• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Dierapy

Entries in this City Journal

Lyhoko Leaci

CJ ending notice

After trying to keep going, I found that I simply can't continue this CJ any more. I need to have some sort of plan to go by, and I simply don't have one here and there hasn't been one since "The Battle of Narya, part 2," making it harder and harder to come up with something, and also resulting in various oddball updates that really don't have much of a link to each other.

If i can, I will make a new CJ, but this time I will go to a slightly alternate timeline back to the Galesfe City time and re-do it, this time with a plan. I will only start the new CJ once I have a basic layout for the entire CJ (or most of it at any rate), and also once I have all the new avatars for it.

Comments

Pipishere: Would the SCJu allow that?

Zelgadis: Myon doesn't do much with Earth nations (usually) but it doesn't ignore them, either.

Schulmanator: Even the ones straight off of the highway?

Archean: Already did this one.

tankmank: Which one?

Leech10: Big reply...

Schulmanator2: Yes, that sounds like it is probably what happened...

Chptrk: Well, it will be easier to looks though as there won't be any new updates...

Lyhoko Leaci

Vacations

October 30th, 0165AL (2021)

DPM2-59-1.jpg

Brian walked over to where Brad was sitting between Lana and Ayura, and as he got closer, he saw that Brad had a hand resting on both of their necks, and the three of them appeared to be asleep. However, when Brian stopped in front of them, they immediately woke up.

Lana.pngLana: Hello! Can you understand me?

Brian2.jpgBrian: Yes, but how did you--

Brad2.jpgBrad:  I taught her.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: And I helped.

Lana.pngLana: Oh! Look!

DPM2-59-2.jpg

They looked out of the skylights to see that they had arrived at the supergate, and while the supergate looked just as it did before, the vastly different view looking though the supergate as opposed to looking around it showed that it was certainly active. As they passed though it, the view of the planet Parel disappeared, to be replaced with a view of the now much more distant Milky Way Galaxy.

DPM2-59-3.jpg

It wasn't long before they were already though the supergate an approaching a second, larger one.

Lana.pngLana: Another one?

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: I think this is one of the newer ones.

DPM2-59-4.jpg

Lana.pngLana: We're here already?

Brian2.jpgBrian: Indeed... we got here a lot quicker than you would think, traveling between galaxies and all.

DPM2-59-6.jpg

A Yanar Class runabout, the planet Sarim, Milky Way Galaxy

valatv3.jpgVala: I'm picking up a communication... its from DPM-2, audio only.

bradjadziamg4.jpgJadzia: Put them though.

A somewhat staticy communication soon became audible.

Brad2.jpgBrad:  We've arrived at Antacar.

danielmk1.jpgDaniel: Already?

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: Yes, supergate travel is much faster than wapbervklex or hyperspace travel. The transmission is a little hard to understand, though.

bradjadziamg4.jpgJadzia: Well, you are in another galaxy, the subspace communications network really wasn't designed for this type of use.

A particularly loud bit of static interrupted them.

valatv3.jpgVala: We're losing the connection!

Lana.pngLana: Zama!

Bye!

danielmk1.jpgDaniel: Good bye.

The static returned, and this time it became impossible to hear anything else at all, and the connection automatically terminated.

bradjadziamg4.jpgJadzia: I don't think we'll be able to contact them again until they get back.

danielmk1.jpgDaniel: Yes... now we just need to find a good place to land.

DPM2-59-5.jpg

Antacar, SMC

After getting changed, they beamed down to their hotel room, which had the odd appearance of being from the 1800s, but with various devices far more advanced than what they had at home.

To be continued...

Myon City... sort of.

DPM2-59-7.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: Huh?

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: There's a picture here.

Nick.jpgNick: And I don't think that route is legal.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Or safe, for that matter. I know you want to get to the shops, but can't you at least use an off ramp like normal people?

Nick.jpgNick: Though I can't see any other way of getting to that parking lot...

Comments:

Schulmanator: Did you pack the proper clothes? And myonquakes can be just as bad as earthquakes.

jacqulina: Thanks for the comment!

Archean: Mose suspicions about Lana?

Leech10: Newspaper!

Leech102: Another newspaper! Wait, it's the same one...

Archean2: Already did this reply.

Zelgadis: So would "Carpathiaquake..." "Andrastquake" might work, its only 2 syllables...

Zelgadis2: Myon does have Earth territories...

Leech103: Another reply i already did...

Leech104: Map!

Leech105: And the same map again...

Zelgadis3: There was one back awhile ago...

Schulmanator2: Though irregular borders are harder unless water is involved...

Korot: Yes, that can be difficult...

Lyhoko Leaci

Lana

October 27th, 0165AL (2021)

RDPM.jpg

Myon RDPM

Brad was showing Lana around the more public areas of the RDPM building for two reasons. One, she was curious, and two, he wanted to show her that not everyone was like Valira. Right now, they were next to one of the several holosuites in the building for when people have time off.

Lana.pngLana: Jü quak'amn pyomû pukekh jaka jalaq?

So this is a virtual world inside of a room?

Brad2.jpgBrad: E, a thügzaîsn mlabëé tezhênk a vegsn zaîsn ja hyip.

Yes, you can do nearly anything you want to do in there.

Lana looks over at a control panel that showed that the holosuite was currently unnoccupied, and that the most recently run program was something Ranma 1/2 related.

Lana.pngLana: Hrme'amn Dí Bask Dú Ranma? Kh hïn'amn Lanma?

What is Ranma One Half? Or is it Lanma?

Brad2.jpgBrad: Ja Engás hïn'amn Ranma, jïzer Zûnthãmê hïn'amn Lanma. Dapu, hïn'amn Medinëhan manga y anieme.

In English, it is Ranma, but in Zukish it is Lanma. Also, it's a Japanese manga and anime.

Lana.pngLana: Oh.

Brad suddenly looked up and then looked around.

Lana.pngLana: Hrme'amn ubaz?

What's wrong?

Brad2.jpgBrad: Ä egu alãqwa ivan meje... tït chü, qabbbase--

I have a bad feeling... last time, there was--

He was interruped when the floor began shaking, and he grabbed the doorhandle to the holosuite to stay standing. However, as soon as it began, the shaking stopped, the only remaning sound being that of a couple falling objects in the other rooms.

Brad2.jpgBrad: --Seqümnimyon.

--a Myonquake.

Lana simply stood there for a few seconds, almost as if she was expecting the shaking to start again.

Lana.pngLana: Jü, quaja keitboslarwn?

So, does that happen often?

Brad2.jpgBrad: U, tït chü'ame yínen límen ja ebba aeï.

No, last time was ten years ago.

Brad didn't say anything else for a few seconds, then shook his head and started talking again.

Brad2.jpgBrad: Myon tïmzami i ebba Stakhek Ancaron, a thügzama egü khä yathü a vegsn.

Myon is going to the Ancaron Empire, a can come with me if you want.

Lana.pngLana: Zatákrei?

A vacation?

Brad2.jpgBrad: E.

Yes.

Lana.pngLana: E, ä vegsn zamn!

Yes, I want to go!

Brad thought he felt something similar about her as when Brian used his telekinesis, but the sensation vanished before he could think about it any more than he did.

Comments:

Archean: Already did you.

Zelgadis: So you're returning fire with the HP references? 3.gif

Schulmanator: Yes, the new wood paneling for starships... Looks like it got a little toasty in the front, too many re-entries?

Pipishere: It in't that hard to find...

Leech10: Oh! comments!

Archean2: Tis pyámuk and hëpa... 3.gif

Archean3: Yes, it looks to be about 4 stories tall...

Lyhoko Leaci

Battle of Amanz, part 2

October 26th, 0165AL (2021)

DPM2-56-4.jpg

laurende9.jpg Lauren: Hmm... this isn't working.

She raised her right arm and a weapon extended from its hiding place in the exoskeleton. Lauren set it to "destroy" and began firing into the fireball.

DPM2-57-1.jpg

The fire from both of them soon dissipated, though the enemy Muphridian used smaller fireballs to knock the energy blasts fired by Lauren off course.

Lauren said something that no one outside of her suit could here due to all of the energy blasts being knocked around, and the occasional formation of a person-sized hole in a building due to said errant energy blasts.

creatureys5.jpgMuphridian: Do you really think that you can stop me like that?

laurende9.jpg Lauren: Watch me.

Before the Muphridian could reply, a humming sound filled the air, before an almighty crash rocked the area as a Wetrúmni landed next to another apartment.

DPM2-57-2.jpg

Everyone simply stood there for a few seconds, stareing at each other, waiting for someone to attack someone else.

DPM2-57-3.jpg

The Wetrúmni gladly obliged, and ripped apart, and ignited, the enemy Muphridian with one of its railguns before the Muphridian could even attempt to block the attack.

laurende9.jpg Lauren: How's that? You never said I couldn't call for backup.

DPM2-55-2.jpg

Meanwhile, back with most of DPM-2 and Lana

majzargolfne1.jpgMajor Zargolf: okay, I've just recieved news that the battle in orbit is over.

ltblacktb7.jpgLt. Black: What happened?

majzargolfne1.jpgMajor Zargolf: On our side, only two ships were lost, both of them Amanzan. Meanwhile, Mloret lost 124 transports, 43 Dlaryani, and 12 Blikorani, and a couple more jumped into hyperspace and fled. Only 3 transports managed to land, one of them near here. I think Lauren took out pretty much everyone who came out of it.

Lana.pngLana: Äen zami?

Are we going?

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: E, äen zami i Narya, pyomí Medimyon.

Yes, we're going to Narya, a Myonian planet.

Lana.pngLana: Hota?

How?

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: Hëpapyámuk.

Starship.

Lana.pngLana: Oh.

DPM2-57-4.jpg

They beamed onto the dropship, which then began to ascend into the sky to get ready to fly back to Narya.

Comments:

Zelgadis: That same avatar was in Episode 2... There's also First Officer Chatakra on the Valmal, don't know if she is Muphridian or a zuke right now, though. Murphidian?

pipishere: That's actually just Lauren... 3.gif

jacqulina: Thanks for the comment!

Schulmanator: And now, the conclusion.

Archean: Already did this one.

Archean2: Translation: Valira's very stupid! Very stupid! And Mloret! Very stupid!

I see sentence fragments... and an actual sentence.

Leech10: Big reply there.

Archean3: Again, this one is already done.

Leech102: Another one?

Lyhoko Leaci

Battle of Amanz

DPM2-55-2.jpg

They entered a nearby empty building so they weren't out in the open where Mloret might target them, and got their weapons ready in case he tried anyway.

Lana.pngLana: Mloret harit'amn?

Who is Mloret?

ltblacktb7.jpgLt. Black: Dlorwani pejaqulep.

An evil dlorwani.

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: A uhevasn vegawn teyekwn ke, qabbbasn mzhëpaen laura ja pyamni.

You shouldn't have to worry about him, there are a lot of friendly ships in orbit.

Lana.pngLana: Valira labekhese... heh, Valira'amn vexzaza, jhe laumn laurmn hëpaen heuxteme... E?

Valira said... heh, Valira's really stupid, she forgot to look for cloaked ships... right?

majzargolfne1.jpgMajor Zargolf: E, kh jhe laurme kïnen y ulumn kïnen.

Yes, or she looked for them and didn't find them.

DPM2-56-1.jpg

Meanwhile, in a different part of town

laurende9.jpg Lauren: One against... a whole lot. Sounds fair to me.

She said this loud enough that the enemy was able to hear her, then she added more quietly--

laurende9.jpg Lauren: Actually, I'm surprised Mloret was actually able to land troops... Must have been a whole bunch of transports launched at one and it a couple made it though.

A blue engry pulse from an enemy Blitkarni's staff weapons came shooting at her, and she simply jumped over it.

laurende9.jpg Lauren: Okay, so you want to play?

The rest of the Blitkarni began firing, and Lauren simply stood there, the energy blasts plowing into an invisible barrier well away from her...not even getting close enough to hit her robotic exoskeleton's shield.

laurende9.jpg Lauren: Take this!

She swung her right arm down though the air, and a roughly sickle shaped burst of fire formed in front of her and rapidly shot toward the enemy. It impacted one of the leading Blitkarni and sliced though his arm, causing him to drop his staff and leaving him with a cauterized stump before the fire dissipated.

laurende9.jpg Lauren: What are you worried about? It's just a mere flesh wound!

DPM2-56-2.jpg

laurende9.jpg Lauren: And here, have some more!

She continued to fire the fire-sickles at the Blitkarni, as they started to drop to to various burns and deep slices.

laurende9.jpg Lauren: I'm getting bored, can't you do any better?

She jumped off to the side, then formed a fireball several feet in radius in front of her.

laurende9.jpg Lauren: Let's see how you like a meltdown blast!

DPM2-56-5.jpg

She jumped back to the center of the road, then shot out a large horizontal column of fire at the remaining Blitkarni. It curved downwards in mid flight and plowed straight into them, baking them to a crisp, then igniting and melting the road that they were standing on.

laurende9.jpg Lauren: Oops, I think I got a little carried away.

As the green fire dissipated, there was nothing left except for flaming asphalt, and a ton of thick black smoke.

laurende9.jpg Lauren: What?

She immediately jumped on top of a nearby building, just as another green fireball came flying in over another building.

DPM2-56-3.jpg

The rouge fireball smashed into the street where she was standing just before, leaving a good sized crater that cracked the pipes below it.

She looked over at where the fireball came from and saw another Muphridian, this one being one of Mloret's.

creatureys5.jpgMuphridian: So, you managed to take out the standard troops. We'll see just how good you are, soon enough.

DPM2-56-4.jpg

Lauren launched another fire blast which was quickly countered with another fire blast, forming a large fireball several stories above what was left of the road.

To be continued...

Comments:

Note: Yintar-Yanar avaliability is currently subject to sporadic appearences due to a relative lack of time for SC4 playing.

Schulmanator: Yes, he is indeed.

Zelgadis: Over a month, it seems.

pipishere: Glad you like it!

Archean: Now, who might those ambitious people be? 3.gif Also, the wetrúmni should appear next update...

Lyhoko Leaci

Amanzan Discovery

DPM2-55-1.jpg

The planet Amanz

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: What is going on?

majzargolfne1.jpgMajor Zargolf: An escape pod has been launched from a small, unidentified ship that quickly jumped to hyperspace and left, and said escape pod has landed near here, and we're on the closest ship to that location.

ltblacktb7.jpgLt. Black: Once we find out who is in it, if anyone, we'll get them out of the way before Mloret's forces show up to try to take over the planet... though he doesn't know about all of the cloaked ships floating about.

Laur.pngLaur: Okay.

The Myonian dropship declaoked for a second, and they beamed down to the surface, before the ship cloaked again.

DPM2-55-2.jpg

After the white glow from the transport faded, they found themselves on a walkway in the middle of a bunch of wooden houses. They turned to face the escape pod, which was nice enough to plop itslef down in an open area instead of on top of someone's house.

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: It feels weird being back here...

ltblacktb7.jpgLt. Black: You're not disguised as a girl this time, though, and it is a lot friendlier in this area.

majzargolfne1.jpgMajor Zargolf: Well, at least it will be before Mloret's forces show up.

Laur.pngLaur: I'm not picking up anything unusual from the escape pod, and there appears to be a single person, human, inside.

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: Yes, that is what I see as well.

They look around the escape pod for a minute or two trying to figure out how to open it, when it suddenly opens on its own. The occupent, it turns out, is a young teenaged girl with red hair and a pigtail, wearing some sort of green clothing that appears to be all in one piece. She stared at them for a few seconds, before speaking.

Lana.png???: Ä huraq aglöxamn?

Where am I?

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: A'amn ja ebba Amanz pyomí.

You're on the planet Amanz.

majzargolfne1.jpgMajor Zargolf: Ä egu jamã hrme aglöxamn? Ä egu jamã aglöxamn Kharisk Zargolf Gürãn.

What is your name? My name is Major Kharisk Zargolf.

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: Ä'amn Brad Meiring.

I'm Brad Meiring.

ltblacktb7.jpgLt. Black: Ä aglöxamn Aubrey Black Jarumet.

I am Lieutenant Aubrey Black.

Laur.pngLaur: Y ä'amn Laur Hapesdut Göndün.

And I'm Doctor Laur Hapsedut

Lana.png???: Ä egu jamã aglöxamn Lana.

My name is Lana.

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: A hota princemn kha zame hyap?

Do you remember how you came here?

Lana.pngLana: U, ä uthügprincemn mlabëé.

No, I can't remember anything.

Before anyone coulds say anything else, Major Zargolf's radio activated.

blankqw1.jpgRadio: Mloret is here.

Lana.pngLana: Hrme?

What?

majzargolfne1.jpgMajor Zargolf: Mloret'amn hyap. Äen vegawn alaqzutesn hyap, ja ebba pyomí.

Mloret is here. We need to stay here now, on the planet.

Lana.pngLana: Valira zaza...

Stupid Valira...

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: Valira?

To be continued...

Yintar-Yanar

DPM2-55-3.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Ah, here we are in... wet Yintar.

Nick.jpgNick: That TP is going to make a mess...

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: This is the second day it has been raining... how is that TP still on the tree?

Nick.jpgNick: Anyway, we're near the M-3 loop, just south of M-3.

DPM2-55-4.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: And more of the suburbs, with more soaking wet TP.

DPM2-55-5.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: This area is near an industrial area as well, which has its own connection directly to the M-3 loop.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Which results in a waky interchange... but more on that later.

DPM2-55-6.jpg

DPM2-55-7.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: Or maybe right now.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Not only is there are a T interchange between the industrial highway and the M-3 loop, there are also two onramp/off ramp systems as well.

Nick.jpgNick: The southern one is missing an offramp for those headed south on M-3, though, due to a lack of room.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Make sure you read the map carefully here so you don't get lost.

DPM2-55-8.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: And this is the center of the cloverleaf between M-3 and the M-3 loop.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Not sure how this picture got in here...

Comments:

belfastuniguy: Thanks for the comment!

pipishere: Thank you for the comment!

Schulmanator: Siagra! Thank you!

Schulmanator2: Double post bug?

Archean: Yes, she is.

Zelgadis: And neither am I... so I'll just let Brian and Lil take care of her.

Zelgadis2: Yes.

tankmank: Glad you like it!

Archean2: You didn't say Claudia Black...3.gif Anyway, it is correct.

Hester: Well, has this been enough time to catch up?

Lyhoko Leaci

New Arrival

October 5th, 0165AL (2021)

DPM2-54-1.jpg

A hospital in Dolinluke, Imnatazhüthken

Brad2.jpgBrad: How much longer will it be?

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: You're not going to look?

Brad2.jpgBrad: No, I don't want to spy on them.

Just then the door opened with a whoosh and a doctor came out.

DrKetekh.pngDr. Ketekh: Aen thügalaqzama aja.

You can come inside now.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: What?

Brad2.jpgBrad: We can come in.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: Oh.

Brad, Ayrua, Laur, and Lt. Black entered the other room, and the first thing they heard was a crying baby.

Kayla.pngBaby: Whaaaa!

liljs3.jpg Lil: Come on, calm down.

Brad2.jpgBrad: What's her name?

Brian2.jpgBrian: Kayla Lillian Meiring.

Yintar-Yanar

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Ahhhh...

Nick.jpgNick: Nikki?

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Huh?

Nick.jpgNick: There's an update.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Oh.

DPM2-54-2.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: And the update seems to have one really big farm.

DPM2-54-3.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Make that several farms.

DPM2-54-4.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: Okay, so maybe there are more than just farms here.

DPM2-54-5.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: This is part of western Yintar, and there aren't any terraces ere.

Nick.jpgNick: Instead, they simply built right on the hills.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Though the hills are somewhat contained.

DPM2-54-6.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: More hilly development.

DPM2-54-7.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: And some more. You can also see a bit of the M-3 loop here.

Comments:

fern244: Glad you like it!

Archean: Indeed...

Schulmanator: Sure looks like it...

Zelgadis: And getting out is what matters.

Leech10: Newspaper and a map!

Archean2: Myon also as territory on the other side of the galaxy, which isn't shown on this map due to scale issues... it would be roughly an American football field away. (give or take an endzone) As for asking for help? PMs would be easiest.

Leech102: Another map?

Schulmanator2: Or you can do that...

Zelgadis2: It's wasn't a problem.

Evillions: It has been added, just have to wait for when I post a new starmap.

Archean3: And I do the same thing...

newyorkrunaway1: Thanks for the comment!

Lyhoko Leaci

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Newspaper time!

DPM2-53-10.jpg

DPM2-53-11.png

DPM2-53-12.png

Nick.jpgNick: Updated star map, showing the area the Myon Union will control.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: At least in this part of the galaxy.

Nick.jpgNick: And it only shows the stuff that is known about.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Both Galur and Helenthia are claimed by the Kingdom of Glump.

Lyhoko Leaci

On the Move, part 3

October 2nd, 0165AL (2021)

DPM2-52-1.jpg

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: Okay, there are two more guards coming this way, of the regular variety. When they open the door, I'll take the one on the left, and you take the one on the right.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: And if they don't open the door?

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: In that case, we'll wait until they're out of the area, then force the door open.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: And if they stand outside the door without opening it?

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: Fill up the hallway outside the door with a big fireball, then force the door open once the fireball dissipates.

They took up positions on either side of the door, put out the fire, and waited. The door creaked open and before the guards could react, they found themselves smashing against the wall opposite the door, the guard on the left now missing his head and the guard on the right suffering from major internal injuries. Brad quickly bent over the guard who still had his head and wiped the blood off of a sword onto the guard's uniform, before said sword turned back into an arm.

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: This way.

Brad took off down the hall, and Ayura shook her head to clear it, then followed. They ran straight though 2 hallway junctions and turned right at a third and ran down a flight of stairs, where Brad flung out an arm to stop Ayura.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: What?

Brad didn't say anything, but instead simply pointed to the window in the door at the bottom of the stairs. As she watched it, two guards walked past it, the sounds of the footsteps muffled by the steel door. After about a minute, Brad eased it open so it wouldn't creak, then the walked into the hall, and Brad closed the door again. Once the door was closed, they continued down the hall in the opposite direction the guards were going.

Things were relatively calm for the next minute, until Brad turned to Ayura without stopping.

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: They've found the bodies.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: So now we have to deal with more guards.

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: Unfortunately.

They took a quick left around a corner, and continued on.

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: Incoming!

Brad immediately spun around dropped to the ground and Ayura formed a makeshift shield around herself using her telekinetic abilities, just as a blue energy pulse came shooting down of an adjoining hall to the right. The blast hit brad in the left shoulder, sending him flying into the wall with a loud crack before landing on his back. The offending guard immediately ignited in a burst of green flames, causing the two other guards behind him to scatter to avoid the forming fireball.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: Are you okay?

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: I'm okay for now.

Brad sat back up for a second, and ignoring the pain in his right arm, stood up and continued down the hall before more guards could show up. However, almost immediately, another guard entered their hallway right in front of them, though he didn't remain standing for long due to the fist that landed on his jaw. As the guard began to fall, brad removed his left fist from the guard's face and pulled the staff out of the guard's hands and continued forward.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: How much farther is it?

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: Not too far now.

They ran down another flight of stairs, this one longer than the first, that took them well underground. Brad didn't even bother to open the door at the bottom, instead he pointed the staff at it, and pulled the trigger. A blast of blue light shot out of the tip and impacted on the door, knocking it clear off of its hinges, smashing a guard between the crumpled door and the wall. The dazed second guard went down after getting bashed in the head with the other end of the heavy staff. Another shot back into the stairs destroyed the bottom part of stairs, making it very difficult for any pursuers to get though quickly.

One of the muphridians quickly showed up in the hall after the noise, and Brad shot at it. However, the blast simply bounced off of some sort of shield and hit the wall instead, scattering rock chunks all over the place. The muphridian ignored the attack, and concentrated on generating several large electrical arcs, which jumped from metal support to metal support, forcing Brad and Ayura to drop to the ground to avoid them. Ayura suddenly lifter hand into the air and rapidly dropped it, causing another one of the support beams to be ripped from the ceiling over the muphridian, who ignored it, at least until the beam hit him on the head. Due to the loss of the support beam, and the hole in the wall due to Brad's shot, a large amount of rock collapsed down on the muphridian, completely burying him. Ayura slowly got back up once the muphridian was buried, now breathing heavily.

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: Are you okay?

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: Yes, a little tired from ripping the beam out of the ceiling, but I can continue.

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: Is he dead?

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: Probably not, so lets get out of here before he unburies himself.

Sure enough, the pile of rock began to shift as the muphridian attempted to get up. They ran down in the other direction, and turned a corner and reached a door.

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: The hangar is just past this door and a short hallway, the only problem is that there are a bunch of guards at the other end of the hall.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: Lovely.

Ayura yanked the door open and Brad shot at 3 of the guards who were visible from the door, hitting one. One of the remaining guards returned fire as they took shelter around a corner, though his aim was a bit off due to his sudden movement, causing the shot to fly harmlessly over Brad and Ayura, and explode on the ceiling well behind them. They entered the hall as another shot came from the corner, blasting the wall and showing them in bits of rock. After making sure the door was closed again, Ayura shot a fireball down the hall, causing the guards to fall back again. Brad quickly aimed the staff around the corner while the guards were temporarily distracted and fired, the resultant rock explosion knocked several guards over.

The guards wouldn't give up that easily, however, and quickly shot back, cratering the wall and blasting Brad and Ayura with more rocks.

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: Time for plan N.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: Plan N?

A bit of Brad's upper left arm formed into a lump, and separated into a green blob with four legs about the size of a hand. This object jumped down onto the ground and quickly ran around the corner. The shocked yells from the guards told them that the object definitely had their attention, so Brian fired two more shots at the guards around the corner and Ayura chucked a fireball at them, before they had to retreat again to avoid getting shot. While the nanite blob did distract the guards long enough for the attack to work, it did not succeed in doing any attack itself, as it was blasted back into the wall after the guards finally managed to hit it. The nanite blob, now looking slightly burnt, ran back to brad and re-integrated itself, after shedding the burnt skin off of itself.

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: 5 guards left.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: How many were there originally?

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: 11.

One of the guards, apparently an extra-brave one, got close enough to aim his staff around the corner, but as Brad could tell he was coming, they were ready for him. The guard's staff suddenly rotated back around, causing the part that creates the energy discharges to smash into the guard's face, knocking him out of the fight. Ayura quickly telekinetically pulled the staff to her, and succeeded in firing a wild shot back at the remaining 4 guards that filled the hall with dust and bits of rock. After avoiding two similarly wild return shots, Brad managed to blast one of the guards, who collapsed on top of another.

Just as both Brad and Ayura fired blindly around the corner, a loud crash told them that the muphridian had managed to unbury itself and had now found out where they were.

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: I'd say its time to get out of here.

Ayura ran forward and the hallway around the corner erupted in flames, barbecuing the remaining guards. She grabbed onto Brad's staff to keep herself from falling over, and the two of them made their way though the dust and body filled hallway into the hangar. Brad climbed into the Dlarya and helped pull Ayura up and in, wincing when he bumped his right elbow on the wall. A loud crash shook the air as they reached the pilot's seat of the Darya, and Brad immediately placed his left hand on the control console. The shields activated a second later, and the muphridian ran out of the hallway dust could and into the hangar, only to bounce off of said shield.

The front pair of cannons on the Dlarya fired, practically vaporizing the hangar doors and overloading the shield that held the water out of the hangar. The muphridian didn't stand a chance at all against the rapidly expanding cloud of superheated steam and vaporized metal, and was rapidly incinerated. Ayura and Brad fared much better, most of their injuries were only scrapes and cuts from flying rocks, which had nothing to do with the explosion from the Dlarya's weapons, the Dlarya's shield having protected them. The shock wave continued outward as well, and blasted steam and water hundreds of feet into the air as the Dlarya began moving forward.

DPM2-53-1.jpg

The Dlarya quickly flew out of the steam cloud and into the air, and began accelerating away from the base. Ayura looked down at a holographic display in front of her that had just activated, showing various objects around the Dlarya in 3D. She poked at the representation of the base, and the Dlarya suddenly shuddered as an energy bolt shot out of one of the cannons along the Dlarya's bottom.

DPM2-53-2.jpg

The blast impacted the base and it immediately was engulfed in a massive fireball that quickly cleared the remnants of the steam cloud away as the base was vaporized.

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: What did you do?

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: Apparently that was the weapons control system.

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: Can you not do that again?

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: Sorry.

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: I detected a hyperspace window opening shortly before the explosion... apparently they had another Dlarya in a shielded area and they used it to escape. Or at least, some of them did.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: You can activate the hyperdrive underwater?

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: Apparently.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: What about your arm?

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: It will heal.

Ayura tried to look at it, but as soon as she touched it, Brad yelped.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: i think it's broken. You're definitely getting it checked.

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: Yes ma'am.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: And are you going to do anything about your appearance?

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: What?

Ayura giggled for a couple of seconds before responding.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: Right now you look like my sister instead of Brian's brother.

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: Huh? Oh.

Brad's appearance began shifting back to its normal form as the Dlarya continued flying south.

Yintar-Yanar

DPM2-53-3.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Hey, we're actually in Yanar for once!

Nick.jpgNick: This is the same area as last time, only this time its the southern, Yanar side of the river.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Looks like people get TPed here, too.

DPM2-53-4.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: The upper area of the Yanar side is also flatter than Yintar, so there is plenty of room for large areas of development without terraces.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Shops!

Nick.jpgNick: Not again...

DPM2-53-5.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: Mixed commercial and residential area near the top of the slope..

DPM2-53-6.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Waterfront, with a ferry.

DPM2-53-7.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: More waterfront, with a pair of tall office buildings.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: And another ferry.

DPM2-53-9.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: And here's an overview of the coastline, with part of the flat upper portion visible.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: And two ferries!

Nick.jpgNick: There is also a farm tower.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: And the ferries!

DPM2-53-8.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: And this is the Yintar side again, only this time looking down the hill, instead of up the hill.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: 61 thousand people in this area...

Nick.jpgNick: All of them living in low density housing.

Comments:

Archean: No, the volcano wasn't that big... think Krakatau. 3.gif

pipishere: And more houses on a hill! Okay, the hill isn't as steep on the Yanar side...

Petrovar Ambassador: Are you talking about the river, or the lake near Lamranu?

Schulmanator: I don't think it is likely that anyone with nanites would want to sell them...

Zelgadis: Serious terracing for serious hills. And it must have been one of those cheap hotels... so cheap they don't have any beds in the rooms. Or lights, for that matter.

abcvs: It's not the first time it has happened...

Zelgadis2: So that is what that PM was for...

Hester: Siagra!

Thank You!

Lyhoko Leaci

On the Move, part 2

DPM2-52-1.jpg

Island Fortress near the East Granur Peninsula

Ayura Mar shook her head and looked around the dark room, and when she couldn't see anything, she generated a small green fireball in front of her, and looked around again.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: I don't think this is where we were supposed to end up.

Brad2.jpgBrad: Yes, an empty stone room with no windows is definitely not what the hotel looked like on the computer.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: Where are we, anyway?

Brad seemed to relax and remained motionless for a couple of seconds.

Brad2.jpgBrad: Its some sort of castle out in the middle of what appears to have been a big volcano, but it blew up at some point in the past, leaving a big crater. However, a new, smaller volcano has formed in the middle of said crater. Also, the castle is covered in dirty looking snow.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: I don't think I needed quite that much information. Can you tell if anyone else is here?

Brad2.jpgBrad: Several areas are shielded and I can't tell what are inside them. There doesn't seem to be anything in the unshielded areas, though. Hold on, someone just came out of one of the shielded areas, and is coming this way. Looks like a blitkar...

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: Didn't you make yourself look like Jadzia last time this happened?

Brad2.jpgBrad: Like this?

She watched as Brad's face and hair gradually shifted into a new appearance, barely visible in the dim green glow of the fire.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: Yes.

bradjadziamg4.jpgBrad: Yes, I did. Confused the crap out of them, too. I don't want to do it this time, though, as there actually is a Jadzia now... Would making myself look like you work?

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: That could confuse them.

bradjadziamg4.jpgBrad: He's almost here.

As Brad's appearance shifted again, Ayura put the fire out, and the room was plunged into darkness, and a couple of seconds later, the door creaked open, flooding the room with light. The guard looked around the room at the two apparently identical looking people.

blitkarguard2iq1.jpgGuard: So, it looks like we found twins...

The guard left as soon as he had came, and the room became dark once more, before the green fireball was back.

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: Interesting... there's a Dlarya parked underwater...

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: Can we use it to escape?

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: Possibly, I'll have to figure out a path to get to it first, though.

Ayura walked away from the floating fire and over to the door.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: If all the doors are like this one, I think I'll be able to make it though them.

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: Let me see.

Brad walked over to the door as well, and poked at the crack with his finger. Then, he shoved his left index finger into the crack. On the other side of the door, a small nanite blob oozed out and formed into a beetle-like bug, which took off down the hall. Back in the room, he removed his finger from the crack, with it looking the same as it did before.

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: Now I should be able to tell what exactly is on the way to the Dlarya, and if we can actually reach it.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: What did you do?

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: Separated a part of my nanites, and sent it to explore the area more throughly.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: Oh.

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: Someone else is coming. This time it's one of the muphridian guards..

The fire went out again just before the new arrival opened the door. He stared at the two for several second, then stared more intently at Ayura. He apparently didn't succeed in doing anything, as he shook his head and stared at Brad instead.

The view of the room dissolved, and the muphridian found himself apparently floating in space. Before he could do anything, a Masura decloaked in front of him, and fired. Back in the real world, the Muphridian fell onto his rear, then quickly got up and left the room.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: What did you do?

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: I let him somewhat into my mind, a totally empty part. Then I attacked.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: Interesting.

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: I could probably teach you once we're out of here. Also, I think I've found a route to the Dlarya.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: Is it clear?

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: it is now, but I don't know how long it will stay that way. However, the building doesn't have many defenses, so the only thing they can really do to stop us is send out a bunch of guards.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: That I should be able to deal with.

To be continued...

Yintar-Yanar

DPM2-52-2.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: We're currently south of Lamranu, near the Yanar River.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: This is the West Karnar Crater, one of two large craters in the Yintar-Yanar area.

Nick.jpgNick: This one is the smaller of the two.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: The other is just to the east on the other side of the M-3 loop.

DPM2-52-3.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: Simple commercial area.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: With a farming tower.

Nick.jpgNick: If you follow the road to the north, you'll eventually end up in the Lamranu industrial area..

DPM2-52-4.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: Hillside houses.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Much of this area of the waterfront is like this, due to the steep hill.

Nick.jpgNick: Each road going down the hill ends in a ferry terminal.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Speaking of ferries, it looks like that one is about to run into a pier.

DPM2-52-5.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: Same area, just at night.

DPM2-52-6.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: The waterfront, with a carousel.

Nick.jpgNick: And a sailing ship.

DPM2-52-7.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: We all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine...

Nick.jpgNick: Anyway, this is a more open area of the waterfront, with submarine rides.

DPM2-52-8.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Shops!

Nick.jpgNick: Yes, there's shops there... And a ferry terminal.

Comments:

Schulmanator: Somehow, I don't think it's a pizza delivery.

abcvs: Careful, don't actually break the news.

dfnva: Reading the back-story definitely can help...

Zelgadis: Probably not much of a guarentee...

abcvs2: They'll shut up if you feed them... sort of.

Archean: Oh... She might come there, or she might not.

Leech10: Beware of terror twins...

abcvse: Siagra! (Thank you!)

jacqulina: I'm glad you like it!

abcvs3: Indeed.

patfirefghtr: Indeed indeed.

Hester: You'll have to find Brad to ask him.. he seems to have disappeared again.

buildsolid: They're okay... for now.

abcvs4: I almost translated "The Wheels on the Bus" into Zukish...

NMUSpidey: It went quick...

Leech102: Äen'amn hyip? Make it stop!

Archean2: Where are these anime girls?

fabsies55: Thanks for the comment!

pipishere: A lot of twists and turns...

Hester2: I'm glad you like it!

Leech103: Looks hilly.

Twenty20: Thank you for the comment!

abcvs5: Looks more like Brian is speaking first...

Schulmanator2: It's the gold SUV in the left lane in the second picture of episode 1.

Hester3: *De-striping agent is beamed over*

Zelgadis2: Do you have a flying car license?

Archean3: Not all license plates look like the ones in the US...

That was a lot of comments... 3.gif

Lyhoko Leaci

DPM2-51-15s.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: Region view of the area of Yintar that has been shown.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Yanar is south of the river, not much there yet.

Nick.jpgNick: Click for full resolution.

Myonplate.png

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: And here's a basic Myonian license plate.

Nick.jpgNick: It is the year followed by the city code, followed by a unique code that is 1 to 5 alphanumeric characters, usually 3 or 4.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: In this case, the city is Namora, and the stuff at the top says Province of Narya.

Nick.jpgNick: The APZ stands for albëpyadazüth, which is Zukish for flying car.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: And on the left is the flag, the SCJU seal, and Myon's 3AC.

Brad2.jpgBrad: Why is our license plate here?

Brian2.jpgBrian: Indeed, why?

Lyhoko Leaci

On the Move

On the Move

DPM2-51-1.jpg

Niwärsni Dolinluke, Dolinluke, Imnatazhüthken

Lt. Black, Laur, and Major Zargolf were currently examining part of the Niwärsni Dolinluke, to make sure that it was safe for the summit that would be occurring in two days for the formation of the Myon Union.

ltblacktb7.jpgLt. Black: Where is Brad and Brian?

majzargolfne1.jpgMajor Zargolf: Brian's got time off today, so he's probably at home, but I don't know where Brad is, he was supposed to come.

laurbl7.jpg Laur: Did he run into a traffic problem somewhere?

majzargolfne1.jpgMajor Zargolf: Possibly.

Lt. Black walked over to scan the windows of the room, and looked out at the lake, which was crowded with buildings on piers and boats.

ltblacktb7.jpgLt. Black: Not sure how everyone avoids running into anything out there...

laurbl7.jpg Laur: Huh?

ltblacktb7.jpgLt. Black: On the lake.

laurbl7.jpg Laur: Oh.

ltblacktb7.jpgLt. Black: All clear here.

majzargolfne1.jpgMajor Zargolf: On to the next room.

dpm2191jf0.jpg

The Narya RDPM

laurende9.jpg Lauren: It seems there is an incoming holographic communication from Myon.

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: On screen.

A humming sound announced the opening of the communication, as a view of the Myon RDPM appeared in the holographic display. As soon as the view had totally materialized, the humming got quieter, until it was impossible to hear.

sgtvarmongc8.jpgSergeant Varmon: There has been an unauthorized short range transportation detected near Dolinluke. But it isn't Myonian.

ralauratt8.jpg RA Laura: What type is it, then?

sgtvarmongc8.jpgSergeant Varmon: It doesn't match any recorded transporter type, but it is very similar to what the signal of a Dlorwani or Blitkarni transporter would be if modified for point to point transportation.

laurende9.jpg Lauren: Interesting.

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: Can you determine the destination?

sgtvarmongc8.jpgSergeant Varmon: It appears to be somewhere in the East Granur Peninsula, in the Kingdom of Glump. Hold on, I'm picking up Brad's transmitter there, too...

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: Can you get a lock?

sgtvarmongc8.jpgSergeant Varmon: No, its too distorted, wherever he is must be shielded.

To be continued...

Yintar-Yanar

Rallylogo.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: It's now time for stage 2 of the Yanar Mountain Rally--

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: --which is a lot hiller than stage 1.

DPM2-51-2.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: Stage 2 starts out at the same place stage 1 ends, with a short run though town, the a left turn back the way stage 1 came from.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Once it reaches the first intersection there is a right turn to the north, onto a relatively straight road.

Nick.jpgNick: Well, it's relatively straight right here at least.

DPM2-51-3.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Not so much just a little further to the north and past the farms.

Nick.jpgNick: Watch out for the hairpin turns.

DPM2-51-4.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: And more hairpin turns.

Nick.jpgNick: There's somewhat of a loop around the farm, then a left turn back onto a dirt road.

DPM2-51-5.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Which promptly heads up the side of a mountain.

Nick.jpgNick: Make sure you don't fall off of the cliffs, it's a long way down.

DPM2-51-6.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: After a little more of the cliff-side driving, the track ends up in the snow.

Nick.jpgNick: As if driving on dirt wasn't hard enough.

DPM2-51-7.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: After reaching the highest point of the track, it begins heading back down the other side of the mountain.

Nick.jpgNick: But not before throwing in a couple of sharp turns in the snow.

DPM2-51-8.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Good luck here, steep downhill track makes for some high speeds.

Nick.jpgNick: Which can create some spectacular crashes if your brakes break.

DPM2-51-13.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: And back up the mountain we go...

Nick.jpgNick: Watch out for that hairpin turn on the edge of a cliff.

DPM2-51-14.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: And at last, the finish line for stage 2.

Nick.jpgNick: And another parking lot for racers to prepare for the 3rd and most likely final stage.

DPM2-51-9.jpg

DPM2-51-10.jpg

DPM2-51-11.jpg

DPM2-51-12.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Hey, the map is all on one mosaic.

Nick.jpgNick: Even though it crosses three city tiles.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Anyway, this should be self explanatory, stage two starts at the point marked start, and ends at the end point.

Comments:

Note: "Niwärsni" is Zukish for "Hall" or "Meeting place," and Dolinluke is the capital of Imnatazhüthken, the largest country on the planet Myon.

dfnva: Glad you like it!

Archean: Deeper meaning? Not that I know of.

belfastuniguy: Thanks for the comment!

Schulmanator: That would be a good idea.

pipishere: I'm glad you like it!

NMUSpidey: Well, Yanar is somewhat flatter than Yintar... And stage 2 is here!

fabsies55: Thank you for the comment!

Zelgadis: You'll have to ask Valira to find out what she is working on...

Lyhoko Leaci

Valira Muchi

Valira Muchi

dpm2191jf0.jpg

The Narya RDPM

laurende9.jpg Lauren: I have come across information that suggests that Valira has taken over P79-V72.

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: That's the planet where we found Daniel, isn't it?

laurende9.jpg Lauren: Yes, and I believe it may have more technology there then just the transporter system.

ralauratt8.jpg RA Laura: That could be a problem.

laurende9.jpg Lauren: Indeed. However, the good news is that Valira is not actively targeting anyone at all so far, as far as I know. However, it may be only a matter of time before she picks a target somewhere in the galaxy.

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: But who would she attack?

laurende9.jpg Lauren: I don't know. Most likely, it would be somewhere where she would be sure of victory.

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: In that case, it should be good that Myon is becoming unified, she might be less likely to attack.

laurende9.jpg Lauren: True, but I fear that she will eventually attack Myon, as Myon has been involved with her in one form or another several times already...

ralauratt8.jpg RA Laura: In that case, I suggest building a planetary shield on Myon after the Myon Union is formed, as a precaution, both against Valira, and the Scourge.

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: That is a good idea.

laurende9.jpg Lauren: Yes, it is. Now, what is the progress on the exploration of B54-7YG?

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: There is still no sign of the Predecessor power cell, but it is an entire planet. However, we have discovered plenty of technology that according to the records we have been able to find, belong to an alien race known as the Tekchal, which appear to predate even the Predecessors.

laurende9.jpg Lauren: What about the weapon against the Scourge?

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: It appears that it is a very specific pulse that is designed to disrupt the Scourge's power generation capabilities, causing an overload. However, it requires a large amount of energy to generate this pules, and a black hole is about the only thing that can be used to power it. However, a Predecessor power cell should be able to power a smaller version to take out any nearby Scourge ships, within a radius of several million miles, possibly up to 100 million miles.

laurende9.jpg Lauren: That would be helpful, if we ever find the power cell, as I doubt the one form the pyramid has enough power to run any sort of weapon.

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: Yes, I'm thinking that it could possibly be built in Mloret's old flagship, there is plenty of room in there, and it should be easy to repair, it's only been shot full of holes, not actually destroyed.

laurende9.jpg Lauren: Hmm...

Meanwhile, in another part of the galaxy...

dpm243xy8.jpg

The castle on P79-V72

Valira.jpgValira Muchi: Exellent... now I can work in peace, and anyone who dares to disturb me will wish they hadn't...

Yintar-Yanar

DPM2-50-12.jpg

DPM2-50-13.jpg

DPM2-50-14.jpg

DPM2-50-15.jpg

DPM2-50-16.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: We're back into the main city part of Yintar, at least the west part of it.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: The visibly highway is M-3, and this area is just to the east of the area that was shown last time we were in this part of the city.

Nick.jpgNick: Continue up the hill and then down the other side, and you'll reach the cloverleaf, and a little ways after that, Lamranu.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: And of course, the ubiquitous MCN apartments make an appearance.

Nick.jpgNick: By  the way, this is the same area seen in the preview.

DPM2-50-17.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: To of the hill, at night.

Nick.jpgNick: Because there hasn't been any night pictures for awhile.

Comments:

Petrovar Ambassador: Yes, they sometimes get long.

pipishere: Well, the Scourge aren't known for they're style.

Archean: It's not that simple, unfortunetly...

Schulmanator: Pesky photon pulses...

Zelgadis: Maybe some stairs would be a good idea...

Leech10: Interesting track there...

Schulmanator2: Don't need a key? How did that work out?

NMUSpidey: Now, what about stage 2 of Yintar-Yanar's rally? It's coming... sometime.

Evillions: I made the starships in GMAX, and used an image editor to make the explosions.

Zelgadis2: Just make sure you finish your passing before hitting a curve.

Schulmanator3: Thank you for posting your 10,000th post here!

Shingure: Don't you mean Dekakilo?

Lyhoko Leaci

Yanar Mountains Rally

Rallylogo.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Welcome! ... wait, this isn't the usual update time, is it?

Leech: Well, school was canceled and I already had the pictures, so here's Episode 49 ¾. No story for this one, that's coming at the regularly scheduled time.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Oh.

Nick.jpgNick: The Yanar Mountains Rally is a part of the Sim City Rally Association, and what is shown here is only stage 1 of the rally.

DPM2-50-1.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: It starts out in the commercial area of Lamranu, weaves though there a bit, before a right turn onto a nice long straightaway.

Nick.jpgNick: Watch out for the bend in the middle, then watch out for the hairpin turn at the end of the second part of the straightaway.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: No cutting corners allowed there, the park is in the way.

Nick.jpgNick: Then its back into the commercial area with some more weaving though the area, then its onto M-3.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Backwards.

Nick.jpgNick: However, the traffic will be temporarily rerouted, so there's no danger of a head on collision... at least not between racers and regular drivers, that is.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Then a quick turnaround to go back to the exit that they got on at, and a left turn to the north.

DPM2-50-2.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: Another straightaway though the rest of town and past a farm, then there's another left turn, this time onto dirt.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Aside from the hairpin turn right after the start of the dirt section, it is relatively straight as it makes its way around the farm.

DPM2-50-3.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: At least until it leaves the edge of the farm, then it swerves though the forest, allowing plenty of opportunities to end up going sideways.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: After a little ways of this, it makes it back to asphalt, and a right turn leads into another long straightaway.

DPM2-50-4.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: With a dogleg in it.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Then it begins to get hilly.

Nick.jpgNick: The road then begins to snake up the mountain.

DPM2-50-5.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: There is another short, bent, straightaway in there, though, before it has to curve around again.

DPM2-50-6.jpg

DPM2-50-7.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: Then after a right at the skyscraper... skyscraper? Anyway, after that right, which is followed by another, there's a left turn onto dirt again.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Unlike the first dirt section, its curvy all the way though before ending up on asphalt again.

Nick.jpgNick: But only for a little bit, after the right turn back onto the road, theres a quick left back into the dirt, and around a farm.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Slightly quicker here, just watch out for the hairpin turns thrown in.

Nick.jpgNick: Then another right onto the road, and a straightaway though the intersection.

DPM2-50-8.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Then a right into the town, and the finish life for stage 1.

Nick.jpgNick: The parking lot is where the racers will prepare for stage 2, which starts at the same place stage 1 ends.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: It starts out heading back up to the main road, then left.

Nick.jpgNick: However, instead of heading straight though the intersection, stage 2 turns right to the north, farther into the mountains.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: However, that is for another time, stage 2's route is still being decided on.

DPM2-50-9.jpg

DPM2-50-10.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: And the overview of the rest of stage 1, after the track shown in the first picture.

Comments will come in the next update.

Lyhoko Leaci

Invasion, part 2

Invasion, part 2

September 23rd, 0165AL (2021)

DPM2-49-2.jpg

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: Why aren't they doing anything? They're just sitting there.

CaptAndurn.jpgCapt. Andurn: Can you disable them now before they attack?

ltkalmulsc1.jpgLt. Kalmul: They're too powerful to do that... huh... somehow we've cloaked.

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: That would explain why they aren't doing anything...

FATakari.jpg1st Officer Takari: This ship has a cloaking device?

CaptAndurn.jpgCapt. Andurn: Apparently it does. Can we attack them while we are cloaked?

ltkalmulsc1.jpgLt. Kalmul: Only with the drone weapons, the main weapons are temporarily disabled due to the power requirements of the cloak. The shields are currently at half power, and at 45% strength.

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: I'm detecting some sort of energy surge coming from the planet.

DPM2-49-1.jpg

CaptAndurn.jpgCapt. Andurn: What is it?

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: Unknown. I've never seen anything like it, and apparently, neither have the al'Hasiq, as it isn't in the database. Whoa, it just discharged at the black hole.

FATakari.jpg1st Officer Takari: What is it doing?

michaeltv9.jpgMichael:It seems to be building up even more energy from the black hole...

CaptAndurn.jpgCapt. Andurn: What?

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: It's somehow taking mass directly from the black hole, and converting it into energy, which is building up some form of spatial distortion around the black hole, similar to the one around the system.

CaptAndurn.jpgCapt. Andurn: What should we do?

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: I can't tell when it will discharge, so it would be a bad idea to go to hyperspace, who knows what would happen if we were in hyperspace when it discharged.

FATakari.jpg1st Officer Takari: Should we decloak?

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: That would probably be a good idea, though first we should get as far away from the black hole, and the Scourge ship, as we can.

The Masura began to silently accelerate away from the black hole, quickly leaving the Scourge behind.

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: The energy buildup is slowing down... It seems likely that it will discharge soon.

ltkalmulsc1.jpgLt. Kalmul: Decloaking now.

DPM2-49-3.jpg

The shields came on fully as the cloak shut down, and the Masura continued to fly off toward the outer shield bubble.

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: The Scourge ship is now following.

FATakari.jpg1st Officer Takari: How much--

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: It's discharging! Brace for impact!

The energy field collapsed, sending out a large subspace pulse away from the black hole, which rapidly hit the Masura, shaking everyone up. The blast continued outward, then rammed into the shield bubble, which largely dissipated it.

CaptAndurn.jpgCapt. Andurn: What about the Scourge ship?

DPM2-49-4.jpg

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: We're losing them... hold on, it seems they pulse disabled them somehow... I'm detecting no signs of activity from them, other than various explosions on the ship.

CaptAndurn.jpgCapt. Andurn: And the other ones that had cloaked?

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: Hold on... they've been disabled too.

FATakari.jpg1st Officer Takari: Well, it seems we found something that can take them out...

To be continued...

Yintar-Yanar

DPM2-49-5.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: Parath again.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: This time its the western part, farther into the hills.

Nick.jpgNick: Also, this will most likely be the last of Parath, there simply isn't much left to look at.

DPM2-49-6.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Even if you can't see the hills from tis angle, it doesn't mean there aren't any.

DPM2-49-7.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: A farm?

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Weird. Apparently even in the mountains they can find room to farm.

DPM2-49-8.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Hilly.

Nick.jpgNick: Just barely enough room to build houses on.

DPM2-49-9.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: And before you go, a preview of an area closer to downtown, with M-3.

Nick.jpgNick: And it's the main M-3, not the loop.

Comments

Archean: Well, with the Scourge, most races are at a technological disadvantage...

Schulmanator: Probably not very well, had they actually needed to fight it.

Zelgadis: Maybe I hid them a little too well... They were still somewhat easily visible on my laptop monitor, but not my home monitor.

Twenty20: Glad you like it!

NMUSpidey: Hmmm... good question, that could be...

Lyhoko Leaci

Invasion

Invasion

DPM2-48-8.jpg

CaptAndurn.jpgCapt. Andurn: Return fire!

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: Some of them are cloaking again!

CaptAndurn.jpgCapt. Andurn: Well, shoot at the ones you can see! Lt. Kalmul, ahead as fast as you can safely go!

The Masura shuddered as several more beam weapons hit it, and as it entered the spatial distortions in the shield bubble surrounding B54-7YG.

DPM2-48-9.jpg

After about five minutes, one of the scourge ships had finally been destroyed.

FATakari.jpg1st Officer Takari: Yes!

CaptAndurn.jpgCapt. Andurn: There still three more out there... though I haven't seen that large one since it first decloaked... where is it?

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: Not sure, I've only been able to detect the 3 smaller ones, and only when they are not cloaked.

The ship rocked more violently as another beam weapon blasted the shield.

ltkalmulsc1.jpgLt. Kalmul: Shields are at 56%.

CaptAndurn.jpgCapt. Andurn: Can we go any faster?

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: No, not unless you want to risk the ship being shook apart.

As if to reinforce this idea, the ship rocked violently as it hit a particularly strong spatial distortion, which moved the ship enough that an incoming Scourge beam missed, and caused 1st Officer Takari to fall over..

FATakari.jpg1st Officer Takari: Oof.

DPM2-48-10.jpg

5 minutes later...

ltkalmulsc1.jpgLt. Kalmul: Shields are at 32%!

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: We're clear of the shield bubble.

CaptAndurn.jpgCapt. Andurn: Can we go to hyperspace?

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: Yes, as long as we don't fly back into the edge of the bubble... or the black hole, for that matter.

CaptAndurn.jpgCapt. Andurn: Go for it!

The ship shuddered as a hyperspace window opened, and the ship shot into it.

DPM2-48-11.jpg

Not long after, it dropped out of hyperspace relatively close to the black hole. By relatively close I mean that they were close enough to easily examine it if they for some reason felt like doing so, but not so close that they would be ripped apart or sucked in.

ltkalmulsc1.jpgLt. Kalmul: Is there any way of hiding from the Scourge with the black hole?

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: Not that I know of, other than falling in, but I don't think you want to do that.

DPM2-48-12.jpg

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: Scourge ship decloaking... It's the big one.

To be continued...

Yintar-Yanar

DPM2-48-1.jpg

DPM2-48-2.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Of course, Parath has parks too, its not just trees and buildings.

Nick.jpgNick: The avenue leads between central Parath and the more central part of Yintar. 

DPM2-48-3.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: Same avenue, farther down the hill.

DPM2-48-4.jpg

DPM2-48-5.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: And the top of the hill, in downtown.

*Nick slaps Nikki*

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: What was that for?

Nick.jpgNick: In case my silly sister confused you--

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Hey!

Nick.jpgNick: --that is not downtown Yintar... or Yanar for that matter. If you want to know, no part of Yanar has even been shown yet. It is actually just a particularly dense part of Parath.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Ow...

Nick.jpgNick: Not sure why they built such big buildings here... and its also interesting that twin farm towers are the second and third tallest buildings in this area.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Ow...

Nick.jpgNick: Oh, shut up, I didn't hit you that hard. 

DPM2-48-6.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: The rest of the dense Parath nugget, and the M-3 loop... what?

Nick.jpgNick: Huh?

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: The M-3 loop looks different now.

Nick.jpgNick: Weird...

Leech: That's the new RHW.

Nick.jpgNick: The what?

Leech: Rural Highway.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: It's not rural.

Leech: That's just what the mod is called.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Okay, you confused me.

DPM2-48-7.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: While Nikki gets over her confusion, this is another, basic residential and commercial area of Parath, low density variety.

Comments

Schulmanator: Indeed.

Simfan34: Thanks for the comment!

Archean: Scourge ships are much tougher than they look... The Masura is one of the most advanced ship classes in the galaxy.

NMUSpidey: And here's more. There's still more to come, though.

jacqulina: Glad you like it!

Zelgadis:  Tricky little buggers... they're easier to see on some monitors than others...

Lyhoko Leaci

Predecessors?

Predecessors?

dpm2318qb7.jpg

The Masura

The Myonian Masura was currently headed toward B54-7YG, which from a distance appears to be an ordinary black hole. However, one of Lauren Ahrns's probes detected some sort of bubble extending around it, which prevented any hyperspace travel within it, which made it a likely candidate for the location of the Predecessor power cell, as the area was definitely shielded, and if there was a planet there, it would definitely be dead now that its star is a black hole.

ltkalmulsc1.jpgLt. Kalmul: We are approaching the bubble, raising shields and dropping out of hyperspace in three... two... one...

DPM2-47-1.jpg

The ship shuddered as it got close to the bubble and it quickly dropped back into realspace, and then slowed to a relative stop with some reverse thrusting.

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: I'm detecting the shield bubble... it appears that it will take about 10 minutes to fly though at 10% thrust.

ltkalmulsc1.jpgLt. Kalmul: Why only 10% thrust?

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: The shield not only prevents hyperspace travel, it also makes sublight travel more difficult.

CaptAndurn.jpgCapt. Andurn: Scan the area to see if you can detect the source of this shield, as well as if there are any other odd energy readings in the area.

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: Scanning now.

DPM2-47-2.jpg

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: It seems the shield is being generated by some sort of facility on a planet orbiting very close to the black hole, close enough that the planet had to have been moved there after the black hole was formed.

FATakari.jpg1st Officer Takari: Is it safe to approach?

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: Yes, the tidal forces are low enough for the planet to survive intact, and nothing else that is dangerous has been detected near the planet. On another note, hyperspace travel is possible one we are inside the bubble.

CaptAndurn.jpgCapt. Andurn: Anything else of interest in the area?

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: Not near the planet, no. I am currently scanning everywhere else in the area.

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: Nothing out of the ordinary is coming up on sensors, other than the shield bubble. There are no visible energy sources in the area, and no rouge objects either.

DPM2-47-3.jpg

The ship suddenly shuddered as several beam weapons plowed into the shield.

FATakari.jpg1st Officer Takari: I thought you said there wasn't anything else out here?

ltkalmulsc1.jpgLt. Kalmul: Shields are at 84%.

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: Well, they're not showing up on sensors at all! Hold on, 4 scourge ships are decloaking? Great, just what we need. Scourge ships we can't even detect even when they're right on top of us.

DPM2-47-4.jpg

CaptAndurn.jpgCapt. Andurn: That one is enourmous...

To be continued...

Yintar-Yanar

Nick.jpgNick: Parath again, with another mosaic.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: If you look closely, you'll see that this mosaic intersects with the previous one, close to the top of this one, and just above the middle on the other.

DPM2-47-5.jpg

DPM2-47-6.jpg

DPM2-47-7.jpg

DPM2-47-8.jpg

DPM2-47-9.jpg

DPM2-47-10.jpg

DPM2-47-11.jpg

DPM2-47-12.jpg

DPM2-47-13.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Up near the top you can see one of several small power stations that are scattered thought the area, reducing the possibility of blackouts.

Nick.jpgNick: Also, a large segment of the M-3 loop is also visible, running uphill though the hills.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Or downhill, depending on which way you look at it.

Nick.jpgNick: The area is largely low rise, though there is the occasional taller building.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: There's some more TP here, too.

Comments:

Schulmanator: Possibly... don't know how long it would take them to get a stargate program up and running, though.

Zelgadis: A PC-3 could be used... And I'll be sure to warn them about Berengaria.

NMUSpidey: Suburb, actually. Glad you like it!

pipishere: The Klargol (plural: Klargolni) is the main currency of the Blitkarni, just so you know.

Archean:

Brad2.jpgBrad: What's wrong with complex leader names?

Brian2.jpgBrian: There isn't anything over the Narya gate...

Brad2.jpgBrad: it's simply sitting out in the middle of a large open grassy area.

Brian2.jpgBrian:  Though a building can keep random people from dialing the gate without authorization.

Brad2.jpgBrad: Oh, any be the way, avoid Berengaria.

Brian2.jpgBrian: They currently have the annoying tendency to take occasional potshots at things.

belfastuniguy: Glad you like it!

Lyhoko Leaci

Newcomers

Newcomers

September 19th, 0165AL (2021)

DPM2-46-0.jpg

Follomer gate

After they had learned to operate the gate, a small group of people began dialing the gate, and prepared to go though.

Note: See "Secrets Revealed" in Follomer Chancellery to make better sense of what is going on.

RDPM.jpg

Meanwhile, at the Myon RDPM

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: Lt. Colonel Duvanre!

Said Lt. Colonel jumped as he exited a room, then turned to see General Yelslew as well as someone else, quite unlike anyone who he had seen before.

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: Duvanre, this is Wrixi Lemmis of Lagomorphia, and Wrixi, this is Lt. Colonel Siuran Duvanre, who will be continuing the rest of your tour hear, as well as the simulated tour of the planet in the holorooms.

colduvanregg4.jpg Lt. Col. Duvanre: Yes, sir.

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: As to why I can't continue, I have a meeting soon, and--

However, he was cut off by some sort of weird shriek-like noise, and they all turned to look behind them to find a Blitkar diving into a stairwell, their tail quickly vanishing past the door.

Wrixi.jpgWrixi: What was that about, and who was that?

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: I have no idea what they were doing, and all i know of who they were is that they are Blitkarni.

Just when it seemed things couldn't get any more confusing, the stargate activated down the hall, causing Wrixi to cover his ears.

Wrixi.jpgWrixi: What's that noise?

blankqw1.jpg Intercom: Incoming wormhole!

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: It just the stargate, and I have to go now, that should be the others for the meeting.

In the short amount of time it took General Yelslew to reach the control room, he thought about what he learned about the Lagomorphs. So far, he had found out that their outfits, while appearing to be odd by most people, were completely normal to the Lagomorphs. Also, their planet had lower gravity than Myon, so moving around was slightly uncomfortable, not to mention making it difficult to lift heavy objects, which was difficult for them even in their normal gravity. In addition to this, there was the odd reaction from the Blitkar, though he had no idea if that had anything to do with Wrixi at all. And finally, there was their traditional greeting, which wasn't at all what he expected or was used to.

General Yelslew arrived in the control room, just as the kawoosh dissipated and the shield activated.

sgtvarmongc8.jpgSergeant Varmon: Receiving IDC... it's Follomer.

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: Lower the shield.

Shortly after the shield was lowered, thee people walked though the gate, two of them human and the third appeared somewhat similar to the Blitkarni. General Yelslew, meanwhile, walked down a set of stairs and a couple short hallways and entered the gate room from a side door, and was soon joined by Sergeant Varmon.

Trellian.gifTrellian: Area's secure sir.

icon2.jpgTristan: Thank you Trell, now who might they be?

catgirl.jpgLerra: *shivers* By the goddess that felt weird.

icon2.jpgTristan: We'll have to get used to that.

After a quick scan to make sure they didn't have anything dangerous with them, Yelslew led them out of the gate room, down the hall, and around a corner to reach the elevator.

Trellian.gifTrellian:  Where are we going?

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: A meeting room up above ground level, so you can see outside

The elevator ride was surprisingly short, and after they quickly arrived on the 8th floor, they walked across the hall to the meeting room, where two other people, a Blitkar and a Muphridian, as well as two guards outside the door, were already waiting.

ChanMarchol.jpgChancellor Vulra Marchol: Ama y ama i ebba Rumací êd Myon.

When the Follomerians appeared confused, she translated.

ChanMarchol.jpgChancellor Marchol: That was "Hello and welcome to the Republic of Myon."

catgirl.jpgLerra: Oh.

After this, everyone introduced themselves, and they were notified that the rest of the meeting would not be in Zukish.

Trellian.gifTrellian: Sir, wanna tell them about our situation?

icon2.jpgTristan: Right, right. My nation, the Follomer Chancellery is a modernized industrial country of over four hundred thousand. Our technological standing would be, less, then yours but we are advancing quickly. Our Techs have just begun to perfect our Anti-gravity technology while in conjunction with Franklin County scientists who are developing Magnetive Levitation technology that will go toward interplanetary ship building for the Alliance Follomer is a part of. Oh, and Franklin County is another advanced country who is Follomer's ally.

catgirl.jpgLerra: As well as the Nekoleeri are.

ChanMarchol.jpgChancellor Marchol: Okay.

Klara.jpgKlara: I wonder if the Nekoleeri are in some way related to either the Nekominzoku or the Blitkarni...

icon2.jpgTristan: What?

Klara.jpgKlara: Nothing.

icon2.jpgTristan: Now before the discovery of the Stargate on Lomni Island, we had discovered a black Obelisk in proximity to the site that held the ring.

Trellian.gifTrellian: It's been on display in one of our cities.

icon2.jpgTristan: And it's been emitting odd energy waves that matched nothing we've seen...until we found the gate.

catgirl.jpgLerra: Perhaps they were connected?

ChanMarchol.jpgChancellor Marchol: We have not come across any obelisks like what you describe.

Klara.jpgKlara: Neither have the Blitkarni.

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew:It is possible they are connected in some way, however, before the al'Hasiq there was a race known as the Predecessors. While we don't know much about them, they were the original builders of the gate network, and since the gates are only useful for long range transportation, they would need something for shorter range transport. If this obelisk is emitting energy similar to that of the stargate, it is possible that it may be this method of short range transportation, however I have no idea if this is true or not. It could easily be any number of other things, and it would require further study.

icon2.jpgTristan: Maybe Lomni had some sort of civilization on it before the Follomerians. But all we found when we sent an expedition to the island were ruins.

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: If there are ruins there, then it is very likely that there was some sort of civilization there, however whether or not the civilization had anything to do with the gate or the obelisk would again require further study. It is possible the island used to be a Predecessor base or outpost long ago, before humans even evolved.

catgirl.jpgLerra: Whoa.

Trellian.gifTrellian: Also, I want to bring up matters of self defense. You have opened up a galaxy of advanced, space ship wielding species that appear to be hostile. Follomer, as well as many other nations on Earth are not prepared for that.

Klara.jpgKlara: Actually, there aren't many species that are actually hostile, its mainly just the Scourge and the Dlorwani, neither of which have had much activity near Earth, at least not recently.

icon2.jpgTristan: What he's getting at is that it worried us. We would like to have a fleet of our own ships, just in case.

catgirl.jpgLerra: Tristan wants it to be a joint nation effort. There will even be some Nekoleeri amongst the crews.

ChanMarchol.jpgChancellor Marchol: While we can't give you ships, we can try to keep any hostile forces from even reaching Earth if possible, as well as send people to oversee what you are building, and troubleshoot any problems that you run across.

Trellian.gifTrellian: We took notice of the "gate shield" your people mentioned about.

icon2.jpgTristan: Yes, Trell made sure that I knew how much of an advantage that would be seeing as our gate is in the middle of our Capitol City...

Trellian.gifTrellian: It's greatly needed to protect the citizens.

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: Yes, as you never know what might come though the gate...

ChanMarchol.jpgChancellor Marchol: That is one thing we can give you. Mardon and Cormani will be able to show you how to install it, and how to control it.

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: The Myorian gate will remain the default gate until the gate shield is up and running on the Follomer gate.

Yintar-Yanar:

DPM2-46-1.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: And now, welcome to Parath!

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Just south of Tamara, Parath is a lot hiller than Tamara and is also connected to the the M-3 loop around Yintar and Yanar.

DPM2-46-2.jpg

DPM2-46-3.jpg

DPM2-46-4.jpg

DPM2-46-5.jpg

DPM2-46-6.jpg

DPM2-46-7.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: Another view showing the hills of the area.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: As well as the TP in the trees.

Nick.jpgNick: Part of the M-3 loop is visible, traffic seems to be very open on it, too.

Comments:

Mother of Invention: That would be Wrixi's ship. Unless you were referring to the Myonian freighter.

Archean: Remember, the Carpathian Short Stories takes place in the future, I believe...

NMUSpidey: And I am not familiar what that particular Scourge.

Zelgadis: yes, they did, during while they were traveling back to Myon. I just never showed it.

SirUnger: Well, here is more.

Schulmanator: The rocks are mainly hidden in the trees... And you'll have to go to Lagomorphia if you want a ship like Wrixi's...

Tomasneto: Thanks for the comment!

astronelson: At least there isn't quite as much to read as in New Carpathia...

Petrovar Ambassador: Educational? Never would have thought of a CJ like this being educational... glad you like it!

Lyhoko Leaci

Rabbit?

Rabbit?

RDPM.jpg

Myon RDPM

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: The ship is almost here, what is the closest Myonian ship to its location?

sgtvarmongc8.jpgSergeant Varmon: The freighter Gruten, sir.

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: Contact them

sgtvarmongc8.jpgSergeant Varmon: Yes, sir.

DPM2-45-1.jpg

Freighter Gruten

TakurnKarakh.jpg???: I am Captain Takurn Karakh of the freighter Gruten

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: We have detected an unidentified ship traveling at warp into the Anacata System, near your position. Can you confirm?

TakurnKarakh.jpgCaptain Karakh: Yes. The ship is traveling at roughly warp 22, using the Vinawasho warp scale, and is about the size of a Yanar Class runabout.

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: Good.

TakurnKarakh.jpgCaptain Karakh: Hold on, they're slowing down. Warp 20--18--15--12--8--5--2--they've dropped to sublight speeds. Now picking up ship on short range sensors, they are approaching on an intercept course, and slowing down. Ship has a cylindrical body with a set of wings curving downward, ending with pods of some sort.

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: Hail them.

DPM2-45-2.jpg

As the unidentified ship slowed to a stop relative to the Gruten off to it's port side, Takurn Karakh hailed it.

TakurnKarakh.jpgCaptain Karakh: This is Captain Takurn Karakh of the freighter Gruten, please respond.

There was static over the communications system, before an image of a cramped-looking bridge of the other ship appeared on screen.

Wrixi.jpg???: I am Wrixi Lemmis, and I am a peaceful explorer from Lagomorphia.

After a short pause where the both of them were simply staring at each other, most likely due to never having seen anyone who looked like that before, Takurn added General Yelslew to the communication.

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: I am General Yelslew of the RDPM.

Wrixi.jpgWrixi: What is this RDPM?

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: It is short for Ruyarwni Dierapyámuk Myon, which translates to Myon Stargate Command. Basically, it is in charge of most of the exploration of space, both by ship and though the stargate.

Wrixi.jpgWrixi: I am not familiar with this stargate.

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: Basically, it is a link from one planet to another in different star systems. Not all planets have them, which might be why you haven't heard of it.

Wrixi.jpgWrixi: Which is the planet you refer to as Myon? My ship is detecting two habitable planets in this system.

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: The planet closer to the sun is Myon, the other is Terra.

Wrixi.jpgWrixi: So your species is Myonian, or something similar?

TakurnKarakh.jpgCaptain Karakh: No, zuke, actually.

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: There are three intelligent species that evolved on Myon, the zukes, gremlins, and the Hasiq.

Wrixi.jpgWrixi: So where are they?

Sergeant Varmon walked over into the visible area in the screen and stood by General Yelslew.

sgtvarmongc8.jpgSergeant Varmon: I am gremlin.

Wrixi.jpgWrixi: And the Hasiq?

TakurnKarakh.jpgCaptain Karakh: They left over 10,000 years ago, and moved to Al'Huna, a planet orbiting the second star in this system.

Wrixi.jpgWrixi: Oh. I would like to see what your planet is like.

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: That we can do. Karakh, are you free to escort Wrixi Lemmis to Myon?

TakurnKarakh.jpgCaptain Karakh: Yes, I can do that.

DPM2-45-3.jpg

After a short jump, the two ships arrived in orbit over Myon

To be continued...

Yintar-Yanar

DPM2-45-4.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: Tamara again, this time the northern part of it.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Are those farms?

Nick.jpgNick: Yes.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Big farms?

Nick.jpgNick: Yes. It's slightly flatter here.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: But still hilly.

Nick.jpgNick: Yes.

DPM2-45-5.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: A small extension of Tamara, slightly further to the north, surrounded by farms.

DPM2-45-6.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: More farms, of various types.

DPM2-45-7.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Hilly farms.

DPM2-45-8.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: And even more farms.

Comments:

Vinawasho uses the same warp scale as in Star Trek TOS, and warp 22 is roughly equal to warp 9.96 in the TNG scale.

Archean:

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: Myon has two territories on Earth--

brian2gk4.jpgBrian: --Myoria and Galaenther Island.

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: And Myon is a part of the SCJU, with most member nations being relatively small countries on Earth.

brian2gk4.jpgBrian: As for the ship, as you can probably already tell, it's not Romulan or Klingon.

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: Its basic design does look vaguely similar to Romulan ships, though.

brian2gk4.jpgBrian: But not much.

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: and as for the UFP, there is Jadzia.

bradjadziamg4.jpgJadzia: Hello.

NMUSpidey: For ship details, please read the update. And what about Mloret and the Scourge?

Zelgadis: It still is faster than planting all of those trees, or at least it seems faster.

Schulmanator: What type of buildings?

Leech: To bad Galesfe City doesn't get more snow... Only problem with that is that it would make Yintar-Yanar feel like Antarctica.

Zelgadis2: Well, he'll be here for the next update for sure.

pipishere: Do you mean the Klargolni? Thanks for the comment!

Lyhoko Leaci

DPM2-44-9.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: If you can't read Zukish, it says "Merry Christmas from the RDPM."

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: RDPM be Myon Stargate Command if you want to know.

Nick.jpgNick: And there's a new character, too.

WrixiCJ-1.jpg

Name: Wrixi Lemmis

Species: Lagomorph

Siblings: Dozens

Profile: Lagomorphia was considered a myth by the Nekominzoku.  Recently, they started to once again explore the galaxy and several, like this character, set out on their own with their own ship.  He has an adventurous spirit and is looking to meet interesting new species.  In other ways, he's still not much different than other Lagomorphs.  He dresses crazy (by our standards).  And like all Lagomorphs, he is also extremely vulnerable to addiction (drugs, and whatnot).  They tend to avoid addictive substances, knowing this, but there could also be trouble if encountering such a substance and not knowing what it is.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: In case you haven't figured it out, that's Zelgadis's character.

Lyhoko Leaci

Change on the Horizon

dpm2191jf0.jpg

The Narya RDPM

ralauratt8.jpg RA Laura: In case you are wondering why you are here, it is not only because General Yelslew has a message for you, it is also to show the new communications system that has been set up here.

They walked into the control room, where a metal frame covered in wires and small box-like objects had been set up in one corner of the room.

ralauratt8.jpg RA Laura: It will look better better soon. Okay, open a channel to Myon on subspace.

There was a slight hum, and then a holographic blob began materializing in the area around the metal frame. Soon it had materialized into an exact replica of the Myon RDPM control room, including General Yelslew, making it look as if the two rooms had been connected together.

liljs3.jpg Lil: Wow, it looks like you could simply walk to Myon from here.

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: That would be nice, but we don't know how to set up a transporter across that distance yet. It might be possible if the connection was to something closer, like a ship in orbit, though.

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: How many places have this set up?

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: Currently only the Narya, Myon, and Earth RDPM facilities.

ralauratt8.jpg RA Laura: Installation on starships is to begin by next week.

laurbl7.jpg Laur: Will this replace the regular screens, or will it be an addition to it?

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: It will only be an addition, because not everyone has a system like this. Anyway, we need to get to your message.

brian2gk4.jpgBrian: Which is?

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: As you know, the summit to finalize the plans for the creation of the Myon Union will occur on October 4th. Because DPM-1 will be unable to go due to their currently ongoing mission on P8Q-F72, you will be going instead to observe.

majzargolfne1.jpgMajor Zargolf: Yes, sir.

There was a noise from the Myon control room, and Sergeant Varmon looked up from a console.

sgtvarmongc8.jpgSergeant Varmon: Sir?

ronulyw6.jpgGen. Yelslew: Yes?

sgtvarmongc8.jpgSergeant Varmon: The unidentified ship we've been tracking for the past two days has just changed direction and is now headed straight for Myon.

Another screen was turned on so that it could be seen in the Narya control room.

DPM2-44-0.gif

ralauratt8.jpg RA Laura: What is it?

sgtvarmongc8.jpgSergeant Varmon: Its signature does not match any known starship design. All that I can tell is that it uses warp drive for FTL transportation.

ltblacktb7.jpgLt. Black: Great, just what we need. More unknown ships.

To be continued...

Yintar-Yanar

DPM2-44-1.jpg

DPM2-44-2.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Tamara!

Nick.jpgNick: Yes, its another suburb of Yintar. This one is to the north, and it has a slightly interesting layout.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: It also continues off of this tile, so it is likely it will come up again soon.

DPM2-44-3.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: Central Tamara.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Includes a stream that runs under the buildings.

DPM2-44-4.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: Speaking of the stream, here it is.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: I do not suggest you try going down it though, too many rocks.

DPM2-44-5.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: It then ends up at this--

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: --very rocky--

Nick.jpgNick: --lake.

DPM2-44-6.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Development on the western bulge.

DPM2-44-7.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: The central and eastern part of town.

DPM2-44-8.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: And finally, the southeastern blob, complete with a power plant and a water tower.

Comments:

The Myon Union is a planned union of the Republic of Myon, the Kingdom of Glump, Narola, Zcheilau, al'Sahra, and Imnatazhüthken into a planetary confederation. Each nation will remain much the same way as it is, it will just be that these nations will all work together. It is currently unknown if the Empire of Granar will join or not.

Schulmanator: Yes, and make sure you watch out for traffic.

Zelgadis: Typo fixed. The bug? It's a bug. A dead bug, now. A: it is the Jeronij Concrete Wall AddOn: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=13865 B: They're in the power menu. Note: Bubbybud has made several add ons to that pack as well, such as the bridges over the sunken highway. And yes, the fences slope.

pipishere: Glad you like it!

6underground: Thanks for the comment!

Archean:

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: Giant office?

brian2gk4.jpgBrian: Sounds nice.

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: Ama!

Hello/Welcome

NMUspidey: Well, you did get some money...

Zelgadis2: Congrats on the 300th post! The pyramid I BATted, same with the columns next to it. As for patience... I make sure every part of the city is just the way I want it before moving on, usually by making nearly everything historical while destroying what I don't like.

Archean2:

brian2gk4.jpgBrian: Well, you were close.

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: And you'll have to wait just a bit longer to see the new character.

Petrovar Ambassador: I'm glad you like it!

Leech10: Money!

Archean3:

brian2gk4.jpgBrian: Well, Myon might be able to get you there... if we knew where in the galaxy you are.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0