• Moose

Parkopolis

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Parkopolis is a giant city with many beautiful parks within it's boundaries. It is currently home to over a million people, and continues to grow rapidly. This CJ will continue to be...

Entries in this City Journal

Teeparex

Peninsula Part 2

Update8-5.jpg

No, the circular area is not some special government area, it's basically a shopping centre!

Update8-6.jpg

Update8-4.jpg

This picture shows some of the large beachfront park...

Update8-3.jpg

...which continues over here.

Update8-2.jpg

Here you can see a small town which has become annexed into Parkopolis.

Update8-12.jpg

Update8-8.jpg

Close ups of a commercial strip on the west side of the peninsula. It spans the area where the very long sea wall (you could walk to downtown along it, only having to cross one bridge) ends and the coast becomes a beach.

Update8-9.jpg

Update8-10.jpg

Update8-1.jpg

New apartments are being built along the beach, all already sold, I'm afraid! 3.gif

Update8-7.jpg

Update8-13.jpg

Update8-11.jpg

Update8-14.jpg

I read about, tracked down and downloaded Gizmo's night mod for this pic today. Saves me having to photoshop my night pics! Right, that's the peninsula covered. I hope you liked looking at it!

Teeparex

Peninsula Part 1

Pretty much all of the land on the large peninsula opposite downtown has now become urbanised. In this update I will show what I've done to the upper half of that peninsula, and the next update will show the lower half.

Update7-1.jpg

Update7-15.jpg

Update7-16.jpg

Update7-12.jpg

Update7-11.jpg

Update7-10.jpg

In this picture, and the one before it, you can see two buildings from my RL hometown, Basingstoke. (You can also see I slightly mucked up this night shot 3.gif ahh well)

Update7-14.jpg

Update7-13.jpg

One of my attempts at a silicon valley style office campus...

Update7-17.jpg

And another.

Update7-2.jpg

Update7-3.jpg

Update7-4.jpg

Update7-9.jpg

Update7-5.jpg

Update7-6.jpg

Update7-7.jpg

Update7-8.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

Teeparex

Parkopolis has an amusement park-YAY!

Update-6-7.jpg

The famous entrance sign for the park. Although not as famous as the Hollywood sign.

Update-6-8.jpg

Elsford Park is the most popular tourist destination in Parkopolis, with annual attendance figures of 2,300,000 people.

Update-6-9.jpg

Update-6-10.jpg

Timber! is the oldest rollercoaster in the park.

Update-6-2.jpg

In this picture is the Elsford Haunted House, which features an electronic counter over the queue that reads 'Souls Claimed' followed by the number of attendees who have ever entered. Currently the number reads at around 6,005,000.

Update-6-6.jpg

This picture was probably taken on a pretty cold day! Not many people at the splash park.

Update-6-11.jpg

Update-6-12.jpg

Update-6-3.jpg

Angel's Flight, the newest rollercoaster in the park.

Update-6-5.jpg

Update-6-4.jpg

Update-6-13.jpg

Heres an overview of the park. Thanks for visiting!

Teeparex

Up-uptown

For this update I will show the new 'up-uptown' area several miles from the city's downtown core, the biggest area of park in Parkopolis, which has taken over the downtown island one, and a few wealthy suburbs near these two.

First I'll show the up-uptown:

Update-5-19.jpg

Update-5-20.jpg

Update-5-21.jpg

Update-5-13.jpg

Update-5-12.jpg

Update-5-14.jpg

Now we move on to the wealthy lakeside suburbs:

Update-5-16.jpg

Update-5-17.jpg

Update-5-15.jpg

Update-5-18.jpg

Update-5-3.jpg

Update-5-2.jpg

Update-5-5.jpg

Update-5-6.jpg

Update-5-11.jpg

Update-5-10.jpg

Update-5-7.jpg

Update-5-8.jpg

Update-5-9.jpg

Update-5-1.jpg

Hope you liked looking at this update 44.gif

Teeparex

Along the coastline

I won't attach as many explanations to each pic for this update. I'll just let your eyes indulge mostly 9.gif

Region.jpg

This pic shows all the changes made to the region since the first update. The main addition has been the international airport, which I will show you once I have developed the land around the airport.

Region-night.jpg

Photoshopped pic to show what Parkopolis might look like at night.

beach.jpg

Marina.jpg

golf-course-1.jpg

waterfront.jpg

suburbs-2.jpg

park.jpg

suburbs-1.jpg

suburbs-3.jpg

river-2.jpg

river-3.jpg

river-1.jpg

Teeparex

This update will basically show some more of the area around downtown that didn't get covered in the first post, so I'll start with the biggest park in Parkopolis! It's so big it takes up a whole island!

Update-2-pic13.jpg

This is a statue of the founder of the park. (I haven't thought of the name of the park yet) It was placed on a small island entirely surrounded by a moat.

Update-2-pic14.jpg

These are the sports and recreational facilities on the lower end of the park. Soccer doesn't look very popular today! 3.gif

Update-2-pic12.jpg

Nice waterfalls. What more need be said? 1.gif

Update-2-pic3.jpg

This pic shows the lucky resident's apartments (the only ones on the island) plus the graveyard, which has a limited amount of space.

Update-2-pic9.jpg

Heres what the whole park looks like from the air!

Now I'll show a few more photos of the best locations in the rest of the area...

Update-2-pic4.jpg

This is so far my favourite of all the marinas in Parkopolis. It also contains the city zoo.

Update-2-pic10.jpg

This is the government district on the east side of downtown, and features from left to right- Opera house, stock exchange, city hall, city court, and major library.

Update-2-pic8.jpg

These are the huge apartment buildings near the government district and also the financial district.

Update-2-pic5.jpg

Both the avenues bordering this park lead to the roundabout connecting South Island to the mainland.

Update-2-pic6.jpg

Some of the older but still awesome buildings in Parkopolis

Update-2-pic7.jpg

This is a sports park in the shopping area of downtown

Update-2-pic11.jpg

Overview of the university and...hey! More parks 3.gif

Update-2-pic2.jpg

Daylight view of Parkopolis followed by...

Update-2-pic1.jpg

...a nighttime one! 

Teeparex

Downtown

I must say that for some reason, a glitch has occured with all public transport in my game so that they are completely useless, and rail takes a ridiculous amount of time to lay, compared to when this wasn't the case, for example a 20 tile long piece of track takes almost a whole minute to lay, so unfortunately that is why there is no buses, trains etc. in my city. 8.gif

I'll show you a shot of the region I have developed so far:

Parkopolisregion1.jpg

Parkopolis-transit-1.jpg

For the first update I will start with the Downtown area!

Downtown-10.jpg

This is the 'face' of downtown, that most people are familiar with. It showcases a section of the large waterfront park and some of the shiniest buildings in the world.

Downtown-11.jpg

The largest buildings (in terms of interior space) in Parkopolis are located around the convention center. There are also some scarily expensive apartment buildings near it too.

Downtown-3.jpg

More skyscrapers around the center of the financial district.

Downtown-1.jpg

This picture shows the majority of downtown's waterfront park.

Downtown-6.jpg

The Poseidon Tower is the newest building in this area and the tallest in Parkopolis. It is mostly hotel and office space, but the upper floors have some very nice apartments.

Downtown-5.jpg

Now we move on to South Island, which has been linked to the mainland so that it's not really an island at all! However, it is almost a city in itself, despite it being relatively tiny. 

Downtown-8.jpg

This is the northern part of the island, with a few art deco, and gothic buildings.

Downtown-9.jpg

More apartment buildings on the eastern side (and yes, you've probably seen these a million times before 3.gif)

Downtown-2.jpg

The 'Trio' Highrises

Downtown-4.jpg

And finally, some scattered buildings between parkland at night.