• Moose
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A recreation of a Rocky Mountain-style city, with a little Denver, Indianapolis, and Columbus feel to it.

Entries in this City Journal

ez_money412

Downtown Santiago

About Downtown

Downtown Santiago is situated on flat land due east of the Corrado River.

blogentry-156146-0-36611400-1346039706_t

Titus Street (Route 40/Route 6) is the main east-west street in Santiago. Central Avenue (Route 250) is the city's main north-south street. Interstate 20 runs to the east of downtown Santiago, and the Innerloop (Corrado State Route 601) loops around downtown Santiago, starting at I-20 north of the Titus Street exit, and reconnects with I-20 on Santiago's South Side.

Route 6 in downtown Santiago runs along Titus Street from I-20 to North River Avenue, where Route 6 then continues westbound onto West 3rd Street and over the 3rd Street Bridge, which eventually leads to the West 6th Street Expressway, which connects Santiago's west side and western suburbs with the city center.

State Labor Board Building

blogentry-156146-0-87037700-1346040263_t

The Corrado State Labor Board building, on West Titus Street between Miller and Corrado Blvd., is a classic example of Santiago's diverse architecture. Once housing the Federal Courthouse at Santiago, the primary use of the State Labor Board Building is to hold labor hearings, disputes, and other functions as opposed to holding them in city/county, state supreme, or federal courts. In addition, many of the state's employment services, such as credit unions, labor union offices, and various staffing services. are also located in the building.

WestBank Tower

blogentry-156146-0-16802400-1346040006_t

The WestBank Tower (official address 200 East Titus Street) is Santiago's tallest commercial office building, at 781 feet and 42 stories. Located on the block bordering Titus to the south, 2nd Street to the north, McNaughton to the west, and Grace to the east, much of the building houses offices for WestBank, as well as a full-service WestBank branch on the building's main floor. Other tenants include law offices, psychiatrist/psychologist offices, real-estate brokers, and other service-sector related businesses.

Capitol Square Complex

blogentry-156146-0-13696200-1346041372_t

Corrado's state capitol building is located in Capitol Square. Central Avenue dissects around the Capitol building itself, surrounded by parks and the State Reflecting Pool. Much of the most expensive real-estate in the state of Corrado is located on the blocks north of the square.

The next post will center around some of Santiago's neigborhoods, as well as a couple extra tidbits. Enjoy Santiago!

ez_money412

The City and County of Santiago, located on the eastern fringes of the Stephanie Mountains, is my latest and will be my most-detailed creation.

About Santiago

Santiago is based primarily on Denver, Colorado and its' suburbs, but is also loosely inspired by other large, flatland cities such as Indianapolis and Columbus, Ohio. To the west of Santiago are the Stephanie Mountain ranges and little mountain towns (some outer-ring western suburbs are actually going to be situated in the mountains), and to the east of the metro area is farmland and small farming communities. I have built a river running through the central area of Santiago City/County (much like Denver's South Platte River), and situated the downtown area on the river's eastern bank. I will be building all of this on a 68x68 large tile map (VERY large, I know) with Santiago and the suburbs situated in the center of the map. I will admit to "cheating" a little bit (95% of the downtown area is plopped), but I am growing all residential/industrial development and much of the commercial outside of downtown will be au naturel as well.

Denver has always intrigued me, and I've always wanted to attempt a recreation. But as is my style of CJing, I like to create from inspiration and imagination and make it my own.

To give you guys an idea of what the city will look like, I have decided to post a couple teaser pix...

blogentry-156146-0-96446300-1345885043_t

This is a teaser of downtown Santiago (so far), facing north-south. As you can see, it is far from complete.

blogentry-156146-0-10274900-1345884557_t

Teaser of the State Capitol Building at Capitol Square, in downtown Santiago.

My next post will include a map of the immediate Santiago area, as well as more pictures and detailed information on the city and surrounding areas. Within the week, I will have more Santiago for you all! :D

Enjoy!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0