• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Entries in this City Journal

kj3400

Replies

raynev1: Yeah, and I think it's a good one, this Cities game.

Tonraq: Thanks, it's good(?) to be back.

Just a question this time around. My recent updates used majhost and occasionally imageshack for hosting photos. However, majhost has fallen off the face of the earth and imageshack has gone premium. I've noticed ST has a gallery wherein I can upload pics. Would you all want me to reupload the pics from majhost, considering they're all still on my hard drive? It'd be a slow thing, and I couldn't guarantee I'd remember all the updates, but I would do it. Let me know.

Also, so I don't just bore you all, here's some more pics of that city I showed you in the last entry. I want to do an update on it, I think. But I may wait until I get a new laptop, which should be by the end of August, so bear with me.

large.20160801041513_1.jpg.008835a586802

large.20160801041824_1.jpg.bb9f4f9c1b508

kj3400

Well, trixie season is over and I've come out on top. Paradise has finally won itself a 'Best Roadgeek CJ' award!

I know I did it all by myself and so will take all the credit couldn't have done it without you folks' help, so I want to say thank you. :P

I know I haven't been updated much at all this month, but I'm waiting on a new laptop out of the shop that I managed to break two days after getting it. Give me a week, tops. Then the update river should flow again.

I do have a pic here I've never shown before though.

braun_city-dec._21__511357375771.png

Enjoy!

kj3400

So, I'd like to wish everyone a happy new year, and because I can't think of anything else to say, let's start the final update of this arc.

The last section of the Capital Beltway will seem rather short. After all, most of it is already in the form of I-5 and the section of the Beltway between I-1 and I-2. It also means that except for the interchange with Rt. 7, the I-5/601 split, the section between I-2 and I-5, and minor modifications to the Beltway/I-2 interchange, this section is built in its entirety.

These last set of exits have three sets of possible numbers. If you’ve been paying attention, you’ll’ve noted that there were four options and four combinations of those options and three sets of exit numbers shouldn’t make sense. Well, it does, because two of those combinations end up at the same number.

option_2a_exit_15_or_16_ccw.png

option_2b_exit_15_or_16.png

After I-601 joins I-5 wherever (depending on which options you choose; more on that later) one would assume that more traffic would equal a need for more than 2 lanes. Well, that might not be necessarily true. The region’s development thus far has been vastly uneven, which means areas only miles outside places like the capital are empty or lightly settled, and traffic is light enough so that I-601 and I-5 would probably be reduced to one lane each in the merge.

part_4_i5_sec.png

I-5 crosses a rail line, which will be the continuation of Pararail’s Cyan Line when the town of Woodbine requests a station. With the signing of I-601 and the extension of the Cyan Line pending, this crossing will need to be grade separated. There’s not much to explain here though. Overpass, no level crossing. Questions?

Exit 16/17/18:

exit_16_17_18.png

Currently an at-grade junction because the low traffic levels on I-5, this exit is slated to be upgraded to a diamond, the very minimum needed for interstate standards. The definite widening of the stretch of multiplex would start here, which means the bridges to the south of here would need to be replaced with wider bridges. Of course engineering difficulties mean that bridge with an odd number of lanes or and, for one-way networks, anything over 2 lanes, is impossible for some reason. 2 lanes, sure, 4, fine, 6, cool. But 5 lanes, holy crap, call in the scientists, we got a problem here. But that’s a problem for another thread/team *cough*NAM Team*cough*.

Exit 17-18/18-19/19-20:

woodbine-jan._13__031347892797.png

This recently built interchange is not going to be rebuilt, obviously. But there will be some widening efforts here, as development to the south is expected to creep east soon. This interchange is with the old road, Rt. 4, connecting Woodbine and Norwood to the new freeway, Rt. 33/the GER, which partially terminates here before ending at a T with a soon to be numbered route, probably 15.

Exit 19/20/21:

exit_19_20_21.png

This is where the I-5/I-601 multiplex ends. This is just one of the two options for this interchange. The other is basically a mirror image of exit 14/15 in option 2b. The only reason there isn’t a definite decision for a partial or full interchange is because of the partial interchange where I-2 joins I-5 for a short time and it’s assumed these two forks could be considered a pair.

Exit 20/21/22:

This last stretch of Beltway is a straight shot, and so not important enough for a picture, passing north of Schulm Air Force Base (recently renamed due to confusion as to what ‘force’ the base was for). There are no plans for an exit here now, but the Department of Defense is looking into whether it would be needed later on, but previous communications have indicated it’s probably going to happen. This would be the region’s first military-only exit. It looks like the Transit Department is going to have to come up with new signage.

Exit 21/22/23 A, B(cw) A, B, C(ccw):

exit_21_or_22_or_23.png

The interchange with I-2 is only half finished now that the plan for extending the beltway appears to be getting the green light. This interchange (which will be complex enough to get a name now) will be getting a fourth side and all the ramps associated with that side. Of course, the existing interchange was only ever a temporary setup in the first place, but only a small portion is being destroyed. There are possibly plans to have more ramps from I-601 to exclusively access the air force base, but once again, like with the I-5 interchange, plans aren’t definite, and probably won’t be needed, especially if exit 20/21/22 is constructed.

The last three exits you have already seen, as they are Phase I, but I’ll indulge you again.

Exit 21/22/23 C(cw), 23/24/25 B(ccw) :

riverside_heights-nov._15__331336257918.png

The partial interchange with Airport Expwy. Weaved in between two interchanges so close, it doesn’t even get its own number, instead borrowing from the two surrounding it. It does its job well though, linking the new expressway to the airport with people from the southwest of the capital, although the west-north slips are going to need widening soon.

Exit 23/24/25 [A(ccw)]:

riverside_heights-nov._1__331335854695.png

A standard diamond interchange with Rt. 6, partially seen in this picture, slightly complicated by the slips from Airport Expwy joining in on the west side.

Exit 24/25/26:

clearyville-jun._26__381320942570.png

The nation’s only SPUI with Government Pkwy, which used to be NH 3 this far south, until the Transit Department realized it had made an error on the map between the bypass and the line the beltway now occupies. Problem was, the signs for the Beltway were made with this error, so they were pretty embarrassed at that.

So at this point we’ve come full circle as the phrase is said. That’s the beltway. Now when you’ve unstuck your face from the table and wiped the drool off your face, please note the poll. It’s time to decide. First of all whether you think the beltway should be built, and if so, what options. Of course, if you have any other ideas, by all means, choose other and let us know. We live to serve, and lay down massive strips of asphalt and concrete.

I do hope you enjoyed this arc that lasted much longer than it prolly should have. As a bonus, I’ve mapped out our hypothetical trip for you to enjoy and depending on the options picked, will show it again later.

i601_capital_beltway_strip_map_final.png

Enjoy!

kj3400

Update time!

Part 3 of my extremely long for some reason beltway update deals with the northeast section of the new beltway.

After the Transcontinental Freeway interchange, the beltway proceeds to curve northeast, north of the newly constructed stadium complex. There’s no special interchange for the stadium, though if there is a need for one, there is plenty of space to fit ramps.

beltway_stadium_curve.png

Exit 11 or 12:

exit_11_or_12.png

A simple diamond with the now 2 lane Government Pkwy is all that’s planned for this interchange. Traffic levels are low enough now that this is all that’s needed at this point.

After exit 11/12, the freeway proposal diverges into its second pair of route options. The preferred option continues northeast, while the alternate option swings back southeast.

Option 2a makes it way toward NH 192.

Exit 12/13:

option_2a_exit_12_or_13.png

This interchange, besides providing access to and from west NH 192 from the west on the beltway, it also provides local access to Gateway, the airport industrial area and cargo loading depot. The road here (Gateway Av) will be upgraded to a divided highway at the interchange.

Exit 13/14:

option_2a_exit_13_or_14.png

This is where the beltway/NH 192 multiplex begins. The exit provides access to Airport Blvd for the rail station, parking facilities and hotels, as well as an alternate route to the airport. The interchange is rather unorthodox, having NH 192 merge with the beltway in the middle. But traffic levels are projected to be divided rather evenly between the beltway and NH 192, enough so that this setup is acceptable. The other reason for this will be discussed a little later.

Exit 14/15:

This exit… is already built, in its entirety. I’d show a picture, but there’s no point considering nothing about it is changing except some widening on the beltway portion. This exit, of course is the main access point to the airport, it being the terminus of I-302.

I mean I suppose I could show a pic...

johnson_gateway_international_ai-jan._3__161349330933.png

Exit 15/16(clockwise):

option_2a_exit_15_or_16_cw.png

This is the reason NH 192 is allowed to enter and exit on the left at exit 13/14. The multiplex is only for the I-302 interchange… As with the western interchange, NH 192 exits and enters on the left. This interchange also provides access to northbound I-5 for eastbound beltway drivers.

Exit 15/16 (counterclockwise):

option_2a_exit_15_or_16_ccw.png

The beltway begins its multiplex with I-5 at this point. The interchange is a simple fork, with priority given to I-5.

Exit 16/17:

option_2a_exit_16_or_17.png

The current situation is an at grade junction with Rt. 7. That would be changed to a diamond interchange.

Option 2b travels farther south of NH 192, effectively forming a bypass of Gateway and Sunnysidington.

Exit 12/13:

option_2b_exit_12_or_13.png

A simple folded diamond.

Exit 13/14 A-B-C-D:

option_2b_13_or_14_abcd.png

By far one of the longest stretching interchanges in the proposal, this interchange will provide access to the Airport Expwy as well as I-302. Full access is provided between all roadways.

Exit 14/15:

option_2b_exit_15_or_16.png

This t-bone interchange will provide access to both directions of I-5. Priority is given to I-5.

One more part to go, I promise. Then we can get to the fun stuff.

kj3400

Still stalling, so here's a region view. Notice the new region I've added to the inventory of Paradise regions. Marvel at how big it is (260 large tiles). Curse at me for not continuing updating. Rinse and repeat.

Warning: Clicking the image will bring you to a larger view of the region, but said view is 12,544 x 6,661 pixels.

paradise_all_2012-10-31_small.jpg

Happy birthday Paradise! :party:

kj3400

update_banner.png

Welcome back. We hope you had enough time to think about the first section because we’ve already started building the beltway before giving you all the budget specifics and billed you for it finished the second portion of the proposal for your viewing.

Phase II, as you may recall, involves extending the Capital Beltway from I-1 to I-2. The next section we will look at is Phase IV. We will look at Phase III last as it is geographically later than this section. Phase IV connects I-2 to I-1 north of Johnson City, crossing over the Baltimore River.

Option 1a exit 6

exit_6_option_1a.png

Exit 6 will provide direct access to West Johnson City via a modified diamond interchange. The interchange was originally was going to be with Melbourne Rd, but it was decided the interchange would be too close to the interchange with I-302/I-2.

Exit 7

exit_7_option_1a.png

A simple diamond with the Great Northwest Road was recommended here. This might need to be upgraded in the future.

Option 1b exit 6

exit_6_option_1b.png

The specifications for this interchange are exactly the same as for option 1a’s exit 7 as is the road the interchange is for. The only difference is the wide curve to the east the beltway will take here.

Because of the different number of exits on option 1a and 1b, the next set of exits will have two numbers associated with them.

Exit 7 or 8

This exit isn’t going to be constructed with the rest of the beltway, because it simply isn’t needed yet. However, due to our country’s exit numbering protocol, we are trying to avoid massive renumbering by reserving this exit number ahead of time.

Exit 8 or 9:

exit_7_or_8.png

This exit is for Route 19, to access New Baltimore to the north. The layout of the interchange is due to the New Baltimore river crossing.

Exit 9a-b-c/10 or 10a-b-c/11

exit_9a-c-10_or_10a-c-11.png

This quartet of exits is for National Highway 3/Great Northern Rd, I-1 and Louvenia Pike. The unusually shaped interchange is due to the geography of the area. Interstate 1 is wedged between the city’s freight rail line and Paradise’s commuter rail line, and moving either one could prove costly. As a result, we had to get a bit creative with this interchange.

exit_9a-c-10_or_10a-c-11_alt.png

The alternate version of this interchange is what would be constructed if it were decided if a toll were to be put on the river crossing. The toll plaza would require westbound traffic crossing the river to collect before the plaza, eastbound traffic exiting after the crossing to exit after the toll, and westbound traffic exiting before the bridge and traffic heading eastbound on the beltway to do so more east than the former two things.

We at the Commonwealth Transit Department appreciate your input and will be back with our third portion of this proposal soon.

kj3400

Today I'd like for you to pretend you're on the Johnson City Council and that I'm a representative of a committee from the Commonwealth Transit Department. You'll see why.

This meeting for the interim report on the progress of the planning of the Capital Beltway will come to order.

This meeting is to discuss the progress of plan reference number 3115199112, otherwise known as the Capital Beltway, designated as Interstate Highway 601. This freeway is being constructed as a circumferential highway around the capital city metropolitan area as a means to deter future congestion in the city center and to facilitate travel through and around the city itself. Although the city’s population is at only about 110,000 and the metropolitan area is barely over 275,000, we feel that construction of the Capital Beltway now, while the population is low and the land is inexpensive is the best plan, particularly when the time comes to widen and we’re faced with a large bill because development has pushed right up against the beltway.

Provided with your portfolios is an overview of the beltway’s projected path and an alternate view showing the area being affected by the freeway. We apologize for the poor quality, but that’s the best we could do at such short notice.

beltway_plan.png

beltway_plan_alt_view.png

As you may already know, construction on 4 exits of the Capital Beltway, or Phase I, was completed some time ago and is getting usage comparable to the figures we had estimated. However, traffic levels are still rising and so Phase II is ready to be implemented. Phase II involves extending the west side of the Beltway to Interstate Highway 2, and this is what we’ll be going over today. Keep in mind these interchanges are not set in stone and are subject to change, but these interchanges are what most likely will be built.

Exit 1

exit_1_west.png

Exit 1 is the interesting situation where I-601 splits around I-1 before ending. This is where we will begin our meeting. Exit 1 will have the mainline of I-601 extend past I-1, claiming a small neighborhood that may or may not have been authorized by the council to be constructed. Ramps for the eastbound lanes of the beltway will be added. Notice there is no access to WB I-601 from NB I-1. This has been noted, and will be addressed later. I-601 will have a half diamond interchange (Exit 1D) with Route 6 (Southern Blvd.) accessible from the eastbound direction only.

Exit 2

exit_2.png

I-601 transitions back to a ground highway and passes under the Great Southwest Road, which will be elevated over I-601 on a new overpass. The interchange of choice here will be a folded diamond.

Option 1a/1b split

option_1ab.png

Two alternative plans have been drawn up for I-601 and this is the first of the two. The preferred route, option 1a, heads north here and that is the one we will follow for now.

Option 1a exit 3

exit_3_option_1a.png

Exit 3 is pretty complex due to the intersection of the Great West Road and Old Beltway Blvd. and the bridge I-601 will travel over to cross the Johnson River. The interchange is a cross between a parclo and a trumpet. NB, a simple exit ramp ends at Old Beltway Blvd, with a free flow ramp from WB OBB merging with NB I-601. SB, a similar free flow ramp will merge with WB Great West Road, while a loop ramp will intersect at the same intersection that already exists flowing directly into the Great West Road. A diagram of the intersection is provided in your portfolios as an example.

exit_3_option_1a_signal.png

Exit 4 and 5

exit_4_and_5_option_1a.png

Exit 4 and 5 is rather complicated due to the desire to have full connections between the beltway and I-2/I-302 as well as Rts. 7/19 and so I will advise you to look to the image. However I will note the land being reclaimed in the southern portion of the interchange in order to have enough room to make it, as room is a premium in this neighborhood, unless we demolish a lot of development, which is something that wouldn’t be tolerated.

Option 1b split-3 stretch

option_1b_sw_corner.png

The only noteworthy thing which warranted this picture is the farmland we would be acquiring and replanting trees (in the green area) as a natural noise barrier. Although we know many farmers would be adverse to freeway traffic behind their farms, we have offered to buy up their land for housing and commercial development and find them more suitable lands to set up their farms farther away from the urban cores of Johnson City and Braun City.

Option 1b Exit 3

exit_3_option_1b.png

Exit 3 in this option is much simpler than option 1a’s, involving a simple folded diamond.

Option 1b exit 4 and 5

exit_4_and_5_option_1b.png

This option’s exit 4 and 5 are just as complicated as option 1a’s, except there is more space in which to execute it. The interchange was designed for minimum weaving, as we aren’t exactly sure what traffic levels to expect. Notice the access to the Avogadro rail station from the I-601 to I-2 west ramp.

Here’s where we’ll end today’s meeting. I would like to ask each of you to consider which option you’d like to pick between 1a and 1b, although it’s not mandatory, but just so the Transit Department can get an idea of what the council thinks. Option 1a is the solid line on the reference map we gave you, and 1b is the dotted line.

kj3400

Day 15

Apologies for not keeping up the pic parade. I haven't been feeling up to SC4 recently. I did get another town started, but didn't take any pics of it.

I do however have this blast from the past pic that I don't think ever saw the light of day before now, back when RHW was making its debut in my region as well as construction pictures. I think this was RHW 3...

bayview-burgess-jan._17__191229524020.png

kj3400

Days 12-13-14

So I missed Friday and Saturday, so I'll attempt to bribe you all with pictures of construction of direct ramps to I-302 from this avenue (needs a name, you all should think of one for me).

norwood-sep._4__241347887354.png

norwood-sep._8__241347887807.png

norwood-sep._10__241347888048.png

norwood-sep._27__241347889627.png

norwood-sep._30__241347889639.png

And a pic of the interchange between I-5 (N-S), Rt. 4 (Carreon Av.) and Rt 33/Great East Rd (Norwood-Woodbine Frwy) (bottom E-W).

woodbine-jan._13__031347892797.png

kj3400

Day 10

Day 10 brings that update I promised about the Embassy Park South train station in Johnson City. The station is only part of the project, the other half being the project to grade separate passenger rail traffic, as freight rail traffic mostly runs at night.

johnson_capitol_city-nov._9__1161347425380.png

johnson_capitol_city-nov._19__1161347425526.png

johnson_capitol_city-nov._12__1161347425404.png

johnson_capitol_city-dec._23__1161347425890.png

johnson_capitol_city-nov._20__1161347425677.png

kj3400

Days 7-8

Day 7 and 8. Maybe I should stick to weekday updates.

n._paradise-new_baltimore-feb._19__061347310261.png

My attempt to retree 80-someodd tiles is going all right I suppose...

n._paradise-new_baltimore-feb._22__061347310274.png

kj3400

Day 6

Day 6 brings a changing skyline in Paradise City.

Disclaimer: As you may or may not know I grow most, if not all my buildings. So that being said, I'd like to point out that these buildings were grown, not plopped. The black one on the far right has been growing like weeds.

paradise_city-dec._20__951346999019.png

paradise_city-dec._22__951346999033.png

paradise_city-mar._10__961346999110.png

paradise_city-mar._9__961346999101.png 

kj3400

Day 5

Day 5 brings farms from Brocato, north of Burgess and south of Clearyville. I really need to get around to redoing some of these tiles.

concord-brocato-sep._12__141346954895.png

kj3400

Day 2-3

Totally forgot Monday was a holiday, so I'll show two pics today.

Suburbs in Jackson City.

jackson_city-jan._25__691339432220.png

Suburbs near Red Line Station in Paradise City.

paradise_city-dec._20__901346781496.png

kj3400

September is a special month for me. So I've decided to dedicate myself to upload at least one SC4 pic each day this month, with the exception of Sunday. Of course updates will be scattered in those 4 weeks or so. So since today is the 1st, let's get started...

A shopping center on Route 119, west of Campfield.

campfield-sep._3__091346523858.png

kj3400

Ok, today's update is a small one, but involves roads (who'da thought it from me? :P )

The road being improved upon is the Clearyville Bypass, which hasn't seen much congestion yet, but will when Clearyville Mall is built.

SO here is everything related to the construction with no accompanying text cause I'm sure you know how the deal works by now.

clearyville_mall_before.png

clearyville_mall_after.png

clearyville-jun._10__551344226466.png

clearyville-jul._5__551345092250.png

clearyville-jul._11__551345098992.png

clearyville-jul._15__551345099013.png

clearyville-jul._9__551345098980.png

A pic of the bypass now going over the Pararail line.

clearyville-apr._9__581345100169.png

and a pic of rail construction (aka the next update, which is going swimmingly)

johnson_capitol_city-jul._3__1161345102584.png

Enjoy!

kj3400

My slow updating is certainly something to behold. But enough reflection. Let's look at the capital. Today's update is mostly on Embassy Park, a project I had put on one of my to-do lists and promptly said 'screw you' to. But I finally finished (...enough to show) so let's do this.

Embassy Park as you would imagine, is an area housing embassies for countries in the USNW. So far, embassies for 6 countries have been built with more on the way.

This building has a lot of history. In the past it was used as a palace for rulers selected by Trentannia, when Paradise was a monarchy dependency. It also served as a horseguard parade ground. Of course when Paradise won their independance, they wanted to distance themselves from a monarchy and so abandoned the palace, building Government Hill farther south, although still on the same line as the palace. Today the palace is still home to the horseguard parade grounds, only now for the president. The palace itself was converted into a commons area for the ambassadors to Paradise, as well as a museum focusing on the rule under the Rokes (the ancestors of most of Paradise, a race that settled in Paradise around 2000 BC) and Trentannia.

johnson_capitol_city-jun._15__1141344037904.png

This building houses the administrative offices of each nation that has an embassy here as well as the Foreign Affairs Department. Although most of the work for each individual nation is done in its respective building, the Foreign Affairs Department has the administrative work done here in order to get from having to run across Government Pkwy, which is quite busy, even this far north.

johnson_capitol_city-jun._11__1141344037885.png

The embassy of Okaiken (on left) and of New Chandler (on right).

johnson_capitol_city-mar._26__1141344037749.png

The embassies of Zhung and New Terrance.

johnson_capitol_city-mar._24__1141344037733.png

The three buildings on the left currently house ambassadors of countries who currently don't have embassies as they have requested custom buildings, those countries being Grand Aescail, the Dantanean Confederation, Acadia, Posillipo and Follvirkeland.

johnson_capitol_city-mar._22__1141344037723.png

The temporary embassy of the Imperial Kingdom of Grand, Belluterra and Malo. For some reason, Posilliponian architecture isn't popular in Paradise and it's taking longer than usually to get approval to build it.

johnson_capitol_city-mar._25__1141344037740.png

With that out the way, I wanna show some night pics of downtown Johnson City, which I've finally gotten about 100k residents.

East Station district.

johnson_capitol_city-nov._1__1151344048995.png

The Capitol. Never showed it at night before.

johnson_capitol_city-nov._3__1151344049018.png

West Park. Not very imaginative of a name, but it works.

johnson_capitol_city-oct._26__1151344048945.png

The rapidly growing (as in vertically) Financial District.

johnson_capitol_city-oct._28__1151344048966.png

johnson_capitol_city-oct._30__1151344048978.png

Finally a mosaic of Embassy Park.

jc_mosaic.png

Enj-OH

One more thing for you.

Since Embassy Park is finished....

pararail_announcement.png

Enjoy!!

kj3400

Today we are going to look at Whiting City and the Southern National Port of Paradise.

Whiting City is not the biggest of cities. I won't tell you its population, as I'm not quite sure myself currently :P

The city proper is separated from the rest of itself by the Paradise River on the west side and I-10 on the east and south sides. Here we see I-10 passing over Market St., which was just converted into a one-way street southbound.

whiting_city-nov._4__191341437906.png

and I-10 passing over Center St (north to south) which is the new route for northbound travelers from Market St.

whiting_city-nov._6__191341437914.png

The town is accessible by rail, as the South Shore Line, Johnson-Whiting Line, Braun-Whiting Line and Jackson-Wabash Line all stop through or terminate at Southside Station, the city's main station, which is surprisingly far from downtown. The original builders of the station, the South Shore Company, who coincidentally owned the South Shore Line before the government nationalized the rail lines, wouldn't build the station downtown because it was too 'out of the way' of their planned lines. Thus for now, buses connect station passengers to downtown for free.

Some houses by the station.

whiting_city-nov._17__191341437989.png

The station.

whiting_city-nov._13__191341437960.png

As a result of the grade from the bridge crossing the Paradise River, a rail loop had to be made, isolating this little neighborhood from the rest of the city.

whiting_city-nov._15__191341437971.png

Quiet scene by Richway Park, to the east of downtown.

whiting_city-dec._8__081312745957.png

The east side and west side of Whiting City is connected by the Oliver Willson Bridge, named after some guy who did something important.

whiting_city-nov._11__191341437942.png

South of the city is the province's pride and joy- the Paradise Bay Bridge, which carries I-5 and I-10.

paradise_port_naval_base-jul._19__061342757568.png

and the interchange that feeds into Whiting City and the Paradise Bay Bridge. I-5 goes west to south, I-10 goes west to north.

paradise_port_naval_base-jul._21__061342757592.png

Rt 810 heads east.

paradise_port_naval_base-jul._24__061342757605.png

I-5 divides the resdiential area from the port industrial area, and the shopping center, which some developer saw fit to put in an industrial area.

paradise_port_naval_base-jul._26__061342757627.png

The train station is far from the port, but this was intentional. Who wants to get off at a port? Buses carry workers to their jobs at the national port.

paradise_port_naval_base-may._1__051340816733.png

And some more pics of the port and surrounding area..

paradise_port_naval_base-apr._29__051340816719.png

paradise_port_naval_base-aug._6__061342757718.png

paradise_port_naval_base-jul._31__061342757680.png

paradise_port_naval_base-aug._5__061342757700.png

paradise_port_naval_base-may._3__051340816749.png

Enjoy!