• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A large wealthy and free republic with bustling cities and rural farms

Entries in this City Journal

Gagwee

Growth around Grath City

In the past years, the Grath City region has experienced much growth and change. Since the 2010 census, the population of Grath City has grown from 800,000 to 1,065,000 people. The city of Steelport has grown from 600,000 to 730,000 people.

A view of the entire region.

GrathCityRegion.jpg

Inside Grath City, a newer view of the National Plaza.

National1.jpg

In the Grath City CBD, newer buildings have been constructed providing more jobs.

National4.jpg

Due to lack of room, new development is constructed on landfill. On Beach Island, a new development has been constructed with high-rise condos overlooking the skyline of the mainland and the vast blue ocean.

National2.jpg

To support the city's growing population, a brand new medical center has been constructed on the coast to provide medical care to the city's new citizens.

National3.jpg

The new development on Beach Island has added much traffic congestion to the Beach Island Bridge.

National5.jpg

New high-rises have also been built on the coast.

National6.jpg

Outside of Grath City, Steelport has also experienced much new development. The Airport has been expanded from one lane to three.

National7.jpg

Where the old airport once was, there is now office buildings and a large park.

National8.jpg

Last but not least, the Grath City Panthers, the football team for the Grath City region, just got their brand new stadium completed in Plattsburg, a suburb south of Steelport. It's in this stadium that the Panthers will soon play the Stalina Hammerheads for the Grathonian Football League (GFL) championships.

National9.jpg

IMPORTANT

I have a few ideas for my next entry but I'm not sure what one I should do. I have ideas for a another rural area, another big city, or a ghetto-type city. Please tell me which one you'd like to see. Thanks!

Thank You for viewing! Please comment and rate!

Gagwee

As we head south on Interprovence-4 we cross the border between the provinces of Praction and Ravenport. We then turn and start heading east, and we end up on the coast of Ravenport in the shining capital city of Stalina.

Downtown Stalina

Stalina1.jpg

Stalina6.jpg

The city of Stalina is huge with over 400,000 inhabitants within the city's limits and millions living in the surrounding area. These people go shopping in the city's strip mall district with the mall, Target, and WallMart.

Stalina2.jpg

Stalina7.jpg

Stalina8.jpg

Running along the coast of Stalina is Wilkner's Island, with it's quiet suburbs and it's single family homes.

Stalina3-1.jpg

Stalina4.jpg

Stalina5.jpg

Travelers and tourists can always stay in the Courtyard Marriot hotel.

Stalina9.jpg

Thank you for viewing! Please rate and comment!

Gagwee

Running along the southern border of the province of Praction, are the Streisbeck mountains. These mountains are home to some of the largest forests in Grath.

A picture of the beautiful coniferous forests in the Streisbeck Mountains.

Logging7.jpg

These forests are used for the logging industry, and the industry helps out the region's economy by employing many of the locals.

As you can see here, a large swath of forest has been cut down and it becomes a busy scene as the trucks come to transport the logs down the mountains.

Logging2.jpg

For enviromental issues, the government passed a law requiring the industry to leave certain areas untouched, so a new are has been chosen for harvest.

Logging1.jpg

Running along the left side of the logging area, you can see the logging road that is used to transport the logs down to the main road.

Logging3.jpg

The main road passes some beautiful scenery along the way.

Logging4.jpg

Finally, the road reaches the railyard, where the logs are shipped out all over the country to be processed and used for Grath's ever growing cities and towns.

Logging5.jpg

Some migrant workers come through the area to work. so some cabins were built by the logging company so that they have a place to live while the work.

Logging6.jpg

Thank You for reading, please rate and comment!

I'm open for constructive criticism so if you see anything I did wrong, feel free to tell me and give me suggestions.

Gagwee

What started off as a mere suburb of Grath City has grown over the centuries into a major commercial center 615,000 people strong, rivaling Grath City. Not only is it a major business center, it's also a huge industrial center that employs people from all over the Capital Region. Many corporations have their factories and their office headquarters just blocks away in the same city.

Steelport is famous for it's iconic skyline. The huge towers downtown are some of the tallest in the world.

DowntownSteelport.jpg

Being right next to the capital of Grath, a world superpower, an airport is needed to bring whoever from anywhere to the city.

SteelportInternational.jpg

The city has many office buildings, and here is a shot of an iconic buisness center in Steelport.

SteelportBuisness.jpg

To escape the busy city center, middle class families move to the quieter suburbs.

SteelportSuburbs.jpg

Thanks for reading, sorry that this entry was late, I'm just very busy with friends and school. Plus I'm lazy. Please rate and comment!

Gagwee

As you go off Inter-Provence 3 you begin to experience the real feeling of Praction. The province has a beautiful countryside and the Town of Kraston is a perfect example of a typical Praction rural town.

A view of the town.

Kraston.jpg

Surrounding the village is acres and acres of farmland.

farms2.jpg

farmland.jpg

Theirs 3 villages in the Town of Kraston, The Village of Kraston, East Kraston, and Leeds.

Below, the Village of Kraston

VillageofKraston.jpg

Leeds

villageofleeds.jpg

And East Kraston

eastkraston.jpg

Please rate an comment!

Gagwee

Woodsburg is a medium-sized city on the coast of the Grathonian provence of Praction. It is a major commercial area and is the hub of most northern Grathonian businesses outside of Grath City.

Downtown Woodsburg

downtownwoodsburg.jpg

Woodsburg is connected to the rest of Grath by Inter-Provence 3, which runs directly through the city.

Interprovence3.jpg

Woodsburg's citizens go shopping at the strip malls and grocery stores along Warren Street, going out of the city.

commercial.jpg

plaza.jpg

And if your hungry, you could always go to the International House of Pancakes

ihop.jpg

As you fly into the city, you can get a great view of the downtown district and the suburbs.

Woodsburgarialview.jpg

suburbs.jpg

The airport is on the edge of town and brings many people from around the world to the growing commercial center.

WoodsburgMunicipalAirport.jpg

I know that there are parts of other images showing in some of the pictures. I don't know why that happened and I'm sorry if it annoys you (it annoys me).

Also, please rate and comment!

Gagwee

Grath Statistics

NAME: Grath

OFFICIAL NAME: The Federation of United Grath

FLAG:

grathflag2.png

GOVERNMENT TYPE: Republic

POPULATION: 134,675,135 (2010 census)

AREA: 1,152,121 square miles (2,958,079.8 square kilometers)

CAPITAL/LARGEST CITY: Grath City

DRIVES ON THE: Right

CURRENCY: Penco

PROVINCES: Arenheimer, Bruth, Cranton, Grath City Capital District, Greeneport, New Saobonsburg, Praction, Ravenport, Salingsburg, Sovernia

MAP:

mAP-2.png

Gagwee

The bustling city of 831,425 better known as Grath City, is located on the tip of a peninsula named the Capitol Peninsula. It was an old colonial logging port but since then it has grown to a major world commercial center and capital of the Federation of United Grath (FUG or Grath).

Below, a picture of Grath City

GrathCity2.jpg

The city has a main park in the center of the Downtown area called the National Plaza. The National Plaza has the National Plaza Tower across from the Grathonian Parliament Building. In front of the Plaza Tower is a large flag of Grath.

GrathonianFlagmonument.jpg

Before Grath was independent, it was a colony of the country of Halingsbourg. Below is what's left of the old European-style Halingsbourgian city better known as Old Grath City.

OldGrathCity.jpg

In stark contrast, located just uptown is the Northern Business District.

BuisnessDistrict.jpg

Starting in Grath City and leading all over the country is Inter-provence 1, the beginning of the Inter-Provence Highway system. This major highway also plays a key role as the city's main artery for traffic.

Interprovence1.jpg

Below, a picture of Grathonian Parliament

GrathCity.jpg

The citizens of Grath City can get some of the best college classes in the country in their own neighborhood at the University of Grath City or UGC. Soccer enthusiasts also go to see the UGC Raptors play at the on-campus stadium.

UGCCampus.jpg

A map of The Federation of United Grath is below, along with the country's neighbors.

mAP.jpg

I know I have another City Journal named Grath City, that was lost on my old computer. Besides, this is a newer and much better version of that city so please enjoy.

Also, please rate and comment! I will happily take constructive criticism because I really want to get good at the game!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0