• Moose

Random & Random.

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

When I'm bored and feel random, this is where I post. That and my old CJ "World after War"

Entries in this City Journal

Huston

Anedau | The Last City

7h4T8.png

tariely

Thank the post-apocalyptic world for that scene idea :) Hopefully this update'll quench your curiosity!

michael95l

Ain't it just awesome? :P

So here's the full update! Got lazy, so no usual mosaics this time :P

a17eb9f1db.jpg

Anedau. A mesmerizing city, full of hope, dreams and the progression of humanity.

861af68fa5.jpg

Despite the cataclysmic demise of global civlization, pockets of human existence remain on the planet. But the uncertainty of their fates reserve their existences to mere legends and myths, from a world long gone. This city may be all that remains of the glory of human intellect and technological achievement.

70a3dd04de.jpg

Reminders everywhere of what the world and civilization had been reduced to.

dfe9b332eb.jpg

Some might even say that Anedau's golden-age may all be but a facade in a looming disaster out in the cold reaches of time.

b8638f7886.jpg

But regardless, the city remains a shining symbol of eminent peace and beauty.

bee452a59c.jpg

b4283c468c.jpg

8c54880566.jpg

A wonderous synthesis of history and modern technology. Remnants of the gleaming image the 21st century world provided.

2907c19cba.jpg

93e96ae672.jpg

It is even fortunate that those who founded this last bastion, could even afford and have the ability to rise a dormant ruin from the ground.

5d5c708e2d.jpg

5b685dc68c.jpg

May be there is hope. Real hope. May be the so called "lie" isn't a lie at all.

302588f515.jpg

947723eba4.jpg

bac4f5b5a5.jpg

8aa9a50140.jpg

But the truth remains.

ae5e9b5174.jpg

9ba5b913bb.jpg

923d8e13a2.jpg

2a7e9d4617.jpg

As the night falls, the activity dies down. The lights begin to pollute the skies.

712544a5ea.jpg

All that remains of the lights that once bore through darkness of the planet.

9262c02e8f.jpg

ab21f15ab1.jpg

717e3e2891.jpg

24e263c45b.jpg

66414596f0.jpg

c0ee5bbd1e.jpg

c953132b0f.jpg

d7f29a51e8.jpg

94a181c3a5.jpg

97702a3195.jpg

723709342a.jpg

dc8a1d97ed.jpg

9fe455c239.jpg

0421bc3eef.jpg

d197525797.jpg

f3db758efb.jpg

2396c9f67c.jpg

c3c591e4b8.jpg

5cdc51b5e2.jpg

But what we do know is, this is the Last City; and we must defend it to the utmost, regardless of circumstance.

And that's it! Visit again when Random & Random has more random for you!

Huston

Teaser #2 | The Last City

7h4T8.png

TekindusT

paulmc

Thank you :)

feyss

Thanks a lot :D

MilitantRadical

I hear ya, I never actually got to finish this (gave up cause there were to many models to make lol), so it's not even in its final form. Sadly, couldn't be bothered to go thru with it. I might take you up on those possible scenes though, I could probably try making soe of them, namely Luke's home or the rebel base ;)

SimCoug

If only, SimCoug, if only :P

takemethere

This may just be it :P

Just some random teaser pics for my next R&R showcase

70a3dd04de.jpg

a17eb9f1db.jpg
861af68fa5.jpg

Will update with more pictures in the next update. Until then ;)

Huston

Star Wars | Nor Li'ahr

7h4T8.png

Ultimate727

Thank you! :D

slickbg56

Thanks dude :)

tankmank

It's been a while, hope you're still up for the pic :D

Schulmanator

juliok92012

Thanks a lot :)

pinkindustry

No doubt's there :P It'd be a heck of a view though!

SimCoug

Well, on-off activity really :P

sucram17

Indeed, and you're pretty much right, only a matter of time before the city could be leveled :P

So...star wars...a nice sci-fi series that I myself do like :P So I thought I'd have a little fun by making a planet in the SW universe, especially considering how expansive and large it is. The planet Nel Farum, more background information on the actual image links!

Note: The picture was never fully completed and need more buildings and little futuristic extras as well as ships and shipyard at the bottom of the pic like the spaceport at Theed in Naboo. But I never got around to it cause it started to become a drag :P So it's technically incomplete and not how it's supposed to look...but oh well haha.

0b722eb7bd.png

47d8c40b48.jpg    cf5b6b910d.jpg

Enjoy and be back for another dose of Randomness -- whenever that may be ;)

Huston

7h4T8.png

Kim Sunwoo

Lol, well thanks for the kind words :P

Schulmanator

I will! :D

MilitantRadical

Sometimes, I wonder what compelled me to use those horribly incorporated lens flares :P And thanks, it took a while to compile all those photos. It's been a long time coming from my patchwork cities of color to things that looked a little more presentable :P

Mymyjp

Thanks a lot mymy :D

Ln X

Thanks, I've always been dabbling a little bit into everything (gets boring just staying with one theme sometimes), and the fire stock image probably wasn't all the best :P

nos.17

I've totally violated the sanctity of NAM. That was one heck of an abominiation. It's why you never really see much NAM from me :P

Sexysark:P

Oh god, Thanks :P

Ultimate727

*o*

Tonraq

Yeah, it's a little bit of everything from the past, a little bit from things that never really went anywhere beyond stray foreign forum posts :P

jmsepe

Haha, thanks dude :P

tankmank

It just isn't as fun until you've tried'em all :P

SylvioJ

Thanks, it's been a fun-time trying to mimick all those styles :P

Benedict

Thanks Ben :D

Just a quick tease for now. It's for a super-massive mosaic project. You might be able to figure out what it's been (or going to be) influenced by. So yes, it's another Sci-Fi scene. Y'know me :P

14e59280f2.jpg

d879ce6697.jpg
39126b294e.jpg

The final product is going to be vastly different from this. There aren't any sleek skyscrapers yet :P

That's it for now folks, come back again when I bring in a real bucket of Random!

UPDATED:

I have 1/8 of the full image depicted here (This is 1/4 of what I have pieced together/stressful and tedious to piece together considering graphical issues), and so far, it's looking okay. Here's a rather limited view of the city's cliff face. Also kinda gives perspective as to the size of the final mosaic.

084fff4014.jpg

Huston

7h4T8.png

Tonraq

Thanks, and yeah, I'm not really too sure WA will ever get another update. We'll see :P

SimCoug

Lol, they're quite lengthy. Thanks :P

Kim Sunwoo

Thanks a lot :P

TekindusT

It finally worked once I grabbed a missing dependency that I forgot to extract :P

And lol, no probs :P

Bastet69008

Lol, thanks :P

NielsC007

Thanks dude :)

coolwiththecool2

slickbg56

tankmank

And I had a bit of fun (and frustration) making it :P

Glad you enjoyed it!

Ln X

Well, when you don't have enough W2W Japanese BATs, there's always Il Tonkso's amazing HQ stuff :P

Roman_Samudra

Thanks, and I'm glad you've come around again :)

jmsepe

And here I thought you were going to post an anime gif or something :P

Mymyjp

MilitantRadical

I actually just oriented it in a way to make it match the W2Ws, and which seemed to look better and more fitting :P

Richie99

Thanks so much :)

Hey again.

Here's a simple picture compilation of random images that I have. These ones in particular are quite old, all the way back from when I first started CJing on Simtropolis and officially broke off from your usual "lurker". On the other hand, some of them are just what I've been able to salvage, since I lost most of my oldest images in time and a external HDD malfunction (yay). So enjoy what I have been able to salvage, and hopefully, you can actually enjoy some of them since they're super old, super $%&^! and have really bad picture quality and resolution. Though I guess they could be worse

:P

d5ed8377c5.jpg

5e4481b2e0.jpg

c0ac2ddcd8.jpg

5831f0b6c1.jpg

59bc9f059d.jpg

6f5f208f91.jpg

7707140cc1.jpg

f477f1123d.jpg

2c45f7599d.jpg

e293756f6a.jpg

abd0e1ef97.jpg

2472b1915b.jpg

0fcb4c8eba.jpg

And finally, to finish off, here's a really bad quality gif to depict my City Journaling and SimCity 4 technique progression or evolution from my early (and salvagable) years of gaming SC4 to now (used this in a thread I found on the show me your topic:

ae5f269d02.gif

And that concludes R&R's presentation for today. Drop by again when R&R is random and ready for another series of unrelated posts

;)

Huston

7h4T8.png

Ln X

Haha, great strategy :P

TekindusT

Thanks, it really depends I guess. These are just the best of them. Never were going to use them so might as well post'em right? :P

Yes, Randomness FTW :D

Tonraq

May be, not really...nahhh :P

tankmank

I didn't really feel like I got that atmo. At least you think it though :P

Mymyjp

Not really. They're really just random plops :P

coolwiththecool2

It does yeah, I really wanted to try use it somewhere. Too bad this didn't make the cut then :P

Titanicbuff

I'm a do it on the spot kind of guy. Thinking ahead doesn't normally work foir me since most of the stuff I do is spur of the moment inspiration. :P

QQ感嘆符

Thanks a lot. I do too, but traffic gets a little bit slow when all the bldgs are just plopped in one, empty tile :P

8JeaT.jpg

ジャパン / 日本

Well, I was in the middle of making a small scene for the Toshiba Pencil Tower BAT I made, when I suddenly decided that the scene was a little more then presentable to just continue until I made a decently sized city scene. I don't delve into Japanese city-styles much, and only just did again now (Then there was last time and the episode on ME:TMW). Again, I mostly made do with what Japanese related content I had. It's so difficult to find content sometimes

:P It's quite a lengthy set of mosaics, both panoramic and a long portrait. Hope you enjoy this little slice of urban Japanese concrete jungle :D

So, I present to you, Azumanokaze Prefecture's Shiba City. The area presented is located in the Shinakiba Ward of Shiba.

15738980b3.jpg

6407ff1b2c.jpg

39449eaaf6.jpg

6275767a9d.jpg

Well, that's it for today, come back again to get your daily dose for Random from R&R!

Huston

7h4T8.png

slickbg56

A trip down memory lane is always nice. I loved that part too. I always tried to get as high a land value as possible and always tried to spread it out around the city. Of course, you'd usually get sparse concentrations in different areas. I had to use parks constantly just to get them that high. Did you have a different system? :P

Tonraq

Isometric is king :P

Ln X

You had astronomical land value in a village? How? :P

TekindusT

Hope you do, feeling a little alone and outnumbered :)

Thanks, it's quite the series :)

Schulmanator

Nice trip wasn't it? We should visit more often :P

Mymyjp

Yeah, SC3KU had some really snazzy architecture. We need more of it in SC4 purely because the defaults in the previous version make the SC4 defaults look bad :P

masochist

A legend back from the dead I see :P Thanks! And yeah, SC3KU was really nice to play, and it still is. I go back from time to time working on them and seeing how dense I can make them without turning it into Magnasanti :P

And I'm glad to know that someone else out there lines their city streets with parks/fountains too :P You should really get back into it sometime!

Kisa Atsuko

Well I've never played those versions either, I even tried SC2K. Got confused within the first five minutes of gameplay :P But thanks :)

Jasoncw

Do it! :D

mayorbk

A great blast of nostalgia huh? :)

APSMS

Planes do tend to intersect with towers randomly, but no! That is actually an airbase/military base, but eitherway, both the airbase and airport landing strips on SC3KU are incredibly underscaled, worse than SC4 :P

And I'll see if I can hold a candle up to Endora's glory :P

Benedict

My least updated CJ and somehow, it cracked the top ten last year?

image.png?w=400&c=1

So, I've been playing around and sandboxing to get a good idea of what an area I called Jericho should look like. It's a part of Selbring's Pyroverse and like all else, should be dirty, punkish and depressing. First, I thought may be I could go for a low, mid-rise downtown depiction. But it looked to clean in the end. And very boring to look at. Then it crossed my mind that I could make a destroyed town covered in overgrowth and shrubbery. Didn't turn out how I thought it would. So I dumped them and then decided to just convert one of my functionals into a depressing backwater (Avondale).

Here are the fruits of my failure:

jerichoimagesfaileda.jpg

jerichoimagesfailedb.jpg

jerichoimagesfailedc.jpg

jerichoimagesfailedd.jpg

jerichoimagesfailede.jpg

Anyways, that's it! Come back again when Random & Random gets Random again!

;)

Huston

SC3KU | Return To Shiba

7h4T8.png

Mymyjp

Thanks. The concept isn't all new, but it's more a variation :P

Benedict

Endora is a huge part in why I'm doing this. That and of course, it seems awesome to bring forward the storyline in a whole other way :)

slickbg56

Endora was awesome, hopefully my presentation could at least hold up a candle to it :P

Simul8ter8

Thanks, but the project will have to hold up for a bit since it takes quite a while :P

Since the last time I've shown you Shiba, a lot of things have changed. There have been major developments

in areas previously undeveloped, and the city is even denser than before. I've been trying to aim for a population cap

of 1 million, unfortunately, though I'm only at 860,000 (approximately 60 to 100,000 more than before).

Another thing to note is that these pictures have been screen-captured in HD! No longer bound by the wrath of degradation

at the hands of Maxis in-game screen capturing.

So far...

shiba1.jpg

shiba2.jpg

A previously undeveloped corner of the city in the south-eastern portion of the Shiba coastline has been overhauled and zoned to fit new businesses and

corporate attractions. Various high-profile residential complexes have also been built to accomodate the more affluent-minded residents of Shiba. Urbanization

of the area overall has been quite extensive.

shiba3.jpg

Downtown Shiba has been increasingly deviant, and most restrictions on heigh have been revoked, paving the way for the construction of taller high-rises. People aren't

all to happy about it, but it has made the downtown area increasingly more popular by commercial prospects that have drawn some business away from the

already crowding Shiba Financial district.

shiba4.jpg

Close to one of the few zones in the city with low-density residential zonage, high-rise housing and offices begin to crop up and encroach on the low zonage. Many of

the local residents are beginning to petition for the permanent landmarking of the residential estates. To their amusement, it seems that the Shiba City Council has

sided with them and approved most landmarking of these few remaining estates.

shiba5.jpg

The Tameki-Shiba Business Park. It's seen a lot more development as more high-profile coporations decide to develop offices in this organized commercial district.

Its drawn more business away from the finance district.

shiba6.jpg

Back at the Shiba Financial District, here's a little look into the land value of the precious district. Threats have been quelled in this district

with ample supplies of power and water, low pollution and is virtually free of crime. For this reason, it has become premier real-estate and is the city's number one commercial

asset, attracting business and opportunities far and wide. It's revered for its astronomical value and is planned for expansion by the city council. This will likely result in the

demolition of residential high rise estates and industrial zones.

shiba8.jpg

Further along the finance district, the twin Kochavatr Corporation towers stand high, neighboring have-not residential slums and city industries.

shiba7.jpg

Here depicts the expansive extent of the already massive Shiba Financial District Business parks. It's the largest high-wealth commercial concentration in the city, as implied in its

status, with it surpassing downtown Shiba. Downtown Shiba is largely commercial boutique stores.

shiba9.jpg

And then there is of course, the city waterfront estates. Before then, you had only seen rudimentary developments, but the area is increasingly becoming

a popular place to buy high-caliber real-estate for residential and commercial purposing.

shiba10.jpg

Waterfront overview. Development is picking up, but has attracted few high-profile residents and commerce.

Meanwhile...

I've started a new city that could go either way. Either I bankrupt it or it turns into a reminsecent of Shiba, here I present to you, Katerininstadt.

kat2.jpg

Katerininstadt's town center area.

kat1.jpg

On the opposite side, residential developments and the town's mayoral estate.

Well, that's it for today. Come back for another dose of R&R.

:D

Huston

As I procrastinate a little for exams (I lied, A LOT) Just have a little concept idea i'd like to run by with to see how people would react to me updating my next

ME:TMW episode in a very distinct way, largely influenced by the way the old Endora steampunk CJ was presented on SC4D; this just means I'm gonna try

to intertwine and incorporate non-simcity 4 3d scenes and elements with actual simcity 4 scenes but with a twist in presentation (so they both match).

The one pic I'm showing you know is just a quick draft and still needs refining come time I actually present the episode.

So all in all, I've just been playing around with Photoshop effects and tools and stumbled upon a great way to merge non-simcity/simcity

to maximize entertainment as I try to tell a story (with dialog

^_^). It looks interesting to me aesthetically, but it'd be great to know how

an audience/readers would react to it (if it's too low def, visually unpleasing, too obscure?).

PAINTED IMAGE EFFECT

(This isn't just any filter effect on Photoshop. I actually have to go over it myself tediously

:P )

0709d0faaa.jpg

Likewise with the Comic style I had developed a while back, I'd post the pictures in normal form afterwards at the end (spoiler, links whatever) but the difference is that I'm definitely going through with this

(maybe for this particular episode and not every episde, but either way).

Thoughts?

Huston

7h4T8.png

tankmank

Thanks a lot, I had so much trouble intially arranging the city. It was hard to say if I could blend old and new together like it, but it came at okay in the end more or less. Great to see you think it works :)

MilitantRadical

I always love a good night shot. Thanks :)

slickbg56

Thanks! :)

feeroz123

Thank you, glad they're inspirational :D

TekindusT

It's time for the future! :)

fan o SC4

ioh969

Thank you so much :D

SimCoug

NielsC007

Ln X

Prophet42

Thanks, I owe it all to the tower :P

RepublicMaster

Yeah, it's been a while. Thanks :D

Roman_Samudra

I never really got to finish it unfortunately. It's why it's so bare. But thanks :D

suomi2005

Tonraq

Umm...yeah? Never really got far enough and thanks Carl :D

stocklips

Thank you :D

Benedict

Yeap! It's a real building. One of deadwood's little masterpieces on the STEX. I guess deadwood is the keyword here to search. But in any case, here's the :)

Mr Saturn64

Thank you. And the file you're looking for is this.

ggamgus

Yeah, my city styles weren't all that refined at the time. They still aren't now but it's getting there :P Thanks btw!

spursrule14

Hey again everyone! Here's another entry your favorite Random City Journal!

Here are some random photos, all rather old, yet unreleased. From various City Journals, right as of now from 3N (Three Nations) and my old World After War. Let's get started!

165174d6cd.jpg

To start, here's the city of Aulzweczik from Llithustania's state of Dominica during fall. It's one of the state's major cities in a state of over 800,000 people. I never really managed to go very far with this, or ever take any photos for release. This is it.

736898592c.jpg

9c09802ed9.jpg

3549af1d76.jpg

11634af5ad.jpg

d72c15a27d.jpg

998a3555be.jpg

94984b48b1.jpg

76d2a516b3.jpg

Then here's a refurbished version of the Hollywood Sign scene from World After War. The rest of pictures are of scenes from downtown Los Angeles.

f80d2d7491.jpg

Los Angeles by night.

b98b4232e8.jpg

Los Angeles by day.

87b562ffe6.jpg

Some random natural city growth from years ago. The city is in the 'San Francisco region' but the city is named Metropolis (Central). It was orginally meant to be Delavia, the capital of Llithustania's state of Crovakia. But it didn't make the cut.

a2e4bb6831.jpg

Another pic? With some entertaining graphical glitches (Courtesy of Windows

8).

e9da2133d0.jpg

And finally, here's an unreleased group of images for the defunct 3N city journal. Here's the University of Central Llithustania, located several kilometers of the country's capital city, Maine.

da1a5520ba.jpg

3f7f09c728.jpg

The Science Faculty Center.

80840711f6.jpg

The university campus and clock tower.

71d1c03e39.jpg

Another university faculty building, but I'm not sure which huehue.

Well that's it for today. Come back again for another dose of Random & Random!

Huston

Comments from Update R&R#10 will be tended to in the following official udpate.

__________________________________________________________________________________

7QIFY.jpg

Welcome to the Random and Random Bulletin Board! This board will be regularly updated with different, not so specific topics; when let's say...I have one pic I really feel like showing you. For updates that don't deserve an entire page to themselves (I mean really? Why. If I'm going to do something like that, then the pictures better well be deserving at least

:P ). It's also going to feature things such as BAT progression for certain updates in ME:TMW, here at Random & Random and at Selbring County, my three currently active CJs. I'm posting some of them here cause they don't really fit in the regular BAT thread and.....I'm not releasing any of them. Or at least, as long as they're decent, I'd reconsider/consider. Well that's pretty much it. Hi.

I did tell you this CJ was going to be random.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday July 6th, 2014 (NZST) - Mass Effect The Milky Way: "God Save The Queen" - E#63

aed00e6b3b.jpg

65afaa7a56.jpg

A part of a string of cities which will be shown during the full force of Reaper occupation of the Earth, first location is in London's Southwark. Full episode coming soon.

Saturday May 31st, 2014 (NZST) - Mass Effect The Milky Way: "Trouble in Paradise" - E#61

662a13e918.jpg

Trouble in 'Paradise'. Episode 61, Trident System. Coming up soon at ME:TMW.

Thursday May 1st, 2014 (NZST) - The Random Project: Huston Corporation Municipal Office.

8tn65.gif

I released my first generic office building today more or less. It's a W2W corner office, and since I needed to provide in-game pictures, I decided to make this quick nifty little scene

for it's debut. A day and darknite image in a gif sequence. If you wanna download the building dubbed after me,

Tuesday April 22nd, 2014 (NZST) - Mass Effect: The Milky Way Teaser for the Eingana System.

8hv10.jpg

Can you guess what the area might be we're looking at on Eingana?

Keyword is Eingana if you're curious. Look it up if you're feeling like it. XD

Wednesday April 16th, 2014 (NZST) - Selbring's Dump presenting a W.I.P. Teaser.

8aQsT.jpg

8aQRS.jpg

Do you like dumps connected to cities by MagLev? Well, too bad. We're going there anyway.

[Terrible] Tuesday April 1st, 2014 (NZST) - How do you feel about low poly towers?

7QITt.jpg

No. This isn't some April Fool's joke. Very serious question. As a 'little celebration' and thank you to those who have read, supported, followed, commented and had nominated Mass Effect: The Milky Way for a trixie for the 11th Annual Trixie Season, I've decided to make over a dozen (I'm half-way there) low poly towers with horrific detail, but rather spectacular height. They're specific to the upcoming Episode #9, which has been missing and has become an enigma which I refer to as the "lost episode"(I don't think anyone's ever noticed where Episode #9 went

:P ).

Why is it low poly you ask? Because the average BATer who undertakes such impossible BATing feats doesn't have a 6-7 year old HP Pavilion dv6 laptop with a massively problematic overheating issue [that it requires a fan] and has a serious shortage of hard disk space and a sore lack of memory or RAM if you wanna call it that. Yeah. Exactly. It's terrible. "Huston really needs to get a new laptop or get a desktop on the side". If that were the case, I'd be producing supertall towers with a little decency. Not low poly towers with singular to no more than three other textures slapped on.

Yeah, you might have a point. Anyway, these towers do seem rather u-g-l-y, but I'll totally make up for it by slapping them on a distracting cloudy-desert scene, tangled with flora. I just hope it turns out the way I'm visualizing it.

giant_la_by_web5ter-d64qtf0.gif7RROM.png

Huston

7h4T8.png

KonstantinII

It was the only way to create the chaotic, slummy scene you get in the Philippines . Housing there isn't very organized in a lot of dense places :(

TekindusT

It indeed is :P

jmsepe

Ha! Thanks for telling me. My Philippine geography is really rusty since I don't really know any regions beyond Metro Manila and Nueva Ecija :P

Moerp

Thanks, it's tediously achieved in Lot Editor. But it comes with a lot of failed saves, which is actually a problem since the scene never turned out the way I wanted to. The area's scope would've been much wider :P

fan o SC4

Sure, sometime though but not necessarily now :P

MilitantRadical

Thanks, it took a little while for that be realized. And it is Philippine brutalist architecture, so it was meant to fit pretty well :P

Wallibuk

tankmank

Thanks, it's uncommon to have S-E Asian cities around so it's great to have done one myself :) We need more stuff like this :)

Richie99

Thanks, and I'm sure :D

frdrcklim

Thanks and yeah, it's supposed to be a metro area, akin to Metro Manila. The only problem I really had with adding extra people and markets was the barrier posed by failed saves in Lot Editor. I initially had the city differently, and had a lot more markets and people on the road as well as vehicles. But Lot Editor decided not to save it, so I had to make do with what was recovered :P

Tonraq

Thanks. Btw, what Plaza? :P

sarthakknight

Drack

I forgot to make the sign, it should've been over besides the administration building; the one's that look like WTC ground building pieces :P

Neto Dari

Well..the reality isn't as neat as it looks anyway :P

Roman_Samudra

I haven't really liked the overly saturated photos lately. Granted it should be more colorful, but I just felt the need to desaturate it to give it a more polluted, dirty effect :P

RepublicMaster

Thanks a lot Will :D

spursrule14

Here are some old pictures I have from 3N that were made a year or two ago. Some pretty old pictures that I made for the AIN Exposition, when I was in the AIN, but it never went through

bbe30e6d3f.jpg

1aa4cbe89f.jpg

1f447efb98.jpg

2a904d7ac1.jpg

9eb67465a7.jpg

9e30e163da.jpg

ac9b4615e6.jpg

3cc55eecab.jpg

e5b4892b84.jpg

ccfc4e3185.jpg

05390aee61.jpg

d70e456c5e.jpg

bb703852c0.jpg

3dbf1ff683.jpg

4c0f6405af.jpg

9aa8d7d716.jpg

5641b86e79.jpg

Lol, the building was still rendering

d883d7682e.jpg

That's it again for today! Come back to R&R for another dose of Randomness!

Huston

7h4T8.png

tankmank

Thanks, it does get a bit tricky, and I'm still getting use to it considering how it'll all piece together :P

MilitantRadical

Well, I was making do with what I had, and all in all, I don't have that many Japanese BATs that fit the rural stage. May be next time around :P

Tonraq

Thanks, and okay lol, I'll take your word for it. A little grim about your third option though :P

SimCoug

Haha lol, wasn't wise, using a repetitive lot huh? :P

Richie99

jmsepe

Thanks, and yeah, I'm getting into a little Japanese to spice things up :P

Vitor13

fan o SC4

Thanks a lot, and I'm not exactly one to think that Japan's anime on acid, but I guess I could've done it more detailed :P

Schulmanator

Roman_Samudra

Oh yeah lol, it's beyond my control *YYYYSIMCITY* :P

Kisa Atsuko

Well, I guess it depends. There are areas around Japan that look like this [checked a few google images], even in South Korea, but regardless, thanks :P

Magneto

Thanks, and yeah, it's still beyond my control though :P

sarthakknight

Thanks, and those are I think Jeronij's farms from SC4D. I'll link them to you via PM :)

KonstantinII

Indeed :)

Kit Tabori

Well thanks for reading, those do sounds like very fond memories. :D

NielsC007

8Pp2J.jpg

Republika ng Pilipinas

Historic - Las Islas Filipinas

The Philippines is a country bound by culture and history that has been sculpted by several colonizations and conquests of the islands. One of it's longest colonists were the Spanyards, heavily influencing Philippine religion, culture, language, architecture, cuisine and more. The remnants of the colonization of the Philippines by Spain remain scattered in the many cities of the country, but concentrated mostly in the Luzon region. I decided to create this aspect of the Philippines by creating a fictitious region as with the Japan, known as the Cagayan Province [not to be confused with Cagayan De Oro Province]. It was a tedious process of BATing a brutalist building and lotting, which in the end, screwed up because the intial lot I made didn't save so my resulting work is actually significantly less detailled. I hate lot editor now.

The names in this update are derived from a couple of cities around Luzon, because I couldn't think up a name that sounded good

The area in this update is the Zapote De Oro District, Lasmariñas City, the capital and largest city in the province Cagayan.

8PprL.jpg

8PptF.jpg

8Ppw2.jpg

8PpxX.jpg

8Ppzw.jpg

8PpB0.jpg

8PpDK.jpg

8PpF2.jpg

8PpGa.jpg

[No, these are not this same picture]

8PpH8.jpg

8PpIn.jpg

8PpJm.jpg

8PpLp.jpg

8PpN4.jpg

8PpNI.jpg

8PpOO.jpg

8Pq1j.jpg

8Pq2G.jpg

8Pq4F.jpg

8Pq5i.jpg

8Pq6h.jpg

That's it for today! Come by again at R&R for something new and random!

Huston

7h4T8.png

Tonraq

Well, because weather :P

jmsepe

Thanks, if you want, no problem. I'll gladly help you and give you tips and even tutorials on anything to do with PS. Just PM me when you can, but it's best to be specific about something you need help with :)

Schulmanator

Thanks, and I thought so lol. The 2 Hamiltons seem so different from each other haha :P

tankmank

That's great to hear, and thanks :)

Moerp

It'd definitely be a nice little town to live in :P

TekindusT

Thanks, it was a shame I accidentally hit delete city :(

feeroz123

Thanks and yes indeed the construction was very much operating around the clock then :)

Richie99

Ln X

Thanks, I was never really good at creating construction sites then and was mostly experimenting. I'm glad it seemed to come out great in the end though and handing out some inspiration in between :)

Neto Dari

Roman_Samudra

Thanks and yeah, the pier was pretty boring. It's too bad a couldn't do much with it since I couldn't add props :P

Hellken

Thanks for the bold complement :D

sarthakknight

Thanks, and there's always work in Port Hamilton ;)

RepublicMaster

Lol, there only really was a 'start' to the CJ anyway :P Thanks Will!

paulmc

Map Guy

Thanks. It was all a part of 3 years of careful [wildly picking from any and every possible sc4 site] mod selections and an organized [horribly disorganized 8 GB folder] plugins folder. The real credit goes to CP for the BATs ;)

dlsni

Those row buildings along the boardwalk? I couldn't tell you now since it took me months to find those myself. The source of those buildings left my mind a while ago and tbh, I don't even know the name of those buildings. I can't even trace them in own plugins folder :P I'll see what I can do but it's unlikely I'll be able to find the source. As far as I can remember, it was tucked somewhere in the LEX at SC4D. Oh and the typo was in my introduction pic, where it said another twice in the title :P

spursrule14

= R&R Country Themes Introduction =

....................................................................................................................

Like the Rejected and Assorted Pic tagged categories, The new Country Themes category is one of the many themes associated in Random and Random, with the distinct and abundant styles of each country around the world being replicated in fictitious districts, provinces, county's, wards and prefectures. Each distinct style is then given a name specific to it's supposed country. Check out the countries covered so far!

8Ou6w.jpg 8Ou7W.jpg

8JeaT.jpg

ジャパン / 日本

I decided to delve a bit into some Japanese style scenes, but they turned out horribly plain. Not to the standard that most people would expect since I'm up against some tough competition. So this is really just me taking a bit of an experimental dive to see what I could do with what I already had. I didn't really feel like going to some Japanese sites since navigating took quite a while and finding the content I wanted remained pretty elusive.

I have to admit, the only other time I attempted this was when I made an a Reaper invasion episode at ME:TMW. I only just realized again how tedious it was to place this many rice-farm paddies. Sad to say, it's not what I was expecting as a result, but it'll do...for now, once I have more time to work on it. Additionally, the Japanese streetmod I had installed a year ago seems to have been shaken from my game since it took me a while for it to actually remove. Suddenly, when I needed it, it wasn't there. Oh why are SC4 Mods such trolls?

So here it is, I named the area that I'm going to work on the Azumanokaze Prefecture [Japanese: 東の風 or 東の風の県]. This update is only a more of a teaser-ish, prelmineary development of theme kind of thing and when I feel like it, there will be updates on cities and towns in the Prefecture so look out in case I do post one sometime again

;)

Since these aren't the flashiest pics around, I added some atmosphere and color editing to make it look less bad.

8JeoM.jpg

8Jerp.jpg

8JewK.jpg

That's it again for today! Check in again on R&R when something new and random is up!

Huston

7h4T8.png

Wallibuk

47ply

Yeah, they are, from a Japanese street tree/prop mod. ;)

Tonraq

Ikr? Thanks :P

AdoxxBE

Thanks, here's another round of Port Hamilton :)

TekindusT

Thanks, I was really bummed out by the fact that I couldn't go through with it. It had potential, but my mind thought otherwise :P

SimRico

I'd have no objection to a memorial exhibition tribute, if you would so go through with it :)

Schulmanator

Which Hamilton exactly? :P Thanks.

juliok92102

slickbg56

Thanks, there are actually no relots here. These are all pre-lotted by the creators. ;)

paulmc

Thanks. I raged cause I had accidentally hit the delete city button and it was gone an instant. Oh my mind at absence :P

tankmank

Thanks, it is indeed a shame :(

Roman_Samudra

Lol, it kinda does, Thanks, and glad it cheered you up :)

dabadon5

A beautiful isolated little town to visit? It would indeed, if only it were possible :)

[Love typos, especially when you don't save a picture, and spot the ugly typo then]

Well, here we are, Update 2, the second and last update to the Port of Hamilton series. Here it shows the actual port area, boardwalks and little industry with extra residential development as the town grew. This is where it all ends. Btw, no the port and warehouse/factory area are not re-lots, they're just different pieces of lots and BATs put together in game

portofhamiltonbanneru2.jpg

portofhamilton7.jpg

portofhamilton8.jpg

portofhamilton9.jpg

portofhamilton10.jpg

portofhamilton11.jpg

portofhamilton12.jpg

portofhamilton13.jpg

portofhamilton14.jpg

portofhamilton15.jpg

portofhamilton16.jpg

portofhamilton17.jpg

HAVE SOME MORE LOL NOPE.

That's it again for today. Come by again here at R&R for something Random, and otherwise, new!

Huston

7h4T8.png

89James89

Tonraq

Thanks a lot :P

TekindusT

I'm sure they're great, I mean c'mon T&R and Lubbenauer Tor are amazing :)

LastTrueChamp

agunter999

KonstantinII

It's supposed to be an area between Italy and Spain, hence the style and name :P

juliok92012

Schulmanator

Thanks, they were quite difficult to get, but I also realized that blending in the harbor walkways were difficult in that kind of terrain :P

rewright

Roman_Samudra

Yeah, but mostly Corsica. I usually looked to Yan077's Corsica CJ for inspiration and it was supposed to be an improvement over my first attempt at Mediterranean settings :)

C4RACORTADA

MilitantRadical

Thanks, I only really have a few rejected cities, this is just the best of them. The others I have are total schist :P

Kayean_Henser

Thanks, it's nice of you to say, but I wouldn't say so much as swan as it is just an average duck :P

jmsepe

Well, it's rejected because it looked horrible, not necessarily portraying a city abandoned, but it's an interesting way to see it :P

paulmc

Thanks, I was trying to get that Italian kind of setting, but I never really managed to get a proper satisfactory effect :P

Schriefer

lulsalad

Remember Port Hamilton? Yeah, well it was gone a long time ago, replaced very quickly by Mass Effect: The Milky Way that outnumbered it by 57 updates. It was also a part of a fatal deletion at the hands of an Absent Mind. My Absent mind. The fun I had after that. So before a raged, I just decided, NOPE; no more Port Hamilton. So here are the remnants of the CJ, that I've decided to post here since I deleted the OPs a while back in ME:TMW. Here's Update #1

portofhamiltonbanneru1.jpg

portofhamilton1.jpg

portofhamilton5.jpg

portofhamilton3.jpg

portofhamilton7.jpg

portofhamilton8.jpg

portofhamilton4.jpg

portofhamilton2.jpg

portofhamilton6.jpg

LOL NOPE.

Well, come back to R&R for something new and Random...well when there is something new and Random anyway XD.

Huston

7h4T8.png

feeroz123

Yeah, it's the family's favorite camping spot :P Thanks a lot :)

MilitantRadical

Yeah, it's been a while, but I hadn't played it consistently. That's really more of a figure for how long I've had the game. I only really got into SC4 when I found Simtropolis in '09. :P

Tonraq

Thanks Carl :)

Schriefer

Thanks a lot, it's a lotta fun to play with MMPs :)

tankmank

Gugu3

slickbg56

Thanks, it's amazing a Maxis bridge could look so good :)

TekindusT

ROFLyoshi

Thanks a lot. The border checkpoint is from a pack in the LEX from the SNM military series. I've lost track of the precise URL. Try searching SNM in the LEX and hopefully it should still come up. I searched it up, so you could start by clicking this link.

VicRusty

Thanks, and lol :P

sejr99999

spursrule14

Great to be on the BOTB as always. :)

Rejected Cities. Everyone has one. I think. I've had a few, and I typically abandoned them, never to return to them for years, until now.

I left this port go about a year and a half ago, cause it never met my presentable standard. Thus it never went as far as this, and I always got frustrated with PEG's

ridiculously difficult to manage harbor/coast walkways [XD]. Plus, I just couldn't get the town and roads to blend properly in this case, something that Yann077 could easily manage

without difficulty or hesitation

So enjoy Reject #1, the Port of San Fernando.

7Zp4k.jpg

7Zpel.jpg

7ZppN.jpg

7ZpqM.jpg

7Zpug.jpg

7Zpvy.jpg

7Zpwc.jpg

7Zpxz.jpg

7Zpyx.jpg

7ZpzF.jpg

7ZpAs.jpg

7ZpBd.jpg

7ZpBS.jpg

7ZpCm.jpg

Well, that's it for today folks. Be back again when there's something new and Random at Random and Random

:ducky:

Huston

7h4T8.png

Schulmanator

Schriefer

Thanks a lot, and sure, it's a BAT from Somy's archive website but I wasn't sure about the name. You'll definitely find it in that hotlink though to his website. It has pretty much all the stuff he's made :)

MilitantRadical

Thanks. I've been playing the game for, round about, 7 or 8 years now. I got the about 2 years after its initial release and hadn't found Simtropolis until about 3 years after I got it in '09 :P

TekindusT

Thanks and you don't have to look far since they are indeed on the STEX. If you haven't found them yet, here's a direct to it :)

tankmank

KonstantinII

Yeah, they are, great spotting. Didn't notice it at first, I thought I'd posted a different picture but apparently not. Thanks though :)

CorpusDei

Hehe, thanks, but the pics are still just 'alright'. Some needed lotting could do the pics a little more justice though :P

Tonraq

Dat comment :P

#1SIthLord

So here's a fourth ASC4 entry, depicting another series of random pics from different CJs, if the pics had any at all, and not all do. The pics in the following are from 3N and the last few pics are of an industrial area I made for the SC4D pic competition.

7ILr5.jpg

The Litusian side of the border.

7ILJD.jpg

Just below the bridge, a family camping along the Litusian side of the river.

7ILKs.jpg

What is supposed to be the French side.

7ILMd.jpg

The Litusian side of the border by night.

7ILMU.jpg

The [unseen] nightshot of Dunvista Ski Resort, in the state of Alverona, Llithustania.

7ILOR.jpg

A nightshot of Cogniac, Northern Antarida.

7ILSF.jpg

7IM03.jpg

7IM0S.jpg

Lower Hattan in three perspectives. Much industry. So pollution. Wow.

Well that's it for today's R&R update, come back again when there's something more, equally or less than random at Random & Random!

Huston

7h4T8.png

Terring

Lol thanks :)

Tonraq

I swear, that's how it looked in the movie! Thanks :P

MilitantRadical

Thanks and so did I, I enjoyed it quite a bit but I tend to lack any real seriousness from Arnold, so personally, the movie setting and plot in the modern Total Recall just wouldn't of had the same effect on me if he was casted for it :P That's just me though XD

agunter999

Thanks and there could be, the movie practically merged the remained of the European states, including France (or what was left of it). I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few French flags flying :)

SimRico

Thanks and huh, happy coincidence? :P

gigius76

KonstantinII

Sure, I'll try uploading the highways.

Schriefer

Thanks so much! :)

pingpong

Thanks a lot, the idea was really from the movie so yeah lol :P

jmsepe

BATing, lot editing and a little dip in some photoshop :)

NMUSpidey

It's too bad you won't be seeing the new one. It's actually pretty good (in my case anyway, but what do I know? I was born in the late 90s :P ) but yeah, Thanks for the complement :)

tankmank

Thanks, and there's not too much a difference in the raw and edited images right?

APSMS

Thanks. I might try watching the 90s make, but I'm pretty entrenched in the 2012 remake, graphics and all still imo dominating over the first. And imo (just my opinion :P ), seems more serious. I never could really take Arnold Scwhazenegger seriously in some of his movies, all except the Terminator :P

weixc812

Thanks, it's a lot of fun to do :)

Hellken

Lol, Moss' expression is hilarious :P

TekindusT

Wow Thanks :D

iuri99

Thanks, it was quite difficult with the extra BATing and Loting required :P

Pioneer

"MATHIAS SPEAKS THE TRUTH"

Kisa Atsuko

Benedict

Thanks Ben :D

spursrule14

These are just a series of photos from an aged Futuristic city rendition of a Litusian City I had from years ago. It's a lot different from what I usually do now, and the level of details is rather shoddy. I can't say it's my best work, but it's at least presentable. There's quite a few pics so I hope you enjoy a little more Sci Fi

:)

7zTqn.jpg

7zTqn.jpg

7zTrb.jpg

7zTrY.jpg

7zTsl.jpg

7zTsO.jpg

7zTtg.jpg

7zTtB.jpg7zTu7.jpg

Lol, I don't think I gave this pic enough time to actually clear up

7zTuz.jpg

7zTvd.jpg

7zTvU.jpg

7zTwm.jpg

7zTxd.jpg

7zTxx.jpg

7zTy0.jpg

That's it for today! Come back to R&R for anything else new, random and/or otherwise.

Huston

7oKPx.png

47ply

NMUSpidey

Thanks, really great of you to say :)

Tonraq

Ha, thanks for the reminder! And lol yeah, worst SC region of all time :P

KonstantinII

Thanks, I'm pretty sure you'll love it :P

APSMS

Thanks, and pretty much yeah -- I hadn't watched the first make of Total Recall, and with the screenshots of it on google, it didn't look like I could take it seriously, and the scale and graphics difference between the first and second would be far too immense for me to watch it :P Regardless, I liked the movie, graphics, story and all but it might've been different if I watched the 70s version first. ;)

Gugu3

TekindusT

Thanks, that's an honoring title :)

SimRico

Well thanks for stopping by and hope you come back soon ;)

A One-hit wonder project.

Well, I've watched Total Recall recently and was so intrigued by the scenery and the cities in the film. I enjoyed the story and the plot, and while I found it a pretty good sci-fi, those who've probably watched the 70s version first probably wouldn't be as satisfied with it. Regardless, I found it great, and decided why not try remaking the scenery in the movie into SC4? Both a snapshot of the Colony (Australia) and the United Federation of Britain (UFB). These two photos were of a result of 24 hours of tenous BATing and rendering and lot editing and then plopping and so forth. There are about 6 extra types of BATs that I made specifically for these two pictures. With these BATs and the BATs of others, I've set out to do something no one in the SC4 community has ever done before. A city over a city over a city -- based on the 2012 remake of Total Recall. (This is different to arcologies that are built over cities. This is literally a city over a city. Supposed to be anyway)

Though in SimCity, looks can deceive, and in these images, are almost nothing more than illusions that make it seem 'together'; but in true fact, they're almost scattered in different parts of the scene, and each freeway piece a different height. You can understand how difficult it is to make this and how long it takes with a bit of determination.

Hopefully you'll like it! And because SC4 lacks any height or depth perception, I had to stitch multiple pics at a time for this picture to really represent Total Recall's UFB/London scene. It may also be worth noting that there are nearly no extra graphics besides the additional clouds and adjusted color filtering for atmo and added city images for depth and height perception. Other than that, it's pretty much almost pure SimCity 4. The first pictures however, is raw if you get past the color filter and clouds. Lol.

7pUE7.jpg

7pUGL.jpg

Here are some behind the scenes bonus extras!

1. is an image of the main screenshot unedited.
  2. is an image of the scene from a different point of view to show its illusion.

Take your pick.

7oMJV.jpg 7oMKx.jpg

That's it for now, thanks for stopping by and come by again when something new is up a R&R!

Huston

7h4T8.png

Terring

Yep, it can be changed quite drastically :)

MilitantRadical

I've been wanting to do one for a while to show people raw SC4 images of ME:TMW :P

Tonraq

It does yeah, and of course, to make a scene underwater, it was gonna have to be photoedited :P

tankmank

Indeed, that's why I had to edit the image with Umeda Tower. The blue was waaay to bright and overwhelming and made the image look - strange? In any case, it looked way better after editing :P

KonstantinII

I'm not against pure SC4 imagery, but it tends to look a little dull sometimes :P

SimRico

Thanks, and yeah, I still try to keep it from straying from SC4, with the exception for the update about Austra's Cerberus Station. It was too good not to turn into a 3d styled image :P

pingpong

Thanks, it's great of you to say that. Though some urban scenes, ie. Origins: Kasumi Goto - the one of Osaka including Umeda Tower really needed the editing badly cause I couldn't stand the color palette that the creator of the Umeda tower BAT decided on :P

city89 #1, #2

I made them myself specifically for that image, and I'm pretty sure you asked me about last time but on ME:TMW, and I pretty much gave you the same answer as follows. Again, I'd really appreciate it more if you PMed me about BAT queries rather than posting on the comments. I don't really appreciate it when commenters ask for a BAT, ignoring everything else -- it's not really what the comments sec is for. In any case, I haven't released the buildings since they're primarily novelty items that I am unlikely to put out to the STEX, but I might in the near future.

This Randoms update has a wide variety of images and a wide variety of timelines, being when I made them. Some were made 5 years ago and some only recently. Some are complete, some not so much. It really is completely random, and there is not topic at hand. But one thing's for sure; all these images are unedited. So just sit back, and enjoy the raw SC4 images.

3ndelaviab4quake.jpg

An image of Llithustania's Crovakian state capital, Delavia, before the EQ struck.

3nferdinandselicia.jpg

The small village of Ferdinand in the islands of Selcia and Bormeleo. At night.

ablastfromthepast.jpg

Welshington, Bauitelle, Llithustania. A blast from the past, made several years ago.

alaskanfrontier.jpg

An image I made that was inspired by Alaska. Also inspire by my discovery of these odd terrain textures. Huehue.

etaathens.jpg

An old image from the ETA, a Litusian territory before it claimed independence. From the 3N CJ.

batarianslumsuncut.jpg

ME:TMW's Batarian slum on Khar'shan uncut.

metmwuneditedcerberusstation.jpg

An unedited shot of the Cerberus Station over Austra in ME:TMW.

etanovamaine.jpg

Novamaine, capital of the ETA. An old image I'd never shown on ST.

touraancityguriviaprogress.jpg

The Progress I made on Touraan City, capital of the Gurivian Emirates or Federation, I forgot.

themysteriousislandartifact.jpg

Close up shot on the Mysterious Island remake and its artifact.

tutorialabsoluterandom.jpg

The result of the Tutorial I made unedited. Just wanted to post it here too lol.

madisonomgwtf.jpg

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

uglyindustryavondale.jpg

It's ugly. From one of my earlier towns that I actually grew.

avondalethatoldtowniusetogrow.jpg

A view of the main town area of Avondale. An old town I use to play. And it was actually turning a profit. I'll show you it again when I've removed the Maxis Trees and spruced it up a bit!

Meanwhile, you remember what I said in the last update? About a Sci-Fi update regarding a remake of a classic sci-fi film? Well, here's the project in progress:

teaserforspecialrrcreation.jpg

I'm making some models for the few images I'm making in regards to this specific movie. I gotta fix some surface on these models in skecthup but so far so good

If you wanna take a guess at the movie, go ahead.

Anyway, that's it for today, come back to R&R for anything new and random!

Huston

7h4T8.png

Schulmanator

Thanks, it is a mining colony after all :)

TekindusT

Thanks, such words to describe the stereotypical sci-fi city :P

Benedict

It's just about how people use to and often still fantasize futuristic cities. Of course, for the Earth's case, it would undoubtedly never be like that but still :P

Schulmanator

Thanks, it's all in the lack of color :P

MilitantRadical

Bastet69008

Thank youuu :)

Crazyforsimcity

Prophet42

Gannet

They're great aren't they?

Ln X

Wow, thanks :D

Tonraq

Thanks Carl :P

gigius76

KonstantinII

I still do make 'futuristic cities' and there really is no one way to post a CJ. The variety and uniqueness of a given idea is what makes a CJ. But an FYI as well, the majority of my images are all just a collection of scenes in SC4, including Polaris. :)

Qorten

Thanks, I've never really seen the film before but thanks anyway! And yep, ME:TMW episodes take hours, sometimes weeks considering that most updates might come with a new set of buildings that I have to make before hand. It's great you appreciate it :)

Schriefer

pingpong

Cool! I'm a real fan of sci-fi related stuff, if isn't already obvious :P Btw thanks!

MaTSW

old joe

Lol haha yeah, no monolith, just a massive alien temple? :P

westy177

Thanks, I'm not one to allow my quality of work to slide :)

Robotica

Thanks so much! It's great of you to say all that and I'm quite the fan of Mass Effect, so the recreations are just something I like to do (as well as side stories). My earlier works used to be functional, and I stressed about it quite a bit then. Now, they're largely static and aesthetic-centric. Sorry to disappoint :P

Evandad

Thanks, great of you to stop by :)

Mass Effect: The Milky Way. Out of my collection of City Journals, story plots and themed images, ME:TMW's images are by far one of my heaviest applications of Photoshop editing, requiring post-game editing to add visual effects you cannot typically insert in the game itself. Visual effects such as lasers, holography, miscellaneous signage (That are pasted on BATs that are not my own), color filters, lens flaring, light alteration, graphic correction, cloud layering, saturation alteration and other such effects that are essential to give the images the feel and atmosphere you get from the actual Mass Effect series. And before I began BATing for the CJ, numerous elements such as the Kodiak Shuttle and Reaper ships were mostly photoshopped as there were no other ways of getting them into the pics.

Photoshopping has become one of ME:TMW's primary assets, and without it, would lose its special ability to present various atmospheres and environments, that allow you to immerse youself in a world unlike our own -- that also doesn't stick to the traditional Earthy, above-ground environments that SC4 is bound by.

So when you tear the editing away from the actual image, you can let the naked images run and show you how it would look without the special post-game editing. They're not as remarkable without their respective effects which give you a sense of being immersed in pollution, underwater scenery or a gaseous alien atmosphere.

Here are some samples of ME:TMW images that are edited, and then shown naked.

Episode #22 | Fire in the Sky

tizodistrictarkbormosaic1.jpg

7h6Qd.jpg

This is an image of Kanaze, ravaged and polluted by dirty industry. When naked, the image looks far cleaner than its edited counterpart. Hardly a good representation of what the Tizo District would really look like.

Episode #17 | Underwater Secret

hunderoltoceanmosaic.jpg

7h7kc.jpg

The underwater episode that when deep into Salacia's vast planet-wide ocean. Without the editing, it feels nothing more like an above-ground coral reef, if that ever made any sense. Also notice the station is gone. Yeah, at the time, I photoshopped since GMax was failing to export it completely

Episode #13 | Fall of the Protheans

7h7uJ.jpg

7h7D7.jpg

The Prothean Colony on Eden Prime in Pre-human colonization times, minus the Reaper annihalation.

Episode #10 | The Delta Research Team

tnthedelta2.jpg

7h8dA.jpg

An image of the surface of Tosal Nym, stripped of any dust storm clouds.

Episode #36 | Blood Pack Comms

4TPun.jpg

7h8w9.jpg

Without the color filtering, the atmosphere of Tarith as opposed to the first is less alien, without the greenish-blue hue to paint the picture of a chlorinated atmosphere.

Episodes #31 #32 #33 | Origins: John Shepard, Kaidan Alenko, Kasumi Goto

In order of image - Kaidan Alenko, John Shepard, Kasumi Goto

7h8RQ.jpg

7h9eV.jpg

Without photo editing, the saturation of said images can be either too high or to low than they should be to set a certain mood. In Origins: Kaidan Alenko, the orchard image requires light alterations and color filtering with adjustments to its saturation to create a bright sunset atmosphere. In Origins: John Shepard, New York's GM building is given a brighter profile and holograms are featured on the sides of towers to create a busy, futuristic urban setting. While in Origins: Kasumi Goto, the Umeda tower, which is orginally quite a striking and rather saturated light navy blue, is reduced to a more desaturated and calmer image minus the overwhelming colors in what is supposed to be a neutral setting.

These are just some examples. That's all for now, come stop by again at Random & Random for anything new! Expect some more Sci-Fi related images as I've been watching a particularly interesting modern remake of a classic Pre-millenia sci-fi film.

Huston

R•E•P•L•I•E•S

Schulmanator

Thanks. I think I emptied the bottle of choc syrup out, and I'm outta sprinkles too. Guess a little choc sauce will have to do :P

Fox

Thanks, despite this only being about 99% vanilla :P

NMUSpidey

I thought so, it wasn't purely vanilla hehe :P

Benedict

So plain and ugly I guess. I mean the buildings aren't so bad, but other things could do with some work. In terms of Ice Cream, nothing at all :P

Schriefer

You may need to check up with a local optometrist to make sure your retinas aren't damaged :P Thanks.

TekindusT

Ha, if only :P

Tonraq

Lol, that road and industry on the hill really wasn't the smartest idea :P

Ln X

It is isn't it? Although that is the beauty of SC4 now :P

Neto Dari

jmsepe

Same here too, I mean I'm not saying all the maxis buildings are ugly but there are quite a few that I can't say I like. And I guess that I mean pure vanilla -- ya know, without all those transit mods, terrain mods and terrain affecting slope mods and extra MMPs :P

APSMS

YES. The maxis default lotting for most buildings is horrible. Especially the used textures they have for some of them -- patched ornmental-like concrete base textures that were pink? Ick. And definitely picky about the trees. When I first discovered MMPs and custom trees (Back then I used CP's mostly), it was a total revolution for me. But lol as well, the grid-ness of Freemont :P

_A

Thanks, it's a lot to say about my horribly designed and lack luster vanilla city :P

CorpusDei

Ha, yeah, that hill hasn't been popular with a lot of people, nor do I think its any better :P

Hamish

Yep! Definitely agree with that! :P

Before Mass Effect: The Milky Way, I had a series of attempts at sci-fi cities. Some were okay, others were downright u-g-l-y. This was one of my attempts and I've never actually posted this anywhere other than a skype-chat I had literally years ago. Ha! how time flies.

So this is Polaris, a small industrial city of 14,000 to 30,000 (I don't really know) supposed to be located on a frozen moon called Correlia. Its sole existence revolves around extracting hydrogen and helium from Correlia's atmosphere and refining it for fuel in various technologies. There's a lotta glass in this update so you know.

7eGCn.jpg

7eGJo.jpg

7eGKg.jpg

7eGWA.jpg

7eGLt.jpg

+ My Old sci-fi attempt with one of Llithustania's state-capital cities. You've probably already seen it, but it's such an old image, I just thought I'd dig it up to show again in addition to these other sci-fi pics.

7eGRP.jpg

7eGSu.jpg

That's it for now, check in again at Random & Random for anything new random topics and pics!

Huston

R•E•P•L•I•E•S

Schulmanator

Thanks! :)

TekindusT

Thanks a lot, Lot Editor was steaming hot after the amount of lotting I put in :P

Tonraq

Thanks Carl, so you can still remember my bid? Cool :)

spursrule14

Thanks, I did pay a bit of attention to it especially :)

Hazani Pratama

city89

If only...I'm not much of an airport guru, and didn't complete it. Some day, may be :P

weixc812

NMUSpidey

Trams are fun to build and watch. A little complicated to integrate it into a city, but still great to have :P

SimCoug

Schriefer

OMG. A vanilla update from Huston? Could it be? It is!

Yep, I tried a bit of vanilla SC4, and it's not as great as it sounds lol.

C AUT ION: Update may burn retinas in humans. Read at your own risk.

freemontcityvanillasc4.jpg

Huston

R•E•P•L•I•E•S

feeroz123

Thanks, glad you see it that way :)

NMUSpidey

Well thanks :)

Zerx

They're from the BSC Parks set over at SimCity 4 Devotion's LEX.

pasqualegiò

Ha, yeah, they're such downers :P Thanks!

TekindusT

Well thanks Tekindus! :)

KonstantinII

Fox

Thanks a lot Fox :) And I'm not sure I'll be going back to the AIN though, it feels to much like an obligation to RP and make updates for countries. But you never know ;) And I do a lot of procrastination, but also since it's all sandbox style creations, they don't take as long to make; no longer than a few hours + photo editing. Consider these pics more as speed-paintings. But then again, this journal is nothing more than a place where I gather old unreleased images or stuff people might've not seen. Hence the variation :P

RepublicMaster

Thanks Will, and lol yeah, like I said, you never know :P

Hazani Pratama

Thanks Hazani :)

Gannet

pingpong

Thanks a lot, and if that's what you want, I wouldn't mind throwing in some old SC4 pics I have :P

urielgarcia

Thanks lol :P

spursrule14

Thanks, that was really just a one-time creation really :P

§haÅ--Ñ€ §hÅŽo

simcityplayer15

Benedict

Cool, good to see I got to the top of the BTT again :)

spursrule14

Thanks for the BOTB spurs :)

These next creations were from my successful 22nd ISC bid. The bidding city was from Llithustania, in the 12th, pro-separatist state of Crovakia. The city, was Anedau.

anedauisc1s.jpg

The Anedau Tower.

anedauisc4.jpg

Anedau International Airport

anedauisc9.jpg

Souttelit Botanical Gardens.

anedauisc7.jpg

Tram and bus lines along downtown Anedau. Above displayed is Anedau City Square and farther up, The Samaritaine Convention Center.

anedauisc2.jpg

The Samaritaine Convention Center and Anedau City Square by night.

anedauisc8.jpg

The wider Downtown area of Anedau. (Yes I know the tram-line breaks on one of the avenue intersections -- missed it out I guess

:P)

The 22nd ISC event in Anedau in the next update.

Until next time

;)