• Moose

Ampton County

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Hey everyone, thought I should probally continue my journal in this new section so here it is!!! All updates will be transfered here and I will continue updating as usual. Also be sure to...

Entries in this City Journal

Hawkeye9

bannerkh0.jpg

Ok then, now onto the update!!! I actually have a fairly large update for everyone today. The update is going to be on the newly completed areas of Oakwood and the Ampton Downtown district. You may rember these areas showcased in there unfinished state when this CJ was first started. If not that is ok because now they are fully finished and have been improved!!! So whithout further to do... heres the update: 

8.1- Lets begin with this small sub-division that is nestled among the hillside.

update81.jpg

8.2- A closer view of the area...

update82.jpg

8.3- Lets make our way into Oakwood proper...

update83.jpg

8.4- Im shure most of you remember this shot. Now its fully completed!!!

update84.jpg

8.5- A few residential blocks in the area...

update85.jpg

8.6- A view of easten Oakwood...

update86.jpg

8.7- The Highschool of the area, complete with sports complex and a library...

update87.jpg

8.8- Some lakeside housing...

update88.jpg

8.9- Pretty self-explanitory housing...

update89.jpg

8.10- The railway making its way through the area...

update810.jpg

8.11- A view looking from another angle...

update811.jpg

8.12- Some more housing...

update813.jpg

8.13- Lets make our way down the interstate 5...

update812.jpg

8.14- Lets Cross the 5 from Oakwood and head into the Mid-Town district...

update814.jpg

8.15- The Mid-town is complete with office buildings, educational buildings, hotels, Condos, parks and very effective mass transit systems!!!

update815.jpg

8.16- A view of midtown...

update816.jpg

8.17- Lets take a closer look at some of the buildings that complete this district. We'll start with the Swim arena...

update817.jpg

8.18- The Ampton Community College...

update818.jpg

8.19- Another angle...

update819.jpg

8.20- Coca-Cola anybody?

update820.jpg

8.21- An overview of the visited buildings...

update821.jpg

8.22- A new office building in the area...

update822.jpg

8.23- Another shot of the Mid-Town area...

update823.jpg

8.24- An overview...

update824.jpg

8.25- An overview of both districts...

update825.jpg

8.26- And finally... another overview!!!

update826.jpg

Thankyou to everyone for viewing and I very much hope you all enjoyed the update!!! Please comment... come on... tell me what you think... what I need to improve on... anything!!! Just type something in and hit that little reply button!!! Thanks again!!!

Hawkeye9

bannerkh0.jpg

Now for todays update... I actually have two sections:

1) Oakwood development: My third update of this cj i showed you around the suburb of Oakwood. Toady I will be showing you how I develop my suburbs by working on a section in Oakwood.

2) Sports: Ill be showing you around the sports venues so far in Ampton County. I will also be introducing you to Ampton's new Baseball team.

7.1- Heres a quick little picture to remind you of Oakwood...

38kq3.jpg

7.2- The area in which the development will be taking place...

72570614fj8.jpg

7.3- First the streets are laid out and completed...

52106748ev9.jpg

7.4- The parks and ploppable buildings are constructed and the area is zoned...

82223664ak8.jpg

7.5- And voila... A new expansion in Oakwood has been completed...

94951912sb4.jpg

Now on to sports: 

7.6- GreekMan, the owner of this Arena located in Aspen has changed the name from GreekMan Arena to GM Arena...

gmarena.jpg

7.7- Ampton County has entered the SLB and this Ballpark was constructed to host the team: Welcome to Gibson Park...

ballpark20.jpg

7.8- Now your probally wondering what the team name is? Well its the Ampton County Wolves!!! We are lookin forward to a good season!!! Logo:

topwolf.jpg

Hope you liked todays Update and PLEASE COMMENT!!!

Hawkeye9

bannerkh0.jpg

Ok... Today i will be showing you the development of Aspen City!!! The High-Rise district has now been completed and the surrounding areas have sprouted up with suburbs. The main park area has also been finished and is now the biggest park in Ampton County. So now join me on a tour as i showcase this newly developed area... 

6.1- Welcome to Aspen City!!!

randomyq1.jpg

6.2- As you can see, both park area and High-Rise district is now fully completed...

26060966al9.jpg

6.3- So why dont we take a tour of the park!!! We'll start on the eastern side and work our way west. 

37797612gg6.jpg

6.4- A pretty self-explanitory lake....

85096904sk1.jpg

6.5- Lets work our way across the water and take some time to feed the many ducks who bathe in the lake...

36689836rr2.jpg

6.6- Continuing our way westward lets stop in one of the many flower gardens found along the path...

21916162th6.jpg

6.7- And finally we reach the western side of the park... Hope you enjoyed the tour...

76104837xi5.jpg

6.8- A couple of updates ago Ampton reached it's 100th post... so as a reward this area is named after that poster: Welcome to Greekman Arena!!!

24470462gw6.jpg

6.9- The following are variouse areas around the city...

44132208pr3.jpg

6.10-...

56439566bi3.jpg

6.11-...

610hw8.jpg

6.12- An overview shot from the South...

611kv5.jpg

6.13- An overwiew shot from the east...

612nl9.jpg

6.14- Ampton county is always growing... Here is a picture of a future residential area near Aspen City...

613cq3.jpg

Well that concludes this update!!! Hope you enjoyed it and PLEASE COMMENT!!!!!!!

Hawkeye9

bannerkh0.jpg

First off id like to apologize to everyone for the lack of updates. Ive  been really busy lately and have had really no time for sc4. Now with that said i would also like to thank everyone (yet again). Even after a month with no updates this cj still wound up on the first page... and that means alot to me... so thanks.

Ok now for the UPDATE!!!! today i will be showing you the progress of Aspen city. Aspen city is located east of downtown Ampton and is actually the community in which the airport is located. Aspen city hosts its own High-Rise district (while its not finished) which holds many hotels and inns for visiting sims to stay. The magority of Aspen city is going to be suburbs... Now for the pictures:

5.1- Early development on Aspen City High Rise district and sunken Highway.

59653755me3.jpg

5.2- Sunken Highway is complete.

41114755pm1.jpg

5.3- An overview of work so far...

39146546mq3.jpg

5.4- Same picture but with development plans (Key is below pic.)

81849765pp9.jpg

Key:

High Rise district

Parks and Recreation

Suburbs/Residential

Well that does it for this update... I will try to start updating more frequently!!! Thaks for viewing and PLEASE COMMENT!!!!

Hawkeye9

bannerkh0.jpg

Well now its time for the update you have all been waiting for.... Welcome to Ampton International Airport!!! The airport is located east of the Ampton River and is one of the key factors to the Amptons booming comercial district. Well here it is:

5.1- An overview of the Airfield.

41bz1.jpg

5.2- Variouse pictures of the Airport...

42eb7.jpg

5.3- ...

43nf5.jpg

5.4- ...

44hf8.jpg

5.5- ...

45ax6.jpg

5.6- ...

46im2.jpg

5.7- ...

47xk7.jpg

5.8- Remeber this little commericial area a couple updates back?...

49fw1.jpg

5.9- Well... development in this area is starting back up...

48vw1.jpg

Well thats about it... Hope you enjoyed this update and PLEASE comment!!!

Oh yeah, and Happy Holidays to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawkeye9

Teaser Update

bannerkh0.jpg

Today I have only a small update for you guys. Its actually more of a teaser than anything else... So here it is:

4.1- I realized i still have not shown a region view yet... so here it is Ampton County.

map41zq0.jpg

4.2- Here are a couple teasers for next update....

42if2.jpg

4.3- Hmmm... what could it possibly be? Hope this doesn't give it away...

43mx2.jpg

Thats about it... Expect a huge update next week, and please Comment!!!

Hawkeye9

bannerkh0.jpg

Today I will be showing you what i have been working on this last week... Suburbs!!!! I will be showing you the semi-completed district of Oakwood, which is located just north of downtown. Oakwood is a lovely medium wealth neighborhood, located in a prime location with many parks, schools and recreational activitys. Commute times for Oakwood residents is no problem, due to rail lines and highways that pass through the neighborhood. Houses start at 250,000$ and range to 450,000$, but buy quick, houses are selling fast...
Now for some pictures:

3.1- An early picture of the Oakwood, development has just started...
31cq9.jpg

3.2- Now a picture of what Oakwood looks like today
32hq4.jpg

3.3- A small strip mall on the eastside of town...
33xx1.jpg

3.4- South Oakwood... many parks and churches were constructed in this area
34br2.jpg

3.5- Morning commuters beat traffic by takeing a train
35jc9.jpg

3.6- Northern Oakwood...
36dr5.jpg

3.7- The Main avenue and train station in Oakwood
37by7.jpg

3.8- An overview
38kq3.jpg

3.9- Development on a new commercial area beggins...
39lk2.jpg

Thats it for this update, hope you enjoyed it and PLEASE COMMENT!!!

Hawkeye9

Downtown

bannerkh0.jpg

OK now for the 1st update of Ampton County!!!! Today I will be showing the progress of my development of Ampton City, Which is the main Downtown area in the county!!!! Now this is no where near complete and I still have alot of work to do, but I am proud of what I have so far...

Pic2.1- Well here it is... Welcome to Downtown Ampton!!!

pic11nz2.jpg

Pic2.2- A view from the south...

pic12ka0.jpg

Pic2.3- The following pictures are variouse areas around Downtown...

pic13ga8.jpg

Pic2.4- ...

pic14gb8.jpg

Pic2.5- ...

pic16le5.jpg

Pic2.6- ...

pic15iq0.jpg

Pic2.7- ...

pic17tc3.jpg

Pic2.8- ...

pic18wk5.jpg

Pic2.9- ...

pic19hc4.jpg

Pic2.10- An overview of downtown and sorrounding area.

pic110ga7.jpg

Well thats it for Update One for Ampton County. Next update I will go into more detail of areas in downtown!!! PLEASE COMMENT!!!!

Hawkeye9

Introduction

bannerkh0.jpg

Hello and welcome to my newest cj, Ampton County. This is my third attempt at a cj and hopefully this one will be very successful. Unlike my other cjs where I had a good portion of the region complete before putting it on display, this one i am starting from scratch. My region is a hand terraformed 3x3 large tile region, with a large river winding its way through the center of the map. As far as modds and bats go i have alot and i am not going to list them, however if you have any questions about them feel free to ask. My cities tend to resemble realistic american cities, with suburbs, downtowns and realistic comercial areas. As of right now I am setting up the main transportation network (Highways, railways, etc.) throughout the region, so today i will be showing you my progress.  

Pic1.1- An overview of the main region tile, where i plan to eventualy build the downtown.

pic1eg8.jpg

Pic1.2- The highway crosses Ampton River.

pic2lx9.jpg

Pic1.3- I begin work on the rail network throughout the region.

pic3mz1.jpg

Pic1.4- I continue leveling land and pathing the way for the railroad line.

pic4uv9.jpg

Pic1.5- Work on the railroad continues...

pic5rr3.jpg

Pic1.6- An overview to give you an idea of where the railroad work has been taking place.

pic6hy6.jpg

Pic1.7- The construction of the Main railroad station.

pic7lv9.jpg

Pic1.8- The railroad development has been completed!

pic8tk9.jpg

Pic1.9- An overview of the work so far

pic9lh2.jpg

And that ends it for the inroduction to Ampton County. I hope you enjoyed it and please comment!!! Stay tuned...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0