• Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A fictive Japense region called Kamiyama

Entries in this City Journal

art128

30 - Random pictures

Thanks for the comments guys. :)

So, 20 days without an update... And Here I am with a few pictures for you from around the region. As you can see below, I've extended it to the left, making a shoreline with a seaport. I think It's the best way for me to play the game, extending a small region a few tiles each time I finish them.

(All pictures are available in full size, 1280*720)

aymsoh.png

vnawbk.jpg

A closeup of the airport. I still need to work on the ground markings as it's really bare right now.

bxuhup.jpg

One of the dam up the river. The lake at the top is a popular area for tourist, hikers and people in need of relaxing time in the several hot springs hotels.

pqhmip.jpg

The lake has its own marina for the rich and the less rich.

fcjgda.jpg

Back in the city, a Kamiyama main line local train passes a freight train near the local substation.

qvazmr.jpg

The suburban railway line.

mwvngp.jpg

rrhkih.jpg

zuscgs.jpg

xpolcl.jpg

xlopyy.jpg

A shrine on top of a little hill in the southern suburbs.

I hope you liked this small update. :)

art128

29 - Downtown pictures

Hello guys. :wub:

Firstly, I had to discard my previous region again. Since I changed a bit my computer (went to Intel HD4600) I had lots of graphical glitches once I opened the region's tiles. Creating a fresh new region was alright, though I still had glitches when building certain building on slopes. I also can't use the lot editor with HD4600, the window flashes and doesn't display anything correctly.

I'm probably going to buy new things for my PC soon:

Case: This one is an oven. 80°c when playing Simcity4, barely 50°c when idle.. I'll go for a mATX mid tower.

PSU: I recently had two case of USB power surge when plugging my mouse to charge it, and it's strange that I often have HDD dying for no reasons. A friend of mine suspects my PSU is finally giving up after two years of heavy usage.

HDD: My internal Seagate 3TB died again. (I already RMA'd it once) so I'm going to buy a 2TB from another brand, to see if it's more reliable.. Luckily, my external 3TB backup is intact and up to date. I'll also buy a 1TB HDD to store games on it.

GPU: Yeah, Going to get a 750ti I think. It'll solve much if not all glitches I have with SC4/lot editor and intel HD4600. Plus I want to play some games at 720p with a good framerate.

Enough tech speak, more simcity.

Since the graphical glitch I had with my previous region, I went ahead and created a new one from scratch. Originally a 3x3 medium city tiles, I finished it and expanded it to a 5x3 med city tiles. Style stays the same, Japanese. I also upgraded the NAM and to my surprise all of my mods are still working and I now have overhead lines on my railways. :)

Without any more words, here is the first update. It consists of random pictures from the central tile. Click on the pictures for full size. (1280x720)

wdkrer.png

There are currently 261.600 inhabitants in the region.

I've also created two maps of the region: The Subway map and the general road map

The subway lines and the suburban railway line (in blue on the subway map) are administrated by the Kamiyama Public Transportation Bureau, which administrates the bus lines in the region too.

apfbye.jpg

The central station at night. Beautiful building by gobanboshi (right menu > simcity > all three links under "●追加プラグイン")

oaczge.jpg

The station during the day.

fltamq.jpg

The Shinkansen station. It serves the Hokuriku Shinkansen.

zqjnju.jpg

The city hall building. In front of it is the terminus of the suburban railway line. The station is named " Chūō (中央) " and is a railway, subway and bus hub.

nkgxnn.jpg

jbvmae.jpg

This area is located west of the central station. The Kamiyama main line continues straight west while the Fukui line goes north here.

dasgjz.jpg

Same thing as the previous picture but east of the station. The Fukui line makes a south turn while the Kamiyama main line continues east.

rzxnqu.jpg

Some Danchis located south of the downtown.

kljgzl.jpg

brcrhv.jpg

The indoor sports arena, located just a few meters from the Chūō station.

And that's all for the moment. As you can see I have a lot of places to show on the region, and even more to be completed.. :)

Hope you liked this update. :wub:

art128

28 - Kamishima

Thanks for the comments, guys! :wub:

Firstly, I've updated the airport. I just remodelled it a bit, adding a bigger terminal but still remaining in what I call small airports.

qsezok.jpg

Today I've got an update about the small island: Kami-shima

Click on the two thumbnail to get the region view and the transport view.

lqhrsd.jpgyglpvc.jpg

ifgknt.jpg

djxkxd.jpg

ohqxoh.jpg

ljflvq.jpg

zaxben.jpg

czeeji.jpg

vwprpf.jpg

vwlgds.jpg

tznecw.jpg

kzlvqe.jpg

dxdbqt.jpg

bpmqbv.jpg

Hope you liked this update. :wub:

art128

27 - Airport tile

Thanks for the comments guys! :wub:

Here's where I am with things: I have three BATs left to do. One is a 1x2 building in inspired by a building in Toyama, the other one is the 2x1 Fuji latex building. That one was done but unfortunately had a lot of light bleeding. I couldn't be bothered to track down where the light bleed so I decided to take it down and start from scratch, haven't done any work on it though. And finally the last one is the overpass I'm creating for my friend Dantes. I had a version done but I think 10 tiles long is a bit... too much. I have an idea in my head how to make it better and smaller though.

Here's the toyama building as it stands right now.

iuhfeu.jpg

Now onto the update.

So, well you can guess it. I started yet another region. This time I decided to switch from big city tiles to medium tiles. I think it's more fitting for what I want to do. Plus I can never manage to finish an entire large city tile correctly.

Here's the region. it's a small 3x3 medium city tiles.

mcqsxy.jpg

And let's start with the update. Today I have a mosaic that shows the airport and its surrounding plus two pictures.

click for full size

arokwg.jpg

xfxqme.jpg

scqbcx.jpg

trxadq.jpg

fkvbvx.jpg

gbptvq.jpg

owlbci.jpg

zrbtvv.jpg

fthmet.jpg

asbenk.jpg

:)

art128

26 - Downtown revision

Thanks for the comments guys!

I've realized the past few weeks that although the mountain in the region was nice, kind of a Mt Fuji like, it too way too much place and blocked half of the region. I decided to delete it. As well as the general shape of the region. The river/canals I wasn't satisfied with how they looked and the cities as well. You might think "what, again?" and well, yes, again. It's like a curse or something.

So today I present you the xth version of my region! It's a 3x4 big city tiles with the three at the top being filled with water. I'll probably add two island there. (Kamishima and Hashima)

The update is about the new version of the downtown.

glmdcw.jpg

jumjmq.jpg

wnxfxt.jpg

wjufug.jpg

iachhk.jpg

euvtoj.jpg

bmrayw.jpg

art128

25 - Akihabara

Thanks guys! :wub:

So today I've got an update for you about the Akihabara ward in Kamiyama. Basically it's like the real one, the "electric town".. Shopping district specialized in computer parts, electronics, anime and manga merchandise. Akihabara is located north of the central station.

msivby.jpg

kfejdd.jpg

jkqrwv.jpg

vvjcqp.jpg

fnexpf.jpg

amxyag.jpg

wqcwdb.jpg

uirxdf.jpg

ztztql.jpg

eazfbj.jpg

I hope you liked it. :wub:

art128

24 - Enoshima Rev1

Hello, thanks for the comments! :wub:

Today we'll see some pictures from the revised version of Enoshima.

gtkfdx.jpg

avklqy.jpg

tnfkbt.jpg

cfdsep.jpg

wrcwpc.jpg

Click on the picture for full size.

jifzkt.jpg

The train station located on the mainland. People have to cross the bridge to access the Enoshima island.

pobhzh.jpg

The old town composed of older buildings.

stappg.jpg

The new observation tower is also a tall lighthouse.

sikctz.jpg

A traditional hotel.

tbsmct.jpg

The old lighthouse was replaced by the newer taller structure seen previously. It is now the museum of the history of Enoshima.

luimnd.jpg

A beach located near a shrine.

I hope you liked this update. :wub:

I'll try to make the next one about the Akihabara area of Kamiyama... If I have the BATs ready. :wub:

art128

22 - Hakone Onsen

Thank guys for the comments! :wub:

In the news. I've added some new tiles to my region, to the south of the Mount Kamiyama. (well actually Kamiyama already means God's Mountain as kami=god and yama=mountain, anyway.) At first I created it to be a separate region, something as a break from my usual one, but then decided to merge them here as I thought it would look good.

Oh yeah, on a side not, Region census only renders 3/4 of the region, the " bottom " part is left out. Any idea how I could fix this? It's really annoying to go back to the game and snapshot the missing parts one by one.

So yeah, today we'll be focusing on the town of Hakone, which is (as its real life counterpart) a touristic hot springs area. (Onsen)

gtkfdx.jpg

vrpgyw.jpg

mndgwq.jpg

rckies.jpg

cwclmw.jpg

svtyly.jpg

xvnuzo.jpg

As always thanks for the comments, hope you guys liked yet another update from me. :wub:

art128

21 - Sado Island

Thanks for the comments guys. :wub:

Update time!

Today I have a mosaic ready for you from Sado island, north of the region.

Please read: The shadows are turned off because my computer can't handle them anymore. I have no idea why but each time I have them and try to move or play the simulator it lags and eventually crash. I don't know why, nor do I want to look for a solution at the moment. So please, don't comment to say " lol ur shadow are off!!! " because I'm well aware of that, thanks. That will just upset me more than anything. thank you. ;)

Now onto the update. :) I have created a basic map showing the main places and transports of the region. I'm really bad at making maps though, this explain the inferior quality. :P

Click here for the transport map.

gtkfdx.jpg

owrzzf.jpg

pkrvkt.jpg

gnuhma.jpg

wixnwm.jpg

dximms.jpg

hjnmzw.jpg

ycyijt.jpg

vtmyzp.jpg

iiwejn.jpg

fntnge.jpg

xmobpx.jpg

zucxtc.jpg

Here you have it. I hope you liked this update. :wub:

art128

20 - Central 01

Thanks for the comments guys. :wub:

I went back to my previous sidewalk mod, the HD one was giving me some issue with train stations and diagonal filler lots.

Today I'm going to show you some picture of Kamiyama ( the city, yes. :) ), mainly the four principal train stations. (Shinkansen, JR lines, Seibu and Keio)

gtkfdx.jpg

I've reworked a bit the region. Modified the port area, added some flood dam for the river and the little lake, added a onsen (hot spring) area and extended the water 1 tile further to add the island of Sado as well as the Enoshima island.

click the pictures for full size.

unpiee.jpg

The Shinkansen station.

ffmbki.jpg

The central JR station.

zknris.jpg

The Seibu terminus.

corugt.jpg

The Keio Terminus.

kgpkyu.jpg

I hope you liked these pictures. :wub:

art128

19 - Hata

Thanks for the comments!

I started yet again the region from scratch. I hope this time will be the good one. :)

Today we're going to see a rural town called Hata. The railway stop here is a reverse one of the MiKa-Tetsu railway.

Region view. A transport map (made in 5 minutes, sorry!) is available here

vtcmky.jpg

vmiexe.jpg

cnxmmr.jpg

mwknwm.jpg

epjvpn.jpg

iffhpv.jpg

Click for full size.

sfuuej.jpg

I hope you liked the first update of the new region. :)

art128

18 - Imizu 2

Thanks for the comments. :wub:

Today just a small mosaic from the more rural side of Imizu. This time we're at the east, just between Imizu and Enoshima (see map).

lnigcc.jpg

tgfzdi.jpg

hbhhrg.jpg

sdgktc.jpg

Hope you liked it! :wub:

art128

17 - Sado

Thanks for the comments guys, makes me happy. :wub:

Today we're going to see a bit more of Imizu Island but this time a little bit more rural with the coastal town of Sado.

lpetqc.jpg

njkaoq.jpg

vmwmgu.jpg

wgnitz.jpg

sbjazx.jpg

art128

16 - Imizu

Thanks for the comment guys. :wub:

Today we're going to continue our tour on the northern island with the town of Imizu.

There is a single track railway line on this island, named the Echizen Railway. The station on the picture isn't the termini but a reverse station.

ejcoul.jpg

paouam.jpg

ehswyd.jpg

abebbp.jpg

art128

15 - Enoshima

Today we're going to see a very touristic area of the region, the island of Enoshima located north of the region.

yxzuck.jpg

thtynh.jpg

csiiij.jpg

eslfug.jpg

erdxca.jpg

fuwibv.jpg

faabwy.jpg

zxmyzz.jpg

comota.jpg

Hope you liked this update! :wub:

art128

14 - Sendai 2

Thanks for the comment guys! :wub:

Sorry for not updating before, I was a bit busy playing other games and BATing.

Today update has no region view. For some reason region census refuses to open my region. Too bad because I've changed most of the region again. But this time I've found a layout I'm actually happy with.

Anyway, this update will be about Sendai again, from another angle.

pvwzpz.jpg

jysepj.jpg

ycgzcg.jpg

dinzia.jpg

toucxe.jpg

lqtycf.jpg

ruprwj.jpg

I hope you liked this update! :wub:

art128

11 - Kamiyama Central 1

Been a little while since my last update. I've been busy rebuilding my region from (almost) scratch. Here are the first pictures from Kamiyama central. I'm still in the process of BATing the central station. Which the platforms are done ( modular! ), but the three huge buildings are still at the first stone..

i6a4u.jpg

m5b5g.jpg

q81cm.jpg

qc9ac.jpg

hb82z.jpg

p52fj.jpg

aa4ch.jpg

w1aew.jpg

click for full size.

I hope you guys liked this update! :wub: :wub: :wub:

art128

10 - Hakone 3

Today is the last update from Hakone. I've started working on the major seaport, it's going to be big and beautiful. :)

I'm not really liking how this updated turned out though..

0Sj7.jpg

4Ad0.jpg

6Dq2.jpg

6Uv0.jpg

0Gy9.jpg

9Kc7.jpg

3Dw6.jpg

5Tc7.jpg

9At5.jpg

6Hc8.jpg

Hope you liked this update! :wub:

art128

09 - Hakone 2

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated. :wub:

As stated in the previous update, we'll have two updates of mosaics of Hakone, starting today with a single mosaic.

4Ud3.jpg

8Tk0.jpg

0Ef5.jpg

5Fs0.jpg

3Bj7.jpg

0Te3.jpg

7Mi0.jpg

I hope you liked this mosaic. More to come next week end. :)

art128

08 - Hakone

Hello!

Thank you guys for the comments! :wub: :wub:

Today, we are going to see a city called Hakone. Hakone is onsen[link] located in the mountains and accessible by car, but most people prefer to take the scenic train that goes up the mountain. The city is mostly known for its hot springs located along the river Kami (Kami-kawa, literally god's river) and the Fallingwater museum near the waterfall which attracts lots of tourists all the year.

The mountain over Hakone is called Kami-Yama (God's mountain). The region is named after this mountain. This mountain is named Kamiyama because people have worshiped the mountain as God's mountain in the past.

6Zc9.jpg

2Fl8.jpg

the Hakone train station. The 485-300 Series EMU make the travel along the mountain, down to Wakamatsu where they reverse and go to the terminus, Kamiyama.

5Ur8.jpg

1Jh1.jpg

9Za1.jpg

The Fallingwater museum.

5Zt7.jpg

The oldest onsen in the city (right) dates from the last years of the Meji era. Despite its old value, it is not the most visited onsen in the city due to the fact that it is located close to the city center.

9Ru4.jpg

4Ne5.jpg

I hope you liked this update! Next time we'll see more of this town with mosaics, and during autumn!

-Arthur

art128

07 - Morioka

Today update will be about the city of Morioka ( not the real one..) located south of Kamiyama. the city is located along the river. On its banks you can find baseball fields, relaxing area and golf courses.

The Kamiyama stadium is located in this city.

Region view first.

Click for fullsize

0Ij3.jpg

M01_zpsc7d35a58.jpg

M02_zpsd7bdd6cb.jpg

M03_zps4ffe8f35.jpg

M04_zps92d7ce76.jpg

M05_zps60088d06.jpg

M06_zps40ce3661.jpg

M07_zps01efbd30.jpg

M08_zpse38d7cd4.jpg

M09_zps517889a6.jpg

M10_zps4610b5f4.jpg

I hope you liked this update!

art128

06 - Wakamatsu

Seems like I kind of forgot this CJ..

No in reality, I had some issue preventing me to update.

First I got a little bit distracted from Simcity, again. I'm sorry I promise this is the last time! :cry:

Then, I got some issue with my game, kept crashing all the time. Seems like a fresh installation of both the game and the NAM helped that part.

However a few days after that, my Windows 7 decided not to boot again. Bummer. Tried the Windows recovery on startup but it didn't help. When booting into Ubundu and checking the disk health, it seems my main drive ( a 640GB Westerb Digital Caviar Blue, from my previous prebuilt computer) had a few bad sectors, which means very likely that the hard drive is dying, so I can't rely on it anymore.. Not even for backup or light storage. On that day I had to take 86€ out of my saving to go buy a new hard drive for a fresh windows installation..

After these events, I kind of lost all motivation to go on with my region. And result of that made me delete my region, simply. I was bored with it and some older tiles weren't up to my building standards. I then went to hunt for a few regions but didn't find anything that suited my needs. Then again I had to make a new region... made the greyscale map but it never loaded ingame, god knows why. To that effect I decided to go back again on the Kamiyama region (made by Moonlight) but slightly modified to add some mountains.

When the region was done I tried to play around with the tree controllers. Unfortunately the awesome AERDEN tree controller either didn't give me the result I hoped or just never worked correctly for me (even after a clean plugin folder! ) So I went back to CP's Meadowshire controller. I also changed my terrain to Sudden Valley which I quite like the color.

Oh and in the meantime of all that I did some 3D, mainly three things: Kamiyama Airport terminal, the central station (40x28 tiles!) and the shinkansen station..

ETA on the three:

-The Airport modeling is 80% done, just need some additional roofjunk and inside furniture. Textures are a hell to make so this is going to take some time. Don't except any ingame pictures of it for a few months.

-The Central station is coming along. Platform are almost done, just need some texturing and work on the roof + details. Concerning the three main buildings of the station, they're not started at all yet, but it's not the most difficult to do. On my original plan the station has the tracks 10m higher than the ground. But as requested by a certain Reindeer I'll make so that the platforms & building are compatible with every height you want. being 7.5, 10, 15 or ground. All parts of the station will be released separately (platform - building 1 -2 - 3) and in HD.

-The Shinkansen station is 80% done in modeling. the textures are easy to do. However I'm blocking on the tracks. the station is for the monorail (moonlight's shinkansen mod) and has four tracks ( two platform serving two tracks, and the middle two for non-stop trains.)... I don't know if I should texture them? or Model the tracks? I was hoping for Moonlight's answer on the question but I haven't heard about him for a few months. I hope he's OK.

Oh also ETA on my buildings from Tokyo:

They're all in the hands of Noahclem for the midding and Rayden for the readme. This way i'm sure there is going to be the most top quality. There will be no installer as I'm not a fan of that. Expect them soon on the LEX.

uhm, that's about it I guess. With all these events I still managed to put up a small update today.. I give you it's not the best quality update I made but I'll prevent my MD to fall inactive for too long!

First a region view shall we:

This is the present state of Kamiyama (click for full)

7Wt6.jpg

As you can see the most important infrastructures are already layed out. I started developing a small town at the bottom right corner of the map.

This town is called Wakamatsu. It is named after the real town of Aizu-wakamatsu which I really like.

M1_zpsb1875d02.jpg

M2_zps37d6c3e1.jpg

M3_zps8ce575e0.jpg

M4_zpsf91a7675.jpg

M5_zps80974808.jpg

This update is actually a week old... i'll get back to post the new one from today in a few days. :)

Hope you liked!