• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A northern European nation, off the North-West coast of Ireland. Paranor recently became a republic. Reboot starts on Update 52 with new information & location :)

Entries in this City Journal

Craig91

Header.jpg

After just one year in the new City Journal section, Paranor Island has reached 50,000 views. I would like to thank everyone who watches this CJ and those who comment for bringing this CJ fourth place in the views rank.

1.jpg

Just as a little treat, I'm going to do something I normally hate doing. I'm going to show a region view of the still incomplete Leah (:

2.jpg

3.jpg

And just another update of the map I'm working on.

4.jpg

Craig91

Public Transport

Header.jpg

Paranor has an efficient and modern public transport system. Paranor Transport is the government agency resposible for running all rail and bus systems, and also regulates the nation's private taxis.  Leah has by far the most extensive system in the country, focused on various forms of rail, bus and other forms of transport. The Metro rail system is completely segregated from traffic and carries the its two lines connect Leah's airport and some of the largest suburbs with the City Centre. The Metrolight is an on-street system with lower fequency and shorter trains than the other Metro lines, but is still an important connection to the city for smaller suburbs. The Commuter is a heavy rail line that runs along the same route as the country's National Rail. In recent years, these lines have been quad-tracked to keep Commuter and Intercity lines from slowing each other down. Leah also has a very extensive bus system, with many routes acting as feeders to rail lines. Integrates ticketing ensures easy transfer between different modes of transport. There is also a bike rental system that covers the city centre.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Paranor's national rail service  is due to completely replace domestic air travel by the end of the decade, with new lines to reduce the time it takes to make intercity trips.

ProposedRailMap.jpg

Craig91

Maps

Header.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Some cities have been moved around in my newest national map, notably with Leah now being a coastal city.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last map isn't complete yet, but it's of central Leah (:5.jpg

6.jpg