• Moose

Japan and Okinawa

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A semi-recreation of the country of Japan and the islands of Okinawa,1600 km south of the first.

Entries in this City Journal

hahei

Disaster!

Hi! Sorry this CJ hasn't been active, I've been busy. Anyway, I have a little challenge for you. What is it? Simply guess the first letter of the second word of the island in the picture.The winner will get a shiny penthouse apartment on the highest residential building in Nawa :D (In my CJ, of course :})

gfdly.png

hahei

I'm back! :evil: So, continuing from where we left off...

Step 4:

1. Go to "Filter"

2. Hover over "Distort"

3. Then click "Diffuse Glow"

4. Then you can adjust how much you want. In my case, I did 8.

Step 5:

This is progress so far:

step5dr.jpgAs you can see, my screen looks sightly different from what you might currently have. I went into the "Quick" tools section. Here, I can adjust color, saturation, hue, temperature and the tint, and also sharpen the image. Which brings us to our next step...

Step 6:

I mainly adjusted saturation, to give a darker feel, a little "warmer" temperature and a slight bit of change in tint. This is what my image looks like now:

darkertokyo.jpg

And now for the icing on the cake:

Step 7: I now add text: This is represented by a black "T" It may take a few seconds to a few minutes to load, don't worry, that's normal. To type, click on a location on your photo and just, well, type!

tokyowtextb.jpg

Step 8:

And our final result:

tokyo1969.jpg

Congratulations :thumb:! You've gone from bland picture-poster to photoshop pro! Now, all that's left to do is post on your CJ or picture contest!

Other Photoshop tutorials:

http://www.simtropol...e-pictures-r235

That's it! Please Rate, Comment and 1+!

hahei

Hello! 8)! Today I'm going to show you how to turn this rushed, bad city picture:

tokyojan6011335680420.png

Into this:

tokyo1969.jpg

Step One:

Open Photoshop

steponea.jpg

Step 2:

Click the "burn" tool and size it up to 2500 pixels

burntool.jpg

Step 3:

Darken the entire screen: Feel free to make the brush smaller and create shadows

tokyodark.jpg

To be continued in Part Two, Coming out 30/04/2012 ! :thumb: Please rate, 1+ and comment!

hahei

Short Story Teaser

But first, remember this Saturday is:

earthhour2012.jpg

But not to delay...

Simtropolis Productions present...

Title looks familiar22.gif...

bookcoverq.jpg

Thanks for viewing! Please rate, comment and 1+! There will be a full entry tommorow!

<b>

hahei

Minor Apology

I apologise for yesterdays entry, where I used TD's train joke, and was subject to criticism. Also to clear up, that was an actual SC4 picture, though unless it is wanted I am not planning to repost it. I will be adding a full entry in the next 3 hours. Thank you, and I hope you accept this apology, especially TowerDude, and that you will not be discouraged from viewing this CJ. Thank you.

hahei

Good day (or night)! At the moment, I'm working on Nawa, Okinawa's main city, so there's not much to see. Soooooo, today we're blasting off to Earth's one and only major natural satellite (except a few tiny meteor things). Enjoy!

themoono.jpg

(Insert witty Dr. Who reference here)

drwhoreference.jpg

Thanks for viewing! Please rate, comment and 1+ 9.gif!

hahei

Rice Fields Tutorial

okinawabannerg.jpg

Hello! Today I'm going to start a tutorial, as requested by Fox in an earlier entry.

What You Need:

Essentials:

Rice Fields- Rice Fields

SimFox Tree's-Tree Pack

Somy Japanese Houses-JPN Houses

Non- Essentials:

Store-Chemist Mori

OK, let's begin:

First, plop various rice fields and surround with draining:

tbnsep22321330217730.png

tbnsep17441330218131.png

As you can see, I've added a store and a small house.

tbnmar1501330218318.png

And, with a bit of terrain detailing, you can create this scene too!

Thanks for viewing! Please rate, comment and 1+!

hahei

Kouri-Shima

okinawabannerg.jpg

Hello! Today I'm only going to show part of the national park, the island of Kouri-Shima 4.gif

Overview of the island:

kourishimajun1909133014.png

Mosaic

mosaicpart3.jpg

mosaicpart2.jpg

mosaicpart1.jpg

Hope you enjoyed today's update! Next entry: Rice fields!

Please take the time to rate, comment and 1+! Have a nice day!

hahei

Description and Region

Hi! I've been wanting to create a new CJ for a long time, and I thought I should do an Asian-style one this time. When I searched for a map, I found MallowTheClouds Okinawa region, and I thought I should give it a go. So far, I am very pleased with it and can't wait to start building!

The real Okinawa:

okinawau.jpg

And the map (Sorry, a bit blurry-It's the picture on the creator of the map took)

0329ed633c64b78dc036748.jpg

Thanks for viewing! Please rate, comment and 1+!