• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A Journey Thru A Region's Development

Entries in this City Journal

memedoug85

The End :(

Just a quick note to say it's over. I started a new region a while ago and started going crazy with downloads.

I've basicly stuffed up the whole set up so I've gone out, bought a new copy and im uninstalling this copy and installing with a new disc.....

I'm removing all plugins and gonna start agin

I'm thinking NAM, SPAM, CAM

Then I'll go from there... Wish me luck

memedoug85

Hi everyone, just wanted to take you on a journey to visit the three airports of Springvale. Here's the region shot...

70.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're starting at the second airport to be built... Springvale's tallest building is located here...

41.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We then move east to one of the commercial islands... Demand has been a bit up and down recently so that's why there's abandoned buildings...

42.png

The other side of the border... Heading into high density residential...

43.png

Moving further east we come across more high density residential...

44.png

We then find Springvale's main international airport. It was first to be built.

45.png

North of the airport we find commercial...

46.png

There's more demand issues up this way but attractive development should save this...

47.png

Further north over the border we find the third airport

48.png

The empty space to the north is being reserved for more commercial...

49.png

Across the river and heading into the mountains...

50.png

So, I hope you liked this update...

memedoug85

Major Changes

Hi everyone, while Simtropolis was changing Springvale had some changes of their own.

1.png

That blank tile to the west needs some attention...

2.png

Freeways are over rated and alternate routes exist via avenues... Don't even need freeways...

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

This gives me room to zone the commercial that the west has been demanding for some time...

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

11-1.png

So, I guess you can see where this is going?

12-1.png

Island to the west is booming...

13-1.png

And the empty tile to the west has some beginnings besides just a freeway...

14-1.png

I'm pretty sure I'm going to need more space for commercial and I only want to zone that on islands surrounded by seawalls...

15-1.png

16-1.png

17-1.png

18-1.png

19-1.png

I am downloading other stuff but it's a slow process... I'm considering changing the seawalls to those grey ones that only sit on the slope and not the tile and the slope

memedoug85

Hello to all my viewers :golly:

I was having a problem with creating a new journal entry for a while so that's why I haven't uploaded anything >:(

I've also got sick of it so what better way to get back into it then to browse CJ's and forums all day then post a CJ entry :read:

region-2.png

Isn't it funny how Simcity4 is either really really good and addictive :rofl: OR just pure boredom? :( I used to go thru months of these fazes but lately its been weeks.

I really like where I'm going now. Creating nice looking residential patches up the mountains :lol: Lets see where this goes now...

memedoug85

Banner.png

Hi everyone, I just wanted to put out another post to show I haven't disappeared... Development is going strong. Demand for farms has decreased and these areas are being replaced with low density housing (pictures will come later)

Here's the commercial development around the convention centre and stadium...

ConventionCentre.png

Personal thank you goes out to the following people for commenting on past entrys...

Big_Tree_Z

NMUSpidey

emperordaniel

Idonoghue

Gagwee

harrythecat

TheSputnik

rweather5

4mac4c

kakado_to_save

Mother of Invention

titanicbuff

Schulmantor

durfsurn

JGellock

ee99

ggamus

memedoug85

0CJTitle.png

Springvale is on high alert tonight after two meteors smashed into the region. Scientists are puzzled as to why these meteors seem to be 'attracted' to the same location.

1MeteorAlert.png

2ExtremeMeteorAlert.png

Twenty four hours after the first meteor smashed into Springvale Island a devastating third slammed into the commercial district, killing hundreds instantly.

3ManyLivesLost.png

Transportation was the first service to be restored for the public.

4Transportation.png

before preparation for a Memorial Gardens began.

5DecisionsBeingMade.png

6PlansForMemorialPark.png

Trees were planted immediately and the area was starting to redevelop.

7MemorialParkGetsTrees.png

Desirability was an issue for nearby buildings that survived.

8DesirabilityIssueDueToRubble.png

Rubble was cleared, statues and plazas were built and slowly the area was becoming desirable again.

9DesirabilityFixedWithMemorialPark.png

A House Of Worship was placed to remember all those lives lost in the meteor.

10HouseOfWorship.png

And a cemetery which housed all the recoverable bodies from around the area.

11MemorialCemetry.png

A Major Art Museum was built to house paintings and letters from the general public.

12MajorArtMuseum.png

And the development continued...

13Re-DevelopmentContinues.png

... Congratulations Springvale for Surviving The Disaster ...

14FinaleMosiac.png

memedoug85

Title speaks for itself really...

I'm just wondering what you readers want to see... Is a storyline really that important? Should I make newspaper articles? Do you want to see zoomed in views and description of events that are taking place?

I was going to make a Poll but didn't want to limit answers to multiple choice...

Go crazy, tell me what YOU want and like to see in a CJ...

memedoug85

Hello again Simtroplians... Population in the State of Springvale has reached 20,000 and residents are starting to show signs of preferring shops, offices and factories rather then farms.

I just wanted to quickly show a region view before coming back later to show more detailed pictures and maps.

region040212.png

There is definantly no traffic problems as this region has a freeway, elevated rail, subway, ground rail and an untangled road design...

Keep eyes pealed for more pictures from here on...

memedoug85

Hello again! I've been doing some downloading and testing of some things and come up with two possible beginnings.

I could go the nature way and do this type of thing:

Nature.png

Or, just start zoning, while using trees and parks...

RHWwithfarms.png

I'm still downloading so it's in the testing faze... Just wanted to share a couple of ideas.

memedoug85

Welcome to my first entry for this CJ. I've been working on this all day today trying to get it just right.

VeryFirstPic.png

Obviously, I made the config first. But when I planned out the water I got a bit excited about the possibilities of what was to come.

Watering.png

I smoothed out all the water to make it beachy looking but then realized there was something missing.

Smoothing.png

I needed some sort of elevation... Maybe I could step it up and build on different levels...

FirstElevation.png

Or, what about this?

Mountains.png

"Hold on, what are these textures and mods about?"

ItaliaTexture.png