• Moose
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

The Kindom of Kaibesia is a fictional country, located in Southeast Asia. The core region of the nation is located on a peninsula south of Vietnam, another important province is part of...

Entries in this City Journal

feliwi

In this update I will show you my first trials in Colonial Spanish mixed with Asian architecture like you can find it on the Philippines. I had to re-lot a lot and tried to make it as realistic as possible, so hope you like it, I will give some explenations as well:

An essential subject in Philippine cities is the church, so here you go:

img0509.jpg

This is a very wealthy city (a bigger suburb in my planned agglomeration), so you find a lot of greenery along the roads and avenues:

img0512.jpg

And as in many cities there are also some channels running through the city:

img0511.jpg

img0513.jpg

And of course the city needs public transportation to reduce the massive traffic jams alongside the avenues:

img0510.jpg

feliwi

Important announcement

Important announcement

I'm very thankful for all the support to make this CJ possible, but I have one important announcement. As there hasn't been an update for a long time declare this CJ as closed. I'm currently working on new massive project, which will be the continue of the Kaibesia project, a fictional

metro area located on The Phillipines. It will be similar to Kaibesia but have its own unique touch. Maybe I will continue Kaibesia as well, but first

the focus of my work will be the new project.

Probably I will post some shots here as well to see what you think or what can be made better.

So probably some updates will follow soon, but as I'm quite busy with university, updates will be quite rare

feliwi

UPDATE  10:

building progress - teaser shots

(around the city of Malpassar)  

As I'm very busy at the moment I'm not able to play a lot. Nevertheless here are some teaser shots of the area I'm currently developing.

Let's start with the area around Malpassar International airport:

img0496.jpg

Cathay pacific from Hongkong landing down:

img0497.jpg

A lot of low-wealth houses and warehouses spread next to trans-Saha highway:

img0498.jpg

We're leaving Malpassar to drive to Saepenang. Note the picturesque coastline:

img0499.jpg

feliwi

UPDATE  9:

The natural wonders of Don Sak

(one of the country's most picturesque areas) 

Today I will show you one of the natural sights in Kaibesia. We leave the area around Krung Thanbu to Saha province, which will be the focus of the next updates. Located on the island of Borneo we're in the non-Buddhist and Muslim part of the country. Unfar the capital city Saepenang is the area of Don Sak.

The land is mostly forested with some little cliffy islands, white sand beaches, lakes and and hills.

Here's an overview shot:

img0471.jpg

As you can see there are several old and new villages. Lisburi is the biggest one, followed by machiyu industries village (a new settlement of one of the country's major corporations. Another new "village" is the Don Sak hotel village.

So let us take a look at the machiyu industries village:

img0472.jpg

Wouldn't you love these white beaches?

img0473.jpg

Forests:

img0474.jpg

Here you can see the Don Sak outlet mall, a place for very cheap shopping:

img0475.jpg

A closer view to the village of Malong:

img0476.jpg

Rice paddies:

img0477.jpg

The village of Lisburi:

img0478-1.jpg

More forests:

img0480-1.jpg

The old coastal road:

img0481.jpg

And wonderful lakes:

img0483.jpg

feliwi

UPDATE  8:

Downtown Krung Thanbu - 2nd part

(the city core of the capital)

img0454Kopie.jpg

I'm really sorry that it took that long until a new update is published, but here you go. Today's update continues showcasing the huge downtown of Krung Thanbu. This time I decided to make 2 mega-mosaics instead of the simple slides.

The first one begins near the central station and goes across the river to the new financial district of Padong, but better take a look, there'd be too much to tell you about the buildings . . .

mosaic1-1.jpg

Here comes the second mosaic . . .

mosaic2-2.jpg

The mosaics should be bigger, but I'm not allowed to upload to huge pics, I'm really sorry!

feliwi

UPDATE 7:

Downtown Krung Thanbu

(the city core of the capital)

img0454Kopie.jpg

Krung Thanbu is the capital of Kaibesia and with more than 10 Mio inhabitants in the agglomeration the largest city in the country. In the center you can on the one hand find the CBD and on the other hand parts of the remaining old town such as the King's palace or temples.

Here you can see an overview shot of the area, in which the old town, city parks and governmental buildings are located:

img0449.jpg

Around this area the CBD spreads to all directions, such as on the other side of the river shown in the picture:

img0448.jpg

On this picture you can see the city hall an one of the most crowded skytrain and metro stations in the city:

img0452.jpg

A closer look to the station, which is located right next to the city park, one of the city's green lungs:

img0453.jpg

Finally a closer shot to the remaining old town:

img0450.jpg

And . . . another surprise:

The building progress at the new airport, where the construction of the new runway already began:

img0455.jpg 

feliwi

UPDATE 6:

A new airport being planned

(some details about Krung Thanbu's new gateway to the world)

As the current airport of Krung Thanbu is overcrowded and became much to small to handle the increasing amount of air traffic in Kaibesia, the government decided to build a new airport for the Capital Region. As the region is very densely populated and empty land is only available far away of the city center, it was decided to expand a governmental and military airport to the sea.

Here you can see the current airport:

img0443.jpg

As the water is very shoal it won't be very difficult to recreate the new land for the airport. For the first expansion step the current runway will be kept and later refurbished, an additional parallel will be built, and a new terminal complex next to it will constructed:

img0443Kopie.jpg

Finally here you can see an architect's impression of the arrival area of the new terminal:

palmsescalator.jpg

For now it's not sure whether the current military and governmental facilities will stay or moved to a new another airport, at least the will stay for next years but in the future the space could be provided for a new terminal. Here you can see some more shots of the current facilities at the airport:

img0444.jpg

img0446.jpg

And finally some rice fields!

img0445.jpg

feliwi

Travelin' by train

UPDATE 5:

Travelin' by train

(taking a look at the railway system of Kaibesia)

1-1.jpg

What I will show you today is a nice mixture of different cities, connected by one topic, railway.

To put it in a general there are several rail lines in Kaibesia. Their condition is very different, some lines still are small single rail tracks, and some are high-seed lines.

But nearly all lines start in Krung Thanbu, the capital of Kaibesia. There are two stations, central station (all lines) and eastern station (only to the east).

Here you can see the Central station close to the downtown Krung Thanbu:

img0435.jpg

Although the hall with the tracks is quite old, the station itself was just renovated and connected to the metro. Here you can see the modern entrance to the station:

img0436.jpg

One of the disadvantages of the Kaibessian railway system is that there are all types of trains, old ones (often more than 30 years old), and also new trains. But the big advantage is that it is really cheap. Take a look at the variety of differen wagons:

img0437.jpg

img0438.jpg

When leaving the inner city of Krung Thanbu one can see the contrasts in the Kaibesian railway system. Nearly all old tracks were kept for commuter and freight trains and new tracks were built beside. Compare the different standards!

img0440.jpg

Here you can see a more suburban area of Krung Thanbu, small homes mixed with super markets and squatters:

img0441.jpg

img0442-1.jpg

Hope you like my update, the next update will contain more countryside pictures!

feliwi

UPDATE 4:

Poth Aram

(an old Krung Thanbu suburb)

1welcome.jpg

Today we take a look at Poth Aram, the city located directly west of Krung Thanbu and a few kilometres north of Lungang. In contrast to Lungang the city is quite old and not as young as Lungang. For this reason the roads are less wide, the density of builidngs higher and so on.

Here you can see an overview:

img0422.jpg

The roads were improved some time ago, so now there is a lane on both sides, which is used for parking, local traffic and pedestrians. In the middle cars and trucks are able to go far faster than on the outer lanes, some kind of urban expressway. We enter the city coming from the airport:

img0423.jpg

As you can see the are is very wet here as well. For this reasons ages ago men began to build channels. The low areas directly at the channels are the cheapest ones to buy, because they're are in danger of yearly flooding. For this reason alsmost only squatter settlements were built there.

On the following picture you can see the elvated suburban rail station of Poth Aram:

img0424.jpg

We follow the wide boulevard to the west:

img0425.jpg

Like everywhere in Kaibesia and around Krung Thanbu Buddhist temples beautificate the cities:

img0426.jpg

One of the more densely built disitricts of the city:

img0427.jpg

Wider channels are an excellent location for office complexes, which can be found everwhere in Poth Aram:

img0428.jpg

This is how ordinary Kaibesians live. Although it looks a bit slummy and poor, the areas can't be compared to usal slums. The crime rate is low, education is high and all houses have got electricty fresh water and calalisation:

img0429.jpg

img0430.jpg

Now let us take a look at the city center of Poth Aram, where you can find a plenty of shops, markets

and offices:

img0431.jpg

img0432.jpg

Finally we take a look at the biggest squatter settlement of the city:

img0433.jpg

feliwi

UPDATE 3:

The city of Lungang

(a Krung Thanbu suburb)

lungangsuburbcollage.jpg

After getting back to Krung Thanbu Int. Airport we will discover more of the area around Krung Thanbu. I will showcase you the city of Lungang, which is a typical suburb located between the airport at Don Maneng and the Krung Thanbu. Where rice fields were situated around 60 years ago, a booming new city developed, which has a total population of 150.000.

This is an overview of the city. You can still see the airport. Don Maneng is a district of Lungang today:

img0411.jpg

Manmade channels made it possible to settle the terrain. In the center of the picture you can see the oldest part, the "village" of Lungang. Apart from the temple in the bottom there are no special sights in this city, mainly condos, malls and factories symbolize the young city.

img0412.jpg

Especially the last 10 years were the booming years for the young city. As many buildings can offer sea view the prices of the condos are really high!

Let us follow the wide boulevard crossing the city from the airport to the river:

img0415.jpg

These wide boulevards are able to handle a lot of traffic. Also public transport system were built in here:

img0414.jpg

. . . to the eastern end of Lungang, where some huge super markets and malls are located:

img0417.jpg

Also the industry discovered the fantastic location of the city. As the port of Krung Thanbu itself is very overcrowded the country's biggest shipyard (HYUNDAI docks) were built here:

img0419.jpg

feliwi

UPDATE 2:

Visiting the island of Ko Mangang

(the small island in the sun)

First of all I have to announce that there is an official website of the country, which can be found here!

Today we leave Krung Thanbu and visit a small Kaibesian island, called Ko Mangang!

Enjoy the video and don't forget to switch on your speakers!

feliwi

UPDATE 1:

Krung Thanbu International Airport

(An overcrowded airport, bordering its absolute limits)

collagefinished.jpg 

Today's update is about arriving in Kaibesia. For the moment Krung Thanbu International Airport in Don Maneng is still the biggest airport in the country. It's very overcrowded and already borders its limits. For these reasons a new airport is planned and construction will begin soon.

But let's return to KTI:

The airport is base and hub of several airlines, such as KAS (Kaibesian Airline System), the first private airline in Kaibesia, operating the new A 380. Another airline is Kaibesian, the nation's flag-carrier, operating Learjets for domestic service and B 777 for international service and special domestic routes.

The most important domestic destination is Saepenang, the most important international one Bangkok and Tokyo.

img0338-1.jpg

On this picture you can see an overview of the airport. As you can see there is a golf course between the two runway, which was meant to be an etablisment for the King. The airport is very close to the coast, for this reason there are several channels, which dewater the once wet field. Another aspect you can see on this picture is the variety of airlines serving Krung Thanbu. From all major Asian carriers to European and US airlines, up to airlines like QANTAS or ANZ!

airportcollage2.jpg

Another collage of the airport, hope you like it!

img0367-1.jpg

"Krung Thanbu Tower, this KL 5011, we're landing down on runway 9 left"

Now I'll just post some more airport shots, some of you may know pictures yet, but I tried to mix up old and new content!

img0339-1.jpg

This is the oldest aviation facility, buildt in the 1950s.

img0389.jpg

Let's fly the new A 380, flight KA boarding to Tokyo!

img0386.jpg

What a heavy plane! KAS A380 waiting for its all-clear!

img0355-1.jpg

Let's get picked up by a air-conditioned taxi and go to Downtow Krung Thanbu!

img0387.jpg

Kaibesian and Palmair jets! Fly them and you will reach every single landing strip allover the country.

img0390.jpg

The fire brigade at the airport.

img0360-1.jpg

Have a pleasant and send Japan our regards!

feliwi

Introduction

INTRODUCTION:

The Kingdom of Kaibesia

(An upcoming nation in Southeast Asia)

satteliteview.jpg
This pictures shows, where Kaibesia is located

[Visit the country's official website!]

Kaibesia is located on a peninsula (Samut region), which is located south of Vietnam and Cambodia, on Borneo island (Saha province) and on several other islands such as Ko Wan, Ben Wat, Ratchawan and others. The capital is Krung Thanbu, other important cities are Mae Suya, Pretunam, Saepenang, Malpassar, Chiang Ben, Senyong, and Beng Dao.

overview.jpg

On this picture you can see the country's most important cities and islands

Although the country still is a developing country and hit by the current economy crisis the country's economy is still rising with quotes around 10% per annum. One of the most important commercial sectors is tourism. Due to the unique landscape and diversity of Kaibesia's flora and fauna the country is a very popular for both Asian tourists and travellers from Europe and the USA.

The country is a constitutional monarchy and mainly embossed by the influence of Buddhism. Although Muslims can be found as well (Saha Province) Buddhism is the "country's religion"

More will follow soon, until then enjoy my collage picture, showcasing different shots!

introcollage.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0