• Entry
  • Comment
  • Views

About this City Journal

Entries in this City Journal

Chesh

1930 - colonisation.

Hello, hello!

I recently stumbled upon CSGdesign's natural growth CJ, and reading it made me want to both give the concept a go myself, and also to record the progress here as I go. I've never done this before and I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I'm just planning to go along with this for however long I can stay interested.

So, without further ado, I welcome you to the previously undiscovered region of Maine:

blogentry-491247-0-13490300-1344841659_t

Maine is a small and relatively flat region made up of a headland and two fairly sized islands. There are a few other islands scattered around here and there as well, but it'll be a while before anyone has reason or means to travel to their shores.

So, it's 1930 and for reasons unknown one bright man or woman decided to board a boat and sail to lands unknown with his or her crew of sailors and all of their extended families. After sailing for a considerable amount of time the boat washed upon the shores of Maine's largest island, an island of which remains unnamed on account of there being more important things to do rather than sitting around choosing names.

It was at this time that the crew of the insignificant boat suffered a schism, which for those of you who don't know is a fancy word which here means that half of them wanted to stay where they were and the other half wanted to sail on to someplace more suitable. After a lot of kicking, yelling and name calling, the sims who chose to stay were thrown overboard, where they suffered concussions, and upon waking up remembered nothing of how they came to be where they were. (We all know how hopelessly confused the simlish can be). The other half then sailed onwards for a short while, before becoming stuck in the shallow waters on the coast of the mainland, although at the time these sims didn't know it was the mainland. Upon getting off the ship, they too fell on their heads, suffered concussions and had no recollection of the events that bought them to where they were. In this way, their voyage was insignificant simply for no one could remember it.

The first bunch of sims began to establish themselves, using shells to clear trees, which they then used to build houses, as well as beginning to farm the land so as to provide them with food. (There's only so much fish a person can eat, real life and simulation alike). These sims named their settlement Chester. The second bunch did the same, although with more luck as indeed the headland was a better location for farming, and they named their settlement Oaksbay.

Chester:

blogentry-491247-0-52371400-1344843488_t

Oaksbay:

blogentry-491247-0-00581000-1344843406_t

The locations of both settlements in relevance to a map of Maine:

blogentry-491247-0-03986900-1344843344_t

And that's the story of how the region of Maine came to be home to it's first simlish. To continue on, or to not continue on?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0