About this City Journal

A kingdom in Oceania, by Ricardobty

Entries in this City Journal

ricardobty

United Kingdom of Great Yoshiurian Islands

Royal Coat of Arms: 6808587556_9af29a2932.jpg

(made by my Girlfriend)

flag: 6808587666_8d5206c874.jpg

Official language: Yoshiurian Japanese dialect (33%)

Recognised languages: English (78%), Portuguese (24%)

Ethnic groups: 47% European, 28% Japanese, 23% mixed, 1,8% Black, 0,2% other

Demonym: Yoshiurian

Legislature: Parliament

Upper house: House of Lords

Lower house: Shūgiin

Formation: Treaty of Monkville (1808) and Atc of Great Union (1898)

Population: 9,878,456 inhabitants

Density 38,24/km2

HDI: 0,892 (very High)

Currency: Simoleon (§)

Calling code: +68

internet TLD: .yo

ISO 3166 code: YO

United kingdom of Great Yoshiurian Islands or just United Kingdom of Yoshiuria is a is a sovereign state located off north-eastern of oceania, north of the Marshall Islands.

The United Kingdom is a unitary state governed under a constitutional monarchy and a parliamentary system, with its seat of government in the capital city of Yoshiuria. It is a country in its own right and consists of three countries: Yoshiuria, Country of Vasco and New Australia. There are two devolved national administrations, each with varying powers, based in Saint Antonio of Angels Fort and North Cape, the capitals of Country of Vasco and New Australia respectively.

6808422214_50f902cc8e_b.jpg

political map. blue: new Australia, Red: Yoshiuria, Green: Country of Vasco

History

The islands of Yoshiuria were first inhabited by Japanese settlers fleeing from Mongol invasions. they established a small fishing colony near the present city of Yoshiuria. But it was during the sixteenth century the colony began to grow with the successive invasions for colonization of Portuguese and English. several wars occurred between Portuguese, English and native which formed three nations in middle 17th century: Vasco da Gama's Lands, ruled by Portugal (current Country of Vasco); Commonwealth of New Australia, ruled by the British Empire; and Yoshiuria, the smallest one, but the only independent.

6808422148_40c314bcd0_b.jpg

San Sebastian Fortress, built by the British in 1579 in Yoshiuria, the capital

In 1707 the Yoshiurian began attacking Portuguese and English cities to expand their boundaries. Until 1800, they won two thirds of the lands.

In 1808 things changed. with the threats of Napoleon, the Portuguese royalty wanted to escape for some of their colonies. as in Brazil and Africa there were many civil wars and the islands of ioshiura had the presence of British allies, the only way was to create a peace treaty with the Japanese natives. The Treaty of Monkville. (at this time, a Portuguese city under control of Yoshiuria)

6954530287_9bc7e1de9e.jpg

Plaza de la Cita and Nossa Senhora da Conceicao church, in Monkville. where was signed the treaty

the treaty has established the United Kingdom of Vasco & Yoshiuria with the capital city in Saint Antonio of Angels Fort. But the union between two people was not accepted by the population and there were many Portuguese Yoshurian guerrillas that massacred each other until 1849, when the Emperor Dom Pedro II had a daughter with a Japanese descendant, Princess Mary, and when her father died, the mixed queen moved the capital to Yoshiuria City restored the peace between two peoples. The Queen also fight for the idependence, and won in late 1877. (when New Australia became independent in 1897 immediately became part of the united kingdom)

Geography

Yoshiurian Kingdom is made up of two main islands and a number of smaller islands with a total area of 258,314 square kilometres.

6954485481_e3ab313e5e_b.jpg

map of geography and rivers

The North Island is the largest land mass and the west side is limited by the cliffs of Suffragette Alps. There are 16 peaks over 2,000 metres, the highest of which is the Mount Sakura at 3,148 metres (10328ft). there are mountains and deep fiords that record the extensive ice age glaciation in north-western corner. there are volcanic islands scattered along the coast of north and northwest.

6954531295_14ff41fc9f_m.jpg

6954530651_fa0cbceb76_m.jpg

6808422750_d364e28dac_m.jpg

Fiords, Cliffs ans vulcanic activity around North island

The south island is less mountainous, which favored extensive farming. and, being further south is warmer. The south coast of South Island is surrounded by coral reefs and tropical islands.

Economy

The economy is based in Coal, oil, high tech industries and grains, especially rice.

it took me a long time and hard job, please comment!

ricardobty

Here is my second entry and Ill show you the Civic Center.

6948186061_77161c4a91_b.jpg

Here is the main gates of the Queen's Botanical Garden. Its closed, maybe she's taking a walk and she doesn't like to be disturbed

6802076490_063348d70a_b.jpg

Now, the Great Parliament Building. Its where are the two houses of parliament: the House of Lords (European House) and the Shūgiin (Japanese house).

You may also see the Queen's Winter Palace and another part of Queen's Botanical Garden

I'm writing a Wiki style article about the colonization and the history of the kingdom for next entry, but it's half Japanese half European.

ricardobty

I was planning to create a CJ, so I'll leave these pics here, if you appreciate I will add more entries

6946150321_a32cf331fe_b.jpg

This is the Yoshima Nuclear Power Plant 1 (of 2), this is in Yoshima Industrial District, in Yoshiuria, the capital. you can see also the two substations that distribute power to the capital and neighboring towns

6946150499_54b574b167_b.jpg

I was walking through downtown and snapped this picture of the city's oldest secondary school, the House of Knowledge.

thanks

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0