Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Central Region of Malaysia

Entries in this City Journal

snoiprocs16

It's been a long time I didn't post a new journal. Nothing much actually, I just played with the larger Cul de sac mod and made a wealth undense residential out of it. Although I don't really understand what does it mean (is it french?), I found that Cul de sac is really interesting. If you are planning to make a wealth sub urbs, I think this is a very good tool. credit to marsh for this mod. :thumb:

Cul%2Bde%2Bsac%2B5.jpg

Cul%2Bde%2Bsac%2B4.jpg

Cul%2Bde%2Bsac%2B3.jpg

Cul%2Bde%2Bsac%2B2.jpg

Cul%2Bde%2Bsac%2B1.jpg

Cul%2Bde%2Bsac%2B8.jpg

Here are other part of the city that doesn't really have cul de sac. I mean, I don't think it is logic if all part of the city use cul de sac, don't you?

Cul%2Bde%2Bsac%2B6.jpg

I think zoning is also an art. I realize that I don't have to zone everything very near or next to another. this will make your city looks calm some how. :idea:

Cul%2Bde%2Bsac%2B7.jpg

Normal sub urbs, i have to have this lol. It is a traditional zoning method, I can't escape my traditional ways of playing :]

snoiprocs16

9 July, 2011 will be remembered along side "Black 14" (14 November, 1998). A huge wave of rally was being held in KL city to promote justice and transparency in General Election that says to be held before this November. This rally is called Bersih

BersihRally_bytheSun.jpg

Anwar-bersih-air-mani.jpg

279913_10150310305867189_345034017188_9388617_5582896_o.jpg

264182_10150310274867189_345034017188_9388251_2259693_n.jpg

Interestingly, this Bersih rally also happens in my KL city in simcity!

Bersih%2B1.jpg

Bersih%2B3.jpg

Bersih%2B2.jpg

Bersih%2B4.jpg

Bersih%2B5.jpg

Wow, Bersih rally is everywhere.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Guess what, I only did a simple yet traditional way to make them go strikes lol.

Cause.jpg

You just have to decrease the Hospitals or schools budget lol . . . :D

snoiprocs16

Ulu Klang means the Upstream of Klang river. Coincidently, we always use short form for places like NY for New York. For Ulu Kelang, guest what? we call it UK :D It is situated to the east of KL together with more dense of Ampang district. Along the city lies the controversial MRR2 (Middle Ring Road 2), a very popular with political's controversy highways.

CCTV_C050_2.JPG

Fly%2BOver.jpg

MRR2 with Elevated Highways from Avenue Over Pass, we call 'Over Pass' as 'Fly Over', funny huh?

hydropower-plant-usbr-hoover.jpg

UK%2BWatergate.jpg

Featured are UK Dam or Empangan UK. It is one of a very important water reservoir and hydroelectric dam that supplies largely to the state of Selangor and KL.

5887225687_0ccaeb63f9_b.jpg

Park.jpg

Park1.jpg

Featured are Park and trails in the residential area just nearby the lake/water reservoir.

snoiprocs16

The city of Kuala Lumpur was originally a district of the state of Selangor, but later after Independence, because KL city was the most developed in the country, it was chosen by the Federal Government to become the "Federal Territories", this works like District of Columbia in Washington D.C, USA where the district is actually own by the Federal Government.

The word Kuala Lumpur literally means the Delta of mud, or muddy delta. Historically, Kuala Lumpur was developed because of several tin mines around KL. The price of Tin is expensive and was exported to U.S during civil war and to the rest of Europe during WW1 and WW2. the scene of muddy environment is actually comes from the mining activities around KL. The last Tin mine in KL was in 1970's and there are no longer tin mining activities since then. Now, other economic activities such as commercial areas, offices, banks, services, shopping complex etc had become the main sector of economy in KL.

petronas11.jpg

KLCC.jpg

Featured are Petronas Twin Tower on Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC) and surrounded by commercial buildings and offices. The price of land around this building is . . . astronomical!

klMAIN_std.jpg

LRT.jpg

LRT2.jpg

Featured are ELR but known in Malaysia as LRT (Light Railway Transit). The ground railway in the picture is known as KTM Komuter. Another type of transportation is KL Monorail. These three intercity railways had reduce the traffic jams in KL, but so far the traffic jam is still there.

Tun%2BRazak%2Btunnel.jpg

Tun%2BRazak%2Btunnel%2B2.jpg

Featured are sunken highways into tunnels at Jalan Tun Razak (Tun Razak Road). It seems as an alternative for the fly over pass.

snoiprocs16

Sentul is located in the North area of Kuala Lumpur, it is closer to the heart of the main KL city but much of it are residential area.

3.jpg

Those are apartments, Offices and mosque behind it.

1b.jpg

In hearts of KL, Highways are everywhere. :thumb:

1a.jpg

*** but this highways depends on tolls plaza to covers the costs. :boggle:

3014991116_d0e0426851.jpg

4.jpg

The essence of European architecture is still available in this ex-European colonial country. Malaysia was colonized by Portuguese, Netherlands and British empire and finally Japanese took over in WW2, all of these took over 400 years of colonization period. as ex-British colonial rule, Malaysia is known as the Commonwealth Country by the British. SO, IT DOES NOT LOOK SO STRANGE IF KUALA LUMPUR HAS SOME OLD ENGLISH ARCHITECTURES in it's buildings. Featured pictures are Royal Selangor Club in front of Dataran Merdeka, a historical buildings ages around 125 years old. :read:

terowong%2Bkarak.JPG

7a.jpg

Much of Malaysian terrain are not flat, hills and mountains made these highways required tunnels.

snoiprocs16

This small region is located in Malaysia, a country situated in South East Asia main region, neighbouring with Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and Brunei. In the old times, it is also known by the traveller as East Indies that contrast to the West Indies in America.

map_southeast_asia.jpg

Malaysia is in the Green colour , just north to Indonesia and Singapore.

Klang Valley is also known as Central region of Malaysia, mainly consist of Selangor, Negeri Sembilan, Kuala Lumpur, Putra Jaya and Cyberjaya. The Capital city of Malaysia which is Kuala Lumpur is located in the Klang Valley together with other big cities such as Petaling Jaya (PJ), Shah Alam, Putrajaya and Cyberjaya (Malaysia Silicon Valley city).

Klang%2BValley.jpg

the cities in Klang Valley are very busy in the urban area while really contrast in rural area with peaceful countryside.

4.jpg

*Featured are a scene in front of Kelab Diraja Selangor (Royale Selangor Club) located in front of historical Sultan Abdul Samad Building. It is also known as Dataran Merdeka.

jam-1.JPG

*Traffic Jam

klMAIN_std.jpg

*The cites completed with ELR but known as LRT (Light Railway Transit) and from the picture, people might thought this was in Tokyo, Japan.

freekl.34611018_std.jpg

*Featured are two main towers (or three?) the Twin Tower on the right is Petronas Twin Tower located in the KLCC, Kuala Lumpur. It holds THE TALLEST BUILDING IN THE WORLD for 8 years between 1997 to 2004 before the throne changed to Taiwan 101 Tower in Taiwan (Chinese Taipei) and now it is the time of Burj Al-Khalifa in Dubai (every bodies know that). But Petronas Twin Tower is still the Tallest Twin Building in the world (Yes, even if WTC in New York's still standing until today!).

On the middle side, stand tall and single is the "Menara Kuala Lumpur" - translated as "Kuala Lumpur Tower" (Malaysian Language grammar are always go backwards if it is translated to English lol). It look like as the same level with Petronas Twin Tower but it is actually built on a hill called Bukit Nenas (again it means Nenas Hill). So it is actually not as the same heights with Petronas Twin Tower.

galeri9.jpg

*The rural area of Malaysia is a really peaceful place where many people escape to the rural area during holidays. Nowadays, there are lots of Holiday package called Homestays where people all around the world especially from Europe, US, and Australia have a chance to live the Kampung style (Malay countryside style).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0