About this City Journal
nouvelle vie | nouvelle horizon | nouvelle armour | nouvelle ville
Entries in this City Journal
A NEW STADIUM HAVE BEEN BUILT IN LIMOGNAC!
A 56,750 seat baseball stadium have been built at Limognac, after the huge pressure to establish a large sporting facility. The new stadium have been officially named as 'Verrestade' (Stade de Verre [Glass Stadium]). Verrestade will host is first baseball national game in 18th August, for France vs Germany, and it is located right within the City Core area. Limognac will establish a bus route to the hills suburb via Verrestade from the City to relieve the pressure of the crowds.
In 2009, Miaire de Limognac have decided to build a new motorway link from the coastal motorway directly to Cifrey and the sud ouest (south west) suburbs. The new motorway will act like an "overpass", over few ground roads. This new motorway link have been officially named as M3, with over 30,000 motorists use it every day already. The motorway is tolled at $0.85 to use the 895 metre overpass, and it will save you at least 25 to 30 minutes off from your travel time through Limognac CBD.
Limognac CBD is known for its traffic congestion with its thin roads, and few wide roads. There are so many problems to the traffic in Limognac because of its type of road, and Limognac City Council is unable to fix the issue without distrupting the surrounds and the traffic. The new motorway overpass is only the option. After the launch, the motorists reported to be very happy with the new overpass. According to the study, the new overpass have reduced the traffic in CBD by 18%.
POLL: Will you pay 85 cents to use this overpass, and save you from nearly 30 minutes of traffic journey. It is being designed to bypass the Central Business District, without entering the CBD. Yes or No?
The bay to the open world, this is a busiest harbour, but strangely quiet during the time when this picture was taken. Limognac is located on the shores to the sea, and Limognac grows around the bays, rivers and its beaches. This is an exact location where the first ship arrived Ile-de-Fyaux to settle Limognac, and the ship almost hit the rock island (centre) but luckily it didn't. National Hertiage of France placed this harbour under the marine protection, and this harbour cannot be improved, or fixed or in any case. This includes the construction of a bridge over the harbour, it is illegal in Ile-de-Fyaux.
Sea Port of Limognac will be relocated to a different location because Limognac and Ile-de-Fyaux wanted to protect this harbour, so the oldest and first sea port will be abandoned but kept under the protection by National Hertiage of France. Once when the new seaport construction has completed at the different location, any kind of marine vessel, or ships cannot enter this harbour, without any permission or a severe consequences will follow.
There are so many different landmarks you could find in the City of Limognac, including the massive 18th Century Maison de la Reine, located in the city centre. Along with Government House, Place de l'Etoile, Palais de Congres and its famous seafront walk. Limognac, definitely have their own identity, and their own "international" culture, and its own architecture and choices of landmarks. As you haven't noticed the bird-eye view of Limognac, there are so many different parks, including the famous park La Colline and Le Triangle, Parc d'Aire and Parc d'Eux.
In the city centre, you'll notice so many old buildings, along with modern highrises. In 1986, before the "skyscrapers development boom", le Miaire de Limognac (the mayor of Limognac) have decided to establish a new law. The law is that the skyscrapers will only build in that section of the city centre, and considering the skyscrapers, the legal height is 185 metres. The buildings are allowed to build outside that section of city centre, but only up to 30 metres (9 to 12 floors approx).
This famous old landmark in the City Centre, which it was built in 1785, but heavily renovated in 1994 to "save the building" from ruins due to old structure. This building, Maison de la Reine, (translation: Queen's House). It was originally the holiday residence for the French Queen, and its guests but after the French Revolution, it was changed to a landmark and is protected by National Hertiage of France. The building now is home to a shops (on the ground floor and first floor) and rest up is museum, while the top floor is the penthouse, worth at $16.4 million.
This, is a typical inner city terrace house, which it is common in every part of inner Limognac. You can own a terrace house for at least $400,000. Most common place for terrace houses is at Rue de l'Eau. There are so many different types, architecture and colours of terrace homes in Limognac for your own preference.
This is, yet, another landmark of Limognac, Place de l'Etoile. The Place is a hotel in Limognac, and it was built in 1899, but was ruined in the World War I after the Capture of Limognac by the British Army. It was re-built, with almost exact same designs and materials in 1924. This hotel was just re-painted and replaced the glasses and windows. It looks brand new and lovely, and it is located at the popular "intersection" of Limognac. It is located exactly opposite to Maison de la Reine (Queen's House).
Limognac have their own unique passion on shops, retail and markets. At least everywhere you could see a shop fitting with a limited space, and a lot of people come in and buy the supplies and groceries. Limognac don't have any large supermarkets, large shopping centres or malls because Limognac just simply don't have a space for it. However there are some considerations made by Miaire de Limognac (Mayor of Limognac) that the suburbs, up to 5 to 10 kilometre away from CBD could have their own shopping centre by few years time to reduce the undersupply issues going on at the suburbs.
Limognac have the massive open-air markets up at Cifrey-Sud, and over 3,000 shoppers pay a visit to the markets every Sunday from 5:30 in the morning to the closing time of 8pm. In the night time, at the market at Cifrey-Sud, the small concerts are being set up and temporary food stalls from all over the world, Italian cusine, French cusine, Spanish cusine, Japanese cusine, Chinese and many more are being put in one place where people can check up what cusine they want for the dinner. It is really, really popular in Limognac, and it is like a permanent "cultural festival", but every Sunday. Over 40% of the residents in Limognac are non-French.
A typical inner city shops, groceries and retail.
Before Vietnam. France took control of Ile-de-Fyaux, and sent 6,830 convicts to the island up to two-hundred-days journey from France to this small island, in the middle of no where. In 1792, Monsieur Jacques-Petrie decided that France needed a bigger image of a "new city" with many fabolous landmarks, beautiful city and better economy through trade. King of Louis XVI ordered Jacques-Petrie to establish a new city at Port de l'Amitie because of its rich fertility, and a wide harbour ~ easy for ships.
Ville de Limognac was officially settled in 5th December, 1793 with nearly 7,000 convicts and 835 free-settlers, along with 920 soliders and 34 noble peoples. Limognac grew rapidly, thanks to the plentful sources of farming and livestocks. The island where Limognac was settled, is Ile-de-Fyaux, it is a barren island with no inhabitants. Limognac grew fast and faster, and leading to establishing a new town nearby - Bayonne. It wasn't until 1804 when Limognac built their first mega building, Palais des le Soleil. The Palais is the largest building in Limognac, and it is a local governor's home and home to Chambre Grand, the large ballroom. Limognac continued to grow at a considerable rate. Limognac built another landmark for the city, Montparasse in 1819 and it is located at the new district - Neuilly sur la Colline. Montparasse is the largest structure in the city, and it is home to an opera house, with 12,600 seats with a large open-spaced theatre stage. Ile-de-Fyaux reached the overall population of 38,000 inhabitants in 1824 with over 60% of them living within Limognac's city core area. Limognac and Paris is now considered as France's new world city and the King of France paid a visit to Limognac in 1830 and was very impressed with the city's beauty and layout. In 1826, the founder of Limognac, M Jacques-Petrie have died due to smallpox. Smallpox is uncurable disease in Ile-de-Fyaux.
The King have decided to establish a frequent ship line from few French cities to Limognac to increase the economy and trade for Ile-de-Fyaux, and before this, trade was a big barrier for Limognac because of such long ship travel from France to the island. Average ship journey time from France to Limognac is 180 to 220 days, and the fastest ship on record is Emperaux, which it departed at Bordeaux and arrived Limognac in 164 days. Limognac continued to grow at considerable rate, despite of lack of a good trade. Limognac have few very good and beautiful parks scattered around the city, including one- Parc de la Croix, which it is extremely popular place to visit and relax. In 1865, a huge French National Congress took place at Limognac and over 4,000 people from Paris came to the Congress. Shortly after the Congress in August 1865, the railroad began to emerge in Ile-de-Fyaux, including one new passenger line from Gare du Centrale de Limognac to Gare du Bayonne-Sud. The average train journey time from Limognac to Bayonne (as recorded in 1870) is one hour fourteen minutes with the passenger carriage able to carry 38 passengers.
In 1880, Limognac built Capitolium (now a City Hall) at Bordeaux Jacques-Petrie, in the city centre area, and during that time, Limognac built the first main road along the coast to Bayonne. The main road is now officially named as Rue de National, and over 40,000 horses ride on this road every month. It wasn't until 1893 when the road callopsed into the sea due to structural error, and the road was quickly rebuilt and improved the embankments. Limognac is now a huge threat to London to bid the 1908 Olympic Games, with a lot of people favoured Limognac to win the Olympic Games bid. In 1913 when Limognac flourished into the best city in the world with the population of only 400,000 inhabitants. Limognac continued to grow at a rapid growth rate with an average of 8,000 new inhabitants every year and 38,000 migrants.
Limognac suffered hardest in the World War I, because the island is located right between United States and France. England and United States allied up against France, and a huge victory due to the Caputure of Limognac by the British army in 1918. France immediately attacked London, Coventry, Southampton and Edinburgh after the Capture of Limognac. French Army took control of London for 426 days, and eventually starvening Londoners with a very limited resources to feed them. The British Army starting to withdraw from the control of Limognac in August 20th in 1919, along with French Army slowly retreating from London back to Paris. The control of Limognac eventually given back to France, and everything was back to normal.
In 1930 when the Great Depression hits, Limognac and Bayonne was the worst hit in France, apart from Paris because Limognac and Bayonne is very isolated, and only will be accessed by a 200-day-ship journey. Limognac unemployment rate skyrocketed to 83% in 1932; however the life qualities was still high. Limognac still continued to grow at a rapid race, even during the Great Depression.
In 1943, when Limognac built their first skyscraper. Batiment de Montparrasse roses up 26 floors, with the old fashioned architecture, and detailed windows with basic art-deco architecture. The tower remains tallest tower in Limognac, and other towers haven't beaten the height. Batiment de Montparasse (Montparasse Building) remains only tower in Limognac that it is over 7 floors until the new Central Plaza Tower was built in 1983, and few more low-rise towers was built afterwards. In 1994 when Limognac reached the population of 863,000 people, but after this, the population slowly declined due to the demolishment of houses to allow the construction of a larger buildings, such as schools, hospitals or widening of the roads. Batiment de Montparasse is still the tallest tower in Limognac, today, 2018, and Ile-de-Fyaux overall population is 914,000. Limognac's skyline looks very quiet and cute with few towers and a lot of low-rise buildings surrounds.
Limognac today, with few skyscrapers along the bay. The tallest tower (Batiment de Montparasse) is located at far right.