• Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Showing off cities made with CitiesXL

Entries in this City Journal

Qorten

A bit of randomness

Update 1: A bit of randomness

As my first update on Wamorra I'll be showing a bit of pictures from the neighborhood called Nellis, which used to be a small unremarkable village but got boggled up by Wamorra in recent years. It is officially part of Wamorra since 1998. There are also some random views of Wamorra in general.

cxl_screenshot_wamorra_39.jpg

Nellis on one side, heavy industry and low quality appartments on the other side of the river Wamor (not very original people, I know).

cxl_screenshot_wamorra_40.jpg

A random street in the center of Nellis. The only pub in this neighborhood.

cxl_screenshot_wamorra_41.jpg

Looking at the Nellis Bridge from the pub at dusk.

cxl_screenshot_wamorra_38.jpg

Nightview taken by a climber. Wamorra is surrounded by hills and cliffs on all sides, except the seaside of course.

cxl_screenshot_wamorra_37.jpg

Same view at noon.

cxl_screenshot_wamorra_36.jpg

Nightview of Wamorra taken from the top of the John Dembala Bridge. Notice the Gherkin in blue on the far right of the picture.

cxl_screenshot_wamorra_35.jpg

Same view in the late morning.

cxl_screenshot_wamorra_42.jpg

Wamorra State Parliament seen from the side when leaving a metro station in the early morning.

cxl_screenshot_wamorra_43.jpg

City Park, the back of the City Hall and the front of the State Parliament in the early morning.

cxl_screenshot_wamorra_44.jpg

A Side of the City Hall and the dome of Saint Paul's Cathedral sticking out over some nice houses in the early morning.

cxl_screenshot_wamorra_45.jpg

Bird's Eye overview of Wamorra. A bit further inland lies the city of Constance, which, unlike Nellis, hasn't been boggled up yet.

Qorten

Hello everyone. I'm Qorten, a member of Simtropolis for a few years now but never very active, at least not since the site overhaul and before that only in the CitiesXL-section. I have played SimCity 4 for a while, played a lot of SC2000 and SC3K before that, but now I'm hooked on CitiesXL.

A few months ago I discovered SC4 unions and dcided to sign up for the USNW. My nation is called the Dantanaean Confederation and I'll be showing you around the various cities and countryside as I build up the country. So far I've (nearly) finished two cities and I'm hard at work on a third one.

political_map_v2Adonia.jpg

This is the political map of Dantanaea. As you can see it is an island nation, consisting of several states and territories. The setting is a bit based on Australia, while the way the confederal government works is based on the Swiss system.

People interested in the history of the nation and a more detailed explanation of the governments will have to visit my Dantanaean CJ on the USNW-forum for now. I'll see whether I'll post it here later in a new entry.

Now I'll give you teasers for the three cities that I have been working on already. You'll notice that there is a lot of repetition, but that will hopefully improve now that Focus Home release Modding Tools with the CitiesXL 2012 expansion. Almost all buildings are plopped and once the expansion is out and modded stuff is released I'll be replacing some of the buildings to reduce repetition.

cxl_screenshot_wamorra_16.jpg

This is downtown Wamorra, among the larger cities of Dantanaea, capital of the State of Wamorra.

cxl_screenshot_meralla_9.jpg

Postcard view of a part of Meralla, the capital of the Confederation and of the State of Meraland. This is one of the first cities really large and economically successfull cities I built in CXL. As such it is also the worst looking in my own opinion. I'm thinking about making a Meralla v2 later on to replace this with.

cxl_screenshot_derramo_0.jpg

Here you are seeing Southford, which is part of the metropolitan area of Derramo. In the distance you can see the small CBD of Southford. Southford is a city on it's own, the second largest of the area, after Derramo itself.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0