• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

fictional multicultural scenery

Entries in this City Journal

hijodecordoba

REPLIES:

@escilnavia: Thank you very much. i used the extra cheat to get it how i wanted it. i'm glad you like the result.

@Mikeaut1: Thank you ver much. i have always been a fan of antigrid (but sometimes it looks better:) )

@avrelivs: thanks for all your advices, I'll try them out when I have time get back to SC4. as for the shadow... i would be amazing to play with shadow, but that would shut down my computer :) it's has more than 6 years and less than 1GB RAM :) oh, if you are still interested, the canal is from SC4devotion. search for MAS71 canals

--------------------------------------

hello everybody

I just want to let you know, that this cj is NOT dead. it's more like on hiatus. I have a lot of stuff to do and really feel sorry, that i can't play.

i hope you stay with me nontheless and i'll see you on the next update. I really hope i can make something like a anniversary update in August.

have fun and enjoy all the other great cj's

saludos

hijodecordoba

REPLIES:

@panthersimcity4: Thank you, i like plazas really much. but sometimes i wish i would have more pieces :)

@afanado: gracias! i'm glad you like it

hello simtopolians

today i have a few new pictures of Santo Camarone to present. they show the southern part of the city, away from the downtown.

i hope you enjoy and comment :)

we start at a rainy day

santocamarone37.jpg

but soon the sun dries everything and shines on

santocamarone371.jpg

santocamarone372.jpg

santocamarone373.jpg

saludos

hijodecordoba

REPLIES:

none

hello everybody, I'm back from my short break to show you the first real update of the new city in the west of the Valiosa region. It's called Santo Camarone and right at the moment the amount of people reaches round about 120000 inhabitantes.

the marina is the most exclusive in the whole region (maybe because it's the only one :))

I change the appearance of the water a bit. I think it didn't look genuine.

thanks for watching. if you wouldn't leave without a comment or advice it would be nice

here we go:

santocamarone363.jpg

santocamarone369.jpg

santocamarone368.jpg

santocamarone364.jpg

santocamarone365.jpg

I wish you a fine rest of the week

saludos

hijodecordoba

REPLIES:

@9988: thank you! first time i tried water.

@TekindusT: jaja si. the Peg water is much better than the normal but it still doesn't look that real in lower sea levels. but I know that there is plenty of room for photoshop increases :) gracias por tu comentario!

@spursrule14: thank you very much

@escilnavia: thanks, unfortunately you'll have to wait a bit longer for a real update :(

it has been a busy week so i can only provide another 3 teaser shots of the new city i actually want to play but couldn't because of RL. the teasers show some layout and first buildings only... sorry. i'll provide more next week.

I hope you with me and leave some suggestions and comments.

sc351.jpg

sc352.jpg

sc353.jpg

have a good one

saludos

hijodecordoba

REPLIES

@evillions: thanks a lot teacher :) i still didn't find the best solution of the saturation thingy. when I lower it to much it's almost like a b/w image. but i will see that i do something.

@escilnavia: thank you. me too think that the transition is good for the small space i left :)

@avrelivs: thank you too. the road planning is what I try to do first. (meaning the mainroads)

-------------------------------

I can't provide a full update this weekend, but I hope you come back and comment nonetheless.

I show a Teaser of the next city I'm about to showcase in the cj. it's not much though

santocamaroneteaser.jpg

have a great weekend everyone

saludos

hijodecordoba

REPLIES:

@Towerdude: thanks a lot, yep, i do like too many BATs, so I can't choose a style :) Good to know that it still looks good.

@Roberto Robato: gracias amigo. it was a spontaneous decison to build it.

@JGellock: thanks for your comment. that's in my mind when i build the city. when one can see it, it's even better :)

@escilnavia: thanks. due to my antigrid tries, sometimes it looks confusing, yes. soon i'll show another city with a bit more grid.

@Samerton: thank you very much for your enthusiasm :) and rating

@JeeKTan: thank you.

hi there simtropolians :)

I come across with a new update. it's nothing special, only 2 mosaics and a region view. thank you for watching and commenting.

mosaicocdi2341.jpg

mosaicocdi2342.jpg

mosaicocdi2343.jpg

mosaicocdi2344.jpg

mosaicocdi34345.jpg

mosaicocdi34346.jpg

mosaicocdi34347.jpg

mosaicocdi34348.jpg

346regionactual.jpg

I would be pleased to get your comments and advices like the last time:)

saludos

hijodecordoba

REPLIES:

@NMUSpidey: thank you very much! my first 5, yeaah :party:

@TekindusT: muchas gracias amigo. to hear that from you means lot to me. I hope I can keep up. oh, i have a special for you today :)

@superbuilder89: another 5/5... wow you make me proud, thanks

@afanado: che amigo, gracias!

------------------------------------------

welcome back everybody to the new update of Valiosa.

as indicated the last time I have gone back to built Ciudad de Irigoyen. i didn't built a lot but i want to show you anyway. i hope to finish the city soon, so i can take you to nw goals :)

I have prepared some general impressions of the city and tried out the tutorial of TekindusT (gracias por compartir).

comments and critics are appreciated :)

I start with a suburban area to have a better transfer from the former updates :)

cdi341.jpg

cdi343.jpg

if you like this... credit goes to TekindusT

cdi343a.jpg if you like this...

cdi344.jpg

when the night has come and the land is dark...

cdi345.jpg

saludos and as always on friday i wish you a great weekend

hijodecordoba

REPLIES:

@escilnavia: thanks for your post. normally i don't use the powerlines and for the little occasions there is no need to change them. but your right, there are way better powerlins then that :)

@JGellock: thank you very much. actually where I live there are even more powerlines throughout the fields and landscape, but you see i tried orientate on RL. :) (did you "find" the airport yet?)

----------------------------------------

today I want to close on the little trip to the neighbourhood of CDI and Valiosa with this last pictures.

the village is still part of the suburban zone of CDI.

municipiocuatro331.jpg

municipiocuatro332.jpg

municipiocuatro333.jpg

and to give an idea of the next update I'll leave you a teaser :) soon I will start show a new city

teasercdifinal.jpg

comments and critics are very welcome :)

have a great weekend everyone

saludos

hijodecordoba

REPLIES:

@Coppertown2: muchas gracias amigo, I like all the nature stuff and i'm learning right now how to us it. me encantan las cosas de naturaleza y estoy aprendiendo como usarlas.

@00mercado00: thanks for your comment. hope i like the new as well

@Mikeaut1: glad to see you back here. thanks

@Jamonbread: thanks for your statement. it's good to hear that :)

@JGellock: thank you. your right, recently I have posted the similar thing in another cj, but sometimes i like to have more than just the picture :) the tram is a good idea. I will try that when I have more time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

hi guys

I got SPAM lately and played around with it on the transition tale between Valiosa and Ciudad de Irigoyen.

this stuff is really amazing! I hope you like it as much as i do.

so here it is - the suburb is just called Municipio Cuatro (of Valiosa).

municipiocuatro11.jpg

municipiocuatropistadeb.jpg

municipiocuatro12.jpg

municipiocuatroaviondeb.jpg

here is small mosaic. its he first in this cj.

mosaicoparte1.jpg

mosaicoparte2.jpg

hijodecordoba

Hi guys

no replies to do.

well, todays update is about the citylimits. it's suppossed to be a gentle transition, but have your own look :)

here is the mayor part from above on a cloudy day

cdi311.jpg

this is still more townish :)

cdi31.jpg

but here starts the idyll ;)

cdi312.jpg

cdi313.jpg

cdi314.jpg

hope you like it and leave a comment. if you don't like it, leave a comment too ;)

saludos

hijodecordoba

Update 7 - Maps

banneririgoyennuevo.jpg

Replies:

-ICE-{man}: yep I use photoshop, the original colours are bit to bright for me, but I will definitely check the saturation. thanks for the comment

Mikeaut1: thanks a lot. roundabouts are are great solution, aren't they :)

turdferguson:i'm not sure which walls you mean, but i guess you mean the ones by jeronij - here

if you mean the other walls, you can find them here

short update of the region and a little traffic map.

i'm still working on the region, because it was a bit flat and boring :D

here it is:

regionvaliosa.jpg

regionvaliosatraffic.jpg

hijodecordoba

banneririgoyen.jpg

the city of Irigoyen spreads out more and more and so the southern part of the town grew even more then the northern part.

the population increased to 75000 inhabitants and the number of commuters to Valiosa or Barlovento rises the same.

cdi29.jpg

cdi2901.jpg

cdi2902.jpg

I fooled around with photoshop one the last pic.

cdi2903.jpg

please feel free to leave comments and advices

saludos

hijodecordoba

banneririgoyen.jpg

hello everybody

I suspended all the important things to do (shame on me) :noway: and decided to prepare an update instead.

I change the part of town and lurking now to the southern part of the city on the other side of the highway. there are even more monuments and pionts of interest to see. so Ciudad de Irigoyen provides a lot of culture.

in the first pic i named the PoI, so you have a overview.

newsec501.jpg

this is just to show you how the development started on that side

newsec502.jpg

rest is some closer views on the city scenes.

newsec505.jpg

newsec504.jpg

newsec500.jpg

newsec506.jpg

hope you like it.

saludos

hijodecordoba

banneririgoyen.jpg

UPDATE 4 - Parque central Irigoyen aka Palace Park

Hi there... today I've little something for you.

It's the # 2 point of interest in the suburban/satelite town of Ciudad de Irigoyen. I'm talking about the biggest and most beautiful park in the town. In it's center is a representative building that is highly protected. nobody knows exactly what happens behind that doors, but it is often used to attend VIPs.

a few times in the year there are guided tours. the park is open to everyone.

... and have changed my mind. I'll reply to the comments in the update where they were made to.

now I wish you a relaxing day :)

cdipalacio02.jpg

cdipalacio03.jpg

cdipalacio05noche.jpg

2802.jpg

2801m.jpg

thanks for watching and please feel free to leave comments and advises.

saludos

hijodecordoba

banneririgoyen.jpg

REPLIES:

benedict: yep, you did :) unfortunetally i'm not in charge to give you a trixie, but i'll give you piont as substitution. how does that sound :)

Hello everybody.

This time i’ll deal with the western part of CDI. The marked section shows were we are

cdiintroduccion.jpg

It's a dense area full of midrise buildings

cdi261a.jpg

There is another park too :) but you’ll see that one on the next update

cdi262a.jpg

This is were the power comes from and were the garbage goes to. The road leads out of the city and is highly frequented by freight trucks

cdi263a.jpg

The last picture shows a sad day in the city

cdi264a.jpg

I change the appearance of the picture a bit in reference to my forum cj (=reloaded). please tell me what you think

saludos

hijodecordoba

banneririgoyen.jpg

REPLIES:

benedict: thanks my friend. you know what? you made the first comment in my first CJ - AGAIN! :D is there a trixie for that? well you would deserve it :)

crazyArch: hola varon, muchas gracias, donde se puede ver el trabajo tuyo?

UPDATE 2 – CDI northeast close-ups

Not much to tell today. There is visual experinces only:)

Parque Gardel in front of the library

cdi2501.jpg

In the west of the park

cdi2502.jpg

East from the park

cdi2503.jpg

cdi2504.jpg

Far away from the park :P

cdi2505.jpg

we ascending to the state when I will show really new pictures :)

have fun

saludos

hijodecordoba

banneririgoyen.jpg

Today I’ll startof the town of Ciudad de Irigoyen (CDI). It’s the growing neighbourhood of the costal metropolis Barlovento (which actually still not exists :) ). The city is rich in monuments and parks, so a lot of tourists from Barlovento come to visit CDI.

The building height is very variable and reaches very high levels as well as very low ones.

At the moment 54000 people are living in CDI but I will start with the first steps I made with the town.

It started kind of in the middle of nowhere. There is no other town right aside. Puerto Concordia and Valiosa lay in the distance of one or two tiles.

granvanewsecregionview.jpg

The first street layout and building area was between the highway and the railtracks to Barlovento

ciudaddeirigoyenmunicip.jpg

even a glr was connected

A short while later the city started to grow...

... and looked lie this.

It was the time, when there was built the library which should become the first “point of interest”.

Next time I’m going to show some more close-ups of the quarter.

saludos/greetings

hijodecordoba

first things first: sorry about all the text :)

Hello simtropolis community and welcome to my first… well… first and a half CJ, named Valiosa.

In August 2010 I already started this CJ in the forum section but now, since ST 7 the new sections seems to be the more popular place for CJ’s and so I want to transfer my CJ to the new section, meaning that I’m not going to post everything from the beginning in August 2010 again, but that I continue to post pictures from a certain point. I don’t can retrieve all the older updates, sorry. But I will start with a new city in my region Gran Via Valiosa, , that consists of various tiles, so that you want be entering the scene in the absolute middle of something :)

I’m going to change the name of the CJ slightly to “Valiosa” (the Capital of the region)

To give you a short impression of my CJ I composed a few pictures here (lower quality due to file size issues) --> EDIT: it was a gif, that should change between a few pictures but it seems that it didn't work, so I'll post new pictures in a few minutes. sorry

here we go:

newsectionintro1.jpg

newsectionintro.jpg

or you can click on the link to Gran Via Valiosa in the forum.

http://www.simtropol...post__p__982650

I hope you enjoy

Comments and constructive critics are always welcome.

Saludos

ps: could it be that nobody saw anything of this??? what does draft mean? didn't i realse this update until now? i gotta learn a lot about the new section :)

Sign in to follow this