• Comment
  • Views

About this City Journal

Quality above quantity

Entries in this City Journal

WimBaarman

Istaloëne

Istaloëne

This is my first (re-newed) entry of the city Istaloëne, a Dutch city in the region E World.

City: Istaloëne

Region: E World

Mayor: Me

Residents: 1.138.228 (perhaps it is now one more or less)

Major language: Nederlands (dutch)

City slogan: Voorwaartsch, Streijdveardig en Barmhartig (Ahead, Up in Arms, Merciful)

This Journal is about the city of Istaloëne, the largest city in my region. Welcome!

The city has about 1,1 million residents and is situated on the main river of the region. With a large commercial district (Metropolitan and Gerdamen Markt) and extensive industrial area's (Langschoten, Laatsch Kwartier, Ausias) the city plays a major role in the regional economics, and is the major hub of the region. This is ratified by the 5 harbours and International Airport Seltenaar, which welcomes every day more than 250.000 visitors.

The city developed in a very natural way from a tiny farmer-village into a great Metropolis. In the very beginning the only way to pass the river was by paying €2,- and take the ferry. Nowadays several 4 and 6-lane bridges connect the north and south part of the city. The city has also a huge tube-network and a intensive bus and train network.

Istaloëne is divided by the river into the northern part and the southern part. The northern part is always the biggest and most important part with its big commercial district. But since the redevelopment of the southern part, also this part is an attractive counterpart in the city.

The atmosphere of the city can be described as tolerant, active, and busy.

Here you can see Istaloëne, the cities around and the main river

2zjq.png

Metropolitan Commercial district Big offices, green avenues, skyscrapers and the main square.

8053.png

Metropolitan Park Commercial District and Central Railway Station A nice park surrounded by skyscrapers

q8q7.png

Gerdamen Markt [Gerdamen Market] Commercial district, and cultural-quarter

boma.png

Kop van Zuid [Head of South] Attractive area for shopping, living and recreation A living neighborhood on the top of the southern part of the city.

54ht.png

Langschoten Largest industrial area of Istaloëne, contains 2 harbours So many containers in the harbours, so many people find a job here.

14ru.png

Knooppunt Istaloëne Oost [istaloëne-East Junction] Important train and road junction in the eastern part of Istaloëne Highways and traintracks come together in the ouskirt of the city.

enip.png

Nieuw Zuid [New South] Small but elegant park located in the refreshed southern part of the city Living and working is a pleasure in the green south.

mg9i.png

Millenium Buurt [Millenium Neighborhood] A brand new modern part build land obtained from the riverThe newest part of the city, with the old IstolaTower -the highest building in the region- standing proud on the former riverbank.

f3x8.bmp

The tube-map:

vlz6.png

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0