Cleveland , Ohio

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

This is about a real world place

Entries in this City Journal

Necropolis

Downtown is now about 150 years old and over the past 10 or so game years i finally got the passenger rail service to come alive again. After i downloaded some Subway to elevated conversion pieces and things like that and then i used them and i completed the Marriage proposal of Subway and elevated rail. ever since i did this the passenger service stopped flickering in and out with random passengers and from that point on the Passenger rail was here to stay. this is the second time that i have attempted to re-build downtown Cleveland. I cant seem to make car traffic go down though and this passenger rail success i did today has only served to slow the growth of Car traffic rather than get more car drivers to go out and ride mass transit.

Necropolis

In this version of the Cleveland region The 9 western districts in the NHP region get put into the grid where they fit best. But becasue my computer got eared 2 years ago im still rebuilding and now region population is only 50,000 people or something small like that and now 3.9 million people.

Necropolis

I have Developed a Master Plan for a New Preposed Cleveland Ohio map. The New Cleveland Ohio map will Measure 51 x58 Small city Tiles in Size. it will be 51 in the north and south Direction like my uploaded map but it will be 58 in size in the east and West direction. as of today i have finnaly figured out why my computer was not able to create the region and it was because the config file i create had a error in it. i have fixed this error. tommorow or the day after i plan on trying to build this region once again. I do not plan on Uploading this new region its only going to be for my own personal Use. but this City Journals cities will be Imported into the New region. I have created a composite map of the region using varius county map pictures from wikipedia. its impossible for me to extend the map into the south and include more of Cuyahoga falls or part of Akron. this is becuase the formations of the Cuyahoga river in this area are to unique for me to randomly generate. In the east to west direction its easy for me to randomly generate this area becuase its just Hills and the only part thats a river is just a small stream branching off of the chagrin river that i know that i can eventually add in at some point. after i create this region it will be very large and i could potentially pack as many as 50 million people on this region.

Necropolis

the region population continues to grow and is nearing crossing the 4,000,000 milllion population barrier which in real life would enclude the entire north eastern guadrant of the US state of ohio.

so far only two city districts have 1 million or more people. they are north and south west park. western west park has 200,000 people. although its bridges across the rocky river are great. there miles long covering the whole map. this river marks the border of cleveland with other municpalities.

Necropolis

Here in this picture you see a 5x5 Tile sized Cato Clothing store Located Near Ann Arbor just out side of Detroit Michigan. this 5X5 tile area is something i downloaded called West City Mall it would be just perfect for this site im showing. unfortunately all of the Cato department stores in Cleveland no longer exist. a former one of this in Mentor ,Ohio would be a great site for the West city mall landmark.

Necropolis

In this picture it shows the Summit county Bus Routes in Relation to my 36.25 by 36.25 mile Greater Cleveland Region. the Purple Square indicates the boundaries of the Sim city Region. Any points of Interest that Summit countys bus system can take you are also Listed on the map and represented by the the Purple Bus Logo of the Metro RTA of Summit county. Green Bus Logo's Indicate Portage County Points of Interest along its Cleveland Express Route all other P.A.R.T.A. Routes do not travel Into the greater Cleveland Region. Other County routes near Greater Cleveland have been left in the original Format. Un fortunatly the Lorain County bus system does not reach Cuyahoga county by Local County Bus service. So the only way to go from Lorain City to Cleveland City is by the Interstate Grey Hound Bus service. The Furthest away you can travel By Local county bus system is from Western Cuyahoga county to Downtown Canton city ,Windham and Ravenna in portage county or even as far north as Painsvile where is snows more due to lake effect weather paterns. Unfortunatly the Youngstown city also cant be reached by Local County bus either becasue Portage county never built a conection to Youngstown's county line.

Necropolis

Cleveland Continues to grow and some city tiles (Districts) of Greater Cleveland,Ohio have over 1 million people. There are two Districts both in Cleveland City limits they are North and south Westpark. I have begun work on the western part of Westpark in the city tile of Westpark on rocky there exists a bridge that's 1.5 miles long and is a Hugh chunk of the length of the map. on the other side of the bridges are the actual city limits of Cleveland,Ohio also i chartered a new Distict which is called Brookside. its south of old south neighborhood. due north from brookside is downtown Cleveland. My new Proposed region will be very similar to this region but the Difference will be that it will no longer stretch as far in the north to south direction. as you can see on the map theres two Tributary Creeks that branch off of the Cuyahoga river near the down town that look identical except for the thickness of this tributary creeks. this is becuase they are both the same creek but have accidentally been duplicated due to the fact that i was trying to show a scale of 2.5 miles accross for the Digger313 land and that the scale for the NHP land is 2.8 miles across . eventually perhaps by next summer in 2014 ill have it all worked out and ready to be built on again with no more errors.

Necropolis

I have had Fantastic Population Growth here in the Lakewood Corridor in the past Week. The District of South Westpark now has 1.3 million residents and the Neighboring North Westpark has 1.05 million Residents. each one of these large City tiles represents 6.25 Square miles this means that South Westpark has a population density of 208,000 people per square mile . North Westpark has a density of 168,000 people per square mile. also Western Westpark still has not been colonized yet. in real life Westpark is the Most Populus part of the city limits of Cleveland containing 100,000 people which is 25% of its population. this is mainly due to its very large land size but also to other Factors. I got rid of Most of the Farms here in Westpark. i only use High Density when i play so this is how big it got. Districts that are part of Cleveland City Limits will average about 1 million people but Districts in the Suburbs will average 750,000 people and districts in the townships will have 100,000 people. the goal is that i grow this Cleveland Region as much as possible so i can be the first person on Simtropolis to have filled it up and maxed out its numbers of sims.

Necropolis

The Region population Now Sits at 850,000 People so far i have only Imported New Horizon Projects (NHP) Districts into my New Expanded Region that will Measure 58x58 Small and also 14.5x14.5 Large in size.

My Region Population is Down from a high of 1,905,000 i had a few weeks ago. Regardless Now my Simcity4 region now Included More of Summit County and also has a new Busline Route 33. formerly the region did not go this far into summit county and only used summit county route 101 ,102 ,103 ,Cleveland Express. You people just sit tight Eventualally ill Had 10 million people in this region and still have most covered with Farmland.

Necropolis

I have Decided to Remodel The Cleveland Region. No longer will i Use All of the 28 Land based City tiles from the NHP portion. The reason for this is because both maps are not to scale NHP City tils are 2.8 miles across but the scale im now using is 2.5 miles across. so i had to thorw away Much of the Nhp region becuase its scale put the Rocky river in the wrong place. I settled on townships that would measure 2x2 large city tiles across. The Scheme is that The Large city Tiles have to Conform to the Township Boundaries along the edges of the Map. The picture i am Showing is the Raw picture of the Cleveland Region that i Have in the Planing stages the Actual Region will differ some what from this but it will be Generally the same. the map im showing has the 14 large city tiles i absolutely need from the NHP portion and the Rest ill throw away except East Bay village The map im showing Does not Show NHP east Bay village becasue this is the Raw map that has not been modified. im showing it to you Simtropolis people so you can see how it will look before i edit it further during game play.

Necropolis

Avon-Land part 5

Here you see the Brand New Avon-Land Sub region. i have gotten rid of all thos small city tiles on the edge and made all my city tiles as large city tiles there that looks much better. i My region populatlation has taken quit a big hit from having to rebuild this entire sub region but the pay off will be when i gain a extra 100,000 or 200,000 people in this general area that i would not have been able to reach before. the District of North East Avon is Brand New. on the Map it is N.E.Avon becuase i want to keep my names small so that i dont see the locations in all the townships. and about 75% of all the land tiles on the map are covered with township and township sized villages. very little of the land actually is ordinary cities with irregular borders.

Necropolis

I founded a new Village called North East Avon. i formerly had Settlements here but the Township lines were not matching up right with my Large city tiles so i made the Region map larger. originally the region map was 51x51 Small tiles across and now it is 58x58 small tiles across. i a few nights ago i was tossing and turning and could not get any sleep till i looked at my map and tried to find the perfect calculations to convert the map into all large city tiles and still be able to follow township lines. Summit County has gotten much bigger and also places in the far west where Avon and Avon Lake are. ill post a update to the Avon-Land Sub region as soon as i can. the picture im showing is my first picture for North East Avon. mY Financial Advisor does not seem very happy that i spent every simoloeon till the treasury is empty.

Necropolis

I founded a new Village today its called N.W. Columbia Township District. This Village is amazing its Surrounded by Tributaries of Plum Creek (Also known as Rocky river Western Branch). the town is surrounded by the small Streams sitting on top of the creek valleys. its in a perfect square and reminds me of Walled villages in the middle Ages. so far i have not placed any agriculture but i like this District overall because of its interesting hydrology ( Water-geology)

Necropolis

Avon-Land part 4

Im continueing to develop this map. Progress has been really slow the past few days. My Neice Hannah came over and wanted to play Simcity 4 also so i spent most time wacthing her pay instead. She is not aloud to play my Cleveland Region but she is aloud to play Chigmit Mountains alaska all she wants. anyways in this picture you can see that im still trying to develop the Avon Sub-Region. and my population still has not crossed over 1.7 million people. last week i was zooming along becuase the children were not over here.

Necropolis

My Region population is Nearing 1.7 million people and im slowly but surely filling in the Lake Wood corridor with more development. soon ill have to begin Rocky River which was actually built First in real life rather then last in my version.

Necropolis

I Founded a new Village its called North Brook Park. its part of the Lake Wood Corridor Its just south of Westpark and Near the Hopkins international Airport. the picture im showing is absolutultly amazing im astonished how big this village got. i decided to try something new here. ussally i make my new Villages on the corner of each district but today i tried to go back to Central Planing once again after having failed at trying to create downtown Cleveland. i now think i know where i went wrong.Eventually i will build a really awasome recreation and it will inspire a great many people.

Necropolis

Brooklyn Village now has 140,000 people and my population is now Just Under 1.4 million people. i still have a Hugh amount of Farmland everywhere. but the current plan calls that i continue to found new villages and colonize them and eventually region population will grow to 2 million like it is in real life. my goal is to eventually reach 10 million people which would be even more people then a region centered on Chicago,IL would have. Keep up the support all of you simtopians. i want to be the first Person to eveR on simtropolis completely fill up a Real World Region based on Cleveland ,OH/

Necropolis

I finnaly Decided to colonize this District it has 100,000 people. Im growing this region very fast it now has nearly 1.3 million people. theres so many more places i have to get going in the cleveland region. as you can see in the picture i have "gone full retard" with people high density. im not messing around anymore.

Necropolis

I finnaly Decided to colonize South Clevland. this Picture Shows the Current Development. the only real world construction is the OH-176 bridge acrros some tributary of the Cuyahoga river. the population of this district is over 100,000 people but very little of its land is residential city blocks. most of my land usage is agricultural blocks. if i play my cards right i can pack 10,000,000 people on this Region of ohio and still have room for parks. this is a higher population density then The USA in judge dred in the year 2070 before WW3 broke out with the East Megians.

Necropolis

Here you see im continueing the develop the Lakewood Corridor Sub-Region. My regional Population has crossed a Big Milestone i have reached my first Million people. theres about 2 million people in the region in real life but i have Packed these people in along the lake front real densly. only a mater of time now till i can Connect up The Lake wood Corridor With Avon Land.

Necropolis

In this Picture you see the Cleveland Region with County Lines Superimposed on it. the County Lines Are Purple marker lines drawn on in to give you a Idea how big this Region is. my recent Surveying has proved that no other countys were on the NHP portion besides Cuyahoga. each township is roughly 8x8 small city tiles big and also 2x2 large city tiles big. the baselines Digger313 used did not conform to actual baselines except the south boundary of the map.

Necropolis

West End part 2

West End's First 50 years is Rapidly Coming to a Close. In game Year 50 its the real year of 1847. here in this Picture you See a Petroleum (Oil) Plant. and in the lower part of the Screen you see a Gasoline Truck Leaving it from Getting Filled up. in real life Oil was not deiscovered till the 1860s which is game year 70. but the Human in this Simulation are Much more Clever then in real life. After i lowered Taxes the Demand for things Sky rocketed. but unfortunatly my Demand has Levaled off again. the only way i can get the demand back now is to Develop the District (city Tile) to the south of this. that City tile is a Mixture of Cleveland city limits and Brooklyn Village. Of all the other Suburbs Brooklyn Village is the only one that is a Political Peninsula. Brookyn Village is Surrounded by Cleveland on 3 Sides.

Necropolis

West End part 1

In this picture you can see all the zones have been laid out. i have strong growth still for agriculture even though i ran out of room to build more agriculture. i could only get more agriculture Jobs if i split each Agriculture Farm into two farms .Right now each farm gets its own city Block. this area Borders right next to Downtown Cleveland yet its not being flooded with its population and ways of life yet. currently Wet end is still a Agricultural Village of the year 1820 but after i lower Taxes and then Give them all the types of Zones they crave with thos lower taxes this Small forming village with 8,000 people will be transformed into a city with 65,000 people.