• Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Taipei re-imagined.

Entries in this City Journal

Andresta

SaekeiLogo.jpg

REPLIES

mystic_destiny: The shopping arcade can be found in this link.

JDRCRASH: The tetris building is here (made by acchi).

10000000000000: Thanks! However, I definitely still have plenty of areas for improvement.

NMUSpidey, Benedict, spursrule14, 111222333444, k50dude, escilnavia, TowerDude, skyscraper241: Thank you all!

Happy Chinese New Year everyone! I admit I have been MIA from Simtropolis for quite a while, but I am back with a new update. I will be presenting you a tour on one of ShinBei's main transit line, the MTR Yanto Line. So yes, this update will focus a lot more on public transportation in ShinBei

MTRYantoLine.jpg

I would not say ShinBei has a sophisticated transit network yet. However, it is definitely quite convenient to get around ShinBei through the MTR system. Most stations in the Yanto Line have connecting lines (TR and MTR lines).

Y1 Tsubanki

Y1Tsubanki.jpg

Y1TsubankiNight.jpg

Tsubanki is one of the few stations in ShinBei that offers connecting lines to both MTR and TR network. A portion of commuters from the neighboring city of Seikina transfers here from the TR line to the MTR Yanto line to get to work in ShinBei. Because of this, Tsubanki Station quickly became eastern ShinBei's primary center of activities. It is not surprise to see shops and offices clustering around this station.

Y2 Lisette

Y2Lisette.jpg

Y2LisetteNight.jpg

Lisette is one of the two office districts in ShinBei (as of now). It is not far from Tsubanki Station, and it could be considered to be the secondary center of activities in eastern ShinBei. Relative to Tsubanki, Lisette has more office spaces.

Y3 Hanamachi

Y3HanamachiDawn.jpg

Y3HanamachiNight.jpg

Y3Hanamachi.jpg

This station brings passengers to the ShinBei's TR Shopping Ward and the 5th Chome. Click on these links to see more pictures regarding these two places.

MTRMusee.jpg

As shown in the first map, Y2 Lisette and Y3 Hanamachi links up to MTR Musee station. This station is located along the 5th chome, and passengers usually go here to commute to Y2 Lisette to work or to Y1 Tsubanki in order to get to Seikina.

Y4 TR ShinBei

Y4TRShinBei.jpg

This is ShinBei's central station. All modes of transportation go through here. I haven't started developing cities and towns at other regions. However, I am envisioning TR ShinBei Station to be a primary destination for commuters living in outer regions and a transfer point for residents living in western and northern Taipei to get to eastern and southern Taipei. In some ways, it will function like the actual JR Shinjuku Station does in Tokyo, Japan.

MTRHozoki.jpg

MTR Hozoki is located southwest of TR ShinBei station. Residents living in ShinBei's southern suburbs go here to commute to other parts of ShinBei.

MTRHozoki2.jpg

In the context of Saekei, developers would rush to create new developments once they know that a new transit stop would be implemented. However, realizing that residents need more open spaces the local government re-zoned this parcel of land for recreational purposes. Thus, the public soccer field was constructed. This facility's close proximity to MRT Hozoki made this field a popular spot for inter-school soccer matches.

Y5 Houseki

Y5Houseki2.jpg

Y5Houseki.jpg

Houseki is ShinBei's CBD. This can be seen by the tall buildings near this station. I am planning to have a new entry focusing this area, but I cannot say when I will have it released. Although Houseki is located near TR ShinBei Station, this station was placed here as a means to provide office workers and nearby residents additional waypoints to access the MTR lines. This implementation was successful that it improved convenience for Houseki's office workers and slightly reduced the number of passengers inside TR ShinBei (in a sense, reduced congestion).

MTRSekia.jpg

Sekai is a newly developed waterfront shopping and office district. The river is not shown, but this area is becoming another attraction that gives nearby residents and tourist a good view of the river. Because MTR Sekai is only linked with Y5 Houseki, it is predicted that Houseki would soon be a mini-transfer point for the people who wants to go to Sekai.

Y6 Efiyon

Y6Efiyon.jpg

Y6EfiyonNight.jpg

Efiyon is the last station on the MTR Yanto Line that would be inside ShinBei's urban area. This district is mostly residential. A canal runs through the single-family homes. It was well decorated and maintained, residents would usually take a walk on these canals. In a sense, the canals became a open and public space. However, this slightly drove housing and land prices up.

Y7 Sei-Bashidon

Y7SeiBashidon.jpg

Y7SeiBashidonEvening.jpg

Last but not least, Bashidon is a suburb right outside of Shinbei. This station's name has the prefix "sei" because it is located at Bashidon's western side. This neighborhood also has a TR station, which is located center of this area.

I hope you have enjoyed this update! Please take time to rate and comment!

Andresta

SaekeiLogo.jpg

Hi Everyone! Merry Christmas to you all from Taipei! Yes ladies and gents, I recently returned to Taipei from the US.

Today, I present a relatively long update on TR ShinBei Shopping Ward. It's a long one because I got a bit excited when taking the screenshots, and partly because it's Christmas. So such length should be a suitable for today's occasion.

As the name implies, TR ShinBei Shopping Ward is adjacent to the TR ShinBei Station, which is the largest and primary transportation hub in Saekei. Passengers or commuters from the western cities transfer here to go the eastern municipalities or simply work here. That said, it is no surprise that there are many offices and retails in ShinBei.

TRShinBeiStationDay.jpg

Shibuya 109-2, which is a popular department store is conveniently located across from the TR ShinBei Station.

TRShinBeiStation.jpg

TRShinBeiStation2.jpg

Adjacent to the TR ShinBei Station Plaza, there is an entrance to the shopping ward's indoor pedestrian shopping arcade.

ArcadeEntranceDay.jpg

ArcadeEntraceEvening.jpg

ArcadeEntranceNight.jpg

There are multiple transit stations that are located across the shopping ward. For example, a MTR station at the shopping ward's south side.

TetrisPlazaDay.jpg

TetrisPlazaEvening.jpg

TetrisPlazaNight.jpg

Plenty of office buildings, including the YOKOSO Building, are located around the shopping ward. This is great because the retailers could have higher number of customers. Office workers here could easily get food for lunch and dinner in this area.

YokosoBuilding.jpg

An inside view of the TR ShinBei Shopping Ward.

ArcadePlaza2Dawn2.jpg

ArcadePlaza2Day.jpg

ArcadePlaza2Night.jpg

Another large office building beside the shopping ward.

GTOfficeBuildingDay.jpg

Shinbei-31May2891323735887.jpg

Behind the GT Office Building is a short parkway. This is a more quiet public space situated away from the buildings' bright neon lights.

Shinbei-21Jul2901323736949.jpg

Overview of this area in multiple angles and at different time in a day.

ShoppingWardOverviewDay.jpg

ShoppingWardOverviewEvening.jpg

ShoppingWardOverviewNight.jpg

As you can see, TR ShinBei Shopping Ward is adjacent to and accessible by the 5th Chome (See previous update regarding the 5th Chome).

ShoppingWardOverviewDay.jpg

ShoppingWardOverviewEvening.jpg

ShoppingWardOverviewNight.jpg

With Christmas here, some decorations are implemented for this occasion.

ArcadePlazaChristmas2.jpg

ArcadePlazaChristmas.jpg

I hoped you enjoyed this update. Please take time to rate and comment! Once again, Merry Christmas!!

GrandHotelChristmasNight.jpg

Andresta

SaekeiLogo.jpg

Hello! I'm finally done with my Fall Semester, which has been a busy and challenging one. Best of luck to those of you who still have finals to take! Anyways, I am here with an new update on my second city, ShinBei! In a sense, ShinBei will be the core city in my region.

5th Chome

A main avenue that runs north-south in ShinBei. It is a busy road, yet is a popular tourist destination for its beautiful and seasonal trees, as well as other destinations along the avenue.

Getting off from the MTR Hanamachi Station, we first encounter Central GongHuan University. With TR ShinBei Shopping Ward located just east of the university, students there have a lot of places to go after or between classes.

CentralGongHuanUniversitySpring.png

CentralGongHuanUniversityFall.png

This Main Library is also part of Central GongHuan University's campus. It primarily serves the university's students and faculty, but it is also open to the public.

Shinbei-25Nov2801323566796.png

Additional libraries was needed in order to accommodate the large influx of students and the public. Thus, a new one was construct opposite from the Main Library. It is located just at TR ShinBei Shopping Ward's entrance and a subway entrance.

Shinbei-18Nov2801323566723.png

Along the 5th Chome, we got another office building and a high school. A pedestrian overpass was constructed to provide workers and students safety when crossing the busy intersection.

Shinbei-24May2731322335954.png

Shinbei-2Nov2771322377063.png

A contextual view of 5th Chome.

Shinbei-6Nov2781322634817.png

Plenty of offices and retails on 5th Chome. This surely contributes 5th Chome as an attractive place to work and shop. Students from the adjacent high school could get some snacks as well. Hopefully they won't cut classes and do so.

Shinbei-29Oct2771322377007.png

Finally, at the end of 5th Chome stands the ShinKai TV Tower. Not only it is a popular landmark as a sightseeing tower, but also it help transmit radio waves from nearby radio stations.

Shinbei-9Nov2781322634837.png

Last but not least, a night view of ShinKai TV Tower. Seems like this is the only night-pic in this update...hopefully this factor won't disappoint you.

Shinbei-11Apr2731322335717.png

COMING SOON: TR SHINBEI SHOPPING WARD EAST

Shinbei-31Mar2801323566526.png

I hope you have enjoyed this update. Please take time to comment and rate! I appreciate them!

Andresta

ShinBei - Preview

SaekeiLogo.jpg

I hope all had a great Thanksgiving! Even if your country of residence do not celebrate that, I still hope you had a good day! 9.gif

Anyways, I am back with a preview on my second city, ShinBei. I should be able to post a full update by the end of this week. Enjoy!

TRShinBeiShoppingWardWest.jpg

TRShinBeiShoppingWardEast.jpg

Please rate and comment!

Andresta

Seikina - Update 2

SaekeiLogo.jpg

Hi again! Thank you for all the comments and suggestions on my last post! I appreciate them!

Here it is, my second update on my city, Seikina. I will be showing different parts of this city.

This is the Maronouchi Insurance building. As the name implies, it is a major car insurance company in Saekei. It is located at Seikina's western side, and it is easily accessible by the MTR.

web.jpg?ver=13208938280001

web.jpg?ver=13208937910001

We then go back to the center of the city. The Minami Hotel, which is a popular hotel spot for tourist, is just located outside from a major MTR station. It is also opposite from the busy Station Shopping District (see Update 1).

MinamiHotelEvening.jpg

MinamiHotelNight.jpg

With many tours around dense areas, we begin to take a look at lower-density areas. The first stop would be the Futan Public Apartments. The local government constructed this site to give low-income families a place to live. These apartments have been very successful increasing these families' disposable income due to lower rents.

FutanPublicApartments.jpg

Additionally, the local government allowed community gardens (just north of the apartments) to be built here. Residents, not only in the Futan Public Apts. but also surrounding residents, can come here and grow their own food. It has been a tremendous success that lower-income families and other residents saved transportation and food cost by growing their foods right outside or near from their homes. Furthermore, it enhanced this area's social capital. Many people made new friends or contacts by growing food and sharing land together.

FutanPublicApartmentsDawn.jpg

This is the Nanban Ward. It can be considered a suburban ward (aka: neighborhood) south of downtown Seikina. Single-family homes are placed close together with narrow alley/access streets. A couple of small shops are located on the street to provide convenient shopping for residents. This significantly reduces the resident's need to drive and further promotes walking and get people outside.

NanbanWard.jpg

NanbanWardEvening2.jpg

NanbanWardEvening.jpg

After this tour on Seikina's less dense areas, we return to denser areas. This is a relatively small commercial district in southern Seikina. The density is built upon the transit stop, which is the MTR (EL-rail) station.

ShinGongZhiDistrictNight.jpg

Finally, back to northern Seikina (near TR Seikina Station - see Update 1), we see a high-rise office building. SITE SIETO A Building.

SITESIETOABuilding.jpg

SITESIETOABuildingNight.jpg

The building's top floor is a restaurant arcade. At any of these restaurants, one can see the entire city of Seikina. Thus, it has become a popular place for couples or men dating with women : )

Perhaps this is what the couples would see outside while dining. This is Taipei City (the real one) at night. This was taken from someone in Taipei 101's observatory deck.

Taipei+from+101.jpg

http://totaiwanandba...taipei-101.html

Hope you all have enjoyed this update! It is most likely that my next update will be on my second city, ShinBei. Hope all have a great week!

Please rate and comment!

Andresta

SaekeiLogo.jpg

Hello! I apologize for the delay, but here it is...my very first update on Seikina! In this update I will be mostly showing the city's northern side. Firstly, Tippon Railways (TR) Seikina Station is the main passenger rail station in this city. The building itself is a mixed-use development (shopping center, office, and rail station). Mixed-use development is prevalent in my cities.

TRSeikinaStation.jpg

Seikina's elevated rail services is owned by the Maraunochi Transit Railways (MTR), which is also a public firm. This station serves as the link to to TR Seikina Station and the rest of Seikina.

MTRSeikinaStationEvening.jpg

Opposite from TR Seikina Station lies the Station Shopping District, which a highly vibrant shopping area. This place also attracts many college students, since an university is located right across from TR Seikina Station.

NOTE: This district is the result of major changes I have made to this site. If you would like to have a peek what was it like before, please see my first post (Seikina - Preview)

StationShoppingDistrict.jpg

The white roof between the buildings in this area is an indoor shopping arcade. The adjacent buildings provides entry/exits inside this area. This design is popular in Japan. I have personally seen these in Osaka and Sapporo, and they are very nice place to go shopping!

StationShoppingDistrict3.jpg

StationShoppingDistrict2.jpg

StationShoppingDistrictNight.jpg

Just outside of Station Shopping District, there are several high-rise office buildings. One of them is the Nomura building.

NomuraBuilding.jpg

Finally, another one would be the NTT DoCoMo Building. In reality, NTT DoCoMo is a Japanese Telecom Company, but let's just say this company has expanded its operations into Saekei.

NTTDoCoMoBuildingNight.jpg

I hope you have enjoyed this update! Once again I apologize if I have kept any of you waiting for too long. The next update will be showing other areas of Seikina. My undergraduate studies continue to be busy, but I'm still doing well!

Please rate and comment!

Andresta

Seikina - Preview

SaekeiLogo.jpg

Before I begin, I would like all know that this is my first time publishing a city journal. Your comments can help me design better SC4 cities.

As my title description stated, I will be using the region of Taipei City, Taiwan for my cities. However, my cities are purely my imagination. They don't resemble the real and existing Taipei City. I chose to develop my city in this region mostly because I grew up in Taipei.

The overall design theme is more Asian (specifically Japanese), but it will have some mixture of western-style buildings.

Seikina is one of the cities I'm currently working on. This is a preview of what I've been doing to this area. Both pictures are at the same location (day and night). The location is just outside of Tippon Railways (TR) Seikina Station, which is Seikina's main passenger rail station (not shown in the pictures).

SeikinaOutsideTRSeikinaStationNight.jpg

SeikinaOutsideTRSeikinaStation.jpg

Thank You! And I hope you enjoyed this preview. I'm not sure when I will upload the next patch of photos, since I have recently been quite busy in my undergraduate studies. However, there will definitely be more!

Please comment and rate!