• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Visit One of the Most Glorious Nations Around!

Entries in this City Journal

§haÅ--Ñ€ §hÅŽo

Header.png

Replies:

Hazani Pratama: Thanks.

ggamgus: Understandable. I do need to show more of Shayden culture, though most cities which do host the Simlympics are Metropolises. Thank you for your comment and I will work on culture more.

Snugies: SimCity 5, which will be out as soon as Half-Life 3 is released and EA decides not to be cheap.

111222333444: Thanks.

Forthwall: Thanks, I love them. They make my airport more unique compared to everyone else's. :)

k50: Thanks, I'll work on my culture then to make it more appealing. Also I will build lower density once I leave the center of the city (as time as real life lets me do it anytime soon.)

Jack³: Thanks platonic butt buddy.

Lord Branham: Thanks!

Geometry: Haha. :P

RepublicMaster: Thanks.

UndercoverNinja12: Thanks, that was what I hoped for.

Prophet42: Thanks!

Just a random update with a few new annoucments. First of all: Shayden has a new Flag, Coat of Arms, and Official Seal:

Flag:

Flag.png

Coat of Arms:

Coat%20of%20Arms%20of%20Shayden.png

Seal:

Seal.png

Second of all, I can now announce the upgrade in effect for Shayden. Pictures will now be in 1280x720, rather than 1000x562. To celebrate this (and apologize for the lack of updates), here are some pictures of cities all around Shayden which you should remember in the new resolution. This will basically be a summarization update of new comers.

Picture%201.png

Aureus Tholus, the Capitol of Shayden located in Smith City.

Picture%202.png

Commerical District, Smith City.

Picture%203.png

The National Mint. This is the only location in Shayden, and the only nation (besides Acadia) who can legally produce the Sent.

Picture%204.png

Downtown Harrison City.

Picture%205.png

Commercial District, Harrison City.

Picture%206.png

Harrison Stock Exchange, Harrison City. This stock exchange is the New York Stock Exchange of Shayden.

Picture%207.png

Anthony, located in Cartier.

Picture%208.png

Triton, located in Monsainstallen.

Picture%209.png

Ditto.

Picture%2010.png

Spartanburgh, in Sussuraste

Picture%2011.png

Ditto.

I apoligize for yet another scattered, basically pointless update though real life has kept me really busy and this is just another update to point out that I am alive. As soon as I can recollect myself I will be focusing on showing more of Shayden's culture. Also if you make a comment asking for links then I will delete your comment.

§haÅ--Ñ€ §hÅŽo

Introduction.png

Replies:

111222333444: Thanks!

Ace❤: Lol thanks!

ggamgus: Thanks!

dubaidude303: Thanks!

k50: Thanks, and as long as I have the time I shall. ;)

Schulmanator: Thank you.

TayMay27: Thanks! Modular Parking Garage for the win!

Hazani Pratama: Thanks!

chamakh_7: Is in there if you read the passage.

Bauke_N: Erm, thanks. I could maybe, PM me if you stay interested?

NMUSpidey: Thanks, the roads were the largest investment.

DMANLOVE: Use the Modular Parking Garage mod.

StanislavSoltys: Thanks

city89: When you gain a set of manners and decide not to use my updates as a Content Catalog, then I may send you some links.

Prophet42: Thanks.

newyorka: Thanks. I get my buildings from ST and SC4D. I used the Modular Parking Lot to make that lot. :P

City Builder 9111: Thanks!

RepublicMaster: Thanks, and yes. > :)

kj3400: Thanks!

Okay, I am going to establish this now. No more begging for links, and no "first" comments. Both comments are very disrespectful in my opinion. You are being warned now.

Well, as I hinted last update, I am planning on bidding to host the 2014 Summer Simlympics. So I decided that I will show why Harrison City would be the right city for the Simylmpics (sort of a pre-bid if you will. ;))

Picture%201.png

Tourists will arrive at Harrison City from Harrison Airport by a privately owned airliner. Though the Airport Industry is owned by the

government to maximize safety. The planes in the picture are used for International Travel.

Picture%202.png

Just another picture of the Airport. The planes in this picture are used for regional or national travel.

Picture%203.png

We have finally reached the city, though it's getting late. We can sleep at one of the many hotels in Harrison City for the night.

Picture%204.png

The night life makes the city even more beautiful then it already is.

Picture%205.png

Can you seriously look me in the eyes and say a city this beautiful at night doesn't deserve to host the Simlympics?

Picture%206.png

Good morning, the time is 9:00am (AUT -5). Speaking of 9am, the Harrison City Stock Exchange just opened...

Picture%207.png

Wish to buy some stocks? The Harrison City Stock Exchange would be the best place to gamble, unless you dislike gambling or losing.

If you lose money, don't come crying to us. We gave you fair warning.

Picture%208.png

This only begins the Sports Park, where most of the Simlympic events will be held. Tennis field and a Track can be spotted.

Picture%209.png

This is the indoor arena. Here many sports will be played, such as Badminton, Basketball, Boxing, Fencing, Gymnastics, Handball,

Indoor Volleyball, Judo *big gasp of air*, Shooting, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Trampoline, Weightlifting, and Wrestling.

Picture%2010.png

This is the Football Stadium. This stadium will hold many of the other Simylmpic events like Football.

Picture%2011.png

The field can also be transformed for Gridiron, so events like the Rugby Sevens would be a breeze.

Picture%2012.png

This is where sports like Baseball would be held. Batter up!

Picture%2013.png

This is the picture we will leave with, a picture of the skyscrapers.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed.

§haÅ--Ñ€ §hÅŽo

Introduction.png

Replies:

ggamgus: Thanks! Acknowledged and edited. :)

Ace❤ : Lol, you think I was worse beforehand? ;n; Also danke, acknowledged.

TayMay27: Thank you.

Forthwall: Thanks!

Hazani Pratama: Thanks.

111222333444: Thanks, and taken care of old friend.

Huston: Thanks, and like I said, situation improving. :P

jack3oh3 Thank you my brother.

Forthwall: Danke schön.

B.C Builder: Thanks, and I agree. Population was edited.

Benedict: Thanks, and I did. No one seemed to care. :P

Alex_1210: Thank you.

juscourtney83: Thanks, but you will probably be reconsidering that after you see this update... xD

Jillybean86: Thanks!

I'm really sorry for the month hiatus. Real life came by and decided to rustle my jimmies quite a bit. Thanks to awesome people and terrible people life has been a roller coaster for a month. I can't even decide whether school ending in two weeks is a good thing or not. Though my schedule looks to be like this for a while so don't expect organized update times.

Welcome to Harrison City!

Harrison City is the New York City of Shayden. It is the most populous city in Shayden, and a global city. Harrison City It holds a significant impact upon art, culture, commerce, education, entertainment, fashion, finance, media, research, and technology. The Harrison Stock Exchange is located here, and the world's largest stock exchange per total market capitalization of its listed companies.

Map.png

Harrison City resides in New Athanos, which was one of the original colonies after the Colonies War.

Picture%201.png

Harrison City is the most populated city in Shayden, and one of the populated cities in the world with over sixteen million citizens.

Picture%202.png

The night life is just as busy as the day life. Though I think we can agree that the night life is more beautiful...

Picture%203.png

Picture%204.png

Just because it is a very large city, doesn't mean it doesn't have any open spaces.

Picture%205.png

The lights stabbing into the night soothe and relax your soul like no other.

Picture%206.png

Harrison City has many architectures within it, from Euphemian (American) all the way to East Althenan (Asian).

Picture%207.png

Business occurs even when the sun is down.

Picture%208.png

Farther out view of the city, showing the many businesses such as hotels, offices and the government owned bank.

Picture%209.png

This is the soccer field located inside the sports center, which can also double as a football field:

Picture%2011.png

So theoretically if I were planning on bidding/hosting the Simlypmics in the Summer of 2014, this is where I could hold quite a few of the events. ;)

Picture%2010.png

This is the parking lot used to for sports center. So if I were to theoretically bid for the Simlympics, this would be used as parking. ;)

Alright, thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed the update and I hope you enjoyed the hint/teaser. ;)

§haÅ--Ñ€ §hÅŽo

Introduction.png

Replies:

dubaidude303: Thanks!

ggamgus: Thanks, I'm glad to know people enjoy the written details!

City Builder 9111: Thanks! I love Lot Editor :P

k50: Thanks! That means a lot for me, especially coming for you. :)

Schulmanator: Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. :)

111222333444: Lol thanks. We will probably be coming back to Smith City later on to show more of the city.

kamran azam: I had to modify it to make it the way it was.

ImanRafidin: Thanks!

jack3oh3: I know right.

city89: No.

Guys, I understand I may have mods that you may want. But does that mean you need to be rude and only make a comment to ask for the link to them? The vibe I get from those asking for links is: "I only came here because I use your pictures as a Content Catalog.". If you can't enjoy my updates for the content, don't expect me to give you a link.

Back to the update,

Welcome to Anthony!

Location.png

Anthony is located on the coast of Cartier. Cartier was added as a Shayden state in 1887 as the 30th State.

Picture%201.png

Anthony has a total population of around 900,000 people, which makes it the 16th largest city in the nation. (Updated 4/20/13, was previously 170,000) It continues to grow to this day.

Picture%202.png

Picture%203.png

This fine city even has its own fine baseball team. The Anthony Armory has made it to 3 Shayden Series in the past 20 years, and won one of them in 2005.

Picture%204.png

Anthony was close to the gold and silver mines during the Cartier Gold Rush, causing much of the wealth from Gold-Mining to be used to build up this city.

Picture%205.png

Climate Change on Adonia has been a major scare in Shayden, especially in Cartier. The entire nation is working on cutting pollution to reach its Federal Mandate.

Picture%206.png

This is the slum of the city. While poverty is lowering in the city, it is still an issue that needs to be confronted.

Thanks for reading! Sorry for the short update, but I am dealing with real life stress and stuff I wish would just go away. Oh well, see you guys later.

§haÅ--Ñ€ §hÅŽo

Introduction.png

Replies:

Schulmanator: Thanks, and fixed it. ;)

ggamgus: Do eet, you know you can't resist.

Forthwall: Thank you!

MamaLuigi945: Lol, thanks. Also great job on the song. :P

111222333444: Thanks.

Alex_1210: Lol, thanks!

RepublicMaster: Thank you sir.

city89: No. :D

jack3oh3: Thank you, you're the only one who is always there for me. :P (Get on Skype more D: )

Adjiebrotot: Er, thanks? Also yeah, because the person who made my flag decided to just copy over some already used Coat of Arms and edit it a little.

Today, we will be visiting the fine capital of Shayden named Smith City. On 1801, the Capital Act was signed making Smith City the capital of Shayden. Smith City holds the nation's Representatives, and President. Representatives are voted on by the citizens of that state, and the number of representatives for each state are determined by the population and the Federal law. At the moment one Representative represents 1,000,000 people, that was set into law in 1984. Back then Representatives only represented 500,000 people.

State%20Representatives.png

All of Shayden's Dependancies recieve and share two representatives, making the total number of Representatives in the Federal Council to 320.

The Aureus Tholus, Latin for "Golden Dome", is the Capitol of Shayden. Here Legislators meet up and create laws that benefit the nation and its people.

Picture%201.png

Picture%202.png

This is the convention center, right beside the Aureus Tholus. Here many conventions are held and almost any convention can be held there,

as long as it doesn't promote law-violating actions and it can be payed for.

Picture%203.png

There are many small businesses in Smith City, they sell goods and services which in turn helps preserve the rich economy Shayden

has to this day.

Picture%204.png

Picture%205.png

The outer part of Smith City, beside the Baseball Stadium. The businesses close to the Baseball Park get a lot of customer from the baseball fans.

Picture%206.png

Thanks for reading! Sorry for the lack of activity, but I recently got a new laptop and had to set up Ubuntu and Windows 7 on it (I played SimCity 4 on Windows 7, I still need to get it set up for Ubuntu which Nonny Moose is helping me out with).

Thanks and see you next time! :)

§haÅ--Ñ€ §hÅŽo

Introduction.png

Replies:

ggamgus: Thanks!

MamaLuigi945: Indeed, and thanks!

Schulmanator: Possibly, we'll visit Caligula sooner or later and you can make a decision then. ;)

spursrule14: Thanks!

111222333444: Thanks!

PhatHead: Thanks for reading and enjoying! :)

SilverCyric: No problem, thank YOU for reading and enjoying! :)

garrulus: My my, to the point I see.

Hellken: I can see you are too the point as well.

Aaron Graham: Thanks! :)

Pobs: Thanks for reading, and I guess another fellow member already found it for you. :)

Ace❤: Grass doesn't clean the air like trees though! Thanks for enjoying.

Benedict: Thanks! I hope my future updates give the same effect.

Khalil1987: Lol, glad you liked the trees I guess?

Simfarmer89: I'm not sure whether I should find these demands for tree mods as a good thing or a bad thing...

titanicbuff: Lol yeah, Shayden has oil reserves, and is transitioning to newer resources (Biomass, etc).

Corydreinhardt: Thanks, I'm glad you liked it so much! :)

dabadon5: Thanks! :D

Follarch: They want me for my plugins! Lol thanks, and Shayden would love to have Folland foreigners move in. :P

garrulus: Thanks for finding the link for me! :P

SimcityFuturist: Thanks!

Saathoff37: Thanks! :)

spursrule: Woah, thanks! :D

Since quite a few members wanted a link to the tree mod I used,

Alright, today I am going to talk about money. As you know almost every country uses a currency of sorts to serve as a medium of exchange.

Shayden and most countries on Adonia are no different, Shayden uses the Sent. The Sent is the Adonian equivalent of the U.S Dollar

before the recession hit.

Shayden and its neighbor Acadia established the currency in the 1780's after the Colonies War (Shayden and Acadia's revolutionary war)

in order to establish their economy. The Sent is one of the world's dominant reserve currencies to this day has been adopted by many

other nations such as Antonia and Fraesia.

The Sent is produced by Shayden and Acadian Government's and is only legally produced in Shayden and Acadia as said in their

constitutions. Shayden produces the Sent at the National Mint located in the capital Smith City:

Picture%201.png

There are multiple forms of the Sent. Though the most popular bills are the §1, §5, §10, §20, §50, and §100 Sent bills. The subunit of Sents

are Pents, there are 10ῥ and 25ῥ coins. 1ῥ and 5ῥ coins were discontinued in 2005 due to lack of buying power and expensive production

costs. Prices are rounded to the nearest tenth if you pay in cash, but price stays the same when you use a credit card/check.

Picture%202.png

(To see the Sent in full size, click here. Please do not use these, it took me months to make all of these and I don't plan on tolerating

people who steal or copy/rip off.)

When converting the Sent into U.S Dollar (though that would never happen since the United States doesn't exist on Adonia), $1.00 is

worth §0.79 and §1.00 is worth $1.27.

A Loaf of Bread costs §0.80 and a Gallon of Milk costs §2.13.

To finish this update off, here is a word from our sponser:

Picture%203.png

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed. :)

§haÅ--Ñ€ §hÅŽo

Introduction.png

Replies:

Forthwall: Thank you.

Schulmanator: Thanks! :)

ggamgus: Lol, thanks. I really appreiciate it. :D

sucram17: Thanks!

Fox: Lol yeah, I doubt I'll be making many more CitiesXL updates though.

Megan Fox: Danke.

Ace❤: Thanks! :D

Rex12345: Thanks, I really appreciate it. C:

IL.: Thanks, I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

RepublicMaster: Thanks bro! :D

InvaderNat: I don't usually play it either, I just decided to put it to use after sitting on the shelf for a year. SimCity 2013 < Cities XL < SimCity 4

KonstantinII: Reading is a nice ability to bear, don't you think?

jack3oh3: Indeed there are, but no one is interested in those. ;)

Jamonbread: Thanks! I'm glad there is a community of Cities XL modders. This update wouldn't be successful without them (I found a majority of my mods at XLNations).

titanicbuff: Yeah, that is one of the problems I have with Cities XL. As you zoom out more, the cars turn into black boxes, making them harder/impossible to see under the shadow of skyscrapers.

I'm back with SimCity 4 for this update, but first I want to address the Trixies:

I would like to thank everyone who nominated me for 3 Trixies and helped me win CaptCity's Tough Guy Award (I don't mind the typo by the way). I am honored and plan on updating more seeing I was even a thought during the nomination period and I don't update often. I don't think I deserve the Trixie, but I won't complain. Instead I am going to update more, and go deeper into Shayden culture.

Today we are going to visit a humble rural community in Monsaintallen named Triton!

Location.png

Triton is a rural community located in Mid-Shayden (Full State Map here).

Picture%201.png

Triton has the basics of any city, a police and fire station, schools, a hosipital, residents, and jobs. Though we have way more trees than

a typical city.

Picture%202.png

The Gas Station on the left provides us with our fuel needs for only §1.19 ($1.50) per gallon. If you are ever hungry or need to stay

a night in a hotel, I suggest you go to the place on the right (I suggust you try the breaded chicken and homefries)!

Picture%203.png

I definitely wouldn't mind living here...

Picture%204.png

Picture%205.png

Feeling bored? Why not play a game of baseball! It is fun and good for you!

Picture%206.png

Hurt yourself while playing Baseball? No problem, just come to the hospital! Your health insurance/state (about 4/5 of all Shayden

states participate in the national universal healthcare program) will cover it!

Picture%207.png

Picture%208.png

Finally we end with this picture, a view of one of the neighborhoods. By the way, that house that looks abadoned really isn't. The

shadows of the trees make it look that way.

Thanks for viewing! Next update I plan on going into more detail about Shayden currency the Sent! See you then!

§haÅ--Ñ€ §hÅŽo

Introduction.png

Replies:

Huston: Thanks!

ggamgus: Thank you!

RepublicMaster: Thanks.

Fox: Not a bad suggustion, I will definitely try it, thanks. :)

clarkjordan12345: Oh nice, I can gladly send you a link over on the USNW site. :)

Alright, for this update I decided to use Cities XL 2012.

Location.png

In this update we will be visting a city in the state of New Athanos named New Haven. New Haven is the third largest city in New Athanos with

a population of over 1.3 million people. It is also the eleventh largest city in Shayden.

Picture%201.png

Picture%202.png

Picture%203.png

Picture%204.png

Picture%205.png

Picture%206.png

Picture%207.png

Picture%208.png

Picture%209.png

Alright, this is all I've got for now. Which city should I visit next time? Come back to New Haven (if there is another update here I will add captions), go to Spartanburgh, or go to a new

city? Post it in the comments. Until then, g'day.

§haÅ--Ñ€ §hÅŽo

Introduction.png

Replies:

Amerikaner: Thanks! :)

Forthwall: Thanks, and thanks. :P

Fox: Lol, thanks. :)

NMUSpidey: Lol, you got the reference. :P Also thanks!

clarkjordan12345: Erm, I'm not quite sure if they would fit in Utgard. These houses are more of older American houses (19th Century to be exact). If you still like them after this update I can send you the link. :)

LinkinParkMan123: Thanks!

RepublicMaster: Thanks bro!

ggamgus: Lol, thanks.

TayMay27: Thanks.

grstudios: Thanks, I hope I can keep it that way. :D

StanislavSoltys: Thanks!

10000000000000: Lol, I'm not that good, but thanks though :P

Welcome back to Spartanburgh!

Welcome back. I thought it would be nice to visit Spatanburgh one last time, to look at the historical city some more. First here is a mosiac I made:

Mosaic%203.png

Picture%201.png

Picture%202.png

Picture%203.png

Picture%204.png

Okay, that is all I have. Sorry for the repetition, but Spartanburgh is a repetitive city. We will be moving on next update to the new town. Until then enjoy!

§haÅ--Ñ€ §hÅŽo

Introduction.png

Replies:

RepublicMaster: Thanks!

Fox: Thank friend. :)

Forthwall: YOLO (Kill me now)

Ying Blanc: Thanks.

kj3400: Shayden 756.0 is more like it :P

ThomasSimpson: I decided to have the history changed so it was more realistic, and becoming independent was one of those things done for the sake of realism.

Welcome to Spartanburgh!

Spartanburgh is a small 19th Century town, which is officially an Adonian World Heritage Site. Spartanburgh was built during Shayden's major expansions in the later 18th Century, after the Colonie's War. The town currently has a population of around 100,000 people, who to this day enjoy living in the same houses which settlers lived in during the Shayden expansion.

Picture%201.png

This quaint neighborhood has been populated for over 2 centuries, and by the looks of it these houses can hold at least a century more of citizens.

Picture%202.png

Picture%203.png

Beside the 19th Century Houses are some of the newer house built shortly after the expansion hype left Spartanburgh area. Crops help

feed the population and produce money for the farmers who worked hard to make the crops.

Picture%204.png

The town is lively even at night, this town almost never falls silent.

Picture%205.png

Picture%206.png

Some of the more recent houses built in Spartanburgh. These houses were built in the late 19th Century when the cars were first being made in Shayden.

Picture%207.png

A local gas station used for fueling cars. Bio-fuel is offered as well as Shayden is attempting to slowly end its dependency on nonrenewable resources, which also opens many new markets for new businesses to pursue.

Picture%208.png

The nightshots never get old for me...

Picture%209.png

This is the local school, where children go to learn. The soccer field is for recreation and gym class.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed the update! Hopefully see you next time! :)

Also: January 25th is my birthday, so yay :D

§haÅ--Ñ€ §hÅŽo

Flag:

Flag%20of%20awesomeness.png

COA:

COA%20very%20small.png

Shayden%20map%201.png

Nation Name (Longest Official Form): Shayden Federal Republic

Nation Name (Native Form): Shayden Federal Republic

National Anthem:

National Motto: "Quid de unitate" (What about Unity)

Capital: Smith City

Government: Federal Presidential and Constitutional Republic

Prime Minister: (L) Ronald Smith

Official Language: Trenntannian

Population: 317,324,168 (2012)

Area: 4,700,882 km2

Population Density: 67.5 km2

Climate: Arid, Mediterranean, Semi Arid, and Tundra

GDP (§40,303- Per Capita): §12.804 trillion

Currency: Shayden Sents (§) (§1.00=$1.27)

HDI: .918

Drives on the: right

Internet TLD: .shy

Telephone Code: 1

Pictures:

Picture%201.png

Picture%201.png

Picture%201.png

Picture%203.png

Picture%202.png

Picture%204.png

History:

Shayden was founded in 1609 by Posilliponian explorers. Since then, it has attracted immigrants from all of western Althena, particularly Posillipo and Trentannia. In 1779, Trentannia taxed its Euphemia colonies to pay debts from a recent war. This outraged many Euphemians. In 1780, Acadia and Shayden declared themselves independent from Trentannia, and started the Colonie's War. After 9 years, Acadia and Shayden became independent when the Treaty of Erikkson was signed. This treaty ceded all land west of the Shaydian colonies to Shayden.

During the GAW, Shayden was a huge supplier, and was a major regal force. After the GAW, Shayden became very nationalist, and a new flag was introduced. Companies that were incorporated before the flag change have the privilege of bearing the old flag.

Today, Shayden is a very successful nation with large influence upon other nations, the world's strongest military, and an excellent healthcare system.