• Moose
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Austin is a small city formed in the late 1700s in CAlifornia. This city will go through many issues through it's years. It will also go through many great things as well.

Entries in this City Journal

jephonesewarrior

blogentry-441196-0-05834600-1340562105_t

This here is a picture of the Farmhouse of John "Big Cow" Yourk, the Mayor of Austin from 1983-1987. At the 1984 City Fair, he put his cow, Bessie, in as the heaviest. She weighed in at 2 tons! The mayor and the cow had won. This cow became the mascot of the city. That's why one of the Cities nicknames is "The Big Cow".

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading!

Jephonesewarrior

:ninja:

jephonesewarrior

Hello Readers! Today we will be going over some fun facts about the City of Austin:

blogentry-441196-0-78036200-1340547526_t

Full Name of City: Fernando de Austin City

Nicknames: Austin, Farmtown, and the Big Cow (That nickname will be explained later)

Founded: 1774

Established as a Town: 1775

Ethnicity: White 78% Black 20% Native 2%

Population (As of 6/24/2012 10:51AM): 5,902

Treasury: $489,431

blogentry-441196-0-92659200-1340549655_t

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading

:D

Jephonesewarrior

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Replies

GGamus: Thank you!

Westy177: Thank you! I'm new so I'm not to good at making large photos.

jephonesewarrior

It's early April 1774. A young explorer named Fernando de Austin, approaches the Pacific Ocean. He decides to make camp there. He builds a nice European-style building, which is today town hall.

blogentry-441196-0-20176200-1340498139_t

He notices that the soil here is quite fertile, unlike the rest of Southern California. He decides to bring settlers here, and calls the town Austin.

blogentry-441196-0-40062300-1340498510_t

Many years later in 1845, the city became a boomtown, due to the Gold Rush.

blogentry-441196-0-48121300-1340499168_t

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading. There will be more soon.

Jephonesewarrior

jephonesewarrior

I'm Back!

Hey everyone! Good news! I've begin working on a CXL2011 version of Austin! It'll take a while to complete so for now, thank you for voting. I've been inactive for that I was playing other games.

See ya

jephonesewarrior

jephonesewarrior

I'm Back!

Hey everyone! Good news! I've begin working on a CXL2011 version of Austin! It'll take a while to complete so for now, thank you for voting. I've been inactive for that I was playing other games.

See ya

jephonesewarrior

jephonesewarrior

Sorry guys the computer i had with Austin on it is gone forever. no more Austin Entries. In Four days, this journal will end. Unless 3 comments come saying i should do it on Cities XL.

Bye

Jephonesewarrior

jephonesewarrior

Sorry guys the computer i had with Austin on it is gone forever. no more Austin Entries. In Four days, this journal will end. Unless 3 comments come saying i should do it on Cities XL.

Bye

Jephonesewarrior

jephonesewarrior

City of AustinCOA_seal_med.jpgcom

Canada Peace Tower:

This tower is based off of British Columbia's CN Tower. It is shorter than the actual one, due to height laws (it's downgraded by ten feet). This tower was built in 1998 by Americans and Canadians, to signify peace. The opening ceromony was on October 8, 2000. Today, you may ride up the elavator to the top of this glorious structure. Here are some facts on the Structure:

Location-75 5th Street

Height- 1,805 feet

Capacity-75 people

Pics:

blogentry-441196-0-92262000-1318076593_thumb.png

jephonesewarrior

Greater Austin News.com (gan.com)

4.1 quake strikes outside Downtown Austin

Regal- At 4:53pm today, a 4.1 magnitude earthquake struck the city of Austin. People in downtowran outside and schools had students duck and cover. Yes, this was on the San Andreas Fault, but the epicenter was in Regal, a suburb of Austin. 3 people are dead, and 17 are injured. This isn't really big news due to earthquakes happening all the time. Here are some pics of damage in downtown Austin. Sorry no pictures. the smoke is to much to shoot photos.

In other news...

John Weaton, William Heilberg, and John Fernon executed for killing 19 men together...

Massive car accident causes cats from one animal contro truck that crashed to run astray...

Ringling Circus visiting Austin...

Oceanolympics bid 2012...

Jephonesewarrior :ninja: ...

Good bye...

jephonesewarrior

Hey guys! more facts and pics on Austin:

blogentry-441196-0-54000800-1317860587_thumb.pngblogentry-441196-0-72712700-1317862424_thumb.pngblogentry-441196-0-33673000-1317862610_thumb.pngaustinolympics.jpg

Basic Facts:

Population: 149,769

Jobs: 72,560

Funds: $9,218,187

Founded: 1839

Founder: George .A. Austin

Universities and colleges: 2

Airports: 2

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

hope you guys enjoyed

hope my city qualifies for the bid in the oceanolympics

jephonesewarrior :ninja:

thanks to 100000000000 for the logo

jephonesewarrior

Regal, CA

blogentry-441196-0-55076700-1317843818_thumb.pngHey guys! This picture represents the small town of Regal, in southern CA. The town has a population of around 350 souls. Near Downtown Regal, is The University of Southern California at Austin. The was around WAY before Austin was (founded by Spaniards in 1678). As you can see, there are some pretty nice buildings in the town. Haha. I didn't use any new buildings to make the town. Now, here's a pic of the University of Austin (or Southern California).blogentry-441196-0-62717000-1317844392_thumb.png The school is home to around 12,000 students aged 18-22.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, there you have it! thanks for reading, and rememver to comment

Here are comments from the last entry:

I'm glad my instructionsworked. I'm a cali native so this looks really nice- Makes me want to return. 3/5titanicbuffphoto-thumb-235805.jpg The city looks nice, but it can improved a lot :)

1) Terraforming the land before building will make the city looks pretty awesome. Check some city journals for inspirations.

2) If you don't have N.A.M., get it. It will make your transportation system way more efficient, as well as adding new tools to make it more flexible.

3) Download custom made stuff. The Maxis buildings are O.K., but you can customize your cities to make them more personal.

4) Always hide the tool bar and the U.D.I. icons.

The rest are up to you. Keep it up and have fun :golly:Terring

jephonesewarrior

blogentry-441196-0-10484900-1317812405_thumb.jpgHey. This right here *(sorry for lo res) is the west side of Austin, a beach town in Southern CA. The current population is around 175,000 (quite large considering i dont use any cheats) The reason i don't show the east side, is because it is filled with cruddy slums. the only good thing over there is the convention center. Now the West Side (that's the name of the bourough) is home to entrences to highway 45( wich i'll show later) wich goes around Austin like a beltline.Downtown Austin has mainly streets and avenues (remember: no cheats). Also in the West Side is Antwerp Beach, the only inner city beach. This is quite off topic, but now i'm going to talk about Harrisburg and Regal (yes, i will get pics). Regal and Harrisburg are two suburbs of Austin. 90% of their populations are dirty rich, and in Harrisburg there is'nt a $$ or $ building in sight. This afternoons issue will be on either highway 45 or those suburbs. vote by 4pm!. I'll announce the winner

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

remember to vote and tell your friends!

Yes. i will be showing all comments from before entries.

P.S. check out my other journal, Democratic Republic of Jesphon.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0