• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

The mediterranean island of San Pedro and the South American land of Mesias.

Entries in this City Journal

panthersimcity4

Well, I went on a trip to Peru over my thanksgiving break and got a whole lot of inspiration. For that reason I'm going to revive my good ol' South American region.

This time it's different. I'm thinking of changing some things, like for example changing the name of the nation to something like "Guaracay", since I feel like doing something new instead of "Mesias."

But anyways, here's some teasers.

santaleon1.jpg

santaleon2.jpg

santaleon3.jpg

Here's a couple pictures from my trip!

cusco.jpg

machupicchuw.jpg

puno.jpg

limasg.jpg

miraflores.jpg

panthersimcity4

As usual, I've altered Carife a bit. But I plan on going back to Mesias, since I've been redesigning that region a bit in the past couple of months. But that's another update. :P

carifemap.jpg

As you probably know, Carife is the capital city. It is located in the northeastern part of the island and is the main port and business center. There are many cruise ships and ferries that stop in Carife, dropping off tourists and other visitors.

carife2.jpg

The city was originally founded by Romans who built a colony on the island. The area has ever since been occupied by a small city that gradually grew into the Mediteranean metropolis it is now.

carigfe1.jpg

carife4.jpg

The most iconic part of the city is the Gothic Quarter, which is the old part. This is where the city's cathedral is located. It was built in the 16th century after an earthquake destroyed the previous gothic structure.

carife5.jpg

The nearby Church of the Assumption is one of the last remaining gothic churches in the city. Most of the older gothic churches were demolished in favor of fancier, baroque churches when San Pedro amassed a large amount of wealth from its colonies.

carife6.jpg

The main square of the city is the Plaza Mayor, where the city hall is located.

carife7.jpg

Near the Gothic quarter close to the port area is the Plaza del Toro, which has a statue of bulls in the middle of it.

carife12.jpg

The city is quite dense, and there isn't very much sprawl. Like in many European countries, Pedrians mostly live in urban apartments.

carife9.jpg

Despite San Pedro being a small island isolated from the European continent by the Mediteranean sea, the nation has a vibrant economy, much of which depends on commercial services, banking, and of course tourism. Within the past decade, the economy of San Pedro has increased in size. This is noticeable when you go to the Commercial Business district, where some high-rise commercial towers have been built.

carife3.jpg

carife11.jpg

The outskirts of the city mostly contain apartment buildings, houses, some office buildings and shopping malls.

carife10.jpg

Tarraco is the largest suburb and is also the fastest growing. Many of the people who move to this area are middle class. An extension to the tram in Carife is currently planned to be built to reduce traffic.

That's all for the update, thanks for reading. :thumb:

panthersimcity4

Okay, so I'm back from my trip. A couple of things in San Pedro have changed:

1. The bell tower in Carife. I have this kind of OCD thing where the landmarks in the city need to "feel" right. Unfortunately, that tower just didn't seem to feel right with the Mediterranean feel. So... I picked a new one. For good, I hope!

carife2.jpg

carife1.jpg

carife3.jpg

carife6.jpg

2. A new high-rise office building has been built. Called "Dexia" apparently. :P

carife4.jpg

ALSO.... I've been working on a new city. I plan on, in the future, making a CJ based off of it. It's inspired by my recent travels... mostly based on Poland, with elements of other European countries.

teaser2m.jpg

teaser1s.jpg

teaser4nd.jpg

Having been to Poland a million times, I figured I might as well do something inspired by that country.

panthersimcity4

Well, I won't be posting any updates or anything for the next two weeks, because..... *drumroll*...

I'm going on Vacation! To Europe... I'll be going to Poland, Austria, Italy and Germany. :party: :party: :party:

Anyways, here's a couple pics before I leave...

carife1.jpg

carifeaeriggal.jpg

carife2fj.jpg

gothhc.jpg

carife3.jpg

carife2.jpg

baronia.jpg

panthersimcity4

Alberto and Marina are the two most well-known leaders of San Pedro. Why? Mostly because of their ruthless quest for power over the island. Secondly, because of their ill-tempered marriage. They were pretty much the most disfunctional marriage of San Pedro's history.

marinaalberto.jpg

Above: Portraits of Queen Marina & King Alberto.

The two got married in 1471. Alberto was the heir to the San Pedrian throne, while Marina was the cousin of the heir to the Crown of Aragon. A century or two earlier, the Crown of Aragon was helping the Christians in the north of San Pedro kick out the Almohad-controlled region in the south, on the condition that San Pedro keep certain trade agreements.

Since San Pedro and Aragon became allies from this battle, it was decidedly strategic for Alberto & Marina to get married, despite their personalities completely clashing with each other. Alberto was reportedly a timid, socially awkward drunk who spat frequently while speaking. His wife was said to have bloodthirsty fanatical tendencies as a child, burning her first heretic at the age of 9. It was also under the rule of Alberto and Marina that the remaining Moorish Muslims & Jews who stayed on the island were forced to either convert or leave San Pedro.

Below: A map showing San Pedro on a map from the 13th century of the Mediterra-wait a minute, who put in those speech bubbles?

:???:

reconqjuit.jpg

Below: A map showing the unified island of San Pedro later, during the reign of Alberto & Marina.

reconquistaghgjkfhh.jpg

They are referred to as the Calvario Monarchs because they of the famous Moorish fortress Alcazar de Calvario, which they transformed into a royal castle and temporarily moved the royal family to Calvario. The royal family moved back to Cárife a few decades after the reign of Alberto & Marina ended.

Below: The Alcazar de Calvario while it was under Muslim control.

calvariomuslimg2f.jpg

calvario1498g.jpg

Above: The castle after the royals moved in, with an additional part added with a church.

Marina, a fanatical Catholic, oversaw the later "Purge of Heresies" , which sought to destroy forbidden books and silence beliefs considered heretical by the Catholic Church. Despite this, she took some of the books for herself, including sensual Roman literature, in a secret room of the Calvario castle. One such books is "The Lustful Affair of Venus," (or Aphrodite in some translations) which became a moral scandal when it was publicized prior to the purge. Then people completely forgot about it and found something else equally shocking - a book that was reportedly the autobiography of the Devil. (It later turned out to be a hoax perpetuated by Inquisitors)

Alberto was much more involved in promoting the San Pedrian crown's dominant authority over the people of the island, through sometimes fearful means. He helped in confiscating the wealth of Muslims and Jews that were expelled to Africa and forced to leave it behind. Many of the Jews and Muslims simply just went to the island of Tarusaia, where they became merchants.

Towards the end of their marriage, the New World was discovered and the monarchs made sure that family members were involved in claiming lands for San Pedro, and therefore claiming lots of wealth. Then, King Alberto was caught committing adultery with a voluptuous young French noblewoman from Corsica. Apparently, Queen Marina died from complications while planning to castrate the king.

Alberto then married another voluptuous woman, this time from Castile, who had little to no interest in politics or religion. Many historians suspect Alberto contracted syphilis in his later years, which explained the rashes claimed to be a "condemnation from God" that he received for being unfaithful to his previous spouse.

The end! The next update will continue the historicalness story-telling... :read: (btw, I'm not sure if historicalness an actual word, I just chose it because "history" sounded too generic :P)

panthersimcity4

Lepanto

lepantgoj.jpg

Welcome to the city of Lepanto, located in the north of San Pedro. Originally a small fishing port, it became a Crusader port due to its predominate Christian community under Muslim rule. After the reconquest, the town continued to be an important port. However, in the mid 20th century, the town's economy plummeted and it was an impoverished backwater. Today, however, it is a resort town of high-end fashion boutiques and restaurants.

lepantho01.jpg

Today, Lepanto is a popular stop for tourists on their way to the beaches of the San Pedro riviera. In recent years, the town has become largely prosperous and has risen from it's derelict years in the 50's to the '70s. Today, it is well known for its yacht club and sailing competitions.

lepantoo1.jpg

In the middle of the town is the Plaza de la Costa, with the Church of the St. Michael the Archangel located here.

lepantoo2.jpg

On a peninsula, jutting out into the sea, is the older part of the town. This area is dense and contains many small streets and alleys. There are many tourist shops and restaurants here however, which have become quite busy due to the massive increase in tourism. Also, there is a busy waterfront area with small tapas bars and restaurants. This is where most of the "regular" tourists go to buy tacky souvenirs and t-shirts with lame jokes. :P

lepantoo3.jpg

Near the Plaza de la Costa is the beach, which is not nearly as popular as the ones on the Riviera coast, but still gets busy and crowded during the Summer.

lepantoo4.jpg

The beachfront promenade in Lepanto has gone under major renovation in the past decade. Just last year, this new shopping center was built which features many luxurious clothing and jewelry outlets. There are also some expensive stores in other parts of the town, giving Lepanto a reputation as a posh resort for wealthy tourists.

lepanto02.jpg

An aerial view of the town.

:thumb:

panthersimcity4

lepantgoj.jpg

The Calvario River is a small river that goes from the mountains of the south, winding by Calvario and flowing by Santa Teresa and out into the Mediterranean Sea.

calvariomj.jpg

One of the most famous sights along the river is the Alcázar de Calvario, a castle originally built by the Moors. The expanded area on the top of the picture is the part that was added after the Christian San Pedrians took control.

coast3i.jpg

Farther down the river is the walled town of Santa Teresa, which is home to a large abbey. The abbey is part of a monastery that is home to Carmelite nuns who bake scrumptious pastries.

coastg4.jpg

This is just a picture to show off how I've been using LOTs of scenery props. :P As you can tell, San Pedro is quite dry & rocky due to its location in the Mediterranean. Regardless, there is plenty of fertile land for agriculture.

coast.jpg

Near the mouth of the river is the small village of Cecial, with a small medieval church on a plateau nearby.

coast2.jpg

Last but not least, although it's not along the river, the nearby Bizquena Monastery is an important site to see. It is a Franciscan monastery home to a very old statue of the Madonna de la Bizquena.

So, what do you think? :)

panthersimcity4

Welcome again to San Pedro. This is kind of a short update in Alvarez. (Pronounced Alvareth by locals... as is similar in many regions of Spain, San Pedrians often pronounce "c" and "z" as "th") It is a small town located in the central valley of the island of San Pedro. (I've remade it, since the older one was less detailed and kinda boring imho. :P )

alvareth3cf.jpg

alvarezl.jpg

It is called "The Jesuit City" because of the Jesuit church in the center of the town. The church, St. Ignatius, was built in the 16th century as a center for the Jesuit order in San Pedro.

alvarez5.jpg

The Jesuits were prominent in San Pedro's trade and evangelization efforts in other nations. However, they were suppressed later on due to their accumulation of power and wealth, which rivaled the rule of the crown.

alvarez3.jpg

Aside from the Jesuit church, there are hidden streets that contain small shops and restaurants.

alvarez9.jpg

alvarez6fg.jpg

And finally, a view of the Alcázar de Calvario.

alvarez7g.jpg

Thank you for reading!

panthersimcity4

Happy Easter!

I would like to wish everyone a Happy Easter, on behalf of the San Pedro Tourism Board. Here is a special card! (Click it to see the bigger version)

thumbnailsr.jpg

I included some easter eggs... and I'm not just talking about the round, colorful kind. :ninja::P

panthersimcity4

Even though I started a new CJ, I thought I'd pop back into this one and post an update.

Balejado is the largest city on the San Pedro riviera. I may have already said "Torrosa" was the largest city on the riviera. Well, I lied. :P

rivier3a.jpg

riviera11.jpg

Balejado is the most visited of the resort cities, because of it's larger size and close proximity to the famous Alcazar of Calvario. The city is much less dense than Torrosa, which contains many high-rise hotels and condos. Balejado only contains a few high-rises, but has a beautiful central plaza.

riviera44.jpg

At the top of this picture is the Plaza Mayor, with the Cathedral of St. Boniface in the middle. Near the central plaza is the tallest structure in the city. It is a condominium complex, called the Santo Antonio Tower. It has great views of the sea and surrounding areas, but the condos are very expensive.

unled1coddfdpy.jpg

rivierafg3.jpg

Here is one of the newest resort hotels in the city, known as the Balejado Playa Real Resort. It's quite expensive, and contains two swimming pools.

riviera5.jpg

The beaches of the city are very bright and powdery. During the Summer months, this beach, along with the beaches of Torrosa and other cities, get packed with tourists. Most of the tourists in San Pedro are from Northern Europe and North America.

riviera6.jpg

The outskirts of the city are mostly traditional houses. There are some poorer neighborhoods in the north of the city that are inhabited mostly by North African immigrants.

development.jpg

There are plenty of wealthy neighborhoods in the city... most of them however are filled with vacation homes and timeshares.

Now, a couple random pics around the city:

riviera9.jpg

riviera10.jpg

panthersimcity4

New CJ?

Okay, so here's my idea for either a new CJ, or a new region to add to this CJ.

Crosley is an island in the English channel, located west of Guernsey and Jersey. It is similar to San Pedro in being in a chain of islands, but is different in that Crosley is a British crown dependency, whereas San Pedro is an independent country.

ewtrtwesrt.jpg

Below is a picture of a suburb near the capital city. Obviously the whole region won't be about small towns and suburbs, but I don't wanna spoil the urban city. :ninja:

suburbia.jpg

What do you think?

panthersimcity4

Here's some news from San Pedro's most trusted news source! (Plus I have a teaser for a future region I might make a CJ of.)

nooz7.jpg

I think I forgot to post the following newspaper before. It's a religious newspaper by Pan Diario, a Catholic christian broadcasting company based in Mesias.

nooz6.jpg

And NOW...... *drumroll*

Here is a teaser of a region I'm working on.

village2i.jpg

Yup! I went for a British style. It'll be an island located presumably in the English channel, somewhat similar to Guernsey or Jersey.

I've never made a British city, let alone region before. I've actually never even been to the UK either. But, having a fondness for BBC sitcom reruns and of course British music helped. Also I live in a place that is very rainy, so I feel like I can sympathize. :P

Do you think it would be a good idea to make a CJ out of it? :???:

panthersimcity4

car4if.jpg'

This will probably be my last update in Carife. I just wanted to show off the new bell tower I put in Carife. The other one seemed to stand out a little too much... this one I think goes well with the design of the cathedral. Tell me... which do you prefer? The bell tower in the above picture, or the one in this update.

cariff4.jpg

Above: Church of the Assumption in the Gothic Quarter. One of the city's best examples of gothic architecture. It actually survived the great earthquake in the 1500s, however a lot of the paintings are quite darkened due to many years of incense smoke.

alcazar.jpg

Above: The famous Alcázar in Calvario. It is often considered the most popular landmark on the island, with very busy train services from Carife.

carifft.jpg

Above: A small street in Carife, Calle Formentera, located near the beach. This street has recently become a great place to rent an apartment - that is, if you're willing to fork out cash. Although if you're a wealthy tourist looking for something to brag about, an apartment on a small Mediterranean island kingdom certainly will impress.

cariff2.jpg

cariff1.jpg

Above: Nighttime near the Gothic Quarter. The area is filled with tapas bars and restaurants. One of the most famous is El Toro Guapo, which is a bullfighting themed bar.

tapas2u.jpg

southern France, in which the bull is not injured, but rather the contestants are. :P

Bullfighting in San Pedro is much different than in Spain, where the bull is violently killed by the matador. The form of bullfighting in San Pedro is much more in common with that of

panthersimcity4

Once again, we follow a few college-age kids as they have their Spring Break... even though it's Sunday. I planned on posting this update earlier but I was gone in Seattle, so I couldn't.

DJ: "Ciao, I am Berta.... I used to be a beautiful Italian socialite 30 years ago... now I'm older and in desperate need of money after divorcing that awful husband of mine. So, I'm hosting this old "DISCOTECA" Italo disco radio station... in English for all of you American and British tourists who come to the south of Europe to sunburn yourselves. I don't understand how to use this studio with all of these buttons... luckily I have a young North African immigrant in here to fix everything for me."

costads.jpg

Robert: "I hate this place."

Trisha: "Why, because none of the nightclubs would allow you and Dave in?"

Jessica: "Why wouldn't they let you guys in?"

Dave: "Well, Robert thought it would be a good idea to use his miniscule Spanish skills to convince the bouncer into letting us in. Unfortunately, he told the bouncer he wanted to roast a pig on the dancefloor."

Trisha: "Wow."

Dave: "It's so unfair. I totally wanted to hook up with a Pedrian girl."

Jessica: "Dave, don't you have a girlfriend?"

Dave: "Yeah, but she left me for some guy at a community college."

Jessica: "Ohh."

Robert: "I hope there's some nightlife on the coast that we can check out."

costa4ggdsfhg.jpg

Robert: "Maybe we should just get off at the airport and head back home. I'm tired of this place."

Jessica: "Aww, don't be discouraged. I'm sure there will be some good places to see along the coast. I, personally, would like to see the old Jesuit cathedral of Alvares."

Robert: "Churches, churches and churches. How about some bars??!"

Trisha: "Speaking of bars, I brought some of that 'Sand-greeya' stuff with me, in my backpack."

costa5.jpg

Trisha: "Lepanto is the name of this town, huh? Wasn't there some kind of war or something here?"

Jessica: "Actually, there was the Battle of Lepanto, however it took place off the coast of Greece in the 16th century between European and Ottoman naval forces."

Trisha: "Oh. Well whatever. I'll just continue sipping my drink."

Jessica: "Um, Trish... how many bottles of Sangria do you have in your backpack?"

Trisha: "Well, four or six or something. You know they sell this stuff in the grocery stores here? I love it!"

costa7.jpg

costa8.jpg

Jessica: "Wow, look at the gorgeous view from this train. The Mediterranean looks so blue, it's like paradise."

Dave: "I know. Lots of sun here too, something we learn to appreciate back home in San Lorenzo."

carife3123.jpg

Robert: "We're getting off here at Valdiz, right?"

Jessica: "Yes, I know where the hotel is... Dave, get a taxi for us when we leave the station."

Dave: "Okay, as long as the driver doesn't try to charge us extra for some phony reason."

costa1copy.jpg

Jessica: "Well guys, here's our hotel! The Valenciana Resort & Spa."

Trisha: "Wow, this place is awesome!"

Robert: "OMG there's a pool! There will be TONS of hot girls in bikinis there!"

Dave: "And some of the ads here say that the local nightclubs are the most popular on the island."

Robert: "Sweet!"

costa2g.jpg

After staying on the coast for a couple of days, Trisha, Jessica, Robert and Dave all boarded on a cruise ship to Barcelona, where they stayed for a day and then flew back to the United States. THE END! ;)

panthersimcity4

It's (my) Spring Break... which means I'm sitting here on my computer messing around with Simcity. I usually go somewhere cool for Spring Break... but this year, well, I'm not. For that reason, we'll follow a group of college students from the United States as they discover what San Pedro is all about....

Radio DJ: "Well hello there clubbers! It's DJ Wuzzbat here on IBIZA RADIO playing some bloody awesome tunes right here for you, it's a global dance party all the way from London to San Pedro!"

Tour Guide: "¡Bienvenidos a San Pedro! I am your tour guide, Alejandro."

Trisha: "ALE-ALEJANDRO ALE-ALEJANDRO!"

Tour Guide: "UM, excuse me señorita, I'd like to continue with the tour."

Trisha: "Sorry, I just love this punch you guys served for us."

Tour Guide: "Yes, we call it 'Sangria'"

Trisha: "Sand Greela?"

Tour Guide: "*mutter* Stupid American college kids....AHEM, first off, I'll show you the Cathedral."

Jessica: "TRISH! You totally embarrassed us."

Robert: "Yeah Trish, I don't want people thinking we like that song."

Trisha: "So---sorry guys, I'm just having too much fun here. Do you think there's booze in this punch stuff?"

carife11.jpg

carife12.jpg

Tour Guide: "Here, in front of us, is the Cathedral of St. Mark and the bell tower. The cathedral was originally built with a Gothic design, but was unfortunately damaged greatly in an earthquake in the 17th century. This structure was built in its place, with a massive dome. The bell tower survived however, and continues to be the symbol of the city."

Trisha: "Hey Alejandro... want to see the symbol of my city? *wink wink*"

Jessica: "UMM, sorry sir, my friend here had a little too much to drink. "

Tour Guide: "Yes, clearly. You'd be surprised how often that happens when we offer our free sangria at the tour office. Some people don't even leave the place!"

Jessica: "Wow."

Tour Guide: "Okay...everyone, next we will be heading to the Gothic Quarter, to see the Church of the Assumption."

Robert: "What is it with this guy and churches? I already get enough nagging from my mom for not going to church, now some tour guide is trying to make me go!"

Tour Guide: "Well, we visit these various churches because they are historic landmarks in the city."

Robert: "Well then let's make this thing fast, I don't want to be in there too long or I'll feel guilty about the wild party later."

carife6.jpg

Tour Guide: "This church is Carifé's oldest, and decorated with beautiful artwork."

Trisha: "You wanna see artwork? I got this tatt three weeks ago. It's a dragon vomiting flower petals!"

Tour Guide: "Well that is... actually kind of cool. But I was talking."

Trisha: "Oh... sorry 'bout that."

carife3.jpg

Tour Guide: "Welcome back on the bus folks, I hope you like the cool air!"

Trisha: "You call this cool air? I'm melting! It's got to be at least a thousand degrees in here!"

Jessica: "Well, my thermometer smart phone app says it's only 89 degrees."

Robert: "I'll bet the polar ice caps are melting as we speak. You know a million penguins die every year because of global warming?"

Trisha: "Who cares about penguins, I've got sunburns all over me!"

Jessica: "I have cream for that, I'll put it on for you."

Trisha: "Ugh...I feel like a fat old sweaty guy at a day spa."

Robert: "Well now I'm definitely not going to make an advance on you later."

carife2.jpg

1 hour later...

Jessica: "Finally, back at our hotel."

Robert: "Hey, Dave, how was your day?"

Dave: "Oh, I was just walking around the area."

Robert: "You ready to hit up the clubs later?"

Dave: "OH YEAH! I hear Pedrian chicks are hot! Even hotter than the ones in Ibiza."

Robert: "You went to Ibiza?"

Dave: "Well, no... but I saw a website once."

Robert: "Sweet, I can't wait to tell my roommate back home how I met so many hotties! Yo, Jessica and Trisha, you wanna join us?"

Jessica: "No thanks, I'm going to see a Flamenco performance later with some friends and then eat paella and dine at a romantic restaurant by the Mediterranean."

Trisha: "Sounds boring to me."

Robert: "Trisha?"

Trisha: "I'll go with you guys as long as you're paying for everything."

Robert: "Sweet! We're gonna get wild here!"

Dave: "That, or lose all of our money and passports."

Robert: "Hey, where is my wallet anyways?"

....to be continued.

Some of the W2W buildings are by Jack at SimcityPolska, a part of his Iberiada set here.

panthersimcity4

!Bienvenidos¡

Costa Del Este is an area of the island of San Pedro located on the eastern coast. It is similar to the San Pedro Riviera in that there are several coastal towns that are popular with tourists, however it is different in that it is not nearly as crowded and most of the towns have a more predominate fishing industry.

pasamonte.jpg

pasamonte3.jpg

otro12.jpg

otro2.jpg

puntavieja4.jpg

:thumb:

panthersimcity4

Cejala & news

We're on the San Pedro riviera, looking at a new city I've made. It's called Céjala and it is located at the north of the San Pedro riviera.

riveraaas.jpg

rivera101.jpg

rivera102.jpg

rivera103.jpg

rivera4.jpg

rivera3.jpg

rivera5.jpg

ALSO..... I've included some news from El Emperador, which is San Pedro's oldest newspaper and most popular.

nooz5.jpg

The picture for the North African vacation article is a teaser for a new region I've been working on. 38.gif

panthersimcity4

Finally, we are heading back to San Pedro. We first had to fly from the US to Madrid... and now we are flying from Madrid to Carife with AeroPedro.

aeropedro.jpg

24473954.jpg

63383646.jpg

carife7.jpg

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have now arrived in Carife. We hope you enjoyed your flight with us, we really need the business. I mean, REALLY. It's currently warm... it's partly sunny with some clouds in the sky. We hope you enjoy your stay in San Pedro!"

panthersimcity4

This is an update about a nearby beach suburb of Santa Leon. First, two region views - one with labels, and one unlabeled.

MESIAS1-1.jpg

MESIAS2.jpg

The airport in Santa Maria isn't visible on the picture, because I took the pic before the airport was built. Also, one thing you may notice is that compared to the region in real life (the Guajira peninsula area), this Sc4 region is much smaller in scale. Here's a link to the real location on Google maps:

La Guajira

Colombia

That was just because I wanted a smaller more compact region that I could make look good from region view. However, I may decide in the future to make things more realistic and seperate the large metropolitan cities into seperate regions, but for now I like this little region I've made.

Now, let's head to Santa Maria.

Untitled-1_01-3.jpg

Untitled-1_02-3.jpg

Untitled-1_03-1.jpg

santamaria1.jpg

villagesansebastian1.jpg

That's all for the update. Don't worry though, you won't be hearing the last of Santa Maria. 2.gif

panthersimcity4

This update is about the general quality of life in Mesias, and Santa Leon in particular. As you will notice, I remodeled the city quite a bit, because before it just didn't feel right. The hills in the south seemed to limit any kind of urban expansion, and so I decided to flatten them and spread the city out. This newer look is much more inspired by real life urban cities in the same region that Mesias exists, like Maracaibo (which is located across the border from Mesias in nearby Venezuela)

UNIVERSIDAD7.jpg

We'll start off by the airport since we just left the Mediterranean islands.

AIRPORT1_01.jpg

AIRPORT1_02.jpg

AIRPORT1_03.jpg

universidad4.jpg

universidad33.jpg

universidad22.jpg

universidad6.jpg

universidad8.jpg

universidad9.jpg

panthersimcity4

Mesias has an interesting political atmopshere, because of the eccentric president or local political figures.

POLITICS1.jpg

EL PRESIDENTE

Jorge Cortona has been the president since 2006, when he was first elected. He was a member of the Mesias Izquierda Party, which is center-left on the political spectrum. Despite his popularity in the voting booths and in many public opinion polls, he is widely criticized by many different political entities. He is often found in national tabloids, with gossip about his close relationship with Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez.

PARTIES

izquierda22.jpg

derecho11.jpg

socialist33.jpg

liberacion44.jpg

POLITICIANS & MAJOR FIGURES

Rodrigo Juarez-Alava is the vice president, who is jokingly referred to as "el burro nacional" (The National Donkey) as he often takes the load of criticism against the president.

Isabella Xerella-Cortona is the president's 3rd wife, and spends much of her on time TV and  vacationing along the Caribbean coast.

Alandra Morales is the president's first wife, and his most vocal critic. At one point, she made an outrageous claim to a newspaper that the president secretly had a sixth toe on one of his feet.

Estrella Dominico is the leader of the Socialist party and an avid feminist. She is known for her calls to the workers of Mesias to demand more economic socialism, despite reports that she has a taste for high-end luxuries.

Roberto Ferretero is the leader of the Los Derechos party, and is the president's second harshest critic. He accuses the president of being an authoritarian and sympathizer to Cuban communism. However, Roberto himself has been criticized for being in close ties with American  corporations that occasionally fund his campaigns.

THE CAPITOL

Santa Leon's most important government building is the National Palace. (And yes, I did redo Santa Leon a bit. I KNOW, I KNOW.... I can never make up my mind. 3.gif)

presidencia2copy.jpg

The National Palace is located in the CBD near the Plaza Miraflor. It was built in the 1700s since the government palace in the old colonial quarter was too small.

And now, an advertisement for Mesias' official airline, MESAIR. We're heading back to Mesias from a short trip to San Pedro, when we visited the nightclubs and also spent a day at the nearby North African enclave. In this picture you can see the airplane flying over Isla Sucre.

mesair1.jpg

I hope my photoshopping didn't look too fake. 3.gif

Anyways, next update will be in Santa Leon. Thanks for reading!