• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A comicbook, aswell as standard updates ! About an Asian nation...my little crazy world! 藍龍的民族!

Entries in this City Journal

TowerDude

Liudu, Magic Sunset

At 80,000 souls Liudu is not Oka's biggest city, yet it has a soul to it, let me take you on this trip in the sunset..

The City is designed along a canal, used in Imperial times, today, it's a place of Romance, young couples kiss on the canal, during the sunset, legend has it, that the blood of dragons of fortune flows in the canal..

YyZFUBY.jpg

nzWFS4s.jpg

GCOEfzR.jpg

YEz8xk5.jpg

Finally, replies to the last update! :)

Caracortada : hope you use the trees I pmed you :P

LnX : Thanks! :)

fan o SC4 : Thank you, Actually I inspired myself on a real documentary on the German TV channel ARTE

westy177 : Thank you, glad to see you back! it's been active, but had slumps in inactivty because of archi school

Tonraq : Oh you :wub:

NMUSpidey : Thank you! Your CJ's entirely revolve around that, and yes it does give life, a face :P

Suomi2005 : Thanks Jarno! :blush:

jmsepe : I admit the tree and roads are tricky to do.. I failed a lot :whatevs:

Sarthakknight : Thank you :)

TenkidusT : What Else ? 8) 8) 8) ( Nespresso :???: )

Spursrule14 : Thank you for the prize! :}

TowerDude

XLUeU9l.jpg

The north, the face of Okatabawashi's youth?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5powxvY5YfE

Presented in 2012, Arte, and OTV collaborated on a documentary about Okatabawashi's youth, especially the one of the young people living in Renagawa, the program is a portrait of the city and of it's young inhabitants

Awards : Seungli Awards - Documentary of the year 2012

Part 1 : 26 years old

We meet "Yuka" we meet her in a little street in the hyper centre, Yuka works as a cashier in a small grocery store, she has a monthly salary of 1,600J, about 1300€, but Yuka failed entry in University, it was a shame for her parents, "It was 2 hard years in my life..." during these two years, she met other people throughout the city via her job, they often go out, she started to smoke at that time. "During those two years, I needed a salary, and living by my own was hard.. the first months I worked as a hostess in a nightclub and during the day I gave leaflets..

7ULFjWt.jpg

iQgRfat.jpg

Tw6ZHzW.jpg

0oN7uyB.jpg

vHseX6V.jpg

PxrXMnx.jpg

On the other side we have "Sumo" Sumo successfully handles a fashion clothing shop in downtown Renagawa, her father who worked for famous Asian clothing brands, like Yesstyle, was able to give her the contacts in order to survive in the tough Asian fashion market, Sumo percieves a salary of 6,500J monthly about 6000€, with stores in Renagawa, Tengoku, Oka-City and Shongzhen, she wishes her brand to move on internationally

TSNuHf0.jpg

geOgJqJ.jpg

icLDfnI.jpg

jHpgeBO.jpg

JmYzz2H.jpg

etuE9Ey.jpg

3q1G3fs.jpg

QkbudM6.jpg

fjSm6sh.jpg

OHP9c8N.jpg

Newt time we see, how luck can change your life in 5 months only..

XVEiOTj.jpg

TowerDude

Hrui Yanh - 锐岩

GN4my6u.jpg

Hrui Yanh - 锐岩

REPLIES

Tonraq : CENTRE it is! thanks

:P

Huston : I'm happe the fog made it more mysterious !

Fox : Thanks, I'm not the best of mmp's though...

NMUSpidey : I think it is, it's at the height of the soulth of Taiwan hmmm.. I'm not even sure myself, I just' always called it a jungle

:O

Gugu3 : Thanks!

PingPong : Thank you! I liked the effect too

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOGD_obvXag

QBp5qy6.jpg

CtUxtCY.jpg

The region of Shanggwok possesses many treasures, the temple seen I mentioned previously is located in Shanggwok too

The floating village is home to only 50 people, who wish to hold on to this tradition, but you may wonder, why floating villages ?

The people who live here are remains of an ethnic group called the Hang's, in imperial times they were ousted from their land of Shanggwok, back then called "Hangluu" they were pushed of, and the emperor let them stay in Okatabawashi as long as they populated the otherwise inhabitable land of Hrui Yanh, for over 300 years until now "micro-ethnic" group has been living on boats and housed wherever they could

Nowadays, Hang's are mixed with ethnic Okataians, but a small group preserve the tradition..

Xw1b7s3.jpg

0x4DtAy.jpg

I hope you enjoyed this!

TowerDude

Shenlin, Deep Forest

[centre]mWmjbh3.jpg

Shenlin

Lost in the deep forest, on the Island of Samdo, Shelin, is a city living of what it can, a train line links it, and a road, it is very calm, and in the night, silence is golden.. I came by bus, only one bus a day I was told.

A feeling of solitude takes you over, a feeling you get in no other cities of the country, although this is a largely inhabited city, it seems like only a thousand live here, I can't explain why.. maybe it's the fog that lends over the city almost every morning. As I enter a shop, I order a warm tea, as I drink it, onlooking a train line with no trains, back in Renagawa where I live, trains dance like on a stage, here only one service train breaks the silence imposed by the thick fog...

Hao Szan Guo, "Along the Sian Road" 1964

1- The Hunter's dorm

I stayed over the night in the hunter dorms, built on a slope, these buildings have just what you need to live with, a chair, a bed, and a table. I shared my room with Su, he is a hunter, every day he goes into the jungle and hunts for various animals he can sell back in the city.

fR9lXWq.jpg

1MV5F2Q.jpg

Lpm42l0.jpg

JFMXCHr.jpg

2-Shenlin Temple

From the window of my room I can just see the temple, I read that the city was buil here because of a cult to a god who was said to live here

xkdAUX3.jpg

DOFTp6W.jpg

CG2qgei.jpg[/centre]

TowerDude

Kungjong Sui

toyo_ito_2013_pritzker_09.jpg

Kungjong Sui

Hey guys! And happy new year to you all again, best wishes! Today I have a few pics to show you, "natural" indeed! no photoshoping or whatsoever, just raw pics, which I think are quite nice left natural

The place is called Kungjong Sui, it is a residential district, with commercial venues along the avenue, it isn't any daring urbanism, but just some casual scenes of what I've been building

Enjoy!

d3Abgsh.jpg

vu60cwA.jpg

tTb9TRq.jpg

See You soon !

:D

TowerDude

Long Time no see..

Ey34y61.jpg

Long Time No see

4mJVXKM.pngiqvxq8D.jpg

As I said school has been rough, however I've been doing things in my free time, here is a snap of what I have in store for you

From Dense Urban centers..

1tGahOT.jpg

To places of amazing culture...

K0PllR1.jpg

12RQ6o7.jpg

TowerDude

The Kemney Gallery

the House was built for Scott Murray Of Kemney, a wealthy trader in the port of Okatabawashi, in 1989 Liao Hua Kson bought the house and contacted Hengchin Architects for the construction of the gallery.

h3o9bPq.jpg

K0PllR1.jpg

1r5v0T2.jpg

e0GJhrx.jpg

k1cw8WP.jpg

25-09-13 | 19-02-14

"ThisIsYourMedia"

De Stijl, Dutch for "The Style", also known as neoplasticism, was a Dutch artistic movement founded in 1917. In a narrower sense, the term De Stijl is used to refer to a body of work from 1917 to 1931 founded in the Netherlands, it propagated to many European nations like Switzerland where Corbusier's works would be influenced, And Histapol, the Kemney Gallery is proud to present a retrospective, on a more than mysterious artist, one who we know no real name of.

His name is known as Ian Jones, but it's just a fake name, and nobody knows his real name. he was born in 1989 and graduated with a Abstract Arts Degree from Darsingborough College of Art. He's a DeStiji artist with multiple famous artworks to his name.

Cliche_1.png[/centre]

Kemney Gallery : Opening Hours

Mon - Fri : 10:00 to 19:00

Sat : 14:00 to 23:00

Sun : Closed

Contact +78 5254 2255 | Contact@kgallery.ok

TowerDude

A taste of Britain 2

article-2159786-139F3D7E000005DC-15_964x616.jpg

A taste of Britain 2

I wish I could have shown you guys more, but my laptop is in repairs, well it's not going well... a fan problem, so annoying, especially after buying it one year ago..bloody HP.. Anyway! here is a pic of what I had in store

;)

iS40FUI.jpg

TowerDude

6JPQWs6.jpg

Renagawa is a city in the Renagawa SAR region of Okatabawashi's island of Nobu Sei, a designated city under the Local Autonomy Law, the capital city of Renagawa SAR Prefecture and also the biggest part of the Noburu area, which is represented by three major cities of Okatabawashi, Shingwa, Mingxun Hongpur and Shuto

CeDmMdk.jpg

Historically the commercial centre of Okatabawashi, known as Ren Shi Ta, Renagawa functions as one of the command centers for the Okatabawashian economy economy. The ratio between daytime and night time population is 141%, the highest in Okatabawashi, highlighting its status as an economic center. Its nighttime population is 4.6 million, the third in the country, but in daytime the population surges to 5.7 million, second only after Tokyo in Japan. (Totalling the Special wards of Tokyo, which is not a single incorporated city, for statistical purposes. See the Tokyo article for more information on the definition and makeup of Tokyo.) Renagawa used to be referred to as the "nation's kitchen" (天下の台所 tenka no daidokoro?) in feudal Hui period because it was the centre of trading for rice, creating the first modern future exchange market in the world

XMVDzqU.jpg

txYncbb.jpg

TowerDude

Lam Fong & more!

background.gif

Lam Fong

Lam Fong is a valley between London Canal and the Northwest Hills. Lam Fong can claim several firsts in the history of the City : The site for Okatabawashi City's first reservoir, the Lam Fong Pei Reservoir, (1883, now part of a country park); and the site for the City first dairy farm by five investors, including Sir Patrick Manson in 1885. The farm supplied not only milk, but cattle to Okatabawashi City, and later became Dairy Farm. However, it no longer exists in Lam Fong.

UYaEj4D.jpg

Chi Fu Fa Yuen (置富花園) was developed in the mid-seventies by Sung Hung Kai. It comprises 20 towers of 28-storey high-rise buildings with a total of 4,258 residential units and 7 towers of 5-storey villa type low-rise buildings with 70 household units.

Chi Gong Lu, the pensioners village has 30 sets of 2 storey's houses.

URH9fBk.jpg

U9lXSrD.jpg

More

b5khZUm.jpg

k4Tbdaw.jpg

Lam_Sai_Po.jpeg

See you soon!

TowerDude

Daodong - 盜洞

DWRXu.jpg

at only a population of 15000 Daodong is not known for being a large large city.. but it is most famous for being the city where Frank Tung Chung died, and is burried, thousands of people come to honour the one who set Okatabawashi free, and pushed the nation into a new era..

sDY19.jpg

EKJGC.jpg

aPex4.jpg

FnwnJ.jpg

rx6SR.jpg

d30hX.jpg

wxLEM.jpg

FPmx4.jpg

aXeAz.jpg

TowerDude

DWRXu.jpg

National Opera, 1 Li Yuen Mo Avenue

Well hello again, and here we are gone for another year, I hope you've all had a great new years, and have well rested and had fun, in the meantime here are some pics for an update I wanted to do this summer, but never published!

bpQ4z.jpg

N78am.jpg

l0N7O.jpg

QqGye.jpg

FdMoZ.jpg

pqmIR.jpg

TowerDude

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

New Years Atmosphere....

I haven't had time to do anything to special for new year, but here have this.... rather more calm update :P or is it ? :smirk:

2rGkd.jpg

...This is Oka, Come on, we do more than just that !!!

(EXACTLY MIDNIGHT LOCAL TIME WHEN UPDATED)

v4bH4.jpg

Wvm3M.jpg

hmtAR.jpg

LaBsR.jpg

8JRTi.jpg

ytTV6.jpg

TowerDude

NiIoM.jpg

Okatabawashi - 1885

In 1885 Edinburgh, the central district, now known as colonial was finished constructed, this was the Empires most eastern metropolis, and was the hub for commerce with Japan, China, Korea and many more!

fpuS6.jpg

Lord Thomas Scott

Lord Thomas was appointed as the first leader of the colony in 1885, he created major infrastructure, and an education, where Okataian traditions, and culture had totally gone....unsurprisingly

Lord Thomas Scott is famous for having aked Architect William Jenkins to plan the Cathedral of Okatabawashi City, (Called New Portsmouth back then) he wanted to build the grandest Cathedral in any colony, but it never got built, however the City Hall (Old Colonial Political Headqurter) and the Kensington house where created

419wk.jpg

ZRqCD.jpg

E4kDB.jpg

Only second to Scott was Lord Murray, the Scotsman from Edinburgh, gave his name to the new colonial district, in 1889 he caused a scandal in the empire, falling in love with a local girl, and had a child with her ( Records state her name was Hui Lu Wo, he called her Rose).

Murray, created the plan for the large avenues in Oka City, called the Haussman of the British Empire, his work was considerable to that of the French Baron Haussman in Paris

AjK4Z.jpg

LtLna.jpg

TowerDude

24/7

DWRXu.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgLxtLUNy0s

We start today in Lungwong district, a very dense district of the city, it has many charms. From Korean restaurants, to local ones, with typical dishes like Qwansoon and the more unique Tai-Yom Soup (Eel Soup) to the nightclubs, and martial arts centers, with a density not far for that of Mong Kok in Hong Kong, the district is always alive, and will always suprise you !

WY2iS.jpg

1-Brighton Road House

Brighton House was built during the colonial era, by architect Terrence Kumodiang in 1872, he represent the mouvement of the "slayers", these architects in Okatabawashi, built a British styled architecture, not that they wanted to, but where forced to do so, by the authorities. It now serves as Atarashima's embassy

48CHd.jpg

Food on James Fong Ave

As an international city, you will find restaurants on this streets! from Pizza's, to Kimchi, passing by Pasta, Patisseries, and Fast Foods, for the food lover, this is a must!

Rq3YR.jpg

Sushi...

cIWep.jpg

Kimchi..!

JVKsr.jpg

Another view of the street

rG9n3.jpg

Living in Lungwong

Flats in Lungwong are small and expensive, one of the most expensive places in the country, living here comes at a price, the density is very high, but life is close you will find many entertainment clubs, and 1 MTSR station away, you are in Lushuanji, the epicenter of the country!

CK4oT.jpg

Governmental compound

In Edinburgh you will find the Government compound, home to the "Central Government", "Seiyau Lantai Yomquing" in Okataian, it is where the chamber of the Members of parliament (MP's) and the Consul of the Chéongwha's (Okatabawashi's equivalent to Noblemen) met, in the famous Ngaulai Yingmuyuen building, most known for it's beautiful orange pagoda...enjoy your visit

KB80g.jpg

kbUU6.jpg

y9Ohd.jpg

I hope you enjoyed, don't forget to +1, comment, rate, if you think it deserved it ;)

Cya next time