Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

real life alaskan Mass Transit networks in Simcity 4

Entries in this City Journal

Necropolis

My bus System in Anchorage, Alaska continues to grow. This map looks a little different from my other one of Anchorage becasue now im playing on Anchorage by Drunken Apple instead of Anchorage by NHP. My Bus routes now connect to Spenard district along the route going though Arctic Blvd. in time ill get some ridership numbers there. North Campbell lake is where most of my routes are so its the most built up. its numbers grew even larger since my last update here which was Anchorage People mover Overview 4. Dimond Center is where i intend to grow more. even though i put in more bus lines here the system did not show a big gain. and the region population is still growing, but its not having a big impact on the bus use. also theres rail road tracks being built in these region but so far i cant get my train passenger service to work.

Statistics

District Name.......Current.....All time high

-------------------------------------------------------------

Dimond Center........................140.........158

Airport Terminal......................550...........850

North Campbell Lake............1490.........1590

Spenard.....................................0...............0

Necropolis

My bus System in Anchorage, Alaska continues to grow. This map looks a little different from my other one becasue now im playing on Anchorage by Drunken Apple instead of Anchorage by NHP.

Statistics

Dimond Center...........150.........160

Airport Terminal..........550..........775

North Campbell Lake............1250.........1300

Necropolis

In this expansion to the Route 7 Line my bus line has come to within walking distance of the site for where the old town center for Spenard city used to be. the amount of bus trafic in the city district called Airport Terminal to which Spenard is a part of has exploded in ridership numbers. if this expansion continues i can make the line continue past spenard to eventually reach downtown Anchorage district which is the next District in the inbound direction after having passed though the Spenard and airport district.

Necropolis

Fairbanks overview 4

In this update to the Fairbanks mass transit you can see that i completed the Grey Line. The Grey Line is the northern most of the Bus routes. There is only a small section of the North College District that has a bus route so i think that its system has already reached a peak in maximum volume. the districts of College and Downtown on the other hand have much of there districts covered by Bus lines so there volumes are stageringly higher than North college. Im having a problem with the district of Farmers Loop the only way i can get the rider volume up is if i build a lot of medium density but i have not done that yet.

Statistics

Name...........Train(cur).....train (Atm)..........Bus(Cur).....Bus(Atm)

North College........42............50...................375.............440

College................800........1550.................2750...........2900

Downtown..........1190........1300.................1390...........1600

Farmers Loop.......n/a...........n/a...................110.............115

Grael-Hamilton.......22..........75...................1300..........1400

South Fairbanks...n/a.........n/a.....................400.............700

Birch Hill n/a.........n/a..........n/a.....................900...........1200

International Airp...n/a.........n/a........................0.................5

Ladd Field................0............0........................0.................0

Fort Wainwright.........0...........0........................0.................0

E.Fort Wainwright......0...........0........................0.................0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

much of the figures are skewed because im using alot of medium density buildings. so later on i might try a population shrinking strategy in order to make the system more like it is in the real world.

Necropolis

Fairbanks overview 3

Here in this update to the mass transit system of Fairbanks you can how much of the Bus system i have rebuilt sim my game got erased a year ago. In addition to my usual purple line meaning bus lines i also have for the first time a Orange line present on this map. This orange line represents the Light Rail mass transit network.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Statistics

North College........42............50...................325..............400

College..............1275........1550.................1510...........2005

Downtown..........1275........1300...................430.............610

Farmers Loop.......n/a...........n/a...................110.............115

Grael-Hamilton.......55............75...................600............850

South Fairbanks...n/a.........n/a.....................120.............135

International Airp...n/a.........n/a........................0.................5

Grael-Hamilton acres is the newest city district to begin having mass transit since my last update. its train system is still not finished. North College is finished but there's only a small piece of the railroad on its map and it only has the one train station but you will also notice that now north collage also has Bus statistics. Don't worry about Farmers loop its bus system is not finished yet. It stayed small because its very far and remote for me to reach by Bus. but there's only one bus line that was completed and its supposed to have another bus line later that runs though north collage but its not on my Paper city map so i have to use my state atlas which could be inaccurate at such a zoomed out scale.

Necropolis

Here in this update to the mass transit system of Fairbanks you can how much of the Bus system i have rebuilt sim my game got erased a year ago. In addition to my usual purple line meaning bus lines i also have for the first time a Orange line present on this map. This orange line represents the Light Rail mass transit network.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Statistics

North College........50............50...................n/a.............n/a

College................870........1500..................740............1100

Downtown..........1205........1210....................62...............95

Farmers Loop......n/a...........n/a.....................23...............24

Fairbanks is unique in that it has two kinds of mass transit it has buses and also Light rail.

On this map i drew in Brown spots along this orange line. each Brown spot represents a Train station. in order from West to East these train stations are named as follows. North college ,Ester crossing ,West college ,College (Downtown college) , west aurora ,east aurora , Downtown (Downtown Fairbanks). the system later is ment to be exspanded into the grahl-hamilton Acres sim city district. This train system is called the Alaska Railroad. so far the station with the highest use is College. but eventually after downtown gets built up that station might see some use as well.

Necropolis

In this picture you see most of the South Eastern quadrant of the Fairbanks Sim City4 region. my computer crashed a while back so i need to recreate all of my City journals. this picture shows the current progress in the far south east corner of Fairbanks ,Alaska. None of the transit route are highted but this region later becomes very significant area that the mass transit network covers. The green Line ,bus line is the only bus that connects to lands beyond this sim city region and its exit from the region and the green line is eventually going to be built and shown on this picture.

Necropolis

The District of West Juneau (Downtown) builds a new 2x2 sized Bus station. after this feat the Bus Volume in this district eventually grew to 490 units of volume. In real life All 3 Juneau bus lines use this bus station. Even the branch that goes across the river on the 10th street (Douglas) bridge. that route is called the Douglus/West Juneau Route. the other 2 route go north bound to mendenhall valley they are called the airport express and also the mendenhall/University route.

Necropolis

I have completed the Busline though Lemon Creek. with only the Bus Spur Branching off the main line heading to the shoping mall in lemon creek needs to be built. also i need to build the lemon creek shoping mall.

Statistics

District name......Current....All time high

West Juneau...........490.........490

N.Fish creek.............275........275

Mendenhall Valley.....890........900

Lemon Creek............200.........200

Necropolis

This is the Current state of the Mass transit system in Fairbanks ,Alaska. its not nearly as finished as Juneau is. but on the other hand it is way more built then my Anchorage Mass transit network. one of the flaws of the Fairbanks map is is that its not very detailed. im not going to be able to put in every street in the downtown area. a few of the streets will have to be removed because theres no enough space inbetween to have decent sized city blocks. also im not going to bother naming places south of the Tanana river because that section of my region map is uninhabited in real life.

Necropolis

Iv continue to Develop the Bus System. Dimond Center now has much more Mass transit traffic then before. its grown from a sleepy hamlet to a bustling town of 1000 people. Mass transit in Dimond center is at a all time high. The District of Campbell Lake is decreasing in Bus Traffic because i removed a Bus Line and now its traffic is more like the real world Version. Airport Terminal is Un-Finished its projected that it could reach 1000 Bus traffic but its difficult to plot the courses of really long Bus lines.

Statistics

Dimond Center...........400.........460

Airport Terminal..........475..........480

Campbell Lake............275.........430

Necropolis

As you can see in this picture i have put alot of work into the Juneau Mass transit network. so far i have 3 sections that do not touch each other. its my dream to eventually conect them all. Juneau alaska is the largest of the 3 Alaskan transit networks i have built. in real life Anchorage is the largest. i have been working on the Juneau map for 2 years since 2011.

Statistics

District Name .....Current.........All time High

West Juneau.............250.........300

N.Fish Creek...............61...........80

Mendenhall Valley......890.........900

Necropolis

The population of the region Grew by 10% from 10 thousand people to 11 thousand people. but my Mass transit System is getting less usage dispite the now larger customer base.

Statistics

District Name........Current..........All time high

Dimond Center............2.....................18

Airport Terminal.......360...................425

Campbell Lake........275...................430

I reduced the Size of the mass transit in Campbell lake. in real life the only bus line in this district is the small piece shown on this map. I barely built anything in Diamond center. But this city tile is the end of the Line for Bus route 7 becuase this is Where Dimond Shoping mall is located. Building this mall and conecting it to my mass transit system will transform the district of Dimond center from a unimportant place to a major place.

Necropolis

About a year ago i begun work on the Anchorage people Mover. this is what i built so far. The Purple Marker lines Indicate parts of Route 7 on the People Mover Network. so far they have not been conected. but i have not played on the Anchorage map in over a year.

Statistics for this Bus system

District Name..............Current.......All time high

Dimond Center.............2.....................18

Airport Terminal........405...................425

Campbell Lake.........425...................430

Statistics for Campbell lake are skewed because i had the bus traveling on Dimond Rd and connecting with Jewell Lake road on acident. it was supposed to conect with Jewell lake road Via 88th street which i have not built yet.

Necropolis

I have built the roads for this line but so far no development. the actual amount of tiles for the university proper bay was like a hundred local tiles so it would take some planing. im going to use New york cities Lincoln Center. or whatever that thing is called. there will also be ordinary college buildings plus i would have to figure out where the university gift goes. I have used the Edmonton water prop on the Auke Lake water tiles because they are above sea level. Also i wated to point out that technically this is the end of the line becuase at this location you can no longer get masstransit along the water front because the other city tile districts would no longer contain bus stops on them in real life.

Necropolis

i built a safeway store on the actual spot in west fairbanks. The name of the buses are redline and blueline both go in opposite directions around fairbanks and encircle it. i also added part of the international airport but its only one piece. the redline and blue line bus lines are the focus here. on the juneau map its a specific bus line to go to former auke bay census designated place (cdp) ,alaska but theres a safeway store in juneau international airport city tile near there.

Necropolis

in this pic you can see i named all the streets. i finnally widend the 10th street bridge. but the 10th street bridge is kinda lonely . no where else in the entire region is there a transit link to douglas island. forget of rail road becasue none exsist in the entire sim city region one bus leaves the map after crossing into west juneau neighborhood it then goes east into the east juneau sim city 4 region which no one ever uploaded. this bus heads to a town named douglas which is not on this region. juneau has county government so all towns are part of greater juneau city government. 2 city tiles are part of angoon goverment they are east funter and east lone mountain. but there uninhabited nature park areas.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0