• Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A wanna-be AIN Member

Entries in this City Journal

sri2

End of this CJ?

Hi Simtropolis community,

Even this CJ has spanned oly 1 REAL entry, I have decided to stop with this particular city...for now. The UCD, from my perspective, has been planned terribly( for example: I had 2 airports- one national, and 1 international! Crazy!!!) and I am planning to totally redo the UCD. Hence, for now, I have been working on another city, which is yet to be named, but will follow in the tradition of naming so far seen on my CJ. It is GREATLY improved over the UCD, in terms of my advancement as an SC4 player. I have been able to master the game a lot more than before, and have been able to, overall, produce a better final result. I will be debuting this CJ soon, and will follow up with it as I build it. I will also be deciding what to do with the UCD soon.

About the new city- it will be a typical American-style metropolis, surrounded by typical American suburbs.

It should have a better turnout, and I hope to see continued support from the Simtropolis community!

If all goes well with this, and I manage to get the UCD back up and running as I would like, I may apply for the AIN in the future.... but that's a LONG way off.

Anyways, be looking forward to a new CJ!

Oh yeah, before I sign off, if anyone has suggestions for names, please let me know....

Thanks for viewing!

sri2

Replies:

10000000000000: Thanks for the information. I look forward to posting often here on ST.

Hi,

Today's update will detail the Downtown, Midtown, and Uptown Districts of Decidopolis.

Some time before this update, an earthquake happened in Decidopolis, and some buildings were abandoned, and ultimately demolished, by the city due to the structures being rendered unsafe for inhabitants anymore.

So, without any further ado, here's Decidopolis!

Decidopolis1.jpg

The old business district of Decidopolis. The city is known for terrible zoning laws, and hence, towering skyscrapers border small bungalows to elementary schools and everything in between, as you will see further on in this update.

decidopolis2.jpg

Another view of the old CBD, with the new one visible in the corner...

Decidopolis3.jpg

And here's the new CBD. As you can see, it's still under development, and a host to numerous examples of terrible zoning by the city (just look at the top of the picture to see a low density residential zone- this was actually zoned as a high density area, but many of the older residents don't want to leave their homes).

Decidopolis4.jpg

Towards the north of downtown...

Decidopolis5.jpg

The CBD, with a good view of the downtown residential developments...note that the tower that was under construction is now finished...

Decidopolis6.jpg

The main residential district in Downtown Decidopolis...

Decidopolis7.jpg

And finally, the entire downtown.

Decidopolis8.jpg

And now we come to the West Midtown Area. Once again, note the abandoned structures...this area was hit the hardest, besides Downtown.Decidopolis9.jpg

Here is the northern part of East Midtown, with a part of the National Decidopolis University on the left side.

Decidopolis10.jpg

The southern half of the East Midtown. Note: the avenue that passes through the middle of the picture is the same avenue you saw in the previous picture, just for some perspective.

Also, see the MAVE-6 and the bridge in this picture, those are Federal Routes 4 and 5, respectively

Decidopolis11.jpg

And finally, here is the Uptown, just north of the West Midtown you saw a little bit ago. It's relatively small compared to what you've seen so far.

Well, that's all! Thanks for reading, and please do leave a helpful comment or anything else of the sort. Also, gve me suggestions on what I could show next.

If you have any background questions about this CJ, please do read my first post: A Wordy Introduction...

Thanks for reading! Constructive criticism appreciated!

sri2

A Wordy Introduction...

Hi,

This is my first CJ (obviously). Nothing much to say from a member standpoint, but I do want to know how to upload pictures from the game onto Simtropolis (help please!).

About Understandia: It's a medium-sized country (like France) on an undetermined planet, and the capital city is Comprendis. However, it, as well as a couple of other cities, are located in the Understandia Capital District (UCD), the topic of this CJ.

Understandia itself is a Democratic nation based on fairly liberal principles, and has a modern, successful economy that is very involved in global affairs. The head of state in Understandia is the President, who serves a 5-year term after every election, and is the head of the Executive Department. The Prime Minister is the head of the Senate, or the Legislative Department, and the Prime Justice is the head of the Judiciary Department. I don't want to bore you with all the details now; I will do so when I get to publishing Comprendis itself (but first I have to make it!)

My next post will be about the city of Decidopolis, the second-largest metropolis in the UCD.

Before I finish, I just want to leave a note to acknowledge the operation of this CJ: the regular comments about the post will be in regular font, and the 'developer's' notes and comments will be in italics, like this .

sri2

A Wordy Introduction...

Hi,

This is my first CJ (obviously). Nothing much to say from a member standpoint, but I do want to know how to upload pictures from the game onto Simtropolis (help please!).

About Understandia: It's a medium-sized country (like France) on an undetermined planet, and the capital city is Comprendis. However, it, as well as a couple of other cities, are located in the Understandia Capital District (UCD), the topic of this CJ.

Understandia itself is a Democratic nation based on fairly liberal principles, and has a modern, successful economy that is very involved in global affairs. The head of state in Understandia is the President, who serves a 5-year term after every election, and is the head of the Executive Department. The Prime Minister is the head of the Senate, or the Legislative Department, and the Prime Justice is the head of the Judiciary Department. I don't want to bore you with all the details now; I will do so when I get to publishing Comprendis itself (but first I have to make it!)

My next post will be about the city of Decidopolis, the second-largest metropolis in the UCD.

Before I finish, I just want to leave a note to acknowledge the operation of this CJ: the regular comments about the post will be in regular font, and the 'developer's' notes and comments will be in italics, like this .

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0