• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A new region, a first CJ

Entries in this City Journal

coldrifting

Well, I'm sorry to say this, but Northern Pacifica is over. I lost the map when I went without an OS on my PC for 3 weeks and wiped the hard drive. I guess I kind of wanted to end this anyway. I didn't get much response. Thanks for the people who did respond. Maybe some day, after I get SimCity 4 working on my Linux box (Or get Windows), I'll start a new CJ. Until then, say good bye to a CJ from me. ps2owner, signing out.

coldrifting

Hello and Welcome back to Northern Pacifica! No this CJ is not dead. It was just put on hold for a while. Anyway, back to business.

So, Norther Pacfica Is In desperate need of better Highways and Interstates. Its trucking Industry is almost non existent, and Residents are pushed away from moving here cause of bad roadways. The region has authorized the construction of a brand spanking new Highway and Interstate system!

It's not entirely finished yet, but here's some pics.

cragforktintersection.png

First of, A new Interstate, I-64, is under construction near the edge of the region, and here is its connection with the new Interstate 89.

highbridgeconstuction.png

Later on down Interstate 89, we have a Bridge going above the Interstate, this will be for Interstate 26, once it it finished.

racetrack.png

Also, near by we have a new racetrack that is almost complete. Think Gran Turismo. :)

highlandrhw4rhw2parall.pngHere we have the connection between Interstate 26 and Interstate 13. I-13 is not a place to be on Friday. #bad pun

sbends.png

Back on I-89, we have lots of twists and turns as at climbs up and over the Pacifica Range.

sunsetmountainsrhw2inte.png

And here is where Interstate 89 Connects with I-16. Down I-16 a bit there will be a T intersection to I-28, but that is not built yet.

ridgemountaintintersect.png

And Finally, here is where I-26 connects with I-9 and goes south to Northern Pacifica, and the Airport.

Well thanks for reading this update, It's not the best or most comprehensive, but its kind of a "hey, this CJ isn't dead!" kind of update.

Oh and here's a little map to help you with navigation in Northern Pacifica.

(Blue is built, and Red is planned)

simcity4cjhighwaymap.png

coldrifting

So, welcome back. I'll try not to do weird thinks like build an airport for a 4000 Sim Region next time. Anyway, sorry about this, but the teaser seen in update 2 will have to be put back to another update, maybe next time.

Okay, so welcome to Upper Lakeview

cityloadupdate3.png

Lakeview City dosn't exist yet, but don't tell that to the founder of Upper Lakeview ;)

cityoverview.png

This is the layout of the roads as of now, but It'll most likely change.

You can see that there is Main Street twice there, ignore that, it's a mistake by me, the blue main street is Center Street.

In order to shorten commute times, a Commuter train line has been built

commuterraillineandpark.png

commuterraillinebridge.png

Bus stops are also very prominent in Upper Lakeview.

Here is a shot of the intersection between Center Street and Highway 57

(Note: This shot and one or two others are older, but they still show what they intend to, and the general layout of the major roads has not changed)

soundwalls.png

Upper Lakeview has many lemon farms...

lemons.png

....but with It's health care, schools, and rising population....

riseofskyscrapers.png

....This may have sounded the death knell for farms:

firsthightechindustry.png

With 15,000 Sims, and a profit of over 1000 simoleans a month, the future looks bright, but...

lotsofindustry.png

Upper Lakeview's Salvation could also be it's damnation.....

coldrifting

Welcome back.The teaser was..... an airport! Yes an airport has been constructed on an artificial island. Today we are going to the newly constructed Northern Pacifica International Airport (NPAX.

npaxloadupdate2.png

First off, NPAX has a very large parking area. If demand goes up enough, it might add a level to the ground parking.

parkingx.png

Here is the main passenger terminal. It is the hub of most activities in the airport, but not all.

mainterminal.png

Here is the business class jets and private jet area, in the south of the airport.

southterminalsbussiness.png

Night shot!

southterminalsnight.png

Over here we have the freight terminal, the main hub of freight at the airport.

airportfreightterminal.png

The cheapest flights are usually near this terminal, making the Sims who buy them walk the farthest.

westterminalseconomycla.png

Around here we have the medium priced flights, Sims who buy these don't have to walk as much.

northeastterminal.png

Here is an overview of the airport.

airportoverview.png

Night shot!

airportoverviewnight.png

(I can't help it. The night lighting is too good to pass up)

Remember, If you want to know what mod something came from/where to get the mod, just ask me.

Well, that's today, but before I go, Teaser! :)

teaser1.png

teaser2.png

teaser3i.png

What is going on........

coldrifting

Hello, and welcome to Northern Pacifica, so named because it is in the North Pacific.

Here is an overview of the new region:

regionoverview.png

As you can see, most of the terrain is weird colors. this is because this terrain was terraformed with sc4terraformer. Here is the city we shall be visiting today:

pacificacityloadingscre.png

Pacifica Bay is a small city with just around 3000 Sims, and a highway, which is owned by the city, because it doesn't cost too much to maintain. Here are a few shots of the city:

schoolarea.png

The school area,

policestation.png

The police department, which has been given a grant from the government for high speed cruisers to catch the bad guys on the long stretches of highway,

avenueunderpass.png

And the avenue underpass, which is around where most of the rich people have decided to show up.

Today, the Pacifica Bay Highway Department (PBHD) is going to upgrade a CloverLeaf interchange, in anticipation of heavy traffic along 2 crossing highways, Highway 9 and Highway 26. The money is coming from a wealthy businessman, pleased with the city officials and sick of the current eyesore of an interchange. First, the PBHD ripped out the on and off ramps of the existing interchange:

1before.png

Then they destroyed a section of embanked Highway 9 over Highway 26:

2deconstuction.png

And they leveled the terrain:

3leveled.png

And built the elevated section of Highway 9:

4elevatedsectioncomplet.png

After that, they built the loop ramps, making the interchange functional:

5loopscomplete.png

And built the direct ramps, making it convenient. Here is the finished interchange:

6complete.png

The businessman left extra money for them to do what they wanted to, and after some debate, the city has decided on a canal. The route was chosen and construction began:

cconstuction.png

And then the canal was finished:

ccomplete.png

As you can see it may be possible to float a deceased Sim down the canal to the cemetery, instead of using a hearse.

Well that's it for today, but before I go to eat breakfast, here's 2 teaser images, giving you a hint of what will happen next time:

update1teaser1.png

update1teaser2.png

Oh, and If you ever want to know what Mod something is in an update, just ask in the comments and I'll tell you. ps2owner out.