Today I am going to share a few details about New Puppetland, without any pictures yet.
- The mayor-king is a cat. I won't share his name now, though.
- The city planner helps the mayor shape this city. He is the one who made this city journal and typed the text you're reading now.
- This is called "New Puppetland" because part of the land area came from the original Puppetland. The original Puppetland was a place where puppets were popular toys and "moving puppets" strolled the sidewalk. The original Puppetland was destroyed. Puppetland II was built in a faraway place. It got abandoned because of lack of interest and was also destroyed.
- The busiest airport serving the city is KSIA. (I won't share the meaning of this abbreviation because the name of the mayor-king cat is there) because of how near it is to the city. Another well-known airport is the Josh V-cat International Airport (JVIA) or Empireofcities International Airport (EoC-IA), which is the smallest airport serving the city, yet very popular for the industry in New Puppetland. The last airport is called New Puppetland International Airport (NPIA) and has a large land area yet is very unpopular due to the undeniably long route to the airport as well as a lack of modern facilities. NPIA is currently under renovation with more modern facilities and mass transit services, and when this renovation is finished NPIA will become the largest airport in Puppetnation with an area of more than 12km2.
- There is a population of over 290,000. [uPDATE: The population went over 300,000.)
- As of now the commercial aircraft operating in New Puppetland airports is the R-Concorde (Restored Concorde) (Meow Airlines, British Airways) (Serves all airports), Boeing 747 (British Airways, Meow Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines) (KSIA only, NPIA coming soon), Meow Airlines custom commuter jet (Serves all airports). Coming soon: Airbus A380 (All airlines mentioned carrying 747) (NPIA and KSIA only), Airbus A320 (Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines, Meow Airlines, Philippine Airlines) (NPIA and KSIA only).
- There used to be an Area 5.1 base but it was demolished due to the Puppet War (Puppetnation vs. Toyville) being ended as well as security concerns. The Area 5.1 base is relocated to the military/air force base sharing the runways with NPIA.
- An experimental airport was built for breaking the world record of "Smallest Airport", with the airport itself (including runway) being slightly smaller (in terms of land area) than 5 real-size duplicates of the White House built side-to-side. Unfortunately, the 707 used for test landing and takeoff got destroyed after several dents from the nearby plane-crash proof New Puppetland Convention Center because the runway was too short.
- New Puppetland was the first city in the Puppetland saga (Puppetland [original] built in SimCity 4 in 2009-2010, Puppetland II built in SimCity Societies in 2010, New Puppetland built in SimCity 4 in 2011) to feature High-Tech industry. It was also the first not to feature a casino and it was the most secure and safe city in the saga.
- The choice of energy by the mayor-king was synergy so that power plants can each have a fraction of their capacity used and thus has a maximum life period. The sources of energy were carefully selected: Solar (15,000 MWh total power), Hydrogen (100,000 MWh total power), Wind Turbine (MWh not counted) and Modern Waste-to-energy (5,000 MWh one plant only). (The modern Waste-to-energy process used involves a lot of air filters and other techniques to produce a low level of pollution.
- There were several parks around the city to help reduce pollution and allow for a big recreation facility.
- The transportation system is seeing major reforms. A new highly-effective highway system will be used to connect New Puppetland with Puppet City.
[NEW) - Aside from airports and highway systems as mentioned above, the transportation systems serving New Puppetland are: Ferries and cruise ships, an intercity Monorail system, El Train/Subway, Roads, Streets and Avenues (of course), freight rail, and a spaceport (though a ticket to Mars is quite expensive).
The next entry will include pictures of KSIA and the city. Bye!