Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A total guide, to this curious nation.

Entries in this City Journal

armpit43

I did post this yesterday, but when I hit publish SImtroplis went into maintainance mode... :noway: Anyway this is my first shot at building an airport, ok my 4th shot. Im not an airport builder. Nor am I a terribly advanced Sim City expert so my images may look minimal! Anyway I got fed up of the boring East End of my city, and thought a new floating runway will inject some life to it! Thought I'd give a go on the proposed floating runway on the river Thames in London.

Construction on Habrance's second airport started today-Habrance City Airport, after years of planning. Earthworks and land were removed in preperation for construction of the floating runway that will lie in the middle of the river Brance.

blogentry-277934-0-65318200-1312393920_tNew Terminal under construction. The Airport Commission of Missanda pledges not to build a secret base under it! Instead it will be under the Hawley Street shopping centre. :thumb:

The airport will relieve up to 60 flights a year from Habrance's exsisting airport at Klerkenwell Heath, which is currently at maximum capacity. Habrance City Airport will be the hub of a new high-frequency service to London City Airport. Operated jointly by British Airways and Missandan Air.

blogentry-277934-0-18894700-1312393833_t-The new "floating" runway will add an impressive sight to potential investors in Missanda!

The new terminal, designed by American architect Burns Fishergate is expected to be able to accomodate up to a million passengers a year. The terminal buildings are expected to be open by 2015.

The airport will also be linked to Central Habrance by a new express service to Habrance Buchannan Street station, with an expected journey time of 15 mins, on ultra modern electric multiple units. The units are expected to be made my Canadian builder Bombarider in Derby, United Kingdom.

More pictures will be posted through construction! Construction on the airport has ground to a halt, as im currently working on my Cross City rail project. Which has slow progress as the game seems to crash evreytime I drag a NAM puzzle piece across the screen! :angry::ohyes:

armpit43

After months of disscussion, Missandan Rail has begun construction on the Multi-million Mera consturction of the Cross Habrance City Rail Projcet after monnts of disscussion.

blogentry-277934-0-43111200-1311600099_t

A group of newly orderd class 379 EMUs stabled in Forrest Gate depot in Lottingham, awating deployment to Habrance.

The project will allow trains from Honmesmouth, Sonesdown and Marchbourne to travel directly to Benningtree, Harvden, Westerhampton and Chesterminster. Construction works at Habrance Warren station has already begun for new tunnelling and the Crown Hill tunnel running under Habrance is being electrified to 25kv AC overhead supply.

blogentry-277934-0-36801000-1311602015_t-The new hub station beingb built at Habrance Warren.

a 280million Mera order of new "Electrostar" trains from leading Canadian firm Bombardier has been signed to deliver 75 new vheicles for the new "Capital Connect" franchise.

More news and pictures will be deliverd throughout construction.

armpit43

>.< Habrance Cross City Rail Link

The Concept

blogentry-277934-0-08315200-1311534756_t

Class 495 High Speed EMU at the newly consturcted High Speed platforms in Honesmouth working a serivce to Habrance.

Problems with rail traffic around the capital of Habrance, as well as overcrowding on Underground lines changing between Habrance's mainline termani and on the newly completed high speed rail link to Honesmouth, as lead to Network Capital Connect (The brand for commuter serivces around the Habrance reigon) and Missandan Rail to build a network of lines under Habrance to North to South and East to West direct journies.

blogentry-277934-0-33556500-1311534947_t

A look at all the Mainlines radiating out of Habrance, boxes and lines emphises routes and termini.

The Problem

blogentry-277934-0-88525900-1311534975_t

Traffic Promblems are a nightmare on the approach to Habrance Charing Bridge station, and look how many people uses the high speed line from Honesmouth!

My railways in my capital city Habrance, are built in a way that the Sim City game wasn't designed for. Instead of railways traversing the city's entireity, all railways end in a terminus station identical to that in London and Paris as the picture shows:

Therefore, on all mainlines large amounts of overcrowding on tracks into Habrance's seven mainline termini and on Underground routes linking termini together. Therefore, a new cross river link with a station directly in Central Habrance has been proposed. However, the debate is wheather the link should be an exstention of the high speed line from the South and construct a network of high speed commutor serives from north to south of the river, or an exstention of the current trans-city lines, which are both not used.

Benifiets and limitations

blogentry-277934-0-78012300-1311535122_t

A view of Bishops Hill Jucntion where the cut and cover tunnel linking Great Missanda's southern reigon railways to the north. The tunnel is currently not used. A triangualr jucntion has been proposed here to allow access from the south the the West and the North West.

High Speed-Sims can get to city centre quicker could add more of a nation wide basis and could extend to other nearby cites offering reigonal communting. Con-more expensive and difficult.

Noramal rail- Tunnel already exsisting linking northern and southern termini, can take traffic away from intensive short distance serivces, cheap. Con-won't provide reigon wide benifiets only city wide.

A referendum is scheduled to take place in the Habrance Fornetiu on July the 27th. All comments and ideas welcome, please dont hesitate to ask for more information, and thanks for reading!

armpit43

Good Evening people of the world, in this post, please tell me what you enjoyed about my CJ, what you didnt enjoy and any tips you can give for my cities. Also, I'd love to hear your questions about Great Missanda!

Plus, if you like my EMMA Array, I may release a pack of "essentials" to make your own EMMA Array! Based on positive feedback.

From the Royal Office of Foreign Affairs, Habrance.

armpit43

The Royal Kingdom of Great Missanda and Her Colonies

Good mornin-no afternoon now people of Simtroplis. Thank you for looking at my CJ, here I'll be explaining to you the fictional country of Great Missanda.

blogentry-277934-0-63786100-1308907104_tThe view of the reigon, as you see it is shaped like a tank!

Overview

Great Missanda is a island nation situated in north-western Europe. Great Missanda is situated approximatley 70 miles south west of England and 90 miles north west of Brest, France. The country is the twelth largest isalnd in the world, and the third largest in Europe. Great Missanda is also made up of around eleven outlying islands, and its colonies which is still has a large control over. The country's capital is Habrance, one of Europe and the world's most important economic centres.

Politics

blogentry-277934-0-32204400-1308836024_t-The Fortineau, where the Goverment of Great Missanda sits.

Great Missanda in the past has been the foucus of attention of both the European Union and the American goverments, most notably for the fact that Great Missanda is a "friendly" dictatorship. Unlike America where the leader is elected, Great Missanda's leader is automaticaly the first born of the Royal Family. With no Prime Minister or Presidentcy, Great Missanda is governed totally from Queen Nailia. The next in line being Princess Giana, thought to be one of the most beautiful women in the world.

blogentry-277934-0-17431200-1308912470_t - Princess Giana, doing something..somewhere....

The presence of a dictatorship meant that Great Missanda is on "very" unfriendly terms with the US. Which stretches from Ronald Raegan's "Evil Empire" speech towards the Soviet Union in the early 1980s. Stating that "Although we have our close friends in Europe, some of them follow the ways of the enemy. And they [Great Missanda] cannot be trusted." Since then, Great Missanda and the US have been on un-friendly terms. Although in June 2010, Obama payed a visit to the country and speant a week touring it. After returning from Great Missanda Obama appeared on American state television stating, "I do love their country [Great Missanda] and what a charming lady in waiting they have!" Referencing to Princess Giana.

However, the country has had numerous dissagreements with the Europpean Union, despite joining in 1978, the country has repatedly failed to obide my many EU regulations.

Demographics

The country is inhabited by 8 million people. With Habrance holding around 3 million.

Habrance-3 million

Honesmouth- 1.5 million

Herwinch- 900,000

Lottingham- 750,000

Newmarket- 740,000

Swanbourne- 600,000

Chesterminster-110,000

Edingstow- 90,000

Great Missandan people are often caucasian north-western European ethnicity, however, thanks to the large migration of Blacks from the Missandan colonies in Africa, there are a large proportion of mixed race white and black people.

blogentry-277934-0-51913700-1308908500_t-Honesmouth-Missanda's second city. Its great!

Transport

blogentry-277934-0-95755200-1308836130_t-A typical medium distance train approaching Sonesdown station having originated from Habrance Waterloo. These trains are built by Bombardier in Derby, UK.

Air

Great Missanda has two main airports- Habrance Klerkenwell Heath and the newly opened North Missanda Reigonal Airport. Which serves the populus areas such as Herwinch, Newmarket, Benningtree and Manfield.

Great Missanda's national airline-Missandan, flys from all airports.

Road

Road trainsport in Great Missnada is not as big as in other countries, mainly due to Missanda's built up rail network. The main motorways are the M1 from Habrance to Herwinch and the M2 from Habrance to the North West.

Rail

blogentry-277934-0-50530200-1308908320_t- A newly built class 222 DEMU standing at Habrance Warren station prior to departure to Edingstow Central, 110 miles away.

Great Missanda's rail network is the backbone to the country, with railways covering all parts of the counrtry. The railways are operated by the Goverment owned company Missandan Rail, which trades on the Habrance stock exchange. Priviisation of Missanda's Railways began to occur in the early 90s when a lack of goverment investment meant the nation's railway system was falling apart. The move was took to privitise the entire Missanda Rail consortium, as the belief were that if the company had to fight for money the system will be better cared for. Privitisation, unlike on Britain's rails has been proved a success, and now many new High Speed Lines are being planned for the country.

Culture

The offical language of Great Missanda is actually Mirrian; a mix between latin and french. Although english is now widley spoken. The wide proportion of the country are Christian Protestant, although in recent time a large number of muslim migrants from the Middle East have flocked to the country,

A popular pastime of the cities of Lottingham, Habrance and Herwinch is the Salstice Day Carnivals. The carnival normally takes place on the summer salstice and commerorates the many Afro-Carribean migrants from the days of slavery to present.

blogentry-277934-0-10875600-1308911435_t- Here we see an image from the Herwinch carnival only a few days ago on the summer salstice. The carnival is a major attraction bringing in thousands of tourists evrey year!

Thanks for reading my journal, don't forget to comment and leave feedback on the next page!

armpit43

The EMMA Array

Ok, I know that I should start by talking about the country, but I really want to show you guys this.

The Electro-Magnetic Mass Assault Array, or (EMMA Array) for short are 5 large, directed electro-magnetic pulse weapons used by the Great Missandan Royal Defense Command (GMRDC) as a use of first line defense primarily in nulcear war by firing a 500 tesla electro-magnetic pulse into the Eath's lower atmosphere capeable of destroying any inbound nuclear ICBMS. But also can be used for other uses.

blogentry-277934-0-31991700-1308148319_t-a typical EMMA Installation-Instatlion 01

History

Concepts of an Electro-magnetic pulse weapon were proposed in Great Missanda as early on as WWII as a use of defense against the German Luftwafte. However, coupled with the end of the war and the concept being to far ahead of its time, the idea was abbandoned. However, it wasn't until the Cold War when the concept re-appeared in ernest. Great Missanda had been pretty lax about Cold War hostilities unti the Cuban Missile Crisis when the country began stockpilling its nuclear weapon aresnal. However even though the country had a matter of attack, the problem arose that the was no measns of defense.

Concepts of different types of weaponary were disscussed and reviewed until the 1980s, when the project was deemed to expensive after decades of nuclear weapon stockpiling. However, it wasn't until the end of the Cold War when the secret goverment document-"Life after 1991" was published. The document contained scinarieos of America becoming extremley powerful and attacking Great Missanda and the Soviet Union re-forming before 2000. As well as making a nuclear war "winnable". It was then decided that the EMMA Array should be built

Construction of the Array started in Febuary 1999, a year after the Hemley Edge Nuclear Crisis. With Installation 01 opening on January the 18th 2002, followed two moths later by Installation 03. Installations 02,04 and 05 opened on 6th of June 2003 respectively. The ill-fated installation 06 opened on the 11th of November 2004, 3 years after installation 01[

.blogentry-277934-0-99348900-1308148176_t-Installation 00 Hadley Heath. Here the Array can be activated or shut down. Note the dishes pointing to the east and west. The dishes on the right hand side point to Installations 01,02 and 03. While the Installations on the left activate Installations 04 and 05.

The Installations

Installation 00-The control centre for the Array, located at Hadley Heath-Chesterminster.

Installation 01- Located at Hallow's End, Isle of Chelsey

Installation 02- located at Hangham Common, Brimsgate- South Eastern Missanda

Installation 03- Located at Chatham Sands, Monningtree-South-eastern Missanda

Installation 04- Garenn's Plain near Trezance

Installation 05- Langleigh Hill- Uxminster, south of Edingstow

Installation 06- UNKOWN

Usage and Opeartion

The EMMA Array has 3 main useages:

Stage 1. Destruction of inbound enemy nuclear warheads.

Stage 2. Destruction of inbound aircraft attack

Stage 3: The destruction of stattelite communication newtowrks.

Stage 4. A weapon of last resort- if Stage 3 is initated, evrey Installation fill remove all the failsafe mechanisims used to ensure a directed burst. Instead, stage 4 will fill the pulse outwards to destroy the entire country, the intenstiy of all 5 pulses at once is expected to cuase death to 45% of the population. Stage 4 will only be activated if Great Missnada has been invaded and fallen.

Each Installation is tested twice a year, by firing a pulse into the atmosphere. Sites are tested in numerical order.

Should a nuclear air attack be carried out, (lets use the Soviet Union as an example) warheads will be detected at Great Missanda's raydar facility at Hemley Edge. Then using the MOIRA atumated defense mechanism, message will be passed to Habrance to authorise by the Queen firing of nulear weapons back at the enemy from the ICMB batteries at Warwick Bank, and the firing of the EMMA Array, if in times of severe nulcear tension, MOIRA 1 will be activated which will autmotaically carry out nessacary authorisations. A message will then be passed to Installation 00 which will the fire the dishes. Should the firing be successfull, all threats will be destroyed.

Controvery

Due to teh fact that if the purpose of the EMMA Array was found out, enemies could easily sheild their nulcear weapons to become EMP proof. Because of this, the usage of the Array has been kept secret to the public since 1999. Resulting in many conspiracy theories. Joseph Macyintre of the Missandan Post newspaper wrote in 2009-

"I have no idea why there is a large sattelite dish owned by the millitary standing by the end of the road, I have no idea why its guarded with milliatry serivcemen armed to the teeth, and I have no idea why twice a year since that thing has been there the city experiences a major power cut. But what I do know is our "trusted" goverment are treating us like we have no brain in our heads."

Joseph Macynitre recently died.

blogentry-277934-0-47930800-1308149181_t-Installation 03, note the close proximity to the Great North Western Mainline. Which has cause problems in the past.

Accidents

On the 18th of January 2002, Installation 03's firing sequence missfired. Causing a sudden firing of an EMP which was reported to cause problems as far as Penzance, Cornwall-England.

14th of December 2003, Installations 01 and 02's failsafes unlock, causing a missfire resulting in damage to Northern France, Missanda and the Channel Isalands.

15th of December 2003- "The Incident" occurs, destroying Installation 06 and destroing the surrounding area.

Thanks for reading, stay tuned for mosts.

armpit43

Intro

blogentry-277934-0-50629900-1308149453_t-Great Missandan Flag

Good afternoon,

Welcome to the complete guide to my nation Great Missanda. Situated like all my regions seem to be; south west of Britan and north of Spain. London and Paris both being a one hour flight away. Great Missanda is a world of oppertuniies, enjoy the nightlife in the capital of Habrance, become an upmarket yuppy in Homesmouth, or become a trainspotter in the dull, lifeless north western city of Lottingham. To keep the formality, I'll will try to write the journal in Wiki form.

Please leave comments and stay tuned!

For now I'll just leave you a pic of the capital-Habrace.

blogentry-277934-0-35391200-1308149871_t

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0