" area, its a pretty small town.

image.jpg

As a little goodie for the issues, here is the elementry school! :)

Thats it for today.

Like i sayd, its wip, the city is more or less done, but there is alot of nature and farming to do arround.

Also the lighthouse area and so on!

Still. i hope you had some fun,

Thanks for reading and watching!

your Lance

Credits: Mandelsoft, Simgoober, Simfox, SimPegasus, AC Team, all artists from

simcity.ch, the HKBAT team, uki, somy, cycledog, vip team, simtropolis, sc devotion, moonlight, mas71, mumrik, paeng, spa, glenni, porkie, towerdude, gascooker, tonkso, scotty222, bixel and many many more,

also thanks to the great community who keeping this game alive and never get tired posting new impressions

and other possibilities to create and design.

Lance83

Today i want to show you some of the industrial area west of Myogi,

todays focus will be coal and steel production.

Dont forget your helmet and safety-shoes!

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

Here is the Administrative building, the post processing and plenty of railroad-transfer.

Now few shots of whats not in the mosaic:

coal.jpg

diagonal.jpg

maintance.jpg

washer.jpg

And now: the pit!!

pit1.jpg

pit2.jpg

pit3.jpg

pit4.jpg

Thats it for today, its not as ambitious as the last entry, still i hope you enjoy.

I wanted to do something different after the last project.

I have not that much expirience on larger industrial scenes,

Anyway thoose machines always rock :P

your Lance

simcity.ch, the HKBAT team, uki, somy, cycledog, vip team, simtropolis, sc devotion, moonlight, mas71, mumrik, paeng, spa, glenni, porkie, towerdude, gascooker, tonkso, scotty222, bixel and many many more,

also thanks to the great community who keeping this game alive and never get tired posting new impressions

Lance83

Myogi Outskirts

Finaly, the city is done.

I decided to merge the 2 posts and move the mosaic of the downtown over here, that way this single post will give a full overview, i like that more than haveing it splitted in 2 posts.

People who know the downtown mosaic already can simply scroll down :)

so, here we go:

1topdown.jpg

first, a topdown of the whole area....

Now the downtown mosaic:

center1.jpg

center2-1.jpg

center3.jpg

center4-2.jpg

center5-1.jpg

I will delete the old entry soon and change this posts title in about a week or some when its of the frontpages feat!

And here comes the new stuff!

west1.jpg

west2.jpg

the eastern district with the housing projects in the north...

sw2.jpg

more of the eastern district...

sw.jpg

South-east

sub3.jpg

sub3-1.jpg

The south-central area...

fields.jpg

Farming and freshfood-market below downtown...

sub2.jpg

North of mainstation...

projectswest.jpg

housing-projects on the westside...

sub1-2.jpg

West-Downtown...

w.jpg

North-West suburbs...

sub1.jpg

another western suburb...

Now: the airport:

ap1.jpg

ap2.jpg

ap3.jpg

The cargo-airport is straight to the seaport to overload goods quick and uncomplicated.

Now the seaport:

harbour.jpg

Now a few closeups:

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Guess thats it for today, i hope you enjoyed a bit!

Thanks for watching!

Ah, one quick note, there is actualy more traffic, but at screenshoting and tabing out i lost some cars it seems. probably depending on the towns size.

Lance

Lance83

Harbour District

As promised,

here is the first entry, the Harbour District.

This district is Located directly south of the Capital (im still working on it, but its huge :P )

As the name says, the focus here is on the coast and on the harbour specialy, but has a straight connection to the city, so its basicaly the south of the capital.

Beside the Harbour it has plenty of other contend aswell, but why should i discribe when i better can show :)

so, here we go:

5.jpg

5-2.jpg

piers,

4.jpg

and more piers :)

2-2.jpg

2-1.jpg

fill meh up!

As promised, this district has more to offer, here a closeup of one of my favorites so far:

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

oh dude, i hope you like it too :D

Its a place where the rents are cheap and manny young and creative people like artists and students move to. They are expirimenting with alternative ways of urban life.

You find nightclubs, small shops and streetmmarkets here.

The major has a eye on this area due to few people living outof the law there. Also many investors are intrested in this quarter and there is always the danger of segregation and gentrification here!

12.jpg

eastern suburb...

13.jpg

western suburb...

14.jpg

...and a shot from the center.

Now a few topdowns to give you a impression of the size and struccture:

9.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

Thats it for today, i hope you had some fun.

Thanks everyone for watching!!

Credits: Mandelsoft, Simgoober, Simfox, SimPegasus, ACE Team, all artists from

(im not sure if theres a artis from whom i dont have a plugin)

Lance83

Announcement

Hey guys,

This is just a quick and boring announcement of my new journal.

I decidet to open a new journal because i will share developeing a region in this and following entries.

All random stuff or funpost will be uploaded to my old journal, this will be stricktly used for this project.

As playground i picked the Fuji region from drunkapple (avaliable here on the STEX),

it is a really awesome region with a huge variety of terrain, coastal, mountains and flats, its really huge aswell and i simply like it very much :D

The setting will be somewhat japanese, its my favorite buildingstyle so you know what you can expect.

I will try to bring some different settings by useing the terrain, doing small, medium and huge cities,

you also can expect nature, traffic-networks, airports, parks (though i still have problems useing the real-highways, hope i will improve with the new NAM :P )

i will try to post frequently new updates and i hope you wont get bored :)

thanks for your interest, i have the first pictures in the pipeline.

Lance