The League

Sign in to follow this  
  • Entry
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A story involving heroes, villains, humor, drama, and more. Lofty goals to live up to, I'm sure.

Entries in this City Journal

LivingInThePast

Beginnings

My name is Elrod McLann. I am teenager in one of the worst cities in the world, Burnsville.

How bad is it? Well, let's put it this way. First off, my house is right here.

5379805322_7d770650e5.jpg

Yeah, that's it. The house with the red truck. It's my dad's. My mom died when I was younger, but I think that they, they being my parents, got divorced instead. So she may be out there somewhere.

5379805316_2fa10bd0ea.jpg

I go to school at Burnville Public School. It's actually a high school and an elementary school together, grades K-12. I'm a junior at the school. It really is a dump. The place was built in the 1930s during the New Deal Projects, but hasn't been really updated since. The whole thing is infested with rats, which is why the cafeteria closed down. The only places to eat, then, include some weird coffee shop, Dairy Queen, or the diner down the street. The fourth floor of the school was closed down several years ago because it was considered unsafe because of leaks in the roof. Sometimes I think the building might just collapse.

And, believe or not, this is downtown. There's a Wal-Mart, a few dollar stores, an Ace Hardware store, and an IGA.

I wish something would happen to me.

Sign in to follow this