• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

The Ultimate Realism

Entries in this City Journal

colcholl

downtownspringviewbanner.jpg

Here is an update of Montrose, the very first entry I did in this CJ :)

Rich Montrose sims enjoy a quite lifestyle. An outdoor concert hall hosts many sold out events.

montrosesuburb2.jpg

Many updates are happening in the West Garden area: A new Starbucks just opened, and Montrose' oldest hospital is being renovated. Also, a road widening project is set to break ground in the coming months.

montrosesuburb3.jpg

A new diverging-diamond interchange just finished completion, being the first in the entire metro. The interchange is very busy, because of the strip center.

montrosesuburb412.jpg

A shopping center and Walmart Supercenter are located right off of Montrose Parkway.

A few food choices include Little Caesars Pizza and Arby's.

montrosesuburb.jpg

Thanks for reading :) please rate and comment!

colcholl

Town of North Branch.

Today we're taking a look at North Branch, a small, growing suburban town.

The very first development in the area is Pine Briar Estates. Construction started in the late 1990's and was completed in 2005, with a new phase underway.

northbranch2.png

Greenwood Parkway is home to a low-rise office and a couple modern warehouses.

Jack In The Box and Sonic Drive-In expanded adding locations to North Branch this past year.

northbranch.png

Chasewood Freeway ends interstate-grade at an intersection with North Branch Road. Places for sims to spend money include McDonald's, Waffle House, TA Travel Centers, and Piney Point Plaza.

northbranch3-1.jpg

Thanks for reading guys, please comment and rate! :D

Please join me for the next entry of Springview, Perry Island, coming soon! :)

colcholl

The City of Springview.

Today I'm giving Y'all a look at The City of Springview :)

Here is the heart of the growing Metro area, Downtown Springview.

HSBC Bank Tower, completed in 2009, is currently the tallest building in the city and surrounding suburbs.

Due to the ever-expanding suburbs, Raisa Lake Tower is the only building under construction in downtown, although several residential high-rise proposals are currently waiting approval.

springviewdowntown.jpg

2 miles to the Southwest of Downtown, located at the crossing of Montrose Parkway and Chasewood Freeway is Springview's main retail area. This area alone generates millions in tax revenue dollars for the city every year for the city. The first big-box store started construction in 2004, with the newest addition to the area being the Holiday Inn Express.

There is currently a large-format lifestyle center under construction to meet the retail needs of Springview.

retailspringview.jpg

On the westernmost side of the city is the Springview West Industrial Park, located off of Chasewood Freeway, and accessed via parclo-interchange.

After 10 years of long and difficult construction, the last building of the master-planned Springview West Industrial Park is complete. The industrial park is environmentally friendly and green, polluting less, and all but one building is certified at least Silver LEED.

industrialspringview.jpg

Thats all for today!

Thanks for viewing the newest entry in my CJ - Springview, the ultimate realism :))

more to come soon!

colcholl

Hi guys, this is my first entry in my very first CJ, Springview, The Ultimate Realism.

Today we have Montrose, an affluent suburban community located about 3 miles east of Downtown Springview.

Tall Ponderosa Pines surround large estates, on quiet brick streets. :)

cj1.png

In Montrose (as in most suburbs), there are low-rise office buildings.

This particular building is the regional headquarters of Taylor Hill, LLC.

cj2.jpg

The tourist attraction Raisa Bed & Breakfast offers amazing views of Lake Raisa and nearby Downtown Springview, while the Rocklin Office Park provides high-paying jobs for many of Montrose' sims.

Untitled.jpg

And lastly, the older commercial area of the community.

cj4.jpg

:) Thank you for reading guys.

Please comment if you liked this entry! :D

More of Springview coming soon!