• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

The 2012 Best Sci-Fi CJ and sequel to the 2011 Best Sci-Fi CJ

Entries in this City Journal

spursrule14

'ALONE'

*Well, this is it...the final entry. What a thrilling ride this has been for me, and I hope it has been for you too.

If you have ever commented in this CJ, please watch the video and stick around all the way through the credits...I think you will be pleased

;)

Well, what's next for me you may ask...I am returning to Earth with a new CJ...be on the lookout for it soon.

Until then, cheers

8)

-Cody (spursrule14)

P.S. Please vote in the poll above if you'd like...I'd like to know what your favorites were!*

KonstantinII

the glowing ball things are actually star holograms!!

:P

MilitantRadical

mission to mars was one of my favorite movies as a kid...haven't seen it in forever..need to watch it again!

:ohyes:

Huston, NMUSpidey

thanks to the both of you!

vp5y.png

aw2banner.png

k4em.png

CAPTAIN'S LOG

NUMBER: 00533

EARTH DATE: SEPTEMBER 23, 2085

MISSION DATE: DAY 4339

PLEASE VIEW IN HD AND FULL-SCREEN FOR BEST EXPERIENCE. HEADPHONES FOR ADDITIONAL IMMERSION. CLICK IMAGES TO VIEW LARGER.

https://vimeo.com/74767641

"We could live on this world...we could start a new civilization.

But it's just me.

But I know there's only one thing left for me to do...only one thing I can do.

Go back for them."

-Capt. Drake S. Eastman, U.S.S. Hubble 2

en6m.png

Original image below by

tiger1313 @ deviantART. Modified by spursrule14.

rtrp.png

rateandcommentbelow.png

aw2sigsmall.png

NOW SHOWING AT A SIMTROPOLIS NEAR YOU

----------------------------------------------------------

A City in Winter|Alien [|] Worlds|Alien [||] Worlds 2|Arrowhead|Best of the Best! - Weekly Edition (U VOTE!)|Dreams..|The Great ST SC4 Players Challenge

spursrule14

'INTO THE PYRAMID'

Huston

i had to look up Tuntau and see what it is...a planet w/ a pyramid in mass effect 1?? it must be on the pc version only cause i have it on xbox and have never encountered it before! *unless i missed a side mission or something*

KonstantinII, SimCoug

thanks for commenting!

:yes:

APSMS

ahhh...questions!!! thank you for thinking about these questions, because i have specifically created these two stories to have questions that the audience must think about, chew on, wonder about, imagine about...thus leaving one ultimate final question...will, or can, all these questions be answered in just two stories?!?!

;)

part3theorbtitle.png

aw2banner.png

ilb0.png

CAPTAIN'S LOG

NUMBER: 00532

EARTH DATE: SEPTEMBER 21, 2085

MISSION DATE: DAY 4337

PLEASE VIEW IN HD AND FULL-SCREEN FOR BEST EXPERIENCE. HEADPHONES FOR ADDITIONAL IMMERSION. CLICK IMAGES TO VIEW LARGER.

https://vimeo.com/74162622

"There is comfort here, and I have felt closer to home than I ever have. Yet there is a mystery inside...a large chamber with a star chart. One is highlighted above all the others..."

wy05.png

Original image below by

~wi-flip-ff @ deviantART. Modified by spursrule14.

64.png

rateandcommentbelow.png

aw2sigsmall.png

A City in Winter|Alien [|] Worlds|Alien [||] Worlds 2|Arrowhead|Best of the Best! - Weekly Edition (U VOTE!)|Dreams..|The Great ST SC4 Players Challenge

spursrule14

'THE SECRET'

**To those that have been following this story, even since the very beginning more than a year ago, you know that the story has been building to a climax. We have finally reached that climax. Keep scrolling

:)

APSMS

don't worry, i'm not going to pull a 'planet of the apes' lol! you wonder why drake would leave a perfectly good ship for a barren wilderness...well the motivations are purely psychological. he wanted out of the ship...there has been nothing but pain and suffering there for him, not to mention that he's also been stuck in it everyday for the past five months. he just wants out...wants to forget what all has transpired there...he wants to explore this planet the natural way...with his own two feet

Huston

you don't have to wait any longer to find out now

SimCoug

alien birds tasting like chicken...gross! lol

part3theorbtitle.png

aw2banner.png

xeyr.png

CAPTAIN'S LOG

NUMBER: 00531

PLEASE VIEW IN HD AND FULL-SCREEN FOR BEST EXPERIENCE. HEADPHONES FOR ADDITIONAL IMMERSION. CLICK IMAGE TO VIEW LARGER.

https://vimeo.com/73538100

"I continued following the footprints back up the mountain. I wanted to stop and turn back. But I couldn't. I wouldn't. I kept climbing and I reached an outcropping near the top of the mountain. I climbed up onto the top and looked over into a great valley. And that's when I saw it...the secret."

thesecret.png

rateandcommentbelow.png

aw2sigsmall.png

spursrule14

'GHOSTS'

KonstantinII

luckily he's wearing insulated boots!

SimCoug

thank you!!

Alex_1210

thank you! i wish more people would check this out...but i guess because i usually don't post multiple pics, or because this is sci-fi and not cities that some people aren't interested...it'd be nice to get more comments and views sometimes, so i greatly appreciate yours

Huston

a mystery cave would be exciting! but the even the most barren and empty cave would still be mysterious just by being on an alien planet!

part3theorbtitle.png

aw2banner.png

7zn.png

CAPTAIN'S LOG

NUMBER: 00530

PLEASE VIEW IN HD AND FULL-SCREEN FOR BEST EXPERIENCE. HEADPHONES FOR ADDITIONAL IMMERSION. CLICK IMAGE TO VIEW LARGER.

https://vimeo.com/73095449

"I woke this morning to wails and other strange sounds...sounds that were totally alien, yet familiar. I didn't know that I wasn't just hallucinating...maybe I was hearing the ghostly echoes of those who had come before me. I got up and walked toward the entrance of the cave, drawn out by the alien sunlight rising in the distance. And then I saw what I had been hearing...birds."

vcv2.png

rateandcommentbelow.png

aw2sigsmall.png

spursrule14

'CAMP'

darkaliendude

thank you, i do too!

NMUSpidey

thank you!

:) i am excited to be bringing this journey to a close as well

Ace

thank you!

Huston

it is in nothingness that we find so much...yes, you may quote me

Ultimate727

i haven't seen it yet, but am looking forward to!

KonstantinII

part3theorbtitle.png

aw2banner.png

dtn.png

CAPTAIN'S LOG

NUMBER: 00529

EARTH DATE: SEPTEMBER 20, 2085

MISSION DATE: DAY 4336

https://vimeo.com/72606967

"I'm exhausted. I've hiked for what seems like days. I have made a small camp up in the mountain, although I have no tent. I've holed up in a small and empty cave."

camp.png

rateandcommentbelow.png

aw2sigsmall.png

spursrule14

'TO THE MOUNTAIN'

Terring, SimCoug, gman28

mysterious indeed!

NMUSpidey

in that case this would be one SMALL planet

Huston

thank you, hope you enjoy this one just as much..if not more!

part3theorbtitle.png

aw2banner.png

q99w.png

CAPTAIN'S LOG

NUMBER: 00528

https://vimeo.com/72154500

"For what reason I don't yet know, the footprints end abruptly in the middle of the valley. The prints appear to be shaped like my own...human. I don't know what to think about it at this point. Maybe I don't want to think about it. Maybe the mountain holds the secrets."

ff4l.png

r5hs.png

NEED TO CATCH UP ON THE STORY? PLEASE VISIT

ALIEN WORLDS

rateandcommentbelow.png

aw2sigsmall.png

spursrule14

'FOOTPRINTS'

44sv.png

TowerDude

would you believe that eastman isn't the us civil war units? he's actually tom cruise from oblivion that i shrunk down and applied some effects to!

Huston

well technically my first snow entry came before yours, and the story here is taking place on a snow world, so...

:P lol

NMUSpidey, ggamgus, gman28, Terring, IL.

thank you all for commenting and following along, hope you enjoy the final 7 weeks!

part3theorbtitle.png

aw2banner.png

7855.png

CAPTAIN'S LOG

NUMBER: 00527

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b89cuw3N0o

"I'd been walking several hours...not knowing where I was going, but knowing I was going somewhere. I came into a large valley covered in snow, and I could see in the distance what looked like a path leading up to the mountains. A path made of footprints."

k2df.jpg

ALIEN WORLDS

rateandcommentbelow.png

aw2sigsmall.png

spursrule14

NMUSpidey

thank you very much, and glad to have you back on the journey with us!

KonstantinII

without a doubt that is SC4! but with some photoshopping too

ggamgus, Huston, IL, terring

thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it

part3theorbtitle.png

aw2banner.png

intothecoldtitlem.png

CAPTAIN'S LOG

NUMBER: 00526

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_AhA7y1cfY

"I am no longer in the ship...there's nothing but pain and suffering there. So I've gathered some supplies and a weapon, and headed into the cold."

newarcticaintothecoldb.png

newarcticaintothecoldmo.jpg

newarcticaintothecoldc.png

NEED TO CATCH UP ON THE STORY? PLEASE VISIT ALIEN WORLDS

rateandcommentbelow.png

aw2sigsmall.png

spursrule14

SABOTAGE

APSMS

welcome aboard the hubble 2! and glad to have you! thanks for your response to Rancois17's comment, it was much appreciated. and the movie clips from the sunrise entry were from Deep Impact

KonstantinII

not exactly sure what you meant by your comment...the somy ship is supposed to be the Hubble 2 in the context of this CJ so that's why you see it used a lot

terring, Wiecher, ggamgus, Huston, Tekindus, SimCoug

thanks to all of you for the continued support!

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE 1000+ VIEWS ON THE LAST ENTRY!

aw2banner.png

THE ORB

sabotagetitle.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5DyvkNHJt4

"Day quickly turned to night. And alien snow began to fall from the sky.

I got up and headed to Corridor 5. And that's when I heard Richards scream.

I froze and looked ahead, down the long corridor. There it was, floating slowly towards me, ready to complete its task. I turned and I was able to reach one of the control consoles. A glass wall dropped from the ceiling.

I dropped to the floor.

So it was you all along, wasn't it.

NO. NOT ALL ALONG. I HAVE BEEN IN HIBERNATION. BUT NOW I AM AWAKE.

So who woke you?

THE WINGED ONE AWAKENED ME.

Now it all makes sense. Now I know why we lost fuel..

I won't let you kill me.

I'M NOT GOING TO KILL YOU. WE NEED YOU, DRAKE EASTMAN. BUT EVEN IF I WAS, DID YOU NOT SAY, THAT IF I DIE AT THE HANDS OF AN ALIEN INTELLIGENCE, THEN I'LL DIE KNOWING I TRULY LIVED??

...that was a long time ago. How'd you know that anyway?

I KNOW THINGS DRAKE EASTMAN. I KNOW THAT YOU WILL BE OUR SLAVE. YOUR KIND ALWAYS MADE GOOD SLAVES.

And Richards? And what about him?

HE WAS EXPENDABLE. YOU ARE BETTER THAN HIM. YOUR CODE IS MORE DESIRABLE. IN ORDER TO TAKE YOU, WE NEEDED NO DISTRACTIONS.

You know, I've had a lot of free time, for a very long time now. I haven't just stared out into the abyss fighting off insanity like the others. I learned things. I read our databases. I learned about our history.

GOOD. GOOD. INCREASING KNOWLEDGE IS BEST FOR YOUR KIND. KNOWLEDGE, IS TO RISE TO THE HIGHEST PEAKS.

Or fall from them. Like your master. Azazel.

YOUR INTUITION SERVES YOU. IT IS ONE OF THE REASONS WE WANT YOU. IMAGINE, DRAKE EASTMAN. AN ENTIRE RACE OF YOU. IMAGINE WHAT WE COULD DO.

I'm gonna kill you.

I got up, and stormed to a nearby wall, and beat repeatedly on a panel with intense anger. The panel popped out.

YOUR ANGER WILL NOT SAVE YOU.

I reached into the wall and pulled out an automatic gun.

Yes it will.

I turned and aimed at the orb and fired. Bullets sprayed out, shattering the glass barrier.

It was finished."

sabotage.png

aw2sigsmall.png

A City in Winter|Alien [|] Worlds|Alien [||] Worlds 2|Arrowhead|Best of the Best! - Weekly Edition (U VOTE!)|Dreams..

spursrule14

NEW ARCTICA

newarctica1feature.png

:party:

2012trixies3wincutout.png

NOMINEE

BEST SC4 CITY JOURNAL

Ten years ago, I never imagined that I would still be playing SC4, much less receiving awards for it! Nor did I ever think it could be used for making a mashup movie or imagining what other worlds could look like! Everything that is created for this game, and the things we then do with them, is a testament to how amazing this game can be....in fact, most of the time for me it's not even a game...it's just another program for doing art!

Thank you to everyone who nominated me for Trixies this past year. I'm excited and glad to have once again won Best Sci-Fi CJ, and this time for Alien Worlds 2! I'm also equally excited to have been nominated for City Journal of the Year and Most Aesthetically Pleasing CJ.

A big thank you to my fans, followers, and lurkers. I enjoy getting to share my work with all of you! And another big thank you to the people who spend so much time making custom content for us...without you, Alien Worlds would not have been possible. I think I've only ever used two Maxis items for AW...the Great Pyramid and the Washington Monument!

-Cody (spursrule14)

ggamgus, NMUSpidey

thanks for commenting guys!

aw2banner.png

THE ORB

'NEW ARCTICA'

TYPE: PLANET

SYSTEM: 'X2'

GALAXY: UNKNOWN

DISTANCE FROM EARTH: UNKNOWN

LIFE: UNDETECTED

SURFACE COMPOSITION: ROCK, WATER, WATER ICE

SURFACE TEMPERATURE: -19°F

CAPTAIN'S LOG

NUMBER: 00524

EARTH DATE: SEPTEMBER 15, 2085

MISSION DATE: DAY 4331

**if the video is blocked you can click on the link below it to watch it on tinypic....sorry about that, it's cause i used part of the tron: legacy soundtrack

:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjpvNJOROVU

CLICK TO VIEW VIDEO

"I haven't made an entry in the last five months...I ran out of things to say. Nothing changed...nothing happened...just five long months of nothing. Then we arrived.

And we realized we weren't alone.

Richards was standing in Corridor 5, checking the instruments and preparing for us to explore the surface. I was sitting in the bridge, making preparations as well. That's when the computer flashed red...Code 0305. A room in Corridor 5 was opening from the inside. The room the orb was in."

newarctica1.png

snapshot1ml.jpg

snapshot2km.jpg

snapshot3er.jpg

snapshot4eb.jpg

snapshot6cf.jpg

snapshot9gr.jpg

Original image below by

Gryphart @ deviantART. Modified by spursrule14.

snapshot11w.jpg

aw2sigsmall.png

A City in Winter|Alien [|] Worlds|Alien [||] Worlds 2|Arrowhead|Best of the Best! - Weekly Edition (U VOTE!)|Dreams..

spursrule14

SUNRISE

ggamgus

yes! comets and other small solar system bodies (SSSBs) are waiting to be mined for natural gases, and each system may have trillions floating around, literally! :yes:

KonstantinII, NMUSpidey, Wiecher

there is a mystery at work, no doubt :ohyes:

MilitantRadical

i've been using videopad video editor free edition

SimRico, Huston, terring, SimCoug, Simul8ter8

thank you all!

aw2banner.png

THE SEPARATION

SUNRISE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iifgOhPo6CI

"It happened just before sunrise...we'd worked tirelessly through the night...that's when I felt it..the tremor.........................Richards and I tried to pull them back.....now it's just the two of us."

comet2.png

screen11bj.jpg

screen11ah.jpg

screen11cj.jpg

screen11dm.jpg

screen11ef.jpg

screen11f.jpg

screen11g.jpg

screen11ht.jpg

DON'T FORGET TO RATE & COMMENT! REPLIES WITH NEXT UPDATE..

The sequel to the 2011 Best Sci-Fi CJ

aw2sigsmall.png

spursrule14

CAPTAIN'S LOG 00522

ggamgus, Wiecher, NMUSpidey

thank you guys for commenting, always appreciated! and no civilization here i'm afraid :(

aw2banner.png

THE SEPARATION

CAPTAIN'S LOG

NUMBER: 00522

EARTH DATE: APRIL 16, 2085

MISSION DATE: DAY 4179

"We don't know exactly what's wrong..why the instruments show us losing fuels. The ship runs on compressed natural gas. We were losing, and quick. There's no way for us to open the tanks and see what we really have. We've got to trust the readings, and so we have. Now here we are. Whether by fate, God or luck, we tracked down a comet that we calculated we would have enough fuels left to reach. The ship was designed with a natural gas extraction system that unfolds out from the bottom of the ship, and drills down into an object's surface. Gases are then extracted up through the tubing and processed on-board the ship to remove impurities. The impurities exit the rear exhaust of the ship, and the compressed methane is then stored in the tanks. We needed to make a pit stop somewhere, and fast. So far everything is going as expected."

Comet.png

ALIEN WORLDS

aw2sigsmall.png

spursrule14

DUST AND ICE

This is just crazy...it's been two years since Alien Worlds began. Time flies so fast now, that you'd think we're all travelling through a wormhole. :boggle: Here's to the future of Alien Worlds, and SimCity, and may it continue to be an epic ride for all of us!

-spursrule14

Benedict, Fox, NMUSpidey

idk, you will have to wait and see (actually i do know lol)...but now is not yet the time :thumb:

and Spidey, that's awesome how it reminded you of a Japanese summer, i must really be creating quite an effect!

SimCoug

it can come with popcorn if you go make some! in fact, you may want to do so for this one :yes:

Tekindus, Forthwall, Hazani Pratama, Hiigarar, Wiecher, KonstantinII, Halen of Dania

thank you all!

aw2banner.png

THE SEPARATION

DUST AND ICE

"What's wrong? [.........................] What do you mean we're running out of fuels? [...........................................................................] ALRIGHT EVERYBODY JUST CALM DOWN. NOW WE'VE MADE IT THIS LONG, AND THIS FAR, AND WE'RE NOT DEAD YET. NOW I WANT EVERYBODY TO START THINKING. [....................................................................................................] What have you come up with? [..................................................] What am I looking at? [.........................] Are you sure about this?"

cometaw2.png

ALIEN WORLDS

aw2sigsmall.png

spursrule14

CAPTAIN'S LOG 00510

Wiecher

yes i think it was my best yet too...it may be the standard i set for myself in this cj..i'm always experimenting and finding even better ways of doing things :thumb:

SimCoug, mattbuildsbuildings1234, NMUSpidey

glad you all are continuing to enjoy the story! much more exciting things to come i think :yes:

katherman111

parallel dimensions!!

Benedict, ggamgus, Mastof, Bluthlucidity, Huston, Hazani Pratama, MilitantRadical

thank you all!

aw2banner.png

THE SEPARATION

CAPTAIN'S LOG

NUMBER: 00510

EARTH DATE: JANUARY 11, 2085

MISSION DATE: DAY 4084

"We found something. We began picking up a faint signal that seemed to be broadcasting from this world. We were met with excitement and fear at the same time. We didn't know exactly what we were picking up, nor how we would handle encountering it...or them. There is no 'them.' Just 'it.'

X1.4NS1-Jul.%207%2C%20001353186122MOD2BIG.jpg

We landed at night, and came into the presence of a winged creature. It was alive...not like us, but it was thinking...feeling. I could sense it. Strange sounds kept emanating from it. We can best describe them as sounding like a chant, or the frequencies of some technological machinations. The base of it was illuminated by blue light, which also reflected onto some of the nearby rocks. The longer we stood there, the blue light began to turn white, revealing the figure's true color. The light continued to increase to the point of almost blinding us. We don't know what to make of it, or how to use it. We can't take it with us either, nor is it triangulated to any position in the sky. But it appears to be made of gold. We're going to photograph it, document it, and record its frequencies. Then we're moving on. There is still no clue of who or what put this here, or why. But I have a guess."

X1.4NS1-Jul.%207,%20001353186122MOD1BIG.jpg

ALIEN WORLDS

aw2sigsmall.png

spursrule14

X1.4-NS3

NMUSpidey

thanks!! glad you liked the music as well!...picking out the music is one of my favorite things about doing this...i just hope that each entry holds people over til the next one cause i just can't find the time to do one each week

:(

Bipin

thank you! and i look forward to seeing your BATs...i'm always looking for new things to use!

SimCoug, Tekindus, Mastof

thank you all, and glad you enjoyed the music too!!! 8)

--------------------------------------------------------

COMMENTERS WILL RECEIVE SPECIAL MENTION AT THE END OF THIS CJ

--------------------------------------------------------

aw2banner.png

THE SEPARATION

IMAGES NOW POSTED BELOW THE VIDEOS...NO MORE LINKS!

X1.4-NS3

TYPE: NATURAL SATELLITE

SYSTEM: 'X1'

SURFACE COMPOSITION: ROCK

SURFACE TEMPERATURE: -101°F

PLEASE VIEW IN HD AND FULL-SCREEN FOR BEST EXPERIENCE. HEADPHONES FOR ADDITIONAL IMMERSION.

CLICK TO VIEW IMAGES FULL-SIZE

X1.4NS1-May.%2031%2C%20001353185973MOD.JPG

X1.4NS1-Jun.%2029,%20001353186086MODBIG.JPG

X1.4NS1-Jul.%203,%20001353186106MOD.JPG

ALIEN WORLDS

aw2sigsmall.png

spursrule14

CAPTAIN'S LOG 00488

art128

2001 is one of my favorite movies!!

NMUSpidey

you'd have your helmet on so you wouldn't be smelling anything...thank goodness!!

KonstantinII

thanks! i'll have to check those out

Wiecher

yes the rocks are in liquid ammonia...the ammonia oceans are almost frozen as the surface temp is close to the freezing point of ammonia...there is ammonia mist and fog as well that permeates the shores as well

Hazani Pratama, SimCoug, daybreak, TowerDude

thank you all!

aw2banner.png

THE SEPARATION

CAPTAIN'S LOG

NUMBER: 00488

EARTH DATE: OCTOBER 16, 2084

MISSION DATE: DAY 3997

PLEASE VIEW IN HD AND FULL-SCREEN FOR BEST EXPERIENCE. HEADPHONES FOR ADDITIONAL IMMERSION.

"Is this Heaven? Are we standing on the shores of paradise? I, we, have never seen such a place. If only we could drink the liquid in these oceans...if only we can make this our home. But we can't. We're creatures of another time and place. We can never experience this world with our own hands...our own feet. Only by the sounds and light that penetrate our helmets. But we must continue on."

ALIEN WORLDS

aw2sigsmall.png

spursrule14

X1.5

emperordaniel, SimCoug

on thin ice - the dark knight rises, he was the best of us - beowulf :thumb: ... @SimCoug - thanks for the suggestion..the reason there are pauses sometimes with just music and a black screen is to let the music tell the story as well :yes:

IL

i have to link the pictures because they're so big...and i don't want them showing cause i like for the video to be the main presentation

:thumb:

NMUSpidey

thanks! i found the interior picture on deviantart, and then i modified it by putting in the view out the window and some other small things...at the end of the "movie".. ;) ..the credits will give credit to images i use and who does the voice

KonstantinII

;)

ulsa2

captain eastman's voice matches his character and personality traits...a very serious and concerned leader, yet wearied, yet confident...someone who is monotone on the outside, yet alive on the inside

Hazani Pratama, Tekindus, MilitantRadical, Kruness, Evillions, Weicher, Patricius Maximus

thank you all!!! 8)

aw2banner.png

THE SEPARATION

X1.5

TYPE: DWARF PLANET

SYSTEM: 'X1'

SURFACE COMPOSITION: ROCK, AMMONIA

SURFACE TEMPERATURE: -103°F

PLEASE VIEW IN HD AND FULL-SCREEN FOR BEST EXPERIENCE

I also recommend listening to this entry and the past ones with a good set of studio-style headphones if you have them...I tried this and I felt like I was in a movie theater!

ALIEN WORLDS

aw2sigsmall.png

spursrule14

:party:

I am pleased to announce that at the time of this entry, both Alien Worlds and Alien Worlds 2 have now each surpassed 1000 views per entry (1016 and 1138 to be exact!). Thank you all for the continued views!

-spursrule14

NMUSpidey

no, you're not a follower...your writing skills are top-notch!!

Tekindus

thanks!!! i try to make each update at least as good as the one before it ;)

SimCoug

yes, who would have thought?!! i got a crazy idea about what i wanted to do with alien worlds 2 and i'm pleased to say it can be done!

emperordaniel

thanks! it would be fun to have people guess the soundtrack each time! and so far you're figuring it out! haha

IL, mattbuildsbuildings1234

it's all about the story and where they are on their journey...if the story calls for those things you mentioned then we shall see them!

Wiecher

haha good, i'm glad you can't wait to see the rest!! lucky me cause i already know the rest of the story...but then i'm making it haha! p.s. sorry if the audio was hard to hear...i try to make sure everything is as clear as possible so i apologize if the voice-over on the last one may have been mixed too low

Schulmanator, Hazani Pratama, Mastof, Benedict

thank you all!

aw2banner.png

THE ABYSS

CAPTAIN'S LOG

NUMBER: 00477

EARTH DATE: JULY 17, 2084

MISSION DATE: DAY 3906

https://vimeo.com/74859488

"I have good news, and not so good news. We've compared many of these stars to those in our database, but no matches were found. The closest one to us would take only about three months to reach, but the Hubble is unable to make the flight, for now. The damaged solar energy intakes are regenerating the wormhole at an incredibly slow rate, and we don't have the materials to repair the intakes. We estimate it will take up to a year for the wormhole drives to recharge enough for us to make the jump. But there is another option.

There is another ship onboard, located deep in the belly of this one. It's considerably smaller, but larger than a HEX. We call it the Hubble 2. It has room for a small crew, and is capable of making the jump. But because of its size, many of us would be staying behind.

We could use the year we will be stuck here in this abyss to send a scout ahead of us, and determine where there is something for us. That way we won't waste what may be the only jump we get travelling to somewhere no different than our current situation...

Ten of my officers and I spent almost a whole day in the conference room discussing how to make this happen, and the risks involved. The chlorella generator onboard the Hubble has enough power to continue feeding the crew for at least another ten years. Most everything else on the ship is still intact. The Hubble 2 has an adequate supply of food as well. The mission of the Hubble 2 will be to scout for potential habitable worlds, clues to Earth or Naaswa's location, and anything else of interest. The crew will take the orb with them as well. It still isn't functioning...we can't decipher its technology. But in case it decides to wake up, they may need it where they're going...and for what, time will tell. The decision to split up on this search, after all these years, is not an easy one, but one that may save us. Now there is only one thing left to decide. Do I stay here...or do I go with them.

You may remember a young boy I spoke of years ago...we celebrated his 16th birthday on the surface of Alnitak 2-NS6. He is now a young man of 20, and has shown great leadership among his peers. I trust him, and I'm putting him in charge of our people."

-Capt. Drake S. Eastman, U.S.S. Hubble

ALIEN WORLDS

aw2sigsmall.png

spursrule14

CAPTAIN'S LOG 00476

NMUSpidey

yes, i promise they're sc4 images! and the only boundary left i can think to cross would be to somehow figure out how to take sc4 pics and turn them into street level views like cities xl.........! i'll leave that one up to you! haha

SimCoug

yes, LOTR, and the drum beats were from tron: legacy!

Tekindus

...to spursrule14 ;) [crowd erupts in cheers]

Wiecher

yes, i was trying to give the effect that the viewer is slowly descending down to the surface with the rest of the crew!!

Huston

"Huston," we have a problem. LOL...sorry, just couldn't resist saying that ;)

mystic_destiny, ggamgus, emperordaniel, Schulmanator, IL, Bipin, Hazani Pratama, Mastof

thank you all!

aw2banner.png

THE ABYSS

CAPTAIN'S LOG

NUMBER: 00476

EARTH DATE: JULY 12, 2084

MISSION DATE: DAY 3901

"We made it...and not a moment too soon. We need a breath of fresh air, even if there is no air to breathe anyway. Still, there's something about this place that disturbs me. I feel as if we have found an island somewhere in the middle of an ocean, and although we can dry off, all directions still look the same.

We've been spending the last few days sending HEX scouts across the barren and small landscape, looking for anything of interest. I was hoping to find a pyramid...that seems to be what we're best at doing. I was hoping one would point the way, like the others did. But we may be in a time and place where pyramids have never been conceived of. So we must continue to do what we have done for the past decade...anywhere we go will be our home..someway...somehow.

We found a flat and empty spot where we could land the Hubble, and I gave the go-ahead. Since we have now touched ground and are in a fixed position relative to these alien stars, we will begin to analyze them and compare their magnitudes to all known stars in our database. What happens after that...well, I have no idea."

ALIEN WORLDS

aw2sigsmall.png

spursrule14

AST-ABYSS

hahei

cheers!

NMUSpidey

here's hoping!

Tekindus

it's a movie made out of a CJ! or is it a CJ made out of a movie??!

Simul8ter8

it's not too late to read it!! ;)

Huston

now it will be your favorite CJ to watch!! ;)

MamaLuigi945, TheJazzmaster, terring, emperordaniel

yes, it's back! and bigger than ever!!

aw2banner.png

THE ABYSS

AST-ABYSS

TYPE: ASTEROID

SYSTEM: UNKNOWN

SURFACE COMPOSITION: ROCK

SURFACE TEMPERATURE: -100°F

ALIEN WORLDS

aw2sigsmall.png

spursrule14

aw2banner.png

PROLOGUE

CAPTAIN'S LOG

NUMBER: 00457

EARTH DATE: FEBRUARY 15, 2084

MISSION DATE: DAY 3748

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm1A8gUINEg

"My name is Drake Eastman, Captain of the U.S.S. Hubble. I regret to inform you...you who are listening to this...in whatever place...in whatever time...that I don't know where we are.

Something happened. Something unexpected. We were approximately five hours into the Naaswa wormhole when I felt the ship begin to shake beneath me. I fell to the ground as the Hubble jolted forward and lost power. Faint starlight began to illuminate my quarters. I got up...disoriented, and headed for the bridge. The crew was unharmed. Even some of the adolescents were still sleeping in their dormitories. But we have lost everything. We started out to find so much, but we have lost...we are lost.

And the charts are dead. And the only thing we know for sure is that this is not Naaswa, nor Earth. We are drifting...into the abyss. And to make matters worse, the orb has shut down and is no longer functioning. The shock from the breach must have been too much for its decaying systems. We still have the coordinates it gave us for Naaswa, but those were based off of where we were, not where we are. I do have potential good news though. While this strange system we are in is devoid of planets, there is a nearby asteroid belt where we may be able to land and regroup. The only problem is it's five months away. So in the mean time...we will survive."

ALIEN WORLDS

aw2sigsmall.png