• Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Going American!

Entries in this City Journal

Evillions

Town to Large Town

Year 7

With the growing population of Salem, the old schoolhouse is in a dire need of expansion. However, due its material, a new school will replace the schoolhouse.

Salem-1-1.jpg

Days later, demolition / construction begun.

Salem-2-1.jpg

Months later, the new school is open to K-8 students. As the young generation ages, a high-school will be built in the future.

Salem-3-1.jpg

Salem-4-1.jpg

Meanwhile, more businesses are started to invest in Salem because of the town's massive booms. In the outskirts of Salem, a construction site was erected.

Salem-5-1.jpg

Salem-6-1.jpg

Months later, these new buildings soon supplemented the logging company such as manufacturing tables and other wood-related products.

Salem-7-1.jpg

Year 8

A year later, commercial and service businesses started to invest in Salem for the same reason as the industrial businesses. To accommodate for these investments, the Salem government ordered a renovation of one of the town's blocks.

Salem-8-1.jpg

The construction site soon erected larger office buildings as well as row-houses.

Salem-9-1.jpg

Salem-10-1.jpg

Evillions

Second Expansion

A year has passed since the construction of the railroad and more businesses became more attracted in investing in Salem.

Salem-1.jpg

As intended, a small logging site was set up near the freight station. After a year, Salem collected enough tax revenue from the logging industry and paved its dirt roads along with some expansion.

Salem-4.jpg

Near the shore, the logging industry established a sawmill so that the logs could be transformed into boards and then sold to local markets.

Salem-5.jpg

Along with Salem's expansion, a new district has been erected as it serves for Salem's new police and fire departments.

Salem-6.jpg

As the logging site is lacking suitable workers, the company bought a parcel of land and started to construct basic homes for the loggers.

Salem-7.jpg

Salem-8.jpg

---------------

On the other side of Salem, the development started to construct its first houses.

Salem-2.jpg

Salem-3.jpg

Evillions

New Opportunities

After several years of little to no expansion, larger businesses started to invest in Salem. The first business that invested was a real estate company. The business plans to attract over one-hundred people. So far, construction is just begun and will take years for it to be complete.

Salem-10.jpg

The second business that invested was a logging company. This company sought to make huge profits from the abundant trees. To accomplish this, the company started to construct a freight rail-station and some railroad.

Salem-9.jpg

Salem-11.jpg

Evillions

Industries Develop

One year passed after the construction of the seaport, and Salem growth is steadily increasing.

Salem-1.jpg

As the growing population needs public parks, the government established a rough baseball field near the school house.

Salem-2-1.jpg

Luckily, there is enough room to accommodate for more residents.

Salem-3-1.jpg

Salem-4-1.jpg

With the high demand of service stations and mom and pop stores, the Salem government gave permission to a construction company to erect new buildings.

Salem-5-1.jpg

Salem-6-1.jpg

A year later, the expenditures are slowly overtaking Salem's income. Based on the statistics, most of the expenditures originate from the import of agricultural products.

Salem-7.jpg

Before the new year, the government wishes to establish new housing next to the farm. However, the current economic situation restricts Salem in constructing new buildings.

Salem-8.jpg

Evillions

First expansion

Salem, a small town that was established to increase trading revenue in the Ohio River. Currently, its population is merely one-hundred twenty two citizens.

Salem-6.jpg

In order to attract commercial ships, a small seaport was constructed to attract smaller sized ships.

Salem-2.jpg

Months later, residential demand skyrockets to forty percent due to seaport's effectiveness.

Salem-4.jpg

Salem-3.jpg

Salem-5.jpg

Evillions

Teaser - 1

I know... This looks like Marsh's Sandalwood (credit to him for inspiration), I just want to do my own version of an American growth CJ. I know that I am going against my "Slums for life" thing, but I am limited to middle class residents for the time being. As time progresses, then Slums / Ghettos will be added. ;)

Without a further ado... Here is the first teaser:

salem-12.jpg